3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

More Milk reduces our body calcium?

views

TSJaroque
post Dec 5 2008, 12:21 PM, updated 16y ago

Enthusiast
995 posts

Why drinking milk leak calcium out of your body?

Because I want you to do the investigation yourself (using Google is enough), I will just explain it in a few short sentences. If that drive your curiosity, investigate on it and see if you will still let your mum drink milk.

Yes, milk contains calcium. But milk is also liquid protein that is called acid lactic. So milk is actually acidic! (gastric patients are asked to drink milk, which is also very foolish, I will explain in another post). When you drink too much milk, your body become acidic. But our body cannot tolerate acidic and cannot function well (and will even die) if it gets too acidic. But our body is a very intelligent machine that it will try to correct everything by its own. So when your body becomes too acidic, it starts to drain calcium (alkali) from your bone and teeth to neutralize your blood! Your body has choose to respond to the crisis by ‘borrowing’ calcium from your bone and teeth!

Skeptical? Investigate yourself.

THE MILK LETTER : A MESSAGE TO MY PATIENTS

It seems that the countries with the highest intake of dairy products are invariably the countries with the most osteoporosis.

For the key to the osteoporosis riddle, don’t look at calcium, look at protein. Consider these two contrasting groups. Eskimos have an exceptionally high protein intake estimated at 25 percent of total calories. They also have a high calcium intake at 2,500 mg/day. Their osteoporosis is among the worst in the world. The other instructive group are the Bantus of South Africa. They have a 12 percent protein diet, mostly p lant protein, and only 200 to 350 mg/day of calcium, about half our women’s intake. The women have virtually no osteoporosis despite bearing six or more children and nursing them for prolonged periods! When African women immigrate to the United States, do they develop osteoporosis? The answer is yes, but not quite are much as Caucasian or Asian women. Thus, there is a genetic difference that is modified by diet.

To answer the obvious question, “Well, where do you get your calcium?” The answer is: “From exactly the same place the cow gets the calcium, from green things that grow in the ground,” mainly from leafy vegetables. After all, elephants and rhinos develop their huge bones (after being weaned) by eating green leafy plants, so do horses. Carnivorous animals also do quite nicely without leafy plants. It seems that all of earth’s mammals do well if they live in harmony with their genetic programming and natural food. Only humans living an affluent life style have rampant osteoporosis..

SOURCE = http://www.ahyap.com/blog/milk.php

how true is this....profesionals here..please rectify
ifeel100
post Dec 5 2008, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Gd points~ Thanks 4 sharing!
I heard it b4 tt gastric cn't drink milk...
Taking more milk doesn't mean / help getting more calsium...

Ngto
post Dec 5 2008, 12:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,268 posts

The key word here is when you drink TOO much milk . Just don't drink too much until your body becomes too acidic.
TSJaroque
post Dec 5 2008, 12:40 PM

Enthusiast
995 posts

QUOTE(ifeel100 @ Dec 5 2008, 12:34 PM)
Gd points~ Thanks 4 sharing!
I heard it b4 tt gastric cn't drink milk...
Taking more milk doesn't mean / help getting more calsium...
gastric is drink Magnesium milk la...not the normal milk...a lot people misunderstood this fact haha
wodenus
post Dec 5 2008, 12:43 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

Calcium is not a chemical, it's a mineral. A mineral can't have a pH value can it ? smile.gif do you want to know something else? drink too much water and you die. Seriously. So don't drink water smile.gif

This post has been edited by wodenus: Dec 5 2008, 12:44 PM
TSJaroque
post Dec 5 2008, 01:05 PM

Enthusiast
995 posts

we're talking about Milk la bro, not calcium tongue.gif
klifex
post Dec 5 2008, 01:28 PM

Enthusiast
847 posts

about the milk itself related with lactic acid, not really agree with it as it's not the main cause for not Having Milk for Gastric pain. it's because of the stimuli production of gastric juice in stomach which aggravate the condition.
about the fact of calcium absorption and resorption, it's a bit complex to be explain just using Milk as an example.
although Acidic enviroment is one small factor alter the absorption, but overall, it doesn't cause bone demineralization because there's always a balance between input and output.
Some hormon, such as parathyroid, estrogen, testosteron...
vit D, calcitonin are involved..
to maintain the balance.

that's why, i disagree with the statement that milk cause bone demineralization...

Added on December 5, 2008, 1:46 pmabout the fact of Eskimos has the worse osteoporosis in the world..
partly because of genetic predisposal, another strong theory is because their exposure to sunlight is so little , in which affects the vitamin D formation for bone mineralization.

