Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tips for PMR exam.

views

TShfz
post Feb 7 2009, 10:51 PM, updated 15y ago

Krabby Patty!
527 posts

Hi LYNers biggrin.gif

Just wanna simplified it, here's my story.....

I gonna take my PMR this year, the subject taken is 50/50 like of it. [BM, ENG, SCIENCE, HISTORY, GEO, MATH, and forgotten the last subj] Hope somebody can remind me back.....

Actually, although I'm a malay people, but actually I quite weak in BM but more good in ENG. Quite weird, huh hmm.gif BTW, to tell the truth, I hate to read those thick books and boring subjects [HISTORY and GEO] and make me crazy subj [MATH]. So, just wanna ask you if you guys have any tips for me to escape my prob or make it simpler or maybe teach me a little bit because this coming 16/02, I gonna have my first test and maybe beginning March, gonna have my extra classes.
So, hope can give me some ideas, tips and thinkers.

Thanks and support you guys notworthy.gif
luckykid
post Feb 8 2009, 09:09 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

No need to read thick books, just read notes la.
ViLenG
post Feb 8 2009, 09:19 AM

custom vi leng
1,461 posts

QUOTE(hfz @ Feb 7 2009, 10:51 PM)
Hi LYNers  biggrin.gif

I gonna take my PMR this year, the subject taken is 50/50 like of it. [BM, ENG, SCIENCE, HISTORY, GEO, MATH, and forgotten the last subj] Hope somebody can remind me back.....

Actually, although I'm a malay people, but actually I quite weak in BM but more good in ENG. Quite weird, huh  hmm.gif  BTW, to tell the truth, I hate to read those thick books and boring subjects [HISTORY and GEO] and make me crazy subj [MATH]. So, just wanna ask you if you guys have any tips for me to escape my prob or make it simpler or maybe teach me a little bit because this coming 16/02, I gonna have my first test and maybe beginning March, gonna have my extra classes.

Thanks and support you guys  notworthy.gif
This post has been edited by ViLenG: Feb 8 2009, 09:20 AM
TShfz
post Feb 8 2009, 10:55 AM

Krabby Patty!
527 posts

QUOTE(luckykid @ Feb 8 2009, 09:09 AM)
No need to read thick books, just read notes la.
Thanks dude, but some of I love to read it because easy to memorize, while half of it I don't like it because need to remember 'remeh-temeh' things.
TShfz
post Feb 8 2009, 10:56 AM

Krabby Patty!
527 posts

Vileng, what's your meaning actually by quote my post than didn't say anything?
Confuse lorgh rclxub.gif
khaishin
post Feb 8 2009, 11:08 AM

happyQ
613 posts

PMR..
easy job.
don't need any tips, study smart.
omniknight86
post Feb 8 2009, 11:37 AM

LYN 6 Star Forum Member
1,647 posts

QUOTE(hfz @ Feb 7 2009, 10:51 PM)
Hi LYNers  biggrin.gif

Actually, although I'm a malay people, but actually I quite weak in BM but more good in ENG. Quite weird, huh  hmm.gif  BTW, to tell the truth, I hate to read those thick books and boring subjects [HISTORY and GEO] and make me crazy subj [MATH]. So, just wanna ask you if you guys have any tips for me to escape my prob or make it simpler or maybe teach me a little bit because this coming 16/02, I gonna have my first test and maybe beginning March, gonna have my extra classes.

Thanks and support you guys  notworthy.gif
PMR quite easy to go through....but however do watch out for your Malay because if you failed Malay in SPM then thats it... shocking.gif
zariqcools
post Feb 8 2009, 01:23 PM

Kerr
711 posts

u doesn't seem to have a good command of English.
Leto Kynes
post Feb 8 2009, 01:23 PM

Enthusiast
823 posts

QUOTE(hfz @ Feb 8 2009, 10:55 AM)
Thanks dude, but some of I love to read it because easy to memorize, while half of it I don't like it because need to remember 'remeh-temeh' things.
For the ones that are easy to memorise then good smile.gif

The 'remeh-temeh' things can be harder to remember.. so make your own notes in point-form/mind-map for personal use. Writing it down can already help with memorisation biggrin.gif Plus, you can use it for revision later on nod.gif

For Maths just make sure you understand concepts and do LOTS of exercises especially if you're weak in the subject.
SUSscytherizer
post Feb 8 2009, 01:38 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

you got no option other than going through those thick books if you wanna success. like history and geo, you just have to go through them if you don want to miss anything

objective questions are easier. you got to choose the most possible answer even by using your general knowledge and probability are there for you to score

you will feel nothing about it when it comes to form4 where objective and subjective questions come together
visionary1993
post Feb 8 2009, 04:22 PM

Casual
360 posts

I just took pmr last year. And i really regretted last minute study because i think it was like a month before i realise i am taking PMR. The other months i was loitering and always sleeping in class. But to tell you the truth. PMR is very easy compared to your intervensi/intervention or even your normal test in school. You just need to know the facts.

