Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Discussion Futsal Skills, Techniques, Tactics & Strategy!, Futsal

views

TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 03:28 AM, updated 15y ago

On my way
536 posts

All Futsal Skills, Techniques, Tactics & Strategy... share here... Doesn't matter whether it's for Striker, Flanker, Defender or even Goalie...

Discussion solely on "FUTSAL" and not field football...

Share tactical runs..plays and also moves which is effective in breaking defense...

Share also tips on how to be a good Striker, Flanker, Holding Midfielder, Defender and Goalie...

Share also on player positioning, movement, & spacing...

Also share on the formation of futsal, pros and cons and how to modify the formation for certain plays such as offensive and defensive...

Hopefully it will serve as a learning tool to share, learn and also to improve one's personal skill and understanding about the futsal game since futsal is a starting to be a very famous sport among Malaysians...

This post has been edited by ken0777: Nov 20 2008, 03:22 AM
maxizanc
post Oct 11 2008, 03:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,909 posts

mentally and physically strong.

You need to be real fast. Your movement, your eyes, your decisions, think fast..

Keep on marking player when defending all the time even if you are a striker. If everyone of your team do exactly like this, now only see how efficient is your opponent's players techniques to get past you.

When attacking, always give your teammates options when he has the ball. Positioning is important.

Passing must be accurate all the time. There should be no mistakes at all since you're playing with 10 players in a small pitch..

The last part is you techniques.

There, my opinions.

This post has been edited by maxizanc: Oct 11 2008, 03:38 AM
miketee
post Oct 11 2008, 03:55 AM

Casual
483 posts

Good topic. Gonna add some notes about the fundamentals that some may not be aware of.

1. If you make a mistake and lose the ball... chase it back, even if you are a striker and have to run all the way to your own box. This is more attitude and discipline than skill. Watch this in action during EPL games... word has it that Ashley Cole once got subbed out by Mourinho for not tracking back!

2. Always know where your teammates are especially when you don't have the ball, so that when you DO have the ball, you know where to play it to instantly.

3. Universally abhored, consistently trying to run away with the ball on your own and trying to dribble pass 5 opponents at one go will guarantee you instant infamy and hatred!

4. Off the ball movement. Esp important in futsal where every player counts! This is harder to master than being on the ball. Opening up spaces, making yourself available for a pass, dragging away defenders to make space for others, etc.

5. Correct me on this if I'm wrong - when defending, position yourself in such a way that opponents have no choice but to play the ball into the sides. This will avoid the ball being played in the middle of the park where opponents can have direct shots at goal.

TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 04:08 AM

On my way
536 posts

I shall share some stuff regarding defender...and here's some of my opinion and advice on how to be a good defender in futsal:-

1. Always keep an eye for the runner aka the striker from the opposing team who will make a run towards your D-box via left side or right side or even in the middle. As a last man of the team, the defender have to keep a watchful eye on the runner and never let him get the through pass or a high lobbing pass.

2. While defending, it's important to pressure and mark your opposing team's striker. Giving him too much space will lead to your opponent getting a pass from his team-mates. Always keep a tight pressure and mark on the striker at all times. The term 'shadow' means to follow him and pressure him. *Do not attempt to steal the ball (See below points). Just stick to him as a shadow about 1 meter from him. Cause if marking too near will cause a problem if the opposing player manage to twist and turn or cut you on your side. So too close marking is a no-no. Too far marking also is a no-no, coz if marking too far, that's not a 'marking' already.

3. Never ever go for a tackle except you are 100% sure, that you will get the ball. It's a HUGE sin for defender to react first because the opposing member can read your movement and move to the opposite direction of your challenge/tackle. Always anticipate and wait for the opponent to move, then only you go for the tackle. By doing this, you can improve your tackle and ball stealing rate by ALOT!

4. Watch the ball and not the opponent's body. Always keep your eye on the ball cause you want to tackle for the ball and not the player. Body movement is often used by players to provide a dummy to confuse defenders into the path of movement. Often times defenders get fooled by the dummy moves done with body and often they use a fake move to cheat the defender into believing they are going on one way but goes to another.

5. Never stand straight while defending. This is a major no-no. Always stand side ways either right or left depending on the opponent's movement of the ball. Standing straight will cause to delay in chasing after the opponent after he has cut passed you. Always stand sideways aka ever ready to run back either left of right. And also never ever let your two legs opened up too big for this will be exploited by opponent in giving you a ball-thru-between-ya-two-leg @ panna @ ole @ 20cent @ kangkang. Do not chase the player with the ball, skip this by moving in a arch shape via d-box line. If the player is movin in from the side either left or right, don't follow! Just move back and cover the d-box angle. This will save you time.

6. Positioning and anticipate and cutting a pass or through pass aka LURING. This is one of the most important part as being a DEFENDER. Aside from man marking, positioning and anticipate while luring is THE MOST IMPORTANT technique and tactic for a defender to steal a pass. First, defender and to position himself quite far apart from striker or flanker but not too far. REMEMBER this is not man marking! This is LURING the opposing players to have an impression that their striker/flankers are unmarked, thus when the pass is played or a through pass is played, your job is to cut in a 45degree angle to intercept the pass/through pass. To perfect this baiting and luring technique requires time and practice and also fast movement and anticipation. Psycho your opponent in giving them false assumption and lure them. Quick feet movement and fast body reaction need to be perfected to fully utilize this technique.

7. Use your goalie as a safety assurance when you are being pressured. Always fully utilize the goalie if you find yourself cornered and all your passing option are closed.

8. Always pass! Don't try to be hero in trying to dribble and cut if you are the last man defending. Cause if you screwed up and the opposing team gets the ball, your goalie will curse you to hell! And followed by several curse from your fellow team-mates.

9. Don't be afraid in getting forward! Defenders can always act as flankers and also a holding midfielder. Always utilized a 1-2 play to get yourself forward into the middle area fast!

10. Always keep and eye to your flank and striker to release a pass/through pass early. Whenever is a chance where your team-mates above are unmarked, quickly release the ball to them via pass/through pass. Always be alert.

Defender not only act as a "DEFENDER" but often time are also the "PLAYMAKER" in the futsal game. By practicing passes, defender are a team's playmaker and chance-creator by giving 'threat-balls' to your flank and your striker. And most of the time the ball are in your control and every decision making move are basically in the hands of the players who are closest to the goalie.

Hopefully some of this tips might prove useful for you all.

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 11 2008, 04:14 AM
cyfc29
post Oct 11 2008, 05:02 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(ken0777 @ Oct 11 2008, 04:08 AM)
I shall share some stuff regarding defender...and here's some of my opinion and advice on how to be a good defender in futsal:-

1. Always keep an eye for the runner aka the striker from the opposing team who will make a run towards your D-box via left side or right side or even in the middle. As a last man of the team, the defender have to keep a watchful eye on the runner and never let him get the through pass or a high lobbing pass.

2. While defending, it's important to pressure and mark your opposing team's striker. Giving him too much space will lead to your opponent getting a pass from his team-mates. Always keep a tight pressure and mark on the striker at all times. The term 'shadow' means to follow him and pressure him. *Do not attempt to steal the ball (See below points). Just stick to him as a shadow about 1 meter from him. Cause if marking too near will cause a problem if the opposing player manage to twist and turn or cut you on your side. So too close marking is a no-no. Too far marking also is a no-no, coz if marking too far, that's not a 'marking' already.

3. Never ever go for a tackle except you are 100% sure, that you will get the ball. It's a HUGE sin for defender to react first because the opposing member can read your movement and move to the opposite direction of your challenge/tackle. Always anticipate and wait for the opponent to move, then only you go for the tackle. By doing this, you can improve your tackle and ball stealing rate by ALOT!

4. Watch the ball and not the opponent's body. Always keep your eye on the ball cause you want to tackle for the ball and not the player. Body movement is often used by players to provide a dummy to confuse defenders into the path of movement. Often times defenders get fooled by the dummy moves done with body and often they use a fake move to cheat the defender into believing they are going on one way but goes to another.

5. Never stand straight while defending. This is a major no-no. Always stand side ways either right or left depending on the opponent's movement of the ball. Standing straight will cause to delay in chasing after the opponent after he has cut passed you. Always stand sideways aka ever ready to run back either left of right. And also never ever let your two legs opened up too big for this will be exploited by opponent in giving you a ball-thru-between-ya-two-leg @ panna @ ole @ 20cent @ kangkang. Do not chase the player with the ball, skip this by moving in a arch shape via d-box line. If the player is movin in from the side either left or right, don't follow! Just move back and cover the d-box angle. This will save you time.

6. Positioning and anticipate and cutting a pass or through pass aka LURING. This is one of the most important part as being a DEFENDER. Aside from man marking, positioning and anticipate while luring is THE MOST IMPORTANT technique and tactic for a defender to steal a pass. First, defender and to position himself quite far apart from striker or flanker but not too far. REMEMBER this is not man marking! This is LURING the opposing players to have an impression that their striker/flankers are unmarked, thus when the pass is played or a through pass is played, your job is to cut in a 45degree angle to intercept the pass/through pass. To perfect this baiting and luring technique requires time and practice and also fast movement and anticipation. Psycho your opponent in giving them false assumption and lure them. Quick feet movement and fast body reaction need to be perfected to fully utilize this technique.

7. Use your goalie as a safety assurance when you are being pressured. Always fully utilize the goalie if you find yourself cornered and all your passing option are closed.

8. Always pass! Don't try to be hero in trying to dribble and cut if you are the last man defending. Cause if you screwed up and the opposing team gets the ball, your goalie will curse you to hell! And followed by several curse from your fellow team-mates.

9. Don't be afraid in getting forward! Defenders can always act as flankers and also a holding midfielder. Always utilized a 1-2 play to get yourself forward into the middle area fast!

10. Always keep and eye to your flank and striker to release a pass/through pass early. Whenever is a chance where your team-mates above are unmarked, quickly release the ball to them via pass/through pass. Always be alert.

Defender not only act as a "DEFENDER" but often time are also the "PLAYMAKER" in the futsal game. By practicing passes, defender are a team's playmaker and chance-creator by giving 'threat-balls' to your flank and your striker. And most of the time the ball are in your control and every decision making move are basically in the hands of the  players who are closest to the goalie.

Hopefully some of this tips might prove useful for you all.
This is a damn good guide! Not tips! Good job!

TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 05:05 AM

On my way
536 posts

Thx cyfc29...
Kerplunk
post Oct 11 2008, 05:15 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
Elite
796 posts

when in doubt, just PASS the ball. don't try any fancy crap that u know has a 0.3% chance of coming off, just for the heck of it.
u might tell yourself while trying to convince others that futsal is 'just for fun' and it is your own personal stage to pull all sorts of tricks u see on tv. but after one too many fancy flicks that don't come off, trust me your teammates WILL get pissed even if they don't tell it to your face.
i've been in a fair number of different futsal sessions and there's always one or two (sometimes more) of this type of player.
my advice to u trickster wannabes is if u want to maintain that part of your game, make sure u RETAIN possession everytime u decide to try some fancy stuff. otherwise keep it simple, keep your teammates happy (its called a team sport for good reason), and trust me other people will be inviting u to join their futsal sessions in no time at all.
TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 05:46 AM

On my way
536 posts

Here's another tips for all futsallers. I want to stress on the technique which has been utilized by alot of world class midfielder such as deco which is the big secret to many football and futsal players. The art of receiving a pass! and move!

Often times, most futsal players tend to recieve a pass ineffectively. Many failed to control the ball after receiving a pass. Here's some hint on improving your technique:-

DON'TS:

1. Body positioning must not be straight facing the person who passes while receiving a pass. This will prevent you from going forward as you need to turn around to move forward. Futsal is about speed and every second counts if your body angle while receiving the pass is your ass facing the opposing side, you need to turn 180degree for you to move forward.

2. Do not use your inner feet to receive the pass. Well, you can do that but chances are if the pass is a strong fast pass and who use your inner feet to receive the pass via blocking it, the ball may just bounce of your feet and hence you need to chase after the ball. Most of the time, we all receive passes this way, well it's ok but it consumes way too much time and keep the ball under your control.

Here's what you should do when receiving a pass/though pass

DO'S:

1. Positioning is very important while receiving a pass and to MOVE FORWARD fast!. Always stand side ways aka ready to move forward. When a pass is played to you, due to your body angle being side ways, it's much more easier for you to move forward after receiving the pass. Best is stand in a 'L' stand with the front leg ready to receive the pass and the back leg to push yourself forward for a quick move.

