Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[Tutorial]How to make Flickr a better experience?, You'll need Firefox,Greasemonkey scripts

views

TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 16 2009, 05:58 AM, updated 15y ago

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

How to make flickr a better experience?

I am sure a lot of us use flickr to host our photos online. So, this thread is to share how Flickr can be a better experience for everyone. These scripts allow for customization of your flickr with essential tools which I believe that most of us commonly use. Installing some of the scripts has helped me do specific tasks in a shorter time.

You will need the following:

~Firefox web browser (version 2/3)
~Greasemonkey Firefox Addon
~Greasemonkey Flickr userscripts.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION

I'd assume you'd know how to install firefox.

To install the greasemonkey addon. Click on this

Once that had been installed and firefox restarted, follow the next step.

To install the flickr scripts below. Just click on INSTALL NOW which is located beneath each script description.

A window like this will pop up
user posted image

Click INSTALL

and voila! You're done!

Start experiencing flickr like never before!

Below are my list of favorite scripts that make flickr better.

1.)Flickr Photo Page Enhancer
user posted image

Script Summary:
Adds links to different sizes directly to a Flickr photo page, generates html code to easily copy'n paste thumbnail & description, and automatically loads your 20 most used tags when you click "Add Tag."

INSTALL NOW
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2.)Flickr Multi Group Sender
user posted image

Script Summary:
It overrides the flickr "Send to Group" button above your photo/video and lets you send your Flickr image or video to multiple groups simultaneously

INSTALL NOW
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3.)Flickr AllSizes+
user posted image

Script Summary:
Quickly access all sizes for a Flickr photo. Copy the photo's HTML (or BB Code), download the image sizes, and more. The script has customisable settings and auto-updates itself.

INSTALL NOW

4.)Google Maps in Flickr
user posted image

Script Summary:
Display Google Maps in flickr. Great for people who geotag their photo. Click on the "Gmap" button above your photo to activate.

INSTALL NOW

5.)Flickr Auto Page
user posted image

user posted image

Script Summary:
Infinite Scrolling for Flickr: this greasemonkey script removes the need to go from pages to pages in Flickr by automatically expanding the display when you scroll. It works on discussion boards, photostream and etc. As long there are multiple pages in the Flickr page, it will load itself once you scroll down.

INSTALL NOW

Disclaimer:

I am not taking any credit for the scripts created. I am merely sharing them. The creators solely own the copyrights. Some photos are linked to the owner's link. This tutorial is also subject to updates and edits. If there are any errors, please report them to me. Thank you.

Some scripts might interfere with one another. So, it's a mix and match of the scripts that you want to use. They usually interfere with one another if the scripts provides the same function or uses a specific part of the flickr page. If you face a non working script. Disable all the scripts and enable them one by one to test.

This post has been edited by calvin_gsc: Jan 16 2009, 08:25 AM
TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 16 2009, 06:02 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

6.)Flickr EXIF Decorator
user posted image

Script Summary:
Don't you find it troublesome that sometimes you have to go to the "more properties" page to find the exif info of a photo on flickr? Now you can just hover over a photo on Flickr to get an unobtrusive translucent overlay in the top left corner showing meta data including camera model, aperture and shutter speed.

INSTALL NOW

7.)FlickrCommentTools
user posted image

Script Summary:
HTML editor and quick insert of your own images into comments

INSTALL NOW

8.)Flickr Contacts Organizer
user posted image

Script Summary:
Lets you add tags to any flickr user, you can then view the tagged users via a whole range of different filters, including view by tag, view tagged users photos,favourites,testimonials,most interesting photos, photos of that user etc, etc

INSTALL NOW

9.)Flickr Groups Organizer
user posted image

Script Summary:
Lets you tag/categorise/sort your groups to help you find them again more easily and also lets you quit groups more easily

INSTALL NOW

10.)Flickr Exif Info
user posted image

Script Summary:
Select which exif info you want to see on the photo page. To activate, go to "more properties" put a checkmark on the information you would like to see on the main page when you view your photo.

INSTALL NOW

Disclaimer:

I am not taking any credit for the scripts created. I am merely sharing them. The creators solely own the copyrights. Some photos are linked to the owner's link. This tutorial is also subject to updates and edits. If there are any errors, please report them to me. Thank you.

Some scripts might interfere with one another. So, it's a mix and match of the scripts that you want to use. They usually interfere with one another if the scripts provides the same function or uses a specific part of the flickr page. If you face a non working script. Disable all the scripts and enable them one by one to test.

