Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

CQ40-133AX XP Notebook Drivers, Hard To Find XP Notebook Drivers.

views

TSLalaman
post Feb 18 2009, 02:06 AM, updated 16y ago

Regular
1,109 posts

Here Is A Compilation Of XP Drivers For The Compaq CQ40-133AX Notebook Might Work For Others CQ40-100 Series As Well

7 Unknown Device Driver Fix
Extract Contents To A Folder, Goto Device Manager And Right Click On Each Unknown Device and Select Update Driver, Browse To The Directory Containing The Extracted Files And Select machine.inf as your driver file and complete the installation. Repeat For Each Unknown Device.

Broadcom Bluetooth Driver Part 1
This is the integrated bluetooth Windows XP drivers for your HP Compaq CQ40-133AX Notebook For those who struggle like me to find it.

Will Add more Drivers Later

This post has been edited by Lalaman: Feb 18 2009, 09:41 PM
rizvanrp
post Feb 18 2009, 04:01 AM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Elite
195 posts

Hey,

Thanks for posting this (if only you posted this a week ago). I was using Vista on my CQ45 till last week when I decided to try formatting to XP again. The IDT sound driver is a real POS, its not even properly supported in Linux.

There are numerous posts out there on how to achieve this, some with full driver packs (1-14) but all of them are Vista drivers which are being used in XP. Thank you for this as that post had an incomplete machine.inf package that couldn't be installed <_>

In the end, I managed to install everything except the infrared. I don't use IR so I didn't even try.. had to upgrade from the stock BIOS v12 to v24 using the Vista bios updated (its not actually OS specific).

Furthermore, to achieve sound.. the sound driver + HDA modem driver gets 'disabled' every time at boot due to a .sys file conflict. The only way to get around this is to use a program called 'devcon' to restart the Microsoft UAA Audio Bus thingy everytime you restart the system. Apparently this is because some of the other drivers have a conflict with the audio driver.. and it's not going to be fixed because this laptop range (CQ40 and CQ45) was designed for Vista only.

I'm fine now, even made a ghost of the partition just incase I need to reformat in the future without all the hassle. Good luck posting those other drivers smile.gif

Attached is my dev manager list for my CQ45-146TX running XP, everything is working except IR and thanks to this driver, I'm down 7 unknown devices smile.gif

This post has been edited by rizvanrp: Feb 18 2009, 04:05 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSLalaman
post Feb 18 2009, 09:42 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

Added Integrated Bluetooth Drivers
chicaman
post Feb 19 2009, 04:08 AM

( ;゚Д゚) t(-.-t)
9,651 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Feb 18 2009, 04:01 AM)
Hey,

Thanks for posting this (if only you posted this a week ago). I was using Vista on my CQ45 till last week when I decided to try formatting to XP again. The IDT sound driver is a real POS, its not even properly supported in Linux.

There are numerous posts out there on how to achieve this, some with full driver packs (1-14) but all of them are Vista drivers which are being used in XP. Thank you for this as that post had an incomplete machine.inf package that couldn't be installed <_>

In the end, I managed to install everything except the infrared. I don't use IR so I didn't even try.. had to upgrade from the stock BIOS v12 to v24 using the Vista bios updated (its not actually OS specific).

Furthermore, to achieve sound.. the sound driver + HDA modem driver gets 'disabled' every time at boot due to a .sys file conflict. The only way to get around this is to use a program called 'devcon' to restart the Microsoft UAA Audio Bus thingy everytime you restart the system. Apparently this is because some of the other drivers have a conflict with the audio driver.. and it's not going to be fixed because this laptop range (CQ40 and CQ45) was designed for Vista only.

I'm fine now, even made a ghost of the partition just incase I need to reformat in the future without all the hassle. Good luck posting those other drivers smile.gif

Attached is my dev manager list for my CQ45-146TX running XP, everything is working except IR and thanks to this driver, I'm down 7 unknown devices smile.gif
Try the method here

http://saysprasad.wordpress.com/2008/12/08...for-windows-xp/

thumbup.gif not sure if it will work or not.
rizvanrp
post Feb 19 2009, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Elite
195 posts

QUOTE(chicaman @ Feb 19 2009, 04:08 AM)
Try the method here

http://saysprasad.wordpress.com/2008/12/08...for-windows-xp/

thumbup.gif  not sure if it will work or not.
Thanks for that but my laptops running fine. Take note that he's also using the 'devcon' method to restart the UAA driver at boot everytime sad.gif
durfzstonez
post May 21 2009, 09:34 PM

Casual
340 posts

hello there, is there and webcam driver? coz i already installed youcam. but also no video device detected. Im using vista.

This post has been edited by durfzstonez: May 21 2009, 09:37 PM
xflixz
post Sep 30 2009, 07:36 PM

13 posts

driver link dead..Thanks..

Added on October 1, 2009, 8:49 amTo all owner compaq CQ40-133ax (AMD Processor) CQ40-133tu (Intel Processor) having trouble to install windows xp driver,here is the working link : http://gatewaytechnologies.blogspot.com/20...ers-for-xp.html

thanks.. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by xflixz: Oct 1 2009, 08:49 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.72    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:52 PM