This next move is regarded as the most fundamental in futsal and football

2. STEP AND ROLL THE BALL! Yes... step! Stepping the ball is the best way to stop the ball! Not blocking it via using your inner feet. If possible, always step the ball to stop the ball. Why? Cause by stepping on the ball as you receive the pass, you can simultaneously roll the ball forward. THIS MOVE ALONE SAVES ALOT OF TIME! Step and roll... If you notice alot of good players tend to dribble the ball using the step and roll method? This method is a very lethal method for every futsal player to master as it improves your time to receive the ball and move forward. Step and roll also can be a basic skill to evade tackles and to cut pass your opponent. Various dribbling skills are an extension of the step and roll technique.

3. Redirect the ball to your desired path. Always use your feet to cushion and redirect the angle of the incoming pass to where ever you want the ball to be. By doing this, you saves alot of time by not stopping the ball first and then move. Always redirect the ball to an empty space. Well you don't want to direct the ball to your opponent now...do ya? You can always redirect the pass to your team-mate and hence done a 1-2 pass and play movement.

Hope some of this tips prove useful...

Added on October 11, 2008, 6:03 amAdmin just removed my signature... so sad...

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 11 2008, 06:03 AM
reedsect13
post Oct 11 2008, 06:06 AM

44 posts

good tips guys,keep it up!!

in my opinion,1stly u got to haf a very good stamina level as usually offensif and defensif movement will involve every member of the team,i love to watch how basketball player move in match and adapt it into futsal.

and i totally agreed with bro kerplunk said b4,plz keep it simple.i hate to play with some people who is cris ronaldo wannabe,remember u dont haf the whole yard like futball to run.and of coz ur team-mate will hate it when they run everywhere to provide u the space to pass it to them but u dont.

also the 2nd do's point of bro ken0777,this is the style that argentina played on kl 5 tournament as i observed,they step on the ball n roll it,it save u time on setting the ball to pass or to rembat.if u do it right the opponent will haf to check on u 1st instead of trying to get the ball when u receive it.

juz my opinion,if wrong plz correct me,lets learn 2gether...
TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 06:16 AM

On my way
536 posts

@reedsect13 If there's a chance try watch futsal teams like Brazil, Spain and Argentina play.... too bad Astro not showing the FIFA Futsal World Cup. Love to watch the Brazilian team play. Especially Falcao!
Quick`
post Oct 11 2008, 07:25 AM

Enthusiast
735 posts

good tips,definitely from experienced futsal players rclxms.gif
but despite all that,its never easy to do all those above..its easy to say all the above,but when it comes down to doing it on the pitch,its harder
most futsallers get to do it,but to maintain it throughout the whole game,takes alot of attitude and discipline
im talking about consistency as well
thats the difference between real good futsal players and ordinary futsal player
if ure able to keep focus throughout the whole game,and give it your best..then ure good
glozz
post Oct 11 2008, 11:18 AM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

Wow; everyone's posting their cents load; I guess I'll put up some of mine as well, just some opinions based on the viewpoints of a GK:

1. Defenders should never stand in front of the person they're marking. Always stand 1-2 steps behind them or 1 step either left or right of them. Standing in front of them will give them more time to react if the ball cuts in behind you. This is the same for GKs.

2. Set-piece defending. Most set piece defending are won by i)positioning and ii) anticipation. Always start your first defensive position to cut out all passing options to the opposing team. Next; be aware of the players running into the box and anticipate the ball's movement when released to them. When you're part of a defensive wall; NEVER turn your back to the ball; just cover your vital parts with your hands. If you're scared of the ball, you should not even be playing. This is equally true when blocking a striker's shot. Take it like a man.

3. 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 defending. If your team has conceeded a breakaway; for a 1-on-1, let the GK deal with the oncoming striker; your job is to cover the GK's loose angles and deal with any loose balls. You should head towards the goal line, covering any available angles. It has to be remembered that in 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 situations; the best form of defense is time wasting. You're trying to stall the opponents while your teammates return to help out in defending. For 2-on-2s; once again, depending on how far into your area the opponents are; remember to utilize your GK whenever possible. If the 2 strikers are onto you and your GK is behind you; stand central to the goalposts, outside the D box to push the opponents into separate wings to reduce their shooting angles; and in that central location; just block all attempts on goal while your teammates return. However; if your GK is not behind you; ensure that you take on one man while the GK handles the other. In most cases; take the nearest opponent.

4. If you know you can't get to the ball; let it go. Trying to be too gung ho will only result in injuries.

5. Your GK is also playing and can help serve as the extra man where possible. However, be careful not to place the GK under unnecessary pressure to avoid mistakes.

Of all the positions in Futsal; it's ironic that GK is the hardest and most crucial; yet, it's often the most neglected part of the team. Ask any international futsal coach and he'll tell you that finding a GK is the hardest part of team selection. This is mainly because futsal GKs cover alot of technical and physical conditioning and training as they have to do 2 roles, whereas outfield players only have 1 main role.

This post has been edited by glozz: Oct 11 2008, 11:20 AM
Vagine
post Oct 11 2008, 12:26 PM

Casual
472 posts

Gosh... all valuable tips... thanks a lot for it. now i cant wait to go and try em all.. lol
TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 12:55 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(glozz @ Oct 11 2008, 11:18 AM)
Of all the positions in Futsal; it's ironic that GK is the hardest and most crucial; yet, it's often the most neglected part of the team. Ask any international futsal coach and he'll tell you that finding a GK is the hardest part of team selection. This is mainly because futsal GKs cover alot of technical and physical conditioning and training as they have to do 2 roles, whereas outfield players only have 1 main role.
This is very very true. The most important player in a futsal team is actually the goalie. If you are planning to win a futsal match but without a reliable goalie. It's better not to enter the competition at all. Futsal goalie dislike 1 type of shot in futsal game THE MOST. This shot is annoying, fast, unpredictable and it's very hard to save. It's the TONJOL SHOT! There's a futsal team in Malaysia which effectively uses this kinda shot for their long range, mid range and also their point blank shots. If you are facing a team which does this. Players must never give the opponent chance to even make a shot.

Well alot of people don't realize that a tonjol shot if executed well and proper, can be a very dangerous shot and a very effective way to score. And it's a shot which is easier to master compared to the normal proper shot using the top-above-your-toes-part @ between your phalanges and your metatarsus. Proper shooting technique are the hardest to master and it may take up at least 2 months of constant practice to get it executed decently.

I also felt obliged to point out that many futsal players have the wrong technique in taking a shot. Shots that they take are usually like a pass-like-shot or a lob-like-shot.

A pass-like-shot is a strike similar when one is passing a ball except it's a faster. Often time this shot is called a placed-shot. If your placing a shot then it's fine, but that is not really a shot-strike. A proper shot-strike is executed using your top-above-your-toes-part @ between your phalanges and your metatarsus.

A lob-like-shot on the other hand its a shot being attempted by long range but often time looks like a lob rather than a shot. A long range shot is one of the hardest shot to be execute but the best way to differentiate whether your long range shot is either a lob or a shot, here's some tips to see:-
a) the ball spins in a backward movement, thats a lob
b) ball being shot appears to be traveling abit slow

There's another type of shot always being utilized when the ball is coming towards your opposite position of your leg. Example if your a right legged player, and ball is coming from your 11 o clock direction and your body positioning is facing the incoming pass. With that body position, you can't take a shot normally but you can do this shot, or moreover this "FLICK' shot. A flick shot is to flick the ball using your outer part of your feet which is the 3rd , 4th dorsal bone and phalanges area. Proper ankle twist technique is require to make the flick as deadly as possible.

There's also the curling shot which is a hardest technique to learn in taking a shot which requires proper angle of striking the ball, the body movement in striking the ball and also the added follow up swerve and curl to add spin to the curl shot. It's the hardest shot to be explained due to the different variety of techniques can be applied so i think i rather not share it but leave it for the rest of the guys to share their own technique while executing this curl shot.

Hope the above tips prove useful for you guys.

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 11 2008, 01:28 PM
jason18689
post Oct 11 2008, 01:02 PM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

glozz

ken0777

miketee

hmmm, good read for me smile.gif ....
since i am having futsal tmr !! gotta utilize them haha...

user posted imageuser posted image

now, just to share one of my fav tactic laugh.gif
RED dot - our players
BLACK dot - opponent players

1.) First, the RED PLAYER makes a run from a gk`s throw..
2.) Black player, who is responsible for it, tracking his movement...
(THIS MADE WHOLE LOTS OF SPACE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COURT)
4.) Wingers, penetrate your way to a 1-1 situation goal scoring chance

This post has been edited by jason18689: Oct 11 2008, 01:03 PM
maxizanc
post Oct 11 2008, 01:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,909 posts

Wow very long tip up there. Don't need to buy a book about futsal. The book is here.
redscorpion
post Oct 11 2008, 01:39 PM

Group Icon
Staff
2,106 posts

QUOTE(maxizanc @ Oct 11 2008, 01:16 PM)
Wow very long tip up there. Don't need to buy a book about futsal. The book is here.
haha i second u 100%. all the tips are damn useful. later when we reach 1000 tips and 100 tactics or formations TS can compile this and make our very own LYN Futsal for Dummies laugh.gif
keep up the good work guys. i love reading 'em
MariMo
post Oct 11 2008, 01:41 PM

- El Nino -
706 posts

to be honest, Malaysia's futsal has a lil change of face .
The real rules :
There's NO PUSHING nor ROUGH UP TACKLES between the players.
and
there's a 6 fouls violation for each team. Once a team commited 6 fouls, a penalty will be given.
A red card doesn't actually sends u off for the rest of the game. But suspension of total 5 minutes.
Passing back only to ur goal keeper if ur the last man behind, else it's also considered a foul.
but i dun see all these rules apply on any community matches or league games zzz

I play for a local state futsal team , and i find the rules are so so much different from the original ones.
There's a good example when KL hosted the KL-5. A slight push is considered a foul ( the trick is to go beneath the referee's eyes )

Erm , if ur playing as a keeper, dun mind to dribble up and pass the ball, u make more options by doing this. And local futsal courts are way too small for tricks smile.gif

Anyway , every team needs a player who can take on defenders. Every team needs a Falcao.

This post has been edited by MariMo: Oct 11 2008, 01:46 PM
-Adrian-
post Oct 11 2008, 01:47 PM

Enthusiast
826 posts

QUOTE(MariMo @ Oct 11 2008, 01:41 PM)
to be honest, Malaysia's futsal has a lil change of face .
The real rules :
There's NO PUSHING nor ROUGH UP TACKLES between the players.
and
there's a 6 fouls violation for each team. Once a team commited 6 fouls, a penalty will be given.
A red card doesn't actually sends u off for the rest of the game. But suspension of total  5 minutes.
Passing back only to ur goal keeper if ur the last man behind, else it's also considered a foul.
but i dun see all these rules apply on any community matches or league games zzz

I play for a local state futsal team , and i find the rules are so so much different from the original ones.
There's a good example when KL hosted the KL-5. A slight push is considered a foul ( the trick is to go beneath the referee's eyes )

Erm , if ur playing as a keeper, dun mind  to dribble up and pass the ball, u make more options by doing this. And local futsal courts are way too small for tricks smile.gif

Anyway , every team needs a player who can take on defenders. Every team needs a Falcao.
yea this is annoying laugh.gif

TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 01:51 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(jason18689 @ Oct 11 2008, 01:02 PM)
user posted imageuser posted image

now, just to share one of my fav tactic  laugh.gif
RED dot - our players
BLACK dot - opponent players

1.) First, the RED PLAYER makes a run from a gk`s throw..
2.) Black player, who is responsible for it, tracking his movement...
(THIS MADE WHOLE LOTS OF SPACE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COURT)
4.) Wingers, penetrate your way to a 1-1 situation goal scoring chance
This run is often exploited by tall players. There's this local team once who manage to execute this long ball tactics so effectively and to some point the goalie just throw in the ball to the opponent's goalie d-box area and his striker just needed a touch from his head to redirect the long throw pass and headed the ball into the goal. This is a very annoying strategy but very effective.

To counter this it's pretty simple either using the def or the goalie. Goalie tips can be abit dirty so WARNING!

1. To counter the move above which i called the 'curi itik' *not ayam* but itik coz 'guys=itik' run, just make sure your defending players mark the runner and clear the high ball with a defensive header. If the ball manage to reach the runner than it's the defender's fault is failing to defend well.