This post has been edited by calvin_gsc: Jan 16 2009, 08:03 AM
TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 16 2009, 06:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

11.)flickrPM
user posted image

user posted image

Script Summary:
Adds icons for Mail, Profile, Favourites, Scout, Interestingness, DNA, Leech and the user's photo archive next to usernames in forums and on individual photo pages. It also allows you to send Flickr Mails without leaving the current page you are on.

INSTALL NOW

12.)Configurable Flickr Homepage
user posted image

Script Summary:
Lets you tag/categorise/sort your groups to help you find them again more easily and also lets you quit groups more easily.
Detailed functions and usage: here

INSTALL NOW

13.)Flickr Gallery Plus!
user posted image

Script Summary:
Flickr Gallery Plus! is a Greasemonkey userscript for Flickr photo set pages which offers you the ability to:

* View one large picture with the other thumbnails in the set next to it.
* Click-selection of whichever picture you want to see larger.
* Keyboard navigation with left and right arrow keys to go back and forth amongst pictures.
* View a slideshow of all pictures in the set.

INSTALL NOW

14.)Flickr Buddy Icon Reply v3.5
user posted image

user posted image

Script Summary:
Lets you reply a comment by quoting the user's name/icon/name+icon

INSTALL NOW

Disclaimer:

This post has been edited by calvin_gsc: Feb 26 2009, 10:46 PM
TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 16 2009, 06:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

~Reserved for more info~
tytons
post Jan 16 2009, 06:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,823 posts

does these greasemoney actually take up alot of ram or slow firefox?i notice installing plugin limit me from having tons of tabs..

This post has been edited by tytons: Jan 16 2009, 06:50 AM
TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 16 2009, 07:38 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

QUOTE(tytons @ Jan 16 2009, 06:48 AM)
does these greasemoney actually take up alot of ram or slow firefox?i notice installing plugin limit me from having tons of tabs..
Don't worry. This doesn't take any significant amount of resource from your computer.

This is because they are just codes that run parallel to the website's html source. The scripts are not an independent addons for firefox.
achew
post Jan 16 2009, 03:35 PM

Photolithography Engineer
3,807 posts

oh man...this is great tips for better utilizing flickr...thanks alot for the info bro.. =)
NasiLemakMan
post Jan 16 2009, 04:44 PM

oh hai! wan naslemak?
962 posts

thanks calvin. awesome tips. This what made FF so great lol.
TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 16 2009, 09:14 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

No problem guys. Hope they do improve your flickr experience.
tytons
post Jan 16 2009, 09:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,823 posts

ianho need this page smile.gif now he cannot say flickr is messy tongue.gif
TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 16 2009, 09:44 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

QUOTE(tytons @ Jan 16 2009, 09:21 PM)
So, tytons, have you tried the scripts?
TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 17 2009, 09:51 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

QUOTE(tytons @ Jan 16 2009, 09:21 PM)
He complains about flickr and doesn't use it? laugh.gif
smashpOp
post Jan 19 2009, 08:57 AM

smashing pOpstar
2,116 posts

great tutorial! will install it asap.
raymannlucas
post Jan 19 2009, 03:35 PM

One Life, One Chance, One Try, No Retry
2,080 posts

nice one! thanks for the script! makes life more easier now...haha
TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 20 2009, 12:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

QUOTE(raymannlucas @ Jan 19 2009, 03:35 PM)
nice one! thanks for the script! makes life more easier now...haha
Which ones do you use now? Glad they do help. biggrin.gif
TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 22 2009, 03:07 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

Added

14.)Flickr Buddy Icon Reply v3.3

TScalvin_gsc
post Jan 30 2009, 12:46 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

Hey guys, do report if any of the scripts interfere with each other.

tytons
post Feb 25 2009, 06:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,823 posts

ive just tested this last nite...its good so far....tho my pc is abit screwed up with the resources management its not lagging or slowing down my firefox at all..so yea calvin ur rite

can u pls update this to 3.5? the older version wont work with the latest firefox 3.0.6

also can mods pls sticky this thread..this is indeed good stuff

This post has been edited by tytons: Feb 25 2009, 06:37 PM
TScalvin_gsc
post Feb 26 2009, 10:48 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

QUOTE(tytons @ Feb 25 2009, 06:37 PM)
ive just tested this last nite...its good so far....tho my pc is abit screwed up with the resources management its not lagging or slowing down my firefox at all..so yea calvin ur rite

can u pls update this to 3.5? the older version wont work with the latest firefox 3.0.6

also can mods pls sticky this thread..this is indeed good stuff
Hey, thanks for pointing that out. I have updated the link.

Glad you enjoy scripts with firefox.
leoboa6
post Feb 26 2009, 11:34 PM

Casual
334 posts

Thanks alot.. Always assume flickr sucks.. =x

Still new to it..

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0185sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:47 PM