This post has been edited by klifex: Dec 5 2008, 01:46 PM
celion
post Dec 5 2008, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

LOL no need to worry about this
coz i so poor to buy more milk
wodenus
post Dec 5 2008, 01:59 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(Jaroque @ Dec 5 2008, 01:05 PM)
we're talking about Milk la bro, not calcium  tongue.gif
So when your body becomes too acidic, it starts to drain calcium (alkali) from your bone and teeth

ezralimm
post Dec 5 2008, 02:32 PM

LGBTQQIP2SAA+
2,712 posts

Ultimately, yes. The only way to ensure bone mass is strength/resistance exercises - jogging, weight training etc. swimming doesnt count.

Most modern diets have sufficient calcium - from cheese and fish and milk and eggs. But all the calcium in the body is no use if the bone, a living tissue, is not encouraged to use the calcium --> by stressing it during exercise.
mofonyx
post Dec 5 2008, 05:16 PM

Squatting is the solution to life's problems
2,394 posts

So I wonder how I am not porous drinking 1litre of milk/day.

I'm sure there are monsters here than drink more. smile.gif
Beachkid
post Dec 5 2008, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Dec 5 2008, 01:43 PM)
Calcium is not a chemical, it's a mineral. A mineral can't have a pH value can it ? smile.gif do you want to know something else? drink too much water and you die. Seriously. So don't drink water smile.gif
to his imbecile, did you even graduate from high school? Calcium IS a chemical. you would probably know it be the chemical element known as CA. Atomic number 20, is the fifth element and the third most abundant metal in the earth’s crust.

and your sarcasm is just plain pathetic, know what? your sarcasm just turned around and hit YOU right in the face. you CAN die from drinking too much water too quickly, it's called water intoxication,look it up son.

now that i'm done teaching basic chemistry,

think what kind of animal produces milk for a young of another mammal group?
NONE,cows are forced to unwillingly produce milk for humans to drink while their young are KILLED for your THANKSGIVING DINNER!

now then,think what kind of animal drinks a mother's milk, after he has had a good immune system growing up and has now turned into a full grown adult?

NONE, only us humans who feed on a mother's cow milk which are actually supposed to be for HER young not US. dogs don't drink from goat's milk, rabbit's don't drink from human's milk, lion's don't drink from cow's milk..only us sick humans are the ones that drink from another animal's milk AFTER we have grown up.
lcsum
post Dec 5 2008, 06:24 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Dec 5 2008, 12:43 PM)
what wodenus say is correct smile.gif
calcium is a mineral but when it is in solution/liquid form its called chemical
if we look into the periodic table it's in the alkaline group
beachkid you dont really understand the hidden message about the water........

QUOTE(Beachkid @ Dec 5 2008, 05:38 PM)
to his imbecile, did you even graduate from high school? Calcium IS a chemical. you would probably know it be the chemical element known as CA. Atomic number 20, is the fifth element and the third most abundant metal in the earth’s crust.

and your sarcasm is just plain pathetic, know what? your sarcasm just turned around and hit YOU right in the face. you CAN die from drinking too much water too quickly, it's called water intoxication,look it up son.

now that i'm done teaching basic chemistry,

think what kind of animal produces milk for a young of another mammal group?
NONE,cows are forced to unwillingly produce milk for humans to drink while their young are KILLED for your THANKSGIVING DINNER!

now then,think what kind of animal drinks a mother's milk, after he has had a good immune system growing up and has now turned into a full grown adult?

NONE, only us humans who feed on a mother's cow milk which are actually supposed to be for HER young not US. dogs don't drink from goat's milk, rabbit's don't drink from human's milk, lion's don't drink from cow's milk..only us sick humans are the ones that drink from another animal's milk AFTER we have grown up.
dont you think your message is a bit rude
if you take information from wikipedia please copy and paste correctly and kindly mention the source
its Ca and not CA
you must be an animal lover or a vegeterian.... smile.gif

This post has been edited by lcsum: Dec 5 2008, 06:28 PM
sandboxz
post Dec 5 2008, 07:43 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

some1 has brought this topic for discussion. thumbup.gif
There are several issues here

1) - Milk causing "lost of calcium" because milk is acidic-

we must know that:
a) - commercial milk are between pH 6.5-6.9[mild acidic range] ( Normal = 7.0)
- our stomach's pH is at 2.0 [super duper acidic]
- part of our intestine will alkalize our food by bile and pancreatic juice.

b) - calcium is in our- blood & bones .

our body USE calcium (in the blood) EVERYDAY( for your heart to contract, your muscles to contract, etc...).
Blood Calcium is IMPORTANT FOR LIFE -
More important than your bones..
Too much or too little is equally bad.
Calcium is continuously drawn and deposited in the bones (normal human process)
But, when blood calcium is really low, body will draw more from the bones ( its like taking more $$ from the bank when you are broke!)
If there is additional calcium, it'll be deposited your bones. Others which are not stored, are excreted into the urine.

consider fact a)
AND, that
Milk has high concentration of calcium.
logic ~ Calcium will flow into the blood which contains less calcium compared to the milk. and NOT THE OTHER WAY!!! doh.gif

So.. this acidic theory causing drainage of calcium is UNTRUE.