2. For those annoying long throws from the goalie to your d-box, as a goalie u need to vs. their striker/runner. Just do some of this legal tips to make sure the ass clown won't come into your d-box and try for a cheap header.

a) jump and attempt to catch the air ball with your knee lifted up. this is to protect the goalie from being rammed in mid air and thus being injured

b) always placed yourself and fight for the position where the path of the high ball gonna come and within your
d-box. If the position is already being stand by the goalie and a striker comes charging in to the spot he will actually rammed or banged into you and automatically it's a foul. Player can never rammed into the goalie when he has already stood in the position inside the d-box. It's an auto foul and any goals scored will be invalid (tournament wise la... unless the referee are biased then you're screwed)

c) goalie can jump and punch the air ball away and at the same time the traveling hand of yours just skinned scraped the opponent's head. Yes! It's dirty but very effective to annoy the opponent and also may pissed him off but hell what? He is pissing you off too so sama sama la. Remember always touch the ball den only punch his head. If your don't get the ball and your hand punching his face/head or whatever, IT'S A GOALIE FOUL! And a goalie foul will often being punished by getting yellow card and also a penalty. So this move is basically a double edge move la. Proceed using it if the referee abit kayu but once being notice by ref, don't use it anymore for the next 5 minutes, cause ref will keep a closed eye on you after the blastering complaints by your opponent.

Added on October 11, 2008, 1:55 pm
QUOTE(MariMo @ Oct 11 2008, 01:41 PM)
I believe that part of the rule have been amended and you can back pass to your goalie whether you are the last man ornot.

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 11 2008, 01:56 PM
MariMo
post Oct 11 2008, 01:58 PM

- El Nino -
706 posts

QUOTE(ken0777 @ Oct 11 2008, 01:51 PM)

I believe that part of the rule have been amended and you can back pass to your goalie whether you are the last man ornot.
Last few days there's 2 players of Russia, stood at the same line, passed back to their keeper and commited a foul = =. It's in futsal world cup though zzz
TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 02:00 PM

On my way
536 posts

I believe that part of the rule have been amended and you can back pass to your goalie whether you are the last man ornot. Only thing i know the keeper has only 4 seconds to play the ball back or else it's a foul.

Added on October 11, 2008, 2:05 pm
QUOTE(MariMo @ Oct 11 2008, 01:58 PM)
Last few days there's 2 players of Russia, stood at the same line, passed back to their keeper and commited a foul = =. It's in futsal world cup though zzz
If that's a foul then i believe they still enforce the ruling whereby a backpass to the goalie can only be done after you have passed the halfway line.

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 11 2008, 02:08 PM
Meganova
post Oct 11 2008, 02:10 PM

Incomplete
953 posts

Well, I play as GK in futsal. I always have problem when opponent did a high lob passing, then it lands on their players chest, he then turns and volley straight with full power. How to block the shot? The process happened too fast and I easily concede goals when it comes to this situation. By the way, I dived a lot when I save balls, is it good?
TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 02:14 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(Meganova @ Oct 11 2008, 02:10 PM)
Well, I play as GK in futsal. I always have problem when opponent did a high lob passing, then it lands on their players chest, he then turns and volley straight with full power. How to block the shot? The process happened too fast and I easily concede goals when it comes to this situation. By the way, I dived a lot when I save balls, is it good?
If the opponent manage to chest the high ball outside the d-box, technically it's the job of your defender to prevent this from happening. But if the ball travels to the d-box, just use some of the tips i mentioned above for keepers.

Of course keepers need to dive to save those angled shots. Can either dive using the hand to save or stretch your legs to save. Often time a low grounder placed shot to either left or right are the toughest to save.
Howard
post Oct 11 2008, 02:24 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

ken0777, good effort in getting this up...

well probably it will be better if you can categorize the tactics for each player category on the 1st page/post for easy & quicker reference in future for those new readers... smile.gif
TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 02:31 PM

On my way
536 posts

will do that once the pages getting thicker...
bkfeng89
post Oct 11 2008, 04:00 PM

On my way
695 posts

Ken0777 why dont u post up some videos of u or ur team doing the aforementioned moves? So that we can have a better idea smile.gif
jackanory
post Oct 11 2008, 04:33 PM

Casual
349 posts

futsal aint all about speed.. i believe passing & movement is much more important than speed, not forgetting ball control & first touch..

attack as a unit & defend as a unit, & yes, having good ball skills does make a difference..

This post has been edited by jackanory: Oct 11 2008, 04:35 PM
glozz
post Oct 11 2008, 06:25 PM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

QUOTE(jackanory @ Oct 11 2008, 04:33 PM)
futsal aint all about speed.. i believe passing & movement is much more important than speed, not forgetting ball control & first touch..

attack as a unit & defend as a unit, & yes, having good ball skills does make a difference..
Actually; futsal (in it's brazillian origins and played originally on cement or terraflex) is all about passing and speed and movement. Ball control and first touch are by products of the first 3. If you play a slow tempo game; it's gonna be very hard to score against faster teams 'cause there's not much space to run into.

Hence why the English suck at tournament futsal.

2. For those annoying long throws from the goalie to your d-box, as a goalie u need to vs. their striker/runner. Just do some of this legal tips to make sure the ass clown won't come into your d-box and try for a cheap header.

For these type of balls; it's important that you can come off your line quick. Remember, the keeper plays as a sweeper when required, so, as it would apply for a defender; timing and your start position is important in coming off your line quick to sweep up these balls as these type of balls should be prevented rather than having to make the save when it is too late (which would be more difficult). In fact; if it's outside the D box, use your head or other parts of your body(as a defender would) to clear ball out. Remember the keeper, has 2 roles to play. Thus; rather than having to make the save; you should learn to avoid having to make the save at all by being able to sweep up at the back. Anticipation, positioning and fast decision-making is key. This applies to all aspects of the GK's play.

a) jump and attempt to catch the air ball with your knee lifted up. this is to protect the goalie from being rammed in mid air and thus being injured

Actually; this is a technique applied in Football goalkeeping. As a keeper; I don't think it's quite as applicable in futsal as futsal surfaces are less forgiving than football surfaces and the single leg landing may not be sufficient; which when executed wrongly or if accidents were to happen; could cause bad injuries. To be honest; I tore my knee ligament of my landing leg while performing this jump 10 years ago in a football game.

My current technique in challenging high balls is to build upper body strength through gymwork and to ensure your start position is the best; get to the ball the fastest, and then; using the upper body strength to consolidate and strengthen your end position. Can't really explain the technique in words. If you watch professional futsal goalkeepers; they use a similar method to this to challenge air balls. Most important; get to it first.

This post has been edited by glozz: Oct 11 2008, 06:54 PM
benedictHHH
post Oct 11 2008, 06:37 PM

Emo Mode | ON
1,597 posts

QUOTE(bkfeng89 @ Oct 11 2008, 04:00 PM)
Ken0777 why dont u post up some videos of u or ur team doing the aforementioned moves? So that we can have a better idea smile.gif
Eh...stop spamming here la tongue.gif

QUOTE(jackanory @ Oct 11 2008, 04:33 PM)

QUOTE(glozz @ Oct 11 2008, 06:25 PM)
Actually; futsal (in it's brazillian origins and played originally on cement or terraflex) is all about passing and speed and movement. Ball control and first touch are by products of the first 3. If you play a slow tempo game; it's gonna be very hard to score against faster teams 'cause there's not much space to run into.

Hence why the English suck at tournament futsal.
QFT !!!
glozz
post Oct 11 2008, 06:55 PM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

QUOTE(ken0777 @ Oct 11 2008, 02:00 PM)
I believe that part of the rule have been amended and you can back pass to your goalie whether you are the last man ornot. Only thing i know the keeper has only 4 seconds to play the ball back or else it's a foul.

If that's a foul then i believe they still enforce the ruling whereby a backpass to the goalie can only be done after you have passed the halfway line.
Correct. If i'm not mistaken; tournament futsal still follows the "pass the halfway line before you can backpass" rule. I know the spanish professional league follows this rule.
TSken0777
post Oct 11 2008, 08:29 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(bkfeng89 @ Oct 11 2008, 04:00 PM)
This is a very demanding demand... actually you can observe alot of this mentioned skills and tactics and also techniques being applied by experienced teams. Just go to your local futsal venue whenever there's a competition. Pretty sure you can see all the mentioned stuff are implemented and used by lotza teams.
XiuKeong
post Oct 11 2008, 09:03 PM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,421 posts

Question, if i'm the goalie, when 1v1 with the striker, should I come out from my position and try to intercept him?
giotto
post Oct 11 2008, 09:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,051 posts

XiuKeong,
If you're glozz, you can come out aiming for his legs. In doing so, you will somehow clear the ball.

If you're any other GK that is playing against LYN Futsal, just wait for miketee to shoot sideways or even over the post. Eh, sorry. I meant wait for striker to shoot sideways or over the post.
slyyoung
post Oct 11 2008, 09:28 PM

'sup.
1,154 posts

QUOTE(giotto @ Oct 11 2008, 09:13 PM)
XiuKeong,
If you're glozz, you can come out aiming for his legs. In doing so, you will somehow clear the ball.

If you're any other GK that is playing against LYN Futsal, just wait for miketee to shoot sideways or even over the post. Eh, sorry. I meant wait for striker to shoot sideways or over the post.
You dont have to be a keeper for that to happen. He can do it even with no one near him.
XiuKeong
post Oct 11 2008, 09:38 PM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,421 posts

XiuKeong,

What if they move to the side when I'm coming out? Should guess a side to dive?
blackcode
post Oct 11 2008, 10:58 PM

It's all about finding de right smile ~
541 posts

futsal is based on stamina..i seen a team which use their stamina 100%..doin roaming and move around like they hv two lungs..nvr stop moving and thus ,making the other team exhausted..in the end,winning with a great margin.
Meganova
post Oct 11 2008, 11:39 PM

Incomplete
953 posts

QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Oct 11 2008, 09:03 PM)
Question, if i'm the goalie, when 1v1 with the striker, should I come out from my position and try to intercept him?
Usually in this situation, I dive in front of him, stretch my hands and leg wide to block the shot/ball. 90% success tongue.gif
-Adrian-
post Oct 12 2008, 12:00 AM

Enthusiast
826 posts

very scary kena sepak in the face lol...
glozz
post Oct 12 2008, 12:10 AM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

XiuKeong,

Don't mind him; he's just jealous that I don't foul and yet I can save 1-on-1s. tongue.gif

But what Meganova said is corrrect; that is more or less it. However; timing is very crucial.

This post has been edited by glozz: Oct 12 2008, 12:11 AM
XiuKeong
post Oct 12 2008, 12:26 AM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,421 posts

QUOTE(glozz @ Oct 12 2008, 12:10 AM)
Don't mind him; he's just jealous that I don't foul and yet I can save 1-on-1s.  tongue.gif

But what Meganova said is corrrect; that is more or less it. However; timing is very crucial.
Hmm. That's one in my practice book. But I kinda like saving those low shots with my leg. React faster.
teeque
post Oct 12 2008, 01:11 AM

MyRAWKer
637 posts

hey, anyone here wanna join MyRawk's futsal team, just send me a PM. or chk out our futsal thread on www.my-rawk.com. cheers...
glozz
post Oct 12 2008, 01:26 AM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

Haven't you guys stolen enough players? Still not enough?

Added on October 12, 2008, 1:27 am
QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Oct 12 2008, 12:26 AM)
Hmm. That's one in my practice book. But I kinda like saving those low shots with my leg. React faster.
Using legs leave too many gaps.

This post has been edited by glozz: Oct 12 2008, 01:27 AM
bkfeng89
post Oct 12 2008, 02:06 AM

On my way
695 posts

QUOTE(blackcode @ Oct 11 2008, 10:58 PM)
futsal is based on stamina..i seen a team which use their stamina 100%..doin roaming and move around like they hv two lungs..nvr stop moving and thus ,making the other team exhausted..in the end,winning with a great margin.
two lungs. Dont we all have two lungs? biggrin.gif
benedictHHH
post Oct 12 2008, 03:11 AM

Emo Mode | ON
1,597 posts

user posted image

Some ppl are special bro!!

They are Heroes !!
blackcode
post Oct 12 2008, 07:24 PM

541 posts

QUOTE(bkfeng89 @ Oct 12 2008, 02:06 AM)
two lungs. Dont we all have two lungs? biggrin.gif
hahahaha..ok then..how bout 4..good enuff?
teeque
post Oct 12 2008, 10:48 PM

MyRAWKer
637 posts

QUOTE(glozz @ Oct 12 2008, 01:26 AM)
Haven't you guys stolen enough players? Still not enough?
haha, u dun wan 2 join us?? brows.gif
glozz
post Oct 12 2008, 10:58 PM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

Offer me contract lar. tongue.gif
giotto
post Oct 13 2008, 12:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,051 posts

QUOTE(blackcode @ Oct 12 2008, 07:24 PM)
hahahaha..ok then..how bout 4..good enuff?
Good spot by bkfeng! Haha.

