Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

149 Pages « < 102 103 104 105 106 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Clueless on which telco? Prepaid or postpaid?, Enquiries, discussions and suggestions

views

pubmut
post Sep 14 2017, 07:53 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

Hi all. New to this thread. Any assistance to point me to the right thread to read up would be appreciated.

I've been a user of Unifi since it rolled out in my area (Bdr Sg Long) about 8 years ago. Now with all the service provider packages available, Unifi appears to be rather expensive at RM189 and top up with Hypp TV, RM232 thereabouts.

I'm seriously thinking of cutting off Unifi and go buy them Android boxes and couple that with a MiFi modem.

So, would this be worth the trouble and expense? I think so but your thoughts would be helpful about which provider is most stable and fast and cost wise, cheaper than Unifi.

I'm not a heavy user of Youtube or torrents or whatnot. Mostly work related stuff and with the Android box on, should take up some data.

TIA
budak minyak
post Sep 15 2017, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

im using celcom gold plus, wonder whether is it a good idea for me to change to digi 100 infinite. seems interesting with the unlimited quota, but the coverage and the speed that scare me, its capped at 5mbps. anyone can advise? is 5mbps sufficient to say watch utube with no buffering or isntagram etc. ? im staying in shah alam by the way.
loselegend
post Sep 17 2017, 09:10 PM

(◕‿◕✿)
881 posts

I'm looking for Prepaid plan that have longer validity period in one reload.
Kindly advise.
adiwarna
post Sep 18 2017, 07:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,669 posts

QUOTE(loselegend @ Sep 17 2017, 09:10 PM)
I'm looking for Prepaid plan that have longer validity period in one reload.
Kindly advise.
Onexox - 28 months + extended validity
loselegend
post Sep 18 2017, 10:36 AM

(◕‿◕✿)
881 posts

QUOTE(adiwarna @ Sep 18 2017, 07:53 AM)
Onexox - 28 months + extended validity
Thanks for the reply. smile.gif
neokyo
post Sep 18 2017, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
248 posts

hey.. is there any prepaid with long availability (i lazy topup) and free internet? nid for wasap and light browsing (reading news). call n sms dun mind bcoz i rarely use.

mind u i currently using friendi and last i topup RM30 Januari 2017 and still have rm3 balance with active line..
viceGem
post Sep 19 2017, 01:10 AM

18 posts

Prepaid now is more easy can online bank in top up or using the app also. I really want to get a prepaid card. Been looking at xpax for awhile anyone using it?
alonghakim961234
post Sep 20 2017, 05:37 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(neokyo @ Sep 18 2017, 11:36 AM)
hey.. is there any prepaid with long availability (i lazy topup) and free internet? nid for wasap and light browsing (reading news). call n sms dun mind bcoz i rarely use.

mind u i currently using friendi and last i topup RM30 Januari 2017 and still have rm3 balance with active line..
why not you just take the prepaid monthly plan? it can top up through the apps
alonghakim961234
post Sep 20 2017, 05:41 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(pearlok @ Sep 19 2017, 06:52 AM)
but will it hard to top up when you are expired and around you dont have any top up shop?
i see xpax current plan are good, but think of prepaid is a bit complicated...
xpax? their plan just revised on the privileges?
Apple_Babe
post Sep 21 2017, 10:04 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(DoubleInformation @ Sep 21 2017, 07:01 AM)
prepaid and postpaid, i prefer postpaid, no need keep remember to top up when the sim almost expired,
just need to pay bill on time, much easy...
prepaid you still need look for shop to get the prepaid reload and etc, complicated for me
Well if you have the money to pay it every month why not. But prepaid also have it up side in which you can add on internet if not enough to use. and You dont have to commit to every month payment. There is online top up. rarely people goes to shop already.
Ditypeli
post Sep 25 2017, 06:30 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(Apple_Babe @ Sep 21 2017, 10:04 AM)
Well if you have the money to pay it every month why not. But prepaid also have it up side in which you can add on internet if not enough to use. and You dont have to commit to every month payment. There is online top up. rarely people goes to shop already.
yea, agree with you, the add on really much suitable for prepaid user, can buy any add on if no enough, just online top up if low credit
viceGem
post Sep 25 2017, 09:14 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(Ditypeli @ Sep 25 2017, 06:30 AM)
yea, agree with you, the add on really much suitable for prepaid user, can buy any add on if no enough, just online top up if low credit
Yeah. You dont have to leave your house if you want to top up now adays. I prefer add on because i can plan out when would i be more free and when will i need load of data also. I think walla add on good option to choose from. Because of the daily weekly and monthly also. Its not like force you to take monthly to get the most data.
adiwarna
post Sep 25 2017, 09:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,669 posts