2) - Milk "should not be given to gastric patients" -

In 4 hours,
when milk is just ingested,
milk's pH which is higher than the stomach's pH,
milk will decrease the stomach's acidity - hence, relieving gastric pain temporarily.

If you drink too much,
and it's more than 4 hours ( normal gastric emptying time ~ 2-4 hours)
This increasing pH will cause the stomach to release more acid!
But, it is, if you drink that much!

This post has been edited by sandboxz: Dec 5 2008, 07:55 PM
wallpaper89
post Dec 5 2008, 11:59 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(sandboxz @ Dec 5 2008, 07:43 PM)

2) - Milk "should not be given to gastric patients" -

In 4 hours,
when milk is just ingested,
milk's pH which is higher than the stomach's pH,
milk will decrease the stomach's acidity - hence, relieving gastric pain temporarily.

If you drink too much,
and it's more than 4 hours ( normal gastric emptying time ~ 2-4 hours)
This increasing pH will cause the stomach to release more acid!
But, it is, if you drink that much!
would you kindly elaborate on this point? i am interested to know more but am unclear on your explanations, ie, the part about "in 4 hours" and "more than 4 hours" and "normal gastric emptying time"... would appreciate it smile.gif

btw, it doesnt bother me that we are the only sickos out in the world who drinks milk from other mammal species. as long as it gives me the nutrition i need, and of which i drink it for, its all good.

This post has been edited by wallpaper89: Dec 6 2008, 12:03 AM
Beachkid
post Dec 6 2008, 09:46 AM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(lcsum @ Dec 5 2008, 07:24 PM)
what wodenus say is correct  smile.gif
calcium is a mineral but when it is in solution/liquid form its called chemical
if we look into the periodic table it's in the alkaline group
beachkid you dont really understand the hidden message about the water........
dont you think your message is a bit rude
if you take information from wikipedia please copy and paste correctly and kindly mention the source
its Ca and not CA
you must be an animal lover or a vegeterian.... smile.gif
i did not copy from Wikipedia, it's just another source written by any tom,d*** and harry anyways, i'm studying medical science and that's how i know. so no point mentioning the source is there?

and since we are on the topic of good grammar as you so blatantly pointed out, it's vegetarian not vegeterian. smile.gif

fyi:I'm not an animal lover or a vegetarian. I just love when people make silly assumptions. Must be the DNA.

Yes, I did understand the message about water, you just did not understand that I already understood. It's not called hidden btw, it's called implicit.
tanling26
post Dec 6 2008, 11:05 AM

Casual
474 posts

firstime i heard abou tthis. thanks for ur info smile.gif)
navilink
post Dec 6 2008, 04:22 PM

【ツ】
All Stars
10,782 posts

it's better to drink soya bean milk, from vegetable source rather than drinking milk from cow/animal source...

Benefits of drinking soya milk:
1. Soy milk is high in protein.
2. The more the protein in the soy milk, the higher the isoflavone content. Many believe that isoflavones reduce cholesterol, prevent of osteoporosis and reduce the risk for certain cancers (prostate cancer and breast cancer).
3. Because soy milk is from beans, it contains more fiber than cow’s milk.
4. Contrary to belief, soy milk is not fat free. Depending how it is produced, it may have more fat than cow’s milk. However, it does not have the bad cholesterol.

Sauce: Link
firstbread2794
post Dec 6 2008, 04:31 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

MILK Why is it INTERNATIONALLY considered CALCIUM RICH?

is it a some what "monopoly" by companies..

no..milk has been around for more than 4000 years..

And we still have it.

Why?.
Obviously because milk is good

THerefore, milk is a good source of calcium. But you wil be needing to get Vitamin D, potassium to strengten your bones and also iodine to stimulate growth hormones.

=)=)
TSJaroque
post Dec 6 2008, 05:22 PM

Enthusiast
995 posts

QUOTE(navilink @ Dec 6 2008, 04:22 PM)
it's better to drink soya bean milk, from vegetable source rather than drinking milk from cow/animal source...

Benefits of drinking soya milk:
1. Soy milk is high in protein.
2. The more the protein in the soy milk, the higher the isoflavone content. Many believe that isoflavones reduce cholesterol, prevent of osteoporosis and reduce the risk for certain cancers (prostate cancer and breast cancer).
3. Because soy milk is from beans, it contains more fiber than cow’s milk.
4. Contrary to belief, soy milk is not fat free. Depending how it is produced, it may have more fat than cow’s milk. However, it does not have the bad cholesterol.

Sauce: Link
zzz...soy bean milk promotes estrogen levels... man boobs i dont want !

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:19 AM