This thread will be dedicated to making a list of all the Phenom II steppings and the max stable overclocks LYN users have attained with those steppings. I don't want to argue about what "stable" is, so please use good judgment that your OC is stable before you spread the news...this is here to help people, so I would like solid info. That doesn't mean 24hr Prime, it just means that your system isn't crashing when its being stressed by stress programs or intensive gaming, at whatever interval you deem to prove stability.
:: Minor Info Before Start ::
- These chips love low temperatures, and low voltage.
- Instability can be helped a lot by upping the CPU NB Vid a few notches.
- Bluescreen crashes are related to IMC/Memory instability, Black screens related to cpu clocks/voltage and freezes/sudden restarts related to temperatures.
- Higher overclocks are reached in 32-bit windows
- When OCing, start with the Ram and NB OCs FIRST. This helps to ensure that you eliminate all other factors holding back a core OC from stability.
- win 7, win xp, win vista.......it doesn't matter anymore, chips clock just as high in all OS now 64 bit or 32 bit......
Minimum 1 Hour PRIME Is Required for Stability Test !!!
.:: SUICIDE ::.
And please feel free to re-submit updated OC's, but be sure to note any changes to the system and/or specs.
"SPECIAL TAG" - special tag for "AMD LY.Net WR" has been added in! For those user who want to compete for this tag! at least must post 3x 3.8Ghz and above Ocing result!
To submit a listing, please submit a post containing the following:
- Phenom II type (9xx, 9x5, etc)
- CPU stepping (printed on the CPU IHS) or whatever you have.
- Revision (check CPU-Z) ( Latest )
- Max CPU clock speed, reference clock and multiplier
- CPU voltage
- CPU-NB voltage
- Northbridge clock (check CPU-Z) and voltage
- HTT link speed and voltage
- Motherboard used
- Type of cooling
| My [email protected] on Submitting Result |
- Phenom II 955
- CPU stepping : CCACYC AC 0911EPDW
- Revision : RB-C2
- Max CPU clock speed : 3890.5 MHz (251* 15.5)
- CPU voltage : 1.496 V
- Northbridge clock : 2510.0 MHz MHz @ 1.40 V
- Motherboard used : MSI 790FX-GD 70
- Type of cooling : CUSTOM WC
This post has been edited by verdict: Mar 22 2010, 11:48 PM