Yeah, if you've seen professional futsal players play, there's hell lots of movement. Because the pitch is only this big, players are always scrambling for position and looking for a better place to receive the ball. Its extremely technical and i'm amazed at the amount of passing these teams make, for example Spain and Argentina. I'd say, futsal players run much more than football players for the amount of time they spent on the pitch. Thats why futsal players have unlimited rolling sub.

Sadly, the way we futsal noobs plays is very much football style. Player gets the ball, runs at defenders, tries to dribble past them and shoot when there's a chance. But i've seen some good local teams that can really pass the ball, they're patient in the build up and can string together quite a few passes before taking the final shot.
jason18689
post Oct 13 2008, 12:27 AM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

Today just had a futsal match smile.gif

It was tiring !! no substitution for 1.5hours... the fellow who mark me, is faster than me, always out pace me, ahhhh, stamina is damn important...

about patient football, where passing is a priority rather than gets the ball and dribble past them... actually all of us wants to see that... it just depends on how your teammates runs...
giotto
post Oct 13 2008, 10:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,051 posts

QUOTE(jason18689 @ Oct 13 2008, 12:27 AM)
Today just had a futsal match smile.gif

It was tiring !! no substitution for 1.5hours... the fellow who mark me, is faster than me, always out pace me, ahhhh, stamina is damn important...

about patient football, where passing is a priority rather than gets the ball and dribble past them... actually all of us wants to see that... it just depends on how your teammates runs...
If you've constantly been marked, try to run to more open spaces. If your marker seem to follow you wherever you go(like Digi yellow man), you're indirectly opening space for your team mate to strike. Well thats good team play if you ask me but i doubt your marker would follow every single step you take coz he would have other things to do also.

Another way to shake him off is to play one touch passes. I've played with some really huge ex classmates, at least 15-20Kg heavier than me whereby i can definitely outrun them but these huge guys make up their lack of pace with some really good one touch passing. Plus, their shots pack a punch, something like a rocket shot, so we kinda even out each other and try to play to our advantage.

I see where you're coming with friends who tend to get the ball, dribble ala kampung style. Cant do much about it, except to make yourself available in a good spot and if he doesnt pass to you, shout at him. People learn the hard way. Thats why its important to join the bunch of futsal kaki who will play in the same wavelength.

nimrod2
post Oct 13 2008, 11:26 AM

the imba one
2,521 posts

and of course same skill level biggrin.gif
giotto
post Oct 13 2008, 11:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,051 posts

Well its difficult to find all the kaki in the same skill level. I mean everyone differs in terms of skills, passing and shooting. But you need to have the kaki that is on the same wavelength, able to cover each other and ultimately everyone must do their job on the pitch.

Likewise, in the LYN group, everyone has their strong points. Some are sharp shooters, some pass the ball well, some are good keepers, some are divers. We shout at each other sometimes but its all for the good of the game.
millenia3000
post Oct 13 2008, 11:58 AM

OH YEAAAAA!!!!!!
1,462 posts

i may not be falcao or mourad boukhari... but through my experiences playing football and futsal, there's some opinions i'd love to share wit ya guys...

1. Never berlagak like you're the one that only knows how to play futsal and go on sighing at every mistake a team mate makes. Remember that you make mistakes too. Instead, give him a boost.

2. Always communicate with others on ur team, even if ur not familiar wit him (or her..lol).

3. Pass and you shall be passed to.

4. Sometimes if a team mate does a solo run and end up wasting the chance, dun *** him kau kau. instead go "Nice one bro, next time i'll support if ya need help"

5. If playing to improve, be serious about it but with a smile... If playing for fun then dun care laa... I personally think partners who keep laughing non stop or not serious kinda demotivates the serious players...

yea this is just some of what i think and especially have experienced while playing with the LYN futsal team the last time out... i shall also give credit to mr.miketee as i find him a good futsaller as he distributes the ball and supports attacks well...
TSken0777
post Oct 13 2008, 12:44 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(millenia3000 @ Oct 13 2008, 11:58 AM)
i may not be falcao or mourad boukhari... but through my experiences playing football and futsal, there's some opinions i'd love to share wit ya guys...

1. Never berlagak like you're the one that only knows how to play futsal and go on sighing at every mistake a team mate makes. Remember that you make mistakes too. Instead, give him a boost.

2. Always communicate with others on ur team, even if ur not familiar wit him (or her..lol).

3. Pass and you shall be passed to.

4. Sometimes if a team mate does a solo run and end up wasting the chance, dun *** him kau kau. instead go "Nice one bro, next time i'll support if ya need help"

5. If playing to improve, be serious about it but with a smile... If playing for fun then dun care laa... I personally think partners who keep laughing non stop or not serious kinda demotivates the serious players...

yea this is just some of what i think and especially have experienced while playing with the LYN futsal team the last time out... i shall also give credit to mr.miketee as i find him a good futsaller as he distributes the ball and supports attacks well...
This is a good advice covering the mentality part of the futsal game. Always have a clear head and keep it cool. Having a good positive mentality will enable a futsaller to be always consistent and not playing under pressure or frustration.

Still having my flu and cough... *sigh* has been almost 1 week+ ed...

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 13 2008, 12:46 PM
ponomariov
post Oct 13 2008, 12:53 PM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(Meganova @ Oct 11 2008, 02:10 PM)
The ball travel less than 2 seconds in the air during a lob. If you are facing problem.. you are standing too near to your goal line.
The player most likely is at their own half for the ball to travel that fast. If he is in your half.. you defender must be dreaming for him to be able to lob to chest level.

Second... you position and the player who is holding the ball is wrong and bad position. you must have clear line of sight infront of your D.. if you don't you can't cut infront of the player who is going to chest the ball... And all this .. you must be protecting a direct shot of 50% of the goal...

This post has been edited by ponomariov: Oct 13 2008, 12:55 PM
millenia3000
post Oct 13 2008, 01:00 PM

OH YEAAAAA!!!!!!
1,462 posts

QUOTE(ken0777 @ Oct 13 2008, 12:44 PM)
This is a good advice covering the mentality part of the futsal game. Always have a clear head and keep it cool. Having a good positive mentality will enable a futsaller to be always consistent and not playing under pressure or frustration.

Still having my flu and cough... *sigh* has been almost 1 week+ ed...
hence eliminating the dominant male competition in a game of futsal... notice many players out there "over" show enthusiasm... pissin off own team mates in the process...

really respect players who are good... and understand others' weaknesses... i mean... you gotta admit... surely damn angry when see a team mate waste a chance... or din receive a ball properly... but when one actually sees the mistake and suggests how to correct it, it works even better then just going "wei...like that so easy oso cannot ah you!"...

TSken0777
post Oct 13 2008, 01:16 PM

On my way
536 posts

Hello everybody! I can see that this topic thread has been picking up some heat since it was just started last week. Looks like there's a huge support from forumers and also futsal fans in making this thread alive, fiery and HOT! Keep the comments and ideas coming in.

Since nobody has covered the formation part of the futsal game. Here's my take on it.

Playing futsal with a formation is as important as in playing in a normal football game. All the time, we often hear about formations in football, be it 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-1-2-1-2. Futsal also have it's formation with it's 4 players. YES! 4 players can have it's formation. In fact, lesser the amount of player, lesser the amount of formation possibilities (Simple maths probability).

Below i'm going share the 2 basic and most common formation in futsal, which is the:-
1. Box Shape (2-2) Formation
2. Diamond Shape (1-2-1) Formation

And also the 2 basic formation for attacking and defending, which is the:-
3. ATT Y-Shape (1-1-2) Formation
4. DEF Y-Shape (2-1-1) Formation

1. Box Shape (2-2) Formation

Below is a picture on how this formation looks like
user posted image

2 down players supporting each other while the other 2 top players will either drop down to support or just wait to receive a threat ball pass to them.

Pros:
1.This formation is simple and most of the time used by alot of teams. Pretty like a default formation for all beginners.
2. 2 man below can compliment each other by passing between themselves whenever an opponent is coming to attempt to steal the ball or to release the pass to your flanks.
user posted image
3. 2 man below can attempt to create a 1-2 run to dominate the middle area of the court
user posted image
Once the 1-2 pass is completed, basically you have modified the formation from a Box-Shape (2-2) Formation to a Y-shape (1-1-2) Formation.

Cons:
1. Passing dependent. Especially accurate short passes.
2. Need to wait and lure your opponent players to your half of your side.
3. Very dependent on your other teammates to run into open spaces to either play a 1-2 pass back to him or to create a dummy run for you to pass to your 2 top players ontop.

2. Diamond Shape (1-2-1) Formation

user posted image

1 fix player playing the holding down position with 2 flankers and 1 top pivot striker.

Pros:
1. Flexible for the last man to release the ball to his flankers.
user posted image
2. This formation provides space to move.

Cons:
1. Heavy pressure to the last man may result in the last man losing possession and give chance to the opponent to score
2. Dependable on the last man to be able to execute precise threat balls to his flankers
3. Dependable on the flankers to lost their marker for the last man to release the ball.

*continue on my next post*

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 13 2008, 03:41 PM
MariMo
post Oct 13 2008, 01:23 PM

- El Nino -
706 posts

omg guys, the thread has been moving too fast. haha
So it kinda obvious that, Malaysian these days are more into futsal biggrin.gif
ponomariov
post Oct 13 2008, 02:32 PM

Casual
432 posts

Well.. I dun think the box formation is good..

It won't work for amatuer futsal players...or even semi-pro...

The problem is .. ppl who use this formation don't know how to utilise this formation.

1. 100% of lower than amatuer futsal player don't pass back.
2. 80% of amatuer futsal player dun know how to square the ball.. worst for class below it
3. 70 % of semi pro player do not pass to the middle fearing the ball of being intercept.
4. 60 % of semi pro player unable to cross wing naturally.
5. 50 % of all players playing on top don't tackle from the top.
6. 40 % only able cross a hard drill across the D
7. 30 % of players are capable of shooting with their left foot.
8. 10 % of player are willing to wait and lure players.
9. And nobody cares about covering each other.

Instead trying flat four or ... 3-1 formations which provides better results....

This post has been edited by ponomariov: Oct 13 2008, 02:35 PM
mervinho
post Oct 13 2008, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

Any teams out there looking for a friendly futsal game in KL? Preferably aged below 19. PM me if interested.

There are some useful good tips in here. Good job.

This post has been edited by mervinho: Oct 13 2008, 02:49 PM
millenia3000
post Oct 13 2008, 02:49 PM

OH YEAAAAA!!!!!!
1,462 posts

diamond 1-2-1 is the best for me... 1 fix, 2 flankers , 1 pivot
TSken0777
post Oct 13 2008, 03:43 PM

On my way
536 posts

*continue form my previous post regarding formation

3. ATT Y-Shape (1-1-2) Formation

user posted image

1 fix player playing the holding down position with 2 flankers and 1 holding player in the middle.

Pros:
1. Fully utilize the triangle to keep the option open.
user posted image
2. Last man can play the ball to their flankers.
user posted image
3. Flankers have option to either:-
a) go with an attack for a shot on goal
user posted image
b) play back the ball to the middle for the middle to take a shot or for a 1-2 run
user posted image
c) play the ball to switch side to the other flanker
user posted image
3. Middle holding player have option of:-
a) take the shot if there's space
user posted image
b) play it back to flankers *left or right
user posted image
c) set the ball for your last man to either for him to take a shot or pass back to last man whenever you think you are pressured and your flankers are marked.
user posted image

*more to be added* Flu gettin bad to worst

Added on October 13, 2008, 4:00 pm
QUOTE(ponomariov @ Oct 13 2008, 02:32 PM)
Well.. I dun think the box formation is good..

It won't work for amatuer futsal players...or even semi-pro...

The problem is .. ppl who use this formation don't know how to utilise this formation.

1. 100% of lower than amatuer futsal player don't pass back.
2. 80% of amatuer futsal player dun know how to square the ball.. worst for class below it
3. 70 % of semi pro player do not pass to the middle fearing the ball of being intercept.
4. 60 % of semi pro player unable to cross wing naturally.
5. 50 % of all players playing on top don't tackle from the top.
6. 40 % only able cross a hard drill across the D
7. 30 % of players are capable of shooting with their left foot.
8. 10 % of player are willing to wait and lure players.
9. And nobody cares about covering each other.

Instead trying flat four or ... 3-1 formations which provides better results....
the box formation is a good formation to start your run. BUT once manage to break into the middle area, formation must always change to adapt and to counter the opponent's formation. That is why i showed in the diagram on how a box shape formation (2-2) can easily be modified to a diamond shape or a Y-shape formation easily.

