Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Local Maxis iPhone Blocked?

views

yewjin
post Apr 28 2009, 04:07 PM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(chinamobile @ Apr 26 2009, 01:45 AM)
Hi guys

like i said

3 maxis iphone set came in. (Have a Maxis ICON on home screen)

Put in any sim can not lock on to network.

thought maybe sim contact point broken.

but open up and checked all pins ok.

JBed yellowsn0wed did not do any good.
i did not take down the part or serial or IMEI.

the next Maxis iPhone that comes in i will note it.
Just came back from Bangkok and placed a local Thai sim (DTAC) into my Maxis 3G iPhone. No problems or issues at all.
TSchinamobile
post Apr 29 2009, 11:24 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(yewjin @ Apr 28 2009, 04:07 PM)
Just came back from Bangkok and placed a local Thai sim (DTAC) into my Maxis 3G iPhone. No problems or issues at all.
Locked= can use a particular country sim only
Blocked= imei number block across network here

different
pilot8
post Apr 29 2009, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

can i request maxis not to jailbreak or software unlock the iphone when i buy it from them?
any difference on which method they use to unlock the phone?
so which unlocked maxis iphone we should buy?
rx330
post Apr 29 2009, 01:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

maxis has only 8gb, n 16gb variants
maxis will not jailbreak ur phone nor neither unlock ur phone software
nokia2003
post Apr 29 2009, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,786 posts

QUOTE(pilot8 @ Apr 29 2009, 01:40 PM)
can i request maxis not to jailbreak or software unlock the iphone when i buy it from them?
seeing that you are new here, i will give in this time.

jailbreaking and software unlock are completely two different things (however they may be related in regards to yellowsn0w)

jailbreaking allows you to introduce foreign (but desirable) elements to your iPhone. having said that, since the so-called elements are foreign, they are not originally part of the iPhone. in another word, jailbreaking will void your warranty IF it is found to have been jailbroken before.

maxis iPhones are officially unlocked and therefore you don't need any hocus pocus unlocking methods (hardware - sim card adapters and sofware - yellowsn0w).

This post has been edited by nokia2003: Apr 29 2009, 01:56 PM
prasys
post Apr 29 2009, 04:18 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(pilot8 @ Apr 29 2009, 01:40 PM)
Nokia2003 has explained it well. Just to add , in Malaysia - all phones are unlocked. It must be sold unlocked. That's the law here in Malaysia. Carriers aren't allowed to sell locked phones in the market. These are the reason why our phones are expensive as opposed to folks in lets say USA !

Jailbreaking on the other hand is actually patching some of apple's code in order to install 3rd party hacks and stuff. It takes your iPhone to a new level !. Oh yeah it voids your warranty !

highrulez
post Sep 5 2009, 11:59 AM

34 posts

actually maxis can't even blocked the phone. Cuz Maxis only has a authorized on SIM card and can blocked the sim card only...not the phone. My friends using maxis iphone for 1 month then not pay the bills and guess what, maxis blocked only the sim and not the phone. If you jailbreak your iphone, even it is from maxis you will get no signal after all. you need to use an ultrasn0w for unlock it unless your phone is official unlock from apple™ it self.
rx330
post Sep 5 2009, 12:01 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

wow.... honestly, it would be better if u get ur facts right b4 making a clown of yourself, either that or im a clown myself
"If you jailbreak your iphone, even it is from maxis you will get no signal after all. you need to use an ultrasn0w for unlock it unless your phone is official unlock from apple™ it self."
highrulez
post Sep 5 2009, 12:08 PM

34 posts

using dif firmwares dif phone country. and no problem at all. Malaysian Sucks...thats the fact. btw unlock using ultrasn0w instead of yellowsn0w.
rx330
post Sep 5 2009, 12:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

yeah, i sucked sad.gif

anyway, just fyi, maxis iphone is official unlocked set
highrulez
post Sep 5 2009, 12:16 PM