For Geography just do alot alot and alot of questions. You just need to compare the answers abit by reading the reference books. I didnt even touch my geo textbooks because its just simply a wall of text. Because seriously some of the questions that you do will be similar to what comes out in the actual exam. Had the best teacher out of all 8 for this one and she really help me get an A here.

Im glad you begin to realise from the beginning to study early. For Sejarah just remember the facts and names of the people during what i say Malaysia's Before Merdeka Era. Because in PMR last year. They just circled out a island below the Peninsular of Malaysia and give us 4 choices to what the island is. Its pretty straight forward and provided you give your best.

Cant really tell you anything about BM except that you have to be lucky with the examiner thats it.
BI is easy.
KH is dam easy if you do your project exceptionally well.
Maths needs practice.(Although if you do just a little practice is enough for your PMR)
Science needs a good command in understanding what question wants.
Islam needs you to remember the things that are thought. Good jawi and a little arab will help you which didnt help me one bit because i phail in jawi.

Overrall. Once PMR is over. Dont look back at your results because SPM is one hell of a different thing than what you have experience.

This post has been edited by visionary1993: Feb 8 2009, 04:23 PM
shaniaaB
post Feb 8 2009, 04:59 PM

45 posts

heyyyy

bm --- its actually quite easy. for obj, make sure you do a lot of trial papers from other states especially terengganu, kedah and kelantan, as they have the highest command of malay. therefore, their papers are naturally harder. if you get more than 30marks for obj in your exams, your safe.

for paper 2, try to do fakta for bahagian c, dont do story telling unless your superb at it.

BI ---- dont even have to try. its the easiest subject and the only one you dont have to look at. however, make sure you know the formats for different essays.

MATH----- just practice. everyday, tell yourself youll do at least 40 mins of math.

SCIENCE----- you have to understand! if you dont, you probably wont be able to answer much. get tuition if you must.

SEJARAH---- pls dont waste time reading your textbooks, their toooo loaded with info. buy the mini nota ringkas that is effective and simple. sejarah is actually quite an easy subject to score. just remember the faktor and kesan for every incident

GEOGRAFI---- maps, maps, maps!! make your own on sitings of petroleum, gas asli, kuprum and all. its also mostly just common sense, so just think (:

all in all, dont worry. dont waste your time studying from now. give yourself from june

i studied 9 days before the exam and managed to score.

this year will be your last FUN year, cause form 4 just aint that fun!

-2008 pmr candidate (:
khaishin
post Feb 8 2009, 04:59 PM

happyQ
613 posts

QUOTE(zariqcools @ Feb 8 2009, 01:23 PM)
u doesn't seem to have a good command of English.
You words could hurt him/her. blush.gif
gzavincent
post Feb 8 2009, 06:09 PM

Regular
1,424 posts

PMR is pretty easy...Every subject can last min study(1 week b4 PMR)..
Sejarah mayb u should pay more attention...Math, do all exercise..
epos127
post Feb 8 2009, 06:14 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

For SEJ, I just bought the exercise book(MODEL EXAM) and read through the night before and I got an A. Pretty unbelievable, I'm lucky thoughhh. lol

But it's not a good wayy la. Since you still have so much time, read the notes better. lol
linuxskate
post Feb 9 2009, 12:36 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

i scored 8As last time. u will know how easy is pmr after entering upper form.

just need solid studies from now on. for sejarah i think there are some short notes out there. u can depend on that. just remember they keys and u can elaborate them urself.

same as geografi. just answer lotsa exercises. the pattern will just be the same.

bm u need to get urself updated with most recent issues. pay extra attention to literature. same as english.

nah just do exercises.

good result can offer u place in a good boarding school, resulting in good spm result later =)
TShfz
post Feb 14 2009, 06:37 AM

Krabby Patty!
527 posts

QUOTE(omniknight86 @ Feb 8 2009, 11:37 AM)
PMR quite easy to go through....but however do watch out for your Malay because if you failed Malay in SPM then thats it... shocking.gif
know that......
ministry also make new sys for PMR, phailed BM, no PMR cert, only the slip....