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 13 2008, 04:00 PM
samsunix
post Oct 13 2008, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

Great tips from you experience futsal players. I notice that most of the tips given are fundamentals in a futsal game. However, I did not practice some of it, bad habit i guess =P

I used to play offensive but now degrade to a defensive role (old already no stamina). I believe the communication and understanding between goalie and defenders is also crucial. That's why my goalie (Howard) always 'fark' me when i didn listened to him lolz.
cyfc29
post Oct 14 2008, 01:20 AM

39 posts

Great tips from you experience futsal players. I notice that most of the tips given are fundamentals in a futsal game. However, I did not practice some of it, bad habit i guess =P
I used to play offensive but now degrade to a defensive role (old already no stamina). I believe the communication and understanding between goalie and defenders is also crucial. That's why my goalie (Howard) always 'fark' me when i didn listened to him lolz.

Your goalkeeper is a over demanding goalie nevertheless a good one. rolleyes.gif You should also try to apply the formations when playing in a game as guidelines to positioning yourselves. This should drastically improve game play. wink.gif

This post has been edited by cyfc29: Oct 14 2008, 01:23 AM
TSken0777
post Oct 14 2008, 02:08 AM

On my way
536 posts

4. DEF Y-Shape (2-1-1) Formation

user posted image

3 players covering the mid, left and right side while 1 player on top serves as a pressure

Pros:
1. Most simple defensive formation, it's save and it covers the left, right side, middle and top middle.
2. Good formation for you to counter attack since you have 1 man on top in the mid line.

Cons:
1. At times the top man is beaten and the 3 remaining players need to be defending against 4 incoming players.
2. If the top man is not pressuring and forcing the opponent to release the ball, then it's no use.
3. If the remaining bottom 3 players do not effectively mark their players, then it's no use.

*More to come*

Added on October 14, 2008, 2:13 amJust 3 days since i started this thread and it has almost 1100+ views and 65 posts? Not bad... Thanks for the much support...

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 14 2008, 03:33 PM
Howard
post Oct 14 2008, 08:00 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(cyfc29 @ Oct 14 2008, 01:20 AM)
Your goalkeeper is a over demanding goalie nevertheless a good one.  rolleyes.gif You should also try to apply the formations when playing in a game as guidelines to positioning yourselves. This should drastically improve game play. wink.gif
way to go clement! mad.gif pijak already then trying to cover back ahhhh doh.gif

anyway samsunix is a "plane" shooter nevertheless a good own-goal scorer... brows.gif
giotto
post Oct 14 2008, 09:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,051 posts

QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 14 2008, 08:00 AM)
anyway samsunix is a "plane" shooter nevertheless a good own-goal scorer...  brows.gif
Really?

Ask him to join LYN then. Join the host of guys who has scored own goal like there's no tomorrow.
slyyoung
post Oct 14 2008, 09:47 AM

'sup.
1,154 posts

QUOTE(giotto @ Oct 14 2008, 09:36 AM)
Really?

Ask him to join LYN then. Join the host of guys who has scored own goal like there's no tomorrow.
Correction, there's only one guy in LYN futsal who scores own goals.........
glozz
post Oct 14 2008, 10:26 AM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

QUOTE(cyfc29 @ Oct 14 2008, 01:20 AM)
Your goalkeeper is a over demanding goalie nevertheless a good one.  rolleyes.gif You should also try to apply the formations when playing in a game as guidelines to positioning yourselves. This should drastically improve game play. wink.gif
Wahliu Howard; you've got enough fans here to start your own thread! tongue.gif

Added on October 14, 2008, 10:26 am
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 14 2008, 08:00 AM)
way to go clement!  mad.gif pijak already then trying to cover back ahhhh  doh.gif

anyway samsunix is a "plane" shooter nevertheless a good own-goal scorer...  brows.gif
Now now; janganlah marah. It's not nice; calling ppl names and all...

This post has been edited by glozz: Oct 14 2008, 10:26 AM
ponomariov
post Oct 14 2008, 12:59 PM

Casual
432 posts

It is a great effort by ken0777 to try to explain what is formation.
But I want to take away no credit from him I believe i need to explain some basics.

2-2 is know as a box formation...because if you join the dots it is gonna form a square otherwise know as a box formation. Diamond shape is part of 2-2 formation. which look like a rombus.

So Y shape attack and defence is not exactly part of 2-2... it is 3-1.

4-0 formation is not exactly flat four... but a just shows that offense spread across the D with no sweeper. Spain are practice this.

TSken0777
post Oct 14 2008, 03:49 PM

On my way
536 posts

Other variation of formations:-

5. ATT T-Shape (1-3) Formation
6. DEF T-Shape (3-1) Formation
7. DEF Flat-Shape (4) Formation
8. DEF Box-Shape (2-2) Formation

Below are some of the variation of formation that can easily be modified into whenever the need rises to change. Changing formation fast and choosing the right formation when dealing with various situation are very essential in the total gameplay of a futsal team.

5. ATT T-Shape (1-3) Formation
user posted image

6. DEF T-Shape (3-1) Formation
user posted image

7. DEF Flat-Shape (4) Formation
user posted image

8. DEF Box-Shape (2-2) Formation
user posted image

There are many pros and cons for each different formation mentioned above but different formation are useful in tackling against other formations. So a team with the ability to notice loopholes and weaknesses in a team's formation will choose to exploit it.

Alot of good futsal teams have a very efficient system of formation and various 'plays' which they have practice and drilled themselves. Plays are a different subject all together. Imagine players are notes of a key, formations are like musical chords and plays are actually a piece of music or a symphony.

Hopefully some of my words here can strike a chord within you all so that you all can get a clear big picture. There's alot of factors involve this game and knowing that makes me loving this game more and more... Hope it the same goes with you all...

Added on October 15, 2008, 3:42 amHi. Since i can't sleep so i decided to add another topic which covers the issue on defending. Was just after a mamak conversation between my 2 friends after futsal session in pan global. We were talking about how top college futsal teams like HELP, whereby the runs they play are mean to confuse the other team's man-marking system. So here's my intake on defending methods.

1. Man-to-man Marking
2. Zone Defense:-
a) Box-Shape (2-2) Zone Defense
b) Y-Shape (2-1-1) Zone Defense
c) T-Shape (3-1) Zone Defense
d) Flat-Shape (4) Zone Defense

1. Man-to-man Marking

user posted image

Basically the whole idea is everyone in the team except the keeper takes 1 person to mark. Player have to follow and cover the angle and to tackle whenever has the chance and to prevent the person being marked to passed by. Marking and off-ball player will prevent the person from getting a pass from his teammate.

2. Zone Defense

This method of defense is delegating players to assign them to guard a particular zone. Whoever enter the player's zone, it is the player's responsibility to mark and follow or pressure him. There are various zone defense which uses the various formation as i mentioned in my previous post. Below are some of the various Zone Defense.

a) Box-Shape (2-2) Zone Defense

user posted image

b) Y-Shape (2-1-1) Zone Defense

user posted image

c) T-Shape (3-1) Zone Defense

user posted image

d) Flat-Shape (4) Zone Defense

user posted image

From the diagram above, we can try to ponder and make known on each zone defense system of it's forte and also it's weakness. None the less, knowing too much but don't implement the knowledge it's pretty useless too. As my friend quoted "The best tactic is defend, pass the ball and score"

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 15 2008, 03:44 AM
izharkamal
post Oct 15 2008, 11:07 AM

9 posts

nice job ken0777 for explaining the various futsal formations. great thread for futsalers. lots of info
TSken0777
post Oct 15 2008, 03:03 PM

On my way
536 posts

Don't miss the FIFA Futsal World Cup 2008 on ASTRO ch 811 tomorrow night.

Semifinals:-

Semi-final 1: Brazil vs. Russia

Semi-final 2: Spain vs. Italy

Current Top Scorer:-
1. Pula (Russia) 15 goals
2. Falcao (Brazil) 14 goals
3. Lenisio (Brazil) 11 goals

Russia has a superb record this tournament as they have scored the highest goal margin where by Russia beaten Solomon Island with a score of 31-2. But then Italy did a superb win over the US with Italy thrashing US
37-1. The 2 power house, Brazil and Spain has yet to have win against any teams with huge goal margins, so we are all curious to see how the semifinals will go down in Rio de Janeiro.
blackcode
post Oct 15 2008, 06:59 PM

541 posts

wow,what a good tips provided here..now we can all improve ourselves on futsal..well,i guess,if the strategies implemented
TSken0777
post Oct 15 2008, 08:19 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(blackcode @ Oct 15 2008, 06:59 PM)
wow,what a good tips provided here..now we can all improve ourselves on futsal..well,i guess,if the strategies implemented
LOL! True that...
jason18689
post Oct 15 2008, 10:22 PM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

haha, have been away for 3days since my last post here...
now, so many things to read...
its looking interesting for every visit to here... smile.gif

anyway, just want to find out, where can see futsal live ?
astro tarak punya sad.gif
mayb got, i didnt saw it...
anyone clarify it ? thanks !!
TSken0777
post Oct 16 2008, 02:16 AM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(jason18689 @ Oct 15 2008, 10:22 PM)
haha, have been away for 3days since my last post here...
now, so many things to read...
its looking interesting for every visit to here... smile.gif

anyway, just want to find out, where can see futsal live ?
astro tarak punya sad.gif
mayb got, i didnt saw it...
anyone clarify it ? thanks !!
Don't miss the FIFA Futsal World Cup 2008 on ASTRO ch 811 Thursday night at 9.30pm

Semifinals:-

Semi-final 1: Brazil vs. Russia

Semi-final 2: Spain vs. Italy

Added on October 17, 2008, 2:17 amJust a small update on what's going on with the 2008 FIFA Futsal World Cup.

SemiFinals 1: Russia 2-4 Brazil

SemiFinals 2: Spain 3-2 Italy

3rd Placing Playoffs: 18th Oct 2008

Final: 19th Oct 2008

Added on October 17, 2008, 3:04 amHere's the PUMA website for GOALKEEPERS. They have training tips and techniques shared by world class goalkeepers such as buffon, given, hildebrand and matt reis.

http://www.pumafootball.com/goalkeeper/

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 17 2008, 03:04 AM
closer
post Oct 20 2008, 12:49 PM

34 posts

Great thread.

I play the pivot position in my team in the diamond position. 1 thing i demand from my teammates is movement. Always get into a good position to receive the ball. Help me out. Don't stand behind an opponent as i cant pass the ball through him. Get into space and i WILL find you.

Random tips:
Make diagonal runs. Look up. When in doubt, stop and pass it back. Run for your team. As have already been said, sometimes if you are inferior to other teams in terms of technical abilities and skills, beat them using your athleticism.

I don't recall seeing anyone posting about the use of your body for a defender when defending. Well this comes from my background of being an outfield player first but your body is very important even in futsal. Leaning into another player almost always makes him lose his balance and thus miskicks or mis-control. Im not saying bodychecking but applying very minimal pressure on someone's side is very effective. Also important when shielding a ball when letting it roll out of play and also when holding the ball up front when waiting for support.
TSken0777
post Oct 20 2008, 01:00 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(closer @ Oct 20 2008, 12:49 PM)
Great thread.

I play the pivot position in my team in the diamond position. 1 thing i demand from my teammates is movement. Always get into a good position to receive the ball. Help me out. Don't stand behind an opponent as i cant pass the ball through him. Get into space and i WILL find you.

Random tips:
Make diagonal runs. Look up. When in doubt, stop and pass it back. Run for your team. As have already been said, sometimes if you are inferior to other teams in terms of technical abilities and skills, beat them using your athleticism.

I don't recall seeing anyone posting about the use of your body for a defender when defending. Well this comes from my background of being an outfield player first but your body is very important even in futsal. Leaning into another player almost always makes him lose his balance and thus miskicks or mis-control. Im not saying bodychecking but applying very minimal pressure on someone's side is very effective. Also important when shielding a ball when letting it roll out of play and also when holding the ball up front when waiting for support.
Greats tips on the shielding and leaning... Personally, i get pretty annoyed when players exploit it very well. ^^
glozz
post Oct 20 2008, 01:09 PM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

There are ways to counter it though. As a GK it's very important to know it as many players will tend to lean into GKs; especially during set pieces before the ball is released.

Easiest way is to let the leaning player "win" by letting him stay in front of you. Wait for the ball to be delivered in; if it's towards his direction; depending on the type of ball, come in fast from behind him to either clear or spread in front of his legs. If you can't see the ball; just a simple shoulder barge (with your shoulders square to his body to ensure it's not a foul) from behind him will ensure he won't do the same thing the next corner.

