How To Make A Torrent File
OK, this will pratically explain everything needed to make torrents, edit them and use the new back up feature for a secondary tracker.
First of all you are going to want to install MakeTorrent V2 RC1. You can get it from HERE.
PART1 - Making a Torrent
OK, making the actual torrent. There will be another section after this about backup trackers. So read that before you press the create torrent button.
- First of all you want to click on the Create Torrent tab. It should look like this:
- Using the menu at the left navigate to the folder where the file you wish to make a torrent of is stored.
- In the tracker drop down menu enter the tracker that you wish to use. There are also predefined tracker uls in the drop down menu.
- See section PART 2 below for adding a back up tracker. For advanced users only.
- In the file list (The white area below the All, none, inverse buttons) select the files you wish to make a torrent of. Highlighted files are selected files.
- Tip: If you hold the CTRL button and click on a file name you can select multipal files without selecting them all.
- Press the create .torrent button and choose where you wish to save the file.
after a short wait the file will be created.
PART 2 - The Backup Tracker
With advancedments in the bittorrent client, only select clients allow this featyre, it is now possible to add a backup tracker. Some sites do supply this, but if they don't then avoid it completely. If you don't understand what a backup tracker is then you shouldn't be using this function, its for advanced users only. So here's how to add it.
- Ok, from the point where I mentioned this in the make torrent section do the following.
- Check the use backup torrent box then press the Use Backup Tracker(s) button. You should see this:
- Select whatever backup tracker you wish to use from the drop down menu or enter one manually.
- Click the add button, it should appear in the white text area.
- Press ok, and that's it added as a backup
PART 3 - Editing Torrents
Ok, this is just incase the tracker urls change and you have to edit the torrents.
- First of all click the view/edit torrent tab
- Press the ... button and select the torrent you wish to edit. You should see this:
- Edit as necessary, whether it be the tracker address, the backup tracker or whatever
- Click the save button.
This post has been edited by nodeffect: Nov 15 2004, 12:23 PM
[GUIDE]How To Make A Torrent File, Making your own torrent files to share.