Added on February 14, 2009, 6:38 am
QUOTE(Leto Kynes @ Feb 8 2009, 01:23 PM)
For the ones that are easy to memorise then good smile.gif

The 'remeh-temeh' things can be harder to remember.. so make your own notes in point-form/mind-map for personal use. Writing it down can already help with memorisation biggrin.gif Plus, you can use it for revision later on  nod.gif

For Maths just make sure you understand concepts and do LOTS of exercises especially if you're weak in the subject.
thanks and respect u dude.......
btw, monday will be my 1st test, will tell the result soon.....

This post has been edited by hfz: Sep 17 2009, 07:50 PM
TShfz
post Feb 14 2009, 06:39 AM

Krabby Patty!
527 posts

QUOTE(visionary1993 @ Feb 8 2009, 04:22 PM)
I just took pmr last year. And i really regretted last minute study because i think it was like a month before i realise i am taking PMR. The other months i was loitering and always sleeping in class. But to tell you the truth. PMR is very easy compared to your intervensi/intervention or even your normal test in school. You just need to know the facts.

For Geography just do alot alot and alot of questions. You just need to compare the answers abit by reading the reference books. I didnt even touch my geo textbooks because its just simply a wall of text. Because seriously some of the questions that you do will be similar to what comes out in the actual exam. Had the best teacher out of all 8 for this one and she really help me get an A here.

Im glad you begin to realise from the beginning to study early. For Sejarah just remember the facts and names of the people during what i say Malaysia's Before Merdeka Era. Because in PMR last year. They just circled out a island below the Peninsular of Malaysia and give us 4 choices to what the island is. Its pretty straight forward and provided you give your best.

Cant really tell you anything about BM except that you have to be lucky with the examiner thats it.
BI is easy.
KH is dam easy if you do your project exceptionally well.
Maths needs practice.(Although if you do just a little practice is enough for your PMR)
Science needs a good command in understanding what question wants.
Islam needs you to remember the things that are thought. Good jawi and a little arab will help you which didnt help me one bit because i phail in jawi.

Overrall. Once PMR is over. Dont look back at your results because SPM is one hell of a different thing than what you have experience.
thanks dude !!
btw, already know SPM is just like a hell......
but, what to do, can't run away.....
TShfz
post Feb 14 2009, 06:41 AM

Krabby Patty!
527 posts

QUOTE(shaniaaB @ Feb 8 2009, 04:59 PM)
heyyyy

bm --- its actually quite easy. for obj, make sure you do a lot of trial papers from other states especially terengganu, kedah and kelantan, as they have the highest command of malay. therefore, their papers are naturally harder. if you get more than 30marks for obj in your exams, your safe.

for paper 2, try to do fakta for bahagian c, dont do story telling unless your superb at it.

BI ---- dont even have to try. its the easiest subject and the only one you dont have to look at. however, make sure you know the formats for different essays.

MATH----- just practice. everyday, tell yourself youll do at least 40 mins of math.

SCIENCE----- you have to understand! if you dont, you probably wont be able to answer much. get tuition if you must.

SEJARAH---- pls dont waste time reading your textbooks, their toooo loaded with info. buy the mini nota ringkas that is effective and simple. sejarah is actually quite an easy subject to score. just remember the faktor and kesan for every incident

GEOGRAFI---- maps, maps, maps!! make your own on sitings of petroleum, gas asli, kuprum and all. its also mostly just common sense, so just think (:

all in all, dont worry. dont waste your time studying from now. give yourself from june

i studied 9 days before the exam and managed to score.

this year will be your last FUN year, cause form 4 just aint that fun!

-2008 pmr candidate (:
thank you so much !!
btw, just wanna know, is there any ebooks i can read thumbup.gif
again, thanks for the advice notworthy.gif
TShfz
post Feb 14 2009, 06:42 AM

Krabby Patty!
527 posts

QUOTE(khaishin @ Feb 8 2009, 04:59 PM)
You words could hurt him/her.  blush.gif
thanks dude bcos you concern about my feelings notworthy.gif

17 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top