This post has been edited by glozz: Oct 20 2008, 01:11 PM
TSken0777
post Oct 20 2008, 01:10 PM

On my way
536 posts

2008 FIFA Futsal World Cup Updates:-

Third Place: Russia 1-2 Italy

Goals:- Foglia 6' (Italy)
Dushkevich 26' (Russia)
Assis 40' (Italy)

Winner: Brazil 2-2 Spain
(Penalty Shootout) Brazil 4-3 Spain

Goals:- Marquinho 24' (Brazil)
Torras 28' (Spain)
Vinícius 36' (Brazil)
Álvaro 38' (Spain)

Shootout: Brazil Spain
Marquinho (O) Kike (O)
Wilde (O) Ortiz (O)
Ciço (O) Torras (X)
Lenísio (O) Álvaro (O)
Ari (X) Marcelo (X)

Brazil have finally won!!! Beaten their greatest rivals!!! Congrats Brasil!!! Ole Ole Ole!!!

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 20 2008, 01:12 PM
blinky
post Oct 20 2008, 01:16 PM

Relax, just trust me.
2,633 posts

First things first, there are no such thing as POSITIONS in Futsal. You only have outfield players and a goalkeeper.

Why? Because you are required to play in a diamond-formation. And players are supposed to rotate with one another within the diamond shape. Striker -> Left Wing -> Defense -> Right Wing -> Striker and it goes on and on. The diamond pass-and-run formation has been proven to be the most efficient and effective strategy in futsal.

Man-marking is essential. One-touch passing is essential. Awareness is essential. Stamina is essential.

Anyway, my team name is called Saintz FC. We've been an active futsal team for over 8 years, and football for over 10 years. Recently, we finished the Sports Barn Social League as Quarter Finalists. Anyone up for a friendly game can PM me smile.gif
TSken0777
post Oct 20 2008, 03:05 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(blinky @ Oct 20 2008, 01:16 PM)
First things first, there are no such thing as POSITIONS in Futsal. You only have outfield players and a goalkeeper.

Why? Because you are required to play in a diamond-formation. And players are supposed to rotate with one another within the diamond shape. Striker -> Left Wing -> Defense -> Right Wing -> Striker and it goes on and on. The diamond pass-and-run formation has been proven to be the most efficient and effective strategy in futsal.

Man-marking is essential. One-touch passing is essential. Awareness is essential. Stamina is essential.

Anyway, my team name is called Saintz FC. We've been an active futsal team for over 8 years, and football for over 10 years. Recently, we finished the Sports Barn Social League as Quarter Finalists. Anyone up for a friendly game can PM me smile.gif
Well spoken... Rotation system with a Total Football Approach... can only be fully used if the team members are well experience... Good teams do play rotation and have no fixed position. True that. It's not positions but more like roles in the team. What role are you suppose to be at a given moment when you are on the pitch.
marvintwj
post Oct 20 2008, 10:40 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(ken0777 @ Oct 20 2008, 03:05 PM)
Well spoken... Rotation system with a Total Football Approach... can only be fully used if the team members are well experience... Good teams do play rotation and have no fixed position. True that. It's not positions but more like roles in the team. What role are you suppose to be at a given moment when you are on the pitch.
first of all...roto = total football. players can interchange position anytime, anyone. so how to approach it when it is it.secondly, this is futsal la bro, how does one apply total football into futsal? at most also just change position only la...nothing total about it.

btw, pls stop using pening kepala terms like bone names and all. saying toes will get the message across just fine. tq no offence.

This post has been edited by marvintwj: Oct 20 2008, 10:42 PM
TSken0777
post Oct 21 2008, 01:03 AM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(marvintwj @ Oct 20 2008, 10:40 PM)
first of all...roto = total football. players can interchange position anytime, anyone. so how to approach it when it is it.secondly, this  is futsal la bro, how does one apply total football into futsal? at most also just change position only la...nothing total about it.

btw, pls stop using pening kepala terms like bone names and all. saying toes will get the message across just fine. tq no offence.
LOL! Sorry for that... wanted to be specific... coz thats the actual name for those bones above the toes. Well pardon me coz my physiological book was just lying beside at that time...
xorz
post Oct 21 2008, 03:08 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

i want to suggest ..
can someone make an e-book from all the tips that has been shared here ?
it will give great knowledge for other futsal player ..
TSken0777
post Oct 21 2008, 09:22 AM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(xorz @ Oct 21 2008, 03:08 AM)
i want to suggest ..
can someone make an e-book from all the tips that has been shared here ?
it will give great knowledge for other futsal player ..
i'll probably compiled it to subtopics when i have time... ebook ah? tot of just compiling and make a blogpage out of it... tongue.gif easier...
blackcode
post Oct 22 2008, 08:40 PM

541 posts

brazil won the futsal title..great..spain also shud be proud..the almost hd brazil,hehe
nimrod2
post Oct 24 2008, 12:58 PM

the imba one
2,521 posts

e-books can be shared mar laugh.gif
TSken0777
post Oct 24 2008, 10:02 PM

On my way
536 posts

Here's a short tutorial by our favorite futsal player... FALCAO!!! Here's some skills tips from the FIFA Best Futsal Player.

oldman
post Oct 28 2008, 08:38 PM

[VERY] senior member
956 posts

Just saw the Vid, Ken...
Remind me... I'll show some of it to u this Sat/Mon...

Hehehe... Being VERY perasan now...
biggrin.gif
TSken0777
post Oct 28 2008, 08:48 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(oldman @ Oct 28 2008, 08:38 PM)
Just saw the Vid, Ken...
Remind me... I'll show some of it to u this Sat/Mon...

Hehehe... Being VERY perasan now...
biggrin.gif
lulz... wah... kangkang learn somemore new trick ah??? U so good and skillfull d ler... still wanna learn moves from falcao... wah... later kangkang become voted best fifa futsal player in malaysia... rclxms.gif

Added on October 29, 2008, 12:18 amSuperb ball control... A must watch... very skillfull with the ball...

Added on October 29, 2008, 12:24 amAnother football tips from none other than robinho!!! Njoy...

This post has been edited by ken0777: Oct 29 2008, 12:24 AM
technophile
post Oct 29 2008, 06:33 AM

@techsupremo
580 posts

well seems so many ppl here contributed to outfield player but not much on GK. biggrin.gif

i used to play as a GK for sarawak in my younger years. so i have been trained in becoming a full blooded GK. then i got older and started to play futsal as a GK too.

from what i can say, the basics is still the same. a GK MUST ALWAYS close all angles as fast as they can so that it'll be difficult for opponent to place a shot.

someone asked how to defend against a lob then volley. well, if you see it coming, chase it and punch the ball out. if not, better make sure your reflexes are quick enuff to defend the goal.

a keeper's job is not to catch the ball most of the time but to deflect shots off the goal where possible. why? because sometimes the ball is travelling too fast and trying to stop it will result in injury (i have broken a few bones in my hands before, so yeah.. very painful). so the best way (and as proven by Pepe Reina) is to deflect the ball off the goal area.

difference between big field footy and futsal is the keeper is most of the time needed to put the pressure on. so keepers must train their passing and ball control too if they want to make a difference to the team.

the ability to read your teammates is another skill that is useful if you have it. and of coz the ability to think like an attacking player, to anticipate the shots.

the best training for reflexes to me (my coach suggested to me, and i think it's quite true) is to play the air hockey thing in the arcades. i dunno where you can get this nowadays, but that game really helps in sharpen my reflexes (and badminton).

so that's about it i think in terms of playing as a GK in futsal based on my experience. i'll add more if there's question. biggrin.gif
TSken0777
post Oct 29 2008, 11:41 AM

On my way
536 posts

That's a very good tips there technophile... Alot of futsal keepers don't know that the priority at times is not to catch the ball but to punch and deflect it... Very good tips indeed.

I've notice from a comment that my friend told me last time, he was a goalie for school... he always take a tennis ball and bounce it off the wall and catch it... He says it improves eye and hand coordination for his hands.
teeque
post Nov 1 2008, 01:05 AM

MyRAWKer
637 posts

no more tips coming? biggrin.gif

TSken0777
post Nov 1 2008, 01:13 AM

On my way
536 posts

Here's some candy viewing for those who love freestyling... Enjoy... *Not much new post cause this week busy with World GameMaster Tournament 2008...

And here's some futsal skills performed during tournaments and other various places... from a clip from YouTube

Added on November 7, 2008, 12:58 pmHow to Blast a Ball! Here's a tutorial on how to strike the ball with the proper technique... Njoy!

This post has been edited by ken0777: Nov 7 2008, 12:58 PM
LittLe^MoHaN
post Nov 7 2008, 05:28 PM

35 posts

teeque: no more tips coming?

just move,pass and control the ball...then u can destroy any team..
darksider
post Nov 7 2008, 05:48 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

hey guys, thanks for your excellent tips here, I have learnt a lot!

Anyway, I have a question. I used to play futsal on a regular basis and the pitch I play on is covered with artificial grass and rubbers. Is it considered futsal? Or must the pitch be some sort like the one in NBA?
JonC
post Nov 7 2008, 05:56 PM

Forever Silenced But The Truth Will Be Told - JFT96
1,612 posts

Confirmed my suspicion that my shots are not accurate and powerful enough because my shooting stance is inconsistent. thumbup.gif Good stuff there ken777!
TSken0777
post Nov 7 2008, 06:23 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(darksider @ Nov 7 2008, 05:48 PM)
hey guys, thanks for your excellent tips here, I have learnt a lot!

Anyway, I have a question. I used to play futsal on a regular basis and the pitch I play on is covered with artificial grass and rubbers. Is it considered futsal? Or must the pitch be some sort like the one in NBA?
The turf pitch... rubber pitch...parquet pitch... plate pitch are all futsal. Futsal are played with various different pitches. Only FIFA approved pitch requires the pitch to be non-abrasive. Meaning the pitch must be solid and flat... and can't have holes and cracks.

Added on November 7, 2008, 6:33 pm
QUOTE(JonC @ Nov 7 2008, 05:56 PM)
Confirmed my suspicion that my shots are not accurate and powerful enough because my shooting stance is inconsistent.  thumbup.gif Good stuff there ken777!
Here's another tutorial on how to shoot properly, it's in japanese...

Added on November 10, 2008, 2:07 amHi there... For those who keep track of this thread, here's another tutorial video on how to dribble... Well it's in japanese but the visual itself should be sufficient in getting the message across... So enjoy...

Dribbling Tutorial Part A1

Added on November 10, 2008, 2:15 amDribbling Tutorial Part A2

Added on November 10, 2008, 2:25 amDribbling Tutorial Part B

Dribbling Tutorial Part C

Dribbling Tutorial Part D

Dribbling Tutorial Part E

This post has been edited by ken0777: Nov 10 2008, 02:25 AM
jason18689
post Nov 10 2008, 03:59 PM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

haha...
the shooting video was fun...
i saw that last year i rmbr...
that was the night before having my first 90minutes big field game...
the tutorial is good...but wasnt helpful to me sad.gif ... ppl closing down me too often lolxx...

meanwhile, i am watching the dribbling part...
let it load while i juggle my ball haha..

edited : i dont know if you guys heard it b4...they said the more you juggle, the better control you got...seriously, it improves your ball control...when it bounces on your leg, you will rougly know where it will goes when it bounces 30egrees or 45 degress of your foot...

This post has been edited by jason18689: Nov 10 2008, 04:00 PM
LittLe^MoHaN
post Nov 10 2008, 04:03 PM

35 posts

seriously guys...learn how to control,pass and move...3 simple basics could make a whole load of difference...its the traits of a very good player..

TSken0777
post Nov 10 2008, 05:29 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(LittLe^MoHaN @ Nov 10 2008, 04:03 PM)
seriously guys...learn how to control,pass and move...3 simple basics could make a whole load of difference...its the traits of a very good player..
user posted image
DukeBlue
post Nov 11 2008, 12:17 PM

6 posts

Hope this is useful to u guys biggrin.gif

http://futsal-tactics.com/

TSken0777
post Nov 11 2008, 02:46 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(DukeBlue @ Nov 11 2008, 12:17 PM)
Hope this is useful to u guys biggrin.gif

http://futsal-tactics.com/
Bro... thanks for the link that you have shared... Very good samples of tactical runs in Futsal... thumbup.gif
LittLe^MoHaN
post Nov 13 2008, 05:08 PM

35 posts

plzz do learn to pass,move n control the ball
TSken0777
post Nov 14 2008, 01:46 AM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(LittLe^MoHaN @ Nov 13 2008, 05:08 PM)
plzz do learn to pass,move n control the ball
user posted image
LittLe^MoHaN
post Nov 14 2008, 03:47 PM

35 posts

again...plzz learn how to move control and pass the ball....
Mikkiz
post Nov 14 2008, 06:36 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(LittLe^MoHaN @ Nov 14 2008, 03:47 PM)
again...plzz learn how to move control and pass the ball....
Lol .. do you have to repeat .. seriously dude .. if we're having a vocal conversation .. you would sound like a 60 year old down syndrome man .. you're like a voice recorder .. always saying the same shit ..
TSken0777
post Nov 17 2008, 12:25 PM

On my way
536 posts

Another set of video tutorials on various tricks which can be applied in football and also in futsal...

