Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Wanna ask about international transferration, Fraud, Scam or Real?

views

TSlucas_podolski
post Feb 11 2009, 03:13 PM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
282 posts

Hey guys,

I got issue here. I wanna sell my PDA to someone that staying in China. Then he transfered to me $1000 into my maybank Account. The issue is he use Royal Bank Of Canadan to make the transferration. I doubt the bank is not an established bank. So, here is the statement sent to me by the bank customer service.

Dear  Mr X,

The  TRANSFER ORDER  placed by our Customer {Mr Robert Wood) which is the sum of {$1,000} transferred to you as a payment for {Dopod D810} has been successfully processed and has consequently been APPROVED.

Further the Money will be TRANSFER to the name and account details below,  Please verify that the Name and Account (As entered by the buyer) are correct:

Bank Name:Maybank
BANK ADDRESS:Malaysia
Account Number:************
Name:X
Item Name:Dopod D810
Total Cost:$1000
Email:******@yahoo.com

If there is an error in the Name or Account details, Please send the mail to our customer service royalbanktransfercan@mail2consultant.com

Your Money will NOT be TRANSFER to your ACCOUNT DETAILS until shipment has been verified. This measure is taken in order to protect both PAYEE and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities. You can have the shipment confirmed/verified by contacting Royal Bank Of Canada(UK) Online Payment stating the Transaction Number and the TRACKING NUMBER of the shipment in your mail .

*PLEASE NOTE*
Due to the fact that Royal Bank Of Canada  processes thousands of TRANSFERS daily,We RECOMMEND contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of  the Transfer

You can go ahead right now to Ship Out the Item to your Buyer and send the Royal Bank Of Canada R  the Tracking Number of the Shipment or a Scan Copy of Shipment Receipt in Order to Activate your Bank account within the next 24hours time you will receive your Money when you have send us the Tracking Information or a Copy of the Shipment Receipt for Verification.
We kindly sorry for any inconvenience delay,we will need to verify your Bank account very well and see that there will be no any (Mistake) case.

Also you can contact the Royal Bank Of Canada  direct with this e-mail address for further inquiry at royalbanktransfercan@mail2consultant.com

Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a "FINAL CONFIRMATION"email from Royal Bank Of Canada informing you that the TRANSFER has been dispatched into your bank details.

We are continuously working to identify ways to serve you better.

Regards ,
Mr. Scott Smith.                                      
        (Manager)
Royal Bank Of  Canada :A
Any advice? Is it the real or only a scam? coz the email address stated seems like the scam email address, not an established email address. Need fast respond here.

This post has been edited by lucas_podolski: Feb 11 2009, 06:12 PM
GHz
post Feb 11 2009, 03:19 PM

Regular
1,139 posts

I think it is a scam. Bank never use free email.
TSlucas_podolski
post Feb 11 2009, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

I think so.. but the buyer seems like a serious buyer.. hmm..
princezs
post Feb 11 2009, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

manager very free to send this email meh
heh
SUSjasonhanjk
post Feb 11 2009, 03:30 PM

Regular
1,068 posts

In my opinion, call off the deal.
jong52yuara
post Feb 11 2009, 03:31 PM

Forex is the best business you can do.
1,704 posts

can u check where the money come from in your maybank2u? if the name match as the customer's name should be ok.
howszat
post Feb 11 2009, 03:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,925 posts

SCAM. Banks don't involve themselves with this kind of nonsense.

As far as you are concerned, you send the goods after money has appeared in your bank account. No money, no goods.
cherroy
post Feb 11 2009, 03:40 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

Bank generally won't care what your money transfer for. They won't interest what is the item you and the buyer is dealing.

Royal Bank of Canadan uses this kind of email?
royalbanktransfercan@mail2consultant.com

alanyuppie
post Feb 11 2009, 03:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,791 posts

I LOLed at this one:

You can go ahead right now to Ship Out the Item to your Buyer and send the Royal Bank Of Canada R  the Tracking Number of the Shipment or a Scan Copy of Shipment Receipt in Order to Activate your Bank account within the next 24hours time you will receive your Money when you have send us the Tracking Information or a Copy of the Shipment Receipt for Verification.
We kindly sorry for any inconvenience delay,we will need to verify your Bank account very well and see that there will be no any (Mistake) case.
An email "confirmation" of $$$ transferation shouldn't be this long. the email is very long-winded , bla bla bla..., even till the extent of "coercing" TS to send the item and assure him it will be OK.

jong52yuara
post Feb 11 2009, 03:52 PM

Forex is the best business you can do.
1,704 posts

email him back saying sorry because you trying to scam his money but actually no goods. tell him you both are scammer and looks like just a coincident both scammer meet at this time. you tell him proceed scamming next china look-alike customer.. hahaha lol
prody
post Feb 11 2009, 04:26 PM

Dance while the record spins
1,548 posts

Scam, Canadian people should know english.
abubin
post Feb 11 2009, 04:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

higher chance of scam than lowyat forum's uptime, 99.999%.
T_flash
post Feb 11 2009, 04:50 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

so obvious....dont' even think about shipping your stuff out for this one. Is the price also over valued than what your stuff really is worth??

This post has been edited by T_flash: Feb 11 2009, 04:52 PM
TSlucas_podolski
post Feb 11 2009, 06:11 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

Ok Thanx all.. just to confirm.. biggrin.gif
s0ts0tdandelii0n
post Feb 11 2009, 07:48 PM

Safe Trader
864 posts

l0l how the bank noes u wan to ship item to him?
Koo_Hei
post Feb 11 2009, 10:12 PM

Casual
373 posts

If I were you, there is 2 things I want to clarify. First, it is possible for the buyer to transfer money using other transaction service?If he says no, he's the mastermind behind all this scam. Secondly, check with Maybank if they received any notice/e-forms from the Royal Bank of Canada?
cuebiz
post Feb 11 2009, 10:56 PM

Enthusiast
992 posts

Definitely scam. In general, ship out item only when money is received in bank account.
hoilok
post Feb 11 2009, 11:01 PM

Regular
1,162 posts

check with the bank first b4 transfer anything ,
today got another forumer posted the same thing
seem like a new scam coming up in town
mtsen
post Feb 13 2009, 10:02 AM

Regular
1,473 posts

wait till the money is 'actually' at your hand before sending out the item, else hold on until you are sure its a scam.
dies8000
post Mar 26 2009, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

i got the same problem here..same modus operandi..worst more the buyer who try scam me is malaysian (probably scam ID too)..

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:02 PM