QUOTE(DoubleInformation @ Sep 21 2017, 07:01 AM)
prepaid and postpaid, i prefer postpaid, no need keep remember to top up when the sim almost expired,
just need to pay bill on time, much easy...
prepaid you still need look for shop to get the prepaid reload and etc, complicated for me
Expired? No worries

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
brobro
post Sep 30 2017, 01:12 AM

Getting Started
204 posts

Hi sifus.

I am thinking to have a postpaid plan and install the sim card to MiFi for making hotspot tethering on the go everywhere I go. Another reason is to terminate my current home broadband Unifi as I feel it too expensive.

Appreciate your recommendation of a postpaid plan with below requirement.

- Heavy data usage (movie streaming, playing PS4 online on daily basis)
-tethering multiple devices (min 6 devices)
- High speed Unlimited Data
- Unrestricted tethering (for example internet speed reduction, quota capped or limitation on quantity of tethering device)
-monthly bill cheaper than Unifi

I understand Digi Infinite 150 fits the bill, but my dogi coverage at home sucks, and I also would like to hear recommendation from others.

Appreciate ypur advice. Thanks.
mufaziz88
post Oct 1 2017, 09:53 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(brobro @ Sep 30 2017, 01:12 AM)
Hi sifus.

I am thinking to have a postpaid plan and install the sim card to MiFi for making hotspot tethering on the go everywhere I go. Another reason is to terminate my current home broadband Unifi as I feel it too expensive.

Appreciate your recommendation of a postpaid plan with below requirement.

- Heavy data usage (movie streaming, playing PS4 online on daily basis)
-tethering multiple devices (min 6 devices)
- High speed Unlimited Data
- Unrestricted tethering (for example internet speed reduction, quota capped or limitation on quantity of tethering device)
-monthly bill cheaper than Unifi

I understand Digi Infinite 150 fits the bill, but my dogi coverage at home sucks, and I also would like to hear recommendation from others.

Appreciate ypur advice. Thanks.
Dont think any of "legal" plan aside from Digi Infinite 150 tick your needs there
brobro
post Oct 2 2017, 08:19 AM

Getting Started
204 posts

QUOTE(mufaziz88 @ Oct 1 2017, 09:53 PM)
Dont think any of "legal" plan aside from Digi Infinite 150 tick your needs there
Okay thanks bro
ketaros
post Oct 6 2017, 02:16 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

Hi guys, currently im using Umobile U28 plan. Now my job need to call client a lot and my bill even reach rm60. So decided to take unlimited call plan Umobile P78. Just want to know any other better option for unlimited call plans?
vostro78
post Oct 6 2017, 07:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,778 posts

QUOTE(ketaros @ Oct 6 2017, 02:16 PM)
Hi guys, currently im using Umobile U28 plan. Now my job need to call client a lot and my bill even reach rm60. So decided to take unlimited call plan Umobile P78. Just want to know any other better option for unlimited call plans?
If all this while using is enough for u it means that your data usage is not high. Then take the p38 or p48 will do. P78 unlimited plan for my experience is by bad as the internet is just too slow to load.
siawyent
post Oct 10 2017, 10:54 AM

Enthusiast
702 posts

Anyone know how's the coverage of XOX in Sarawak, especially in Kuching and Miri? is the line and data smooth?
Mr Gray
post Oct 13 2017, 09:37 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(ketaros @ Oct 6 2017, 02:16 PM)
Digi RM65 ambassador plan is a better choice as you get unlimited call and 15GB internet. Digi has a better coverage and Internet speed than u mobile too.

I'm only using Digi RM38 ambassador plan. 1000 minutes to all network, and 3GB internet. That's plenty for me and I've never finished the minutes & Internet quota.

149 Pages « < 102 103 104 105 106 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:49 AM