Dribble Tricks Tutorial 1

Dribble Tricks Tutorial 2

Dribble Tricks Tutorial 3

Dribble Tricks Tutorial 4

glozz
post Nov 17 2008, 12:43 PM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

Got any videos for futsal GK training? I'm 'bit short of those. Thanks.
TSken0777
post Nov 17 2008, 04:50 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(glozz @ Nov 17 2008, 12:43 PM)
Got any videos for futsal GK training? I'm 'bit short of those. Thanks.
QUOTE(ken0777 @ Oct 16 2008, 02:16 AM)
Here's the PUMA website for GOALKEEPERS. They have training tips and techniques shared by world class goalkeepers such as buffon, given, hildebrand and matt reis.

http://www.pumafootball.com/goalkeeper/
Maybe you might miss out on this post regarding goalkeeper training tips.
glozz
post Nov 17 2008, 05:13 PM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

Ermm; I mean futsal goalies. Can't use football trainings for futsal. Totally different. Some of the things that I've tried to incorporate into my training sessions based on futsal goalie training videos will make eyes pop out; as we've literally had pasers-by just stop walking and staring at us like we're a bunch of lunatics. And they're considered pretty basic stuffs by brazilian standards.

This post has been edited by glozz: Nov 17 2008, 05:16 PM
TSken0777
post Nov 17 2008, 05:35 PM

On my way
536 posts

Training clip for futsal goalies... Hope you don't break your back... Well it's actually a training for handball goalies... but it's similar...

I don't think there's much technique to learn from a goalie except improving their reflexes to save those shots. As i know passing are very important for a goalie as well beside learning to throw and roll the ball accurately. Leg passing is important coz a goalie needs to be able to pass well. Sometimes, a pass is being delivered back to him and he needs to react fast by executing a fast and accurate pass to his players.

Lastly, i wanna stress it's all about ya reflex... if ya reflex is slow... ya gonna be a sucky keeper. And having a sucky goalie means you gonna concede hell alot. The most important player in futsal is arguably the goalie for there's only 1 goalie per team while 1 team have 4 on field players. And by having a good goalie or a sucky goalie in ya team gonna give you a difference in actually having a winning team or a losing team...

This post has been edited by ken0777: Nov 18 2008, 04:16 AM
glozz
post Nov 18 2008, 10:34 AM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

Hmm; watched that video last time. Nothing new; since the training emphasis is different because handball doesn't require goalies to dive; and you can't shoot within the D box. Thus; not much emphasis given on physical conditioning and one-on-one techniques. Here's some of what I have; but like I mentioned; online for me doesn't have much sources of videos for futsal goalkeeping training:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qm5u_te...ut-futsal_sport

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/index.h.../1048576/685200

Actually; you'll be surprised that in goalkeeping reflexes are important; but not that important. Anticipation and how you use your reflexes; recovery and positioning especially are of much higher importance. Thus the focus of futsal goalkeeping trainings are actually on getting used to mixing divings with one-on-ones; recoveries; body positioning; body movements; proper hand and catching techniques; proper one-on-one techniques; proper diving techniques; fitness and etc. etc. The belief is that with these focus; reflexes will naturally improve.

That's why keepers naturally get better as they age; even though their reflexes get slower. With experience; they learn how to use their reflexes wisely and only when required 'cause reflexes are a double edged sword; 'cause once you commit to a dive or a save; you're left exposed until you recover. Thus; it's the application of when to dive and use the reflexes that is more important than reflexes; per se.

The rest of my videos are on a DVD I bought online together with Howard for use with our training couple of months ago. It really was an eye-opener and a pain in our bodies for us; at that time.

This post has been edited by glozz: Nov 18 2008, 10:46 AM
TSken0777
post Nov 18 2008, 11:17 AM

On my way
536 posts

I don't see why you say you are short on futsal GK videos then. Looks pretty completo and alot of tips to me.

If you can follow and execute those techniques mentioned, i see there's no problem in being a very good futsal goalie.

But it think those tips still proof to be useful to those who wants to know how to improve their goal keeping.

Well, my college futsal keeper he's a pretty decent futsal goalie so to say, he does have a special training to train up his reflexes. He goes for hockey goalie training everyweek for i think he's in the malaysian draft hockey player for goalie.
glozz
post Nov 18 2008, 11:30 AM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

Nolarr; I'm always on the lookout for new vids marr; since you happen to seem to have alot of them... tongue.gif

You know; you always learn new things marr in life.. So; just trying to learn lorr. Hmm; maybe hockey goalies need reflexes training larr; 'cause the puck's so small. I got invited to join an Ice Hockey team in the Malaysian Ice Hockey league last time; and yeah, they do focus on reflexes quite a 'bit; 'cause you're holding a stick at the same time.
xsan
post Nov 18 2008, 11:45 AM

Ouh Emm Gee I Can Edit This Nao
1,020 posts

the key to be a good goalkeeper is focus and fast reflex..
must be aware about ur team mate cuz u can see all movement from behind..
also dont be so cocky to dribble ball to other side..
1 more thing make sure u got proper gear for goalkeeper..
try use long pants cuz futsal surface can damage ur skins while trying to save a ball..
short pants are nice but must equip shin protector or knee protector to avoid serious injuiry...

my technique..
stay on "kekuda laugh.gif " and dive to biggest opening..
try catch the ball or punch it away from opponents..
gewd luck wink.gif
Prince of Andalus
post Nov 18 2008, 12:21 PM

Casual
365 posts

i usually play as a setter in volleyball, nak tak nak second ball in my volleyball is my ball whether it is far for u or not...
my hand reflex must be good to do that...
when i play goalkeeper in futsal, my frens said my hand reflex is fast becoz i played volleyball regularly.. laugh.gif
but i hate playing goalkeeper in futsal... i also hate playing as a setter in volleyball but i'm only 162cm, can't spike so sharp.... no choice laugh.gif

LittLe^MoHaN
post Nov 18 2008, 03:20 PM

35 posts

videos or coaching 30%...the rest practice, practice,practice...70% practice...
mervinho
post Nov 18 2008, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

I've been playing futsal for more than 5 years. I watch football matches and videos on the internet and learn the skills. Just watch and learn from the pros. Then practice with friends and join tournaments to gain experience. It works for me.
LittLe^MoHaN
post Nov 18 2008, 03:57 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(mervinho @ Nov 18 2008, 03:52 PM)
I've been playing futsal for more than 5 years. I watch football matches and videos on the internet and learn the skills. Just watch and learn from the pros. Then practice with friends and join tournaments to gain experience. It works for me.
5 years...thats quite long...do u hav a team?..need players?....anyway...alot of players nowadays loves to watch these videos n all...but lacks practice..practice is sooo damn important...i used to train like crazy...go back home..watch game..next day train...train...train..train....then i would usually join teams n go for tournaments to gain experience...players nowadays..watch videos...go play with friends...how to improve like that...
Duke Red
post Nov 18 2008, 04:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,112 posts

It really depends on how seriously you want to take the sport. I used to practice with the team 3 times a week, 2 hours per session back when I played for them. It would consist purely of physical training and drills. Only near the end of each session would we have a kickabout. This was when I actively played in tournaments of course and how we prepared for the MFL a few years back. Even then we only finished second behind Steven's Corner FC. Not sure if they still have a team. But yeah, nothing beats actual training and conditioning plays a big role.
LittLe^MoHaN
post Nov 18 2008, 05:27 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(Duke Red @ Nov 18 2008, 04:02 PM)
It really depends on how seriously you want to take the sport. I used to practice with the team 3 times a week, 2 hours per session back when I played for them. It would consist purely of physical training and drills. Only near the end of each session would we have a kickabout. This was when I actively played in tournaments of course and how we prepared for the MFL a few years back. Even then we only finished second behind Steven's Corner FC. Not sure if they still have a team. But yeah, nothing beats actual training and conditioning plays a big role.
well said...now they are waikiki's...
TSken0777
post Nov 20 2008, 03:21 AM

On my way
536 posts

Those who wish to get some ideas in giving somebody the panna aka 20cents or more known as kangkang, here's a simple video tutorial to give you some idea of how the trick is made.

darythlee
post Nov 20 2008, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(LittLe^MoHaN @ Nov 18 2008, 03:57 PM)
5 years...thats quite long...do u hav a team?..need players?....anyway...alot of players nowadays loves to watch these videos n all...but lacks practice..practice is sooo damn important...i used to train like crazy...go back home..watch game..next day train...train...train..train....then i would usually join teams n go for tournaments to gain experience...players nowadays..watch videos...go play with friends...how to improve like that...
check out ur photo on pg 18 Malaysian Today issue 275. Top right. I tink it's u..though quite blur lar the pic
LittLe^MoHaN
post Nov 20 2008, 02:41 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(darythlee @ Nov 20 2008, 11:00 AM)
check out ur photo on pg 18 Malaysian Today issue 275. Top right. I tink it's u..though quite blur lar the pic
gimme the website...
popsoul
post Nov 21 2008, 03:52 PM

不死鳥
2,358 posts

QUOTE(ken0777 @ Nov 20 2008, 03:21 AM)
Those who wish to get some ideas in giving somebody the panna aka 20cents or more known as kangkang, here's a simple video tutorial to give you some idea of how the trick is made.

Good video boss. cool2.gif

I love fancy stuff in futsal but then i realize that you have to physically strong presence and stamina is the essence especially for "smokers".

Teamwork is very important and to achieve better understanding, a team must work together really hard to know each other. I managed to encounter a very strong and humble team, which is glozz's team. smile.gif
LittLe^MoHaN
post Nov 21 2008, 04:03 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(popsoul @ Nov 21 2008, 03:52 PM)
Good video boss.  cool2.gif

I love fancy stuff in futsal but then i realize that you have to physically strong presence and stamina is the essence especially for "smokers".

Teamwork is very important and to achieve better understanding, a team must work together really hard to know each other. I managed to encounter a very strong and humble team, which is glozz's team.  smile.gif
lolz...
Duke Red
post Nov 21 2008, 04:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,112 posts

QUOTE(popsoul @ Nov 21 2008, 03:52 PM)
Same goes for drinkers, especially those that drink at least 4 times a week smile.gif
popsoul
post Nov 21 2008, 04:42 PM

不死鳥
2,358 posts

Boozer, perhaps? biggrin.gif

Hard to find myself can survive more than 3 matches in a row unless i played goalie.

Unless i bring apparatus. The beauty of smoking after the futsal session i just can't escape from at the mean time. F*** doh.gif

TSken0777
post Dec 1 2008, 10:31 AM

On my way
536 posts

Long time, since i post any videos on futsal/football, so here's one...

mrfal
post Dec 5 2008, 05:15 AM

8 posts

If you had a lot of money go to England... for field Another 3 years I be 18 going to play for Leeds United.
darythlee
post Dec 5 2008, 08:24 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(mrfal @ Dec 5 2008, 05:15 AM)
If you had a lot of money go to England... for field Another 3 years I be 18 going to play for Leeds United.
U for real?
slyyoung
post Dec 5 2008, 09:39 AM

'sup.
1,154 posts

QUOTE(mrfal @ Dec 5 2008, 05:15 AM)
Leeds United in 3 years, u sure there's still a Leeds United 3 years later ar, haha
Zan81
post Dec 5 2008, 04:44 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

My personal tip: Avoid gaining 15kg over the space of 7 years.

Obviously (to those who know me), I don't practise what I preach...

TSken0777
post Dec 31 2008, 11:58 AM

On my way
536 posts

Wishing all readers of this thread a crazy New Year's Eve... and paarrtttayyy till the NEW YEAR!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!! and 2008 can get the fuk off!!!
TSken0777
post Mar 1 2009, 08:20 PM

On my way
536 posts

2 months has just gone by like in a flash... Hope to see this thread become alive back...