34 posts

but maxis iphone cant use DiGi and Celcom line right? or im wrong?. I dont know if other maxis user can use other sim card on it (without hailbreak or unlock).
gyver
post Sep 5 2009, 12:23 PM

Regular
1,067 posts

I'm using iPhone and on Celcom postpaid line smile.gif
PeeEl
post Sep 5 2009, 12:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,604 posts

QUOTE(highrulez @ Sep 5 2009, 12:16 PM)
but maxis iphone cant use DiGi and Celcom line right? or im wrong?. I dont know if other maxis user can use other sim card on it (without hailbreak or unlock).
I actually do not want to stoop to your level debating with someone who does not know half of what he is talking about. But for the good of the community here, especially those who do not know very much about the iPhone yet, I am taking it upon myself to rectify your unilaterally wrong comments. Before that, do us all a favour, read first to find out more before passing comments which not only mislead people but also make you a clown as mentioned hereinabove.

Jaibreaking is a totally different process from unlocking and it does not affect the phone when it is an unlocked unit. And Maxis dishes out only offiially unlocked sets as required by law.
NeoNecro123
post Sep 8 2009, 06:02 AM

29 posts

thats weird, after JB'ing for the fw 3.0, my SINGTEL unit shows No Signal until i ultrasnOw'ed. Or is SINGTEL actually an unlock unit?

This post has been edited by NeoNecro123: Sep 8 2009, 06:03 AM
nokia2003
post Sep 8 2009, 09:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,786 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Sep 5 2009, 12:01 PM)
wow.... honestly, it would be better if u get ur facts right b4 making a clown of yourself, either that or im a clown myself
"If you jailbreak your iphone, even it is from maxis you will get no signal after all. you need to use an ultrasn0w for unlock it unless your phone is official unlock from apple™ it self."
QUOTE(rx330 @ Sep 5 2009, 12:09 PM)
yeah, i sucked sad.gif

anyway, just fyi, maxis iphone is official unlocked set
QUOTE(PeeEl @ Sep 5 2009, 12:33 PM)
I actually do not want to stoop to your level debating with someone who does not know half of what he is talking about. But for the good of the community here, especially those who do not know very much about the iPhone yet, I am taking it upon myself to rectify your unilaterally wrong comments. Before that, do us all a favour, read first to find out more before passing comments which not only mislead people but also make you a clown as mentioned hereinabove.

Jaibreaking is a totally different process from unlocking and it does not affect the phone when it is an unlocked unit. And Maxis dishes out only offiially unlocked sets as required by law.
QUOTE(rx330 @ Sep 6 2009, 03:34 PM)
heng ar... lucky im not the clown blush.gif
wow! looks like the ship has already sailed! how could i even missed such an "exciting" thread to begin with. tsk tsk tsk. what a shame...
engkalak
post Jan 12 2019, 07:22 PM

6 posts

Telco locked iPhone is useless as a phone. The best option you have is sell it as spareparts. I buy these kind of phones for repair purpose. Contact me at https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=0178399033 should you wanna sell

rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by engkalak: Jan 12 2019, 07:22 PM
JrKhor
post Jun 1 2020, 12:28 PM

21 posts

I myself experienced it, yes Maxis will bar even your iPhone after they barred your line for awhile, and deactivating your line. For those who say Maxis only bar your sim is not TRUE. So proceed with caution.
zad78
post Jun 2 2020, 08:44 AM

Remember... Remember
1,225 posts

QUOTE(JrKhor @ Jun 1 2020, 12:28 PM)
I myself experienced it, yes Maxis will bar even your iPhone after they barred your line for awhile, and deactivating your line. For those who say Maxis only bar your sim is not TRUE. So proceed with caution.
This is absolutely true. So to be safe, if you wanna buy second hand phone, please buy only from person who bought it from Authorised Reseller like Switch, Mac City, Machines. And request for receipt issued from those shop.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.63    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:23 PM