Regards,
Kennee
benedictHHH
post Mar 2 2009, 04:15 PM

Emo Mode | ON
1,597 posts

ya man .. i miss ur posts brows.gif
waile
post Mar 2 2009, 04:17 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(benedictHHH @ Mar 2 2009, 04:15 PM)
ya man .. i miss ur posts brows.gif
are u hinting u miss his pole? unsure.gif

EyraYus
post Mar 3 2009, 09:02 PM

sTRe3tHunt3R
2,151 posts

as for me I prefer a more straightforward kind of play. I play mainly as defender and spreading the play is more specialty, thus I dont really need insane skill.. all I need is an eye to see open play..

that is just an excuse..I really love to do fancy skill in every game.. Just make sure its not going to turn into an embarrassment.. but my leg a bit "hard" for some kind of sotong skill..
yoecr7
post Mar 3 2009, 10:00 PM

18 posts

for me mindset helps alot other than practice. before going on the court,i'll set my mind first. depends on the situation whether i'll play for fun or to develop my skills etc. sometimes fancying myself as a pro helps but just have to make sure i dont overdo it. sweat.gif
naq_saviola
post Mar 4 2009, 05:31 PM

Casual
394 posts

make some run, fake, 1-2 pass, it will be better... thumbup.gif
boxsystem
post Mar 4 2009, 09:21 PM

Legend
1,573 posts

For me,

1) Concertration
2) Footballing brain
3) Stamina

You need item number 1 for reading the opponents play.
You need item number 2 on how to counter attack them with your play.
You need item number 3 to cope with both attacking and defending.

Although, I would say 1 and 2 would be sufficient.
yoecr7
post Mar 4 2009, 10:37 PM

18 posts

yeah i agree stamina also counts.i remember my coach said,if u have enough stamina,u can do anything on the field.
EyraYus
post Mar 6 2009, 08:14 PM

sTRe3tHunt3R
2,151 posts

Most important thing as a defender (I`m a defender...wat to do..have the worst skill)

1) Positioning. Even its 2 against 1 (you) with good positioning u can easyly take the ball away. And intercepting pass

2) Eye for open play. Getting the ball away from opposition strikers is useless, if you cant convert that possession into an quick attack. And of coz u need understanding team mate too to make the run.. I lack that..

3) Stay calm laugh.gif You need that
ketapang_inn
post Mar 7 2009, 02:09 PM

7 posts

i play as attacker for my team.played 2 hours a week,and at least 1 friendly match or 1 futsal tournament per month.

1-lots of stamina.

2-when my team are attacking,my side always faces last opponent defender.my front should be my opponent goal keeper

3-when my team are defending,always pressure opponent last defender.my back always faces last opponent defender,my front should be my team goal keeper

since i was a sprinter my team will play counter attack tactic
my team other striker should be a dribbler.and ready to make a killer past or thru past. when my team are leading 2+,i will be replaced by
midfielder that good at ball controlling.

so we can control the game by positioning,and passing ourself without lose the ball.

most of time we play 1 defender,1 midfielder 1 support striker and 1 ace striker.when we are leading or already make thru to second round the formation should be 2 defender and 2 defensive midfielder.

This post has been edited by ketapang_inn: Mar 7 2009, 02:15 PM
blinky
post Mar 7 2009, 02:18 PM

Relax, just trust me.
2,633 posts

I play a free-role for my team. I usually play upfront but I roam both flanks and down in the middle as well. My team plays total football so we don't really have a fixated position but I generally play up front. But since I was bestowed with the sacred No. 9 jersey, I've been entrusted with the task to score goals and most of the time I find myself playing as a lone striker.

I've represented my high school and college teams in both field and futsal football. I was the youngest player in the Selangor League professional football when I was only 17 years old. Now I'm 24 and I just play futsal for leisure on Sunday mornings with my team named Saintz FC. We do join tournaments once in awhile and we won the Sports Barn Adidas League second pool just recently. smile.gif

The type of gameplay I'd suggest for a free-role player/playmaker:

1) Running at defenders. My favourite kind of play. Backheels, nutmegs, Marseille Roulette and more. Of course added with a little of showboating. I've been a keen fan of dribbling ever since I could kick a ball and now I'm pretty confident with dribbling past defenders.

2) Vision. A through pass is the easiest way to unlock the entire defence. One good pass and you'll send the striker through on goal.

3) Holding the ball. Panic and fear is one thing you need to eliminate from the game. Always be calm and plan your moves 2 steps ahead of everyone.

smile.gif

SUSYuka Yuka
post Mar 7 2009, 02:33 PM

4 stars 4 virgins
599 posts

My favourite is to fake a move to make space for a through pass. But most of the times even my teammates didn't see it coming zzz too fake already lol
ketapang_inn
post Mar 7 2009, 02:49 PM

7 posts

wow cool moves,my only move were the matthews and stepover,sometime double or triple sciscors,no showboat until we are leading
Andrea1980
post Apr 14 2009, 02:04 PM

0 posts

Hi guys,

Since most of you sounds like play futsal, I was wandering if you know how I can join a team. I live in Gombak
, so anywhere around the area would be useful. Thanks!!!

BTW, I think that the most important thing in football is your mind set and confidence. With that, you can do anything!!

I hope to hear back from someone soon!!

naq_saviola
post Apr 15 2009, 12:46 AM

Casual
394 posts

stamina?its quiet important,
but if u nervous, u will lost a lot of stamina..
control the game, and take confident nod.gif
TSken0777
post Apr 15 2009, 02:13 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(naq_saviola @ Apr 15 2009, 12:46 AM)
stamina?its quiet important,
but if u nervous, u will lost a lot of stamina..
control the game, and take confident nod.gif
Yes...stamina is very important too... but from what i see... the team's teamwork....plays a very vital role...and always to be good in positioning... find an open area and run to it... and constantly move away from your marker...
hsienhsien
post Apr 26 2009, 09:32 PM

Safe Trader
1,490 posts

i hope i can score more goals in a game, wat steps i need to take?
munky
post Apr 27 2009, 10:47 PM

Regular
1,971 posts

QUOTE(boxsystem @ Mar 4 2009, 09:21 PM)
For me,

1) Concertration
2) Footballing brain
3) Stamina

the only thing that differentiates me and cristiano ronaldo is no. 3

tongue.gif
klampers
post Apr 30 2009, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
126 posts

me to...

only no 3 differentiates us....
hahaha

Roux
post May 2 2009, 06:12 PM

27 posts

If you're a striker, try to take first timer shots. Do things defenders expect you not to do.
jason18689
post May 3 2009, 03:38 PM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

QUOTE(boxsystem @ Mar 4 2009, 09:21 PM)
For me,

1) Concertration
2) Footballing brain
3) Stamina

Stamina is important thumbup.gif
But since i run threadmill for the past 3months, i gain have BIGGER lungs tongue.gif
Pace oso important...My pace sucks rolleyes.gif
its hard to train my pace..anyone does know how to train ?
QUOTE(Roux @ May 2 2009, 06:12 PM)
If you're a striker, try to take first timer shots. Do things defenders expect you not to do.
video tutorial ! thumbup.gif
yoecr7
post May 3 2009, 08:23 PM

18 posts

i just had probably the worst futsal session of my life..played with some new guys.hardly had any communication on the pitch, miss pass almost everytime etc etc and ended up having stomach cramp.
nshady
post May 23 2009, 08:53 AM

Casual
354 posts

I want to ask usually the shoes we buy from local shops(bata , slippers in size 8,9,10) are they in us or uk ?

Example my school shoes from BATA is size 9. Is it US size?
TSken0777
post May 23 2009, 11:51 AM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(nshady @ May 23 2009, 08:53 AM)
I want to ask usually the shoes we buy from local shops(bata , slippers in size 8,9,10) are they in us or uk ?

Example my school shoes from BATA is size 9. Is it US size?
Bata shoes are in UK size...
nshady
post May 23 2009, 02:32 PM

Casual
354 posts

then those slippers like crocs ... converse sandals...size 9 is usa le..

and when u get nike shoes...all in usa also i think

This post has been edited by nshady: May 23 2009, 02:41 PM
TSken0777
post May 23 2009, 02:42 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(nshady @ May 23 2009, 02:32 PM)
then those slippers like crocs ... converse sandals...size 9 is usa le..
They will write... if the measurements are UK or US... u just need to flip and see inside... if there's no indication... simple... just ask the shop sales person to get the feet measurement equipment and measure ur feet size... It's stated there the size in US and also in UK
jason18689
post May 23 2009, 10:57 PM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
bad bad bad news...
the spot where i always play...
they increased their price...

they tot they are telco company..
now flat rate... morning afternoon evening night also same price...
rm110 per hour zzzzzz...
the futsal centre called as Score Arena at Kuchai Lama...

gotta change place d....
now finding one....but, i miss this court sad.gif
dats the place where we got together and played for 5 years sad.gif

Erozx`
post May 23 2009, 11:40 PM

9 posts

guys know any place that i can buy long sleeve sport shirts? Those body fit ones. I went to those retail sport shops like nike and adidas and none of them seem to have it. Im in need of a long sleeve jersey ! btw i play futsal for RM30perhour =D
gsrc
post Jul 3 2009, 04:09 PM

Casual
396 posts

Guys can share some lights on how to defend a good dribbler? Should I just rush in and pressure or keep following him and close down the gap for shooting?
yoecr7
post Jul 3 2009, 04:21 PM

18 posts

U can follow him and close down the gap. put some effort in that so he'll have hard time to dribble/pass. well, sometimes u can just commit a tackle or what i call 'paruk'. these kind of players know that there's price to pay with their fancy skills. give em some rough treatment. tongue.gif
nshady
post Jul 3 2009, 04:26 PM

Casual
354 posts

You can follow him and close the gap but make sure there is someone to cover from behind.
miketee
post Jul 3 2009, 04:27 PM

Casual
483 posts

Urmmm... keep your eyes on the ball and not on the strikers' body and legs?
EyraYus
post Jul 4 2009, 10:12 PM

sTRe3tHunt3R
2,151 posts

QUOTE(gsrc @ Jul 3 2009, 04:09 PM)
Guys can share some lights on how to defend a good dribbler? Should I just rush in and pressure or keep following him and close down the gap for shooting?
Dont ever rush against a good dribbler, he will easily get past you coz..er..he`s good..

Just follow him and try to close any gap for him to shoot/pass. It might not be a good sight...but its better then getting beaten and eventually letting him score a goal..

and yeah as Sir miketee say dont ever look at opponent body coz thats the main part used to fool defenders...

No futsal tonite cry.gif Damn la those lazy human being..
tr|n|ty
post Jul 5 2009, 11:12 PM

kuukuukuu
787 posts

QUOTE(EyraYus @ Jul 4 2009, 10:12 PM)
Dont ever rush against a good dribbler, he will easily get past you coz..er..he`s good..

Just follow him and try to close any gap for him to shoot/pass. It might not be a good sight...but its better then getting beaten and eventually letting him score a goal..

and yeah as Sir miketee say dont ever look at opponent body coz thats the main part used to fool defenders...

No futsal tonite cry.gif Damn la those lazy human being..
i'm a defender as well. defending needs experience. a good dribbler will always try to confuse you but i also try to confuse him. sometimes it's good to just to "follow" him and closing the gap because what EyraYus said is true, "he will easily get past you". if you have much experience, you know when to fake a defending move towards the striker and push back to counter react his movement. but of course one needs high agility for this case.

beckzaidan
post Jul 7 2009, 10:32 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

i play a defensive game as well. sort of anchorman in my team. for me, the right thing to do, is to force him wide if the dribler coming from the centre field. force him wide, close the gap a lil bit, but never put a challenge, he'll easily pass u coz he has the speed an advantage to do so where he can change direction quite easily with the pace and ball. force him to go wide, and make sure ur team mates run back to defend. if not, it will be easily 2/3 attacker on 1 defender situation. if u know which side is his weaker side, force him to go to the side where he has no advantage on using his good feet to shoot.

if u wanna challenge for the ball, try tricking him like making a move like u want to get the ball, but then stop and see his reaction to it, do it twice than try to get the ball, as he moves closer, he'll be distracted by ur gesture. susah nak explain la yang ni... demo senang la... if wanna cheat and rough treatment easy, run towards the dribler, and then stand your ground. or use the dreaded back foot swipe. hahhahah....

for me, futsal doesnt need to be played with neat tricks all the time. showboating just cool if u r leading like 5-0. simple direct play is what good team are based on.

QUOTE(tr|n|ty @ Jul 5 2009, 11:12 PM)
i'm a defender as well. defending needs experience. a good dribbler will always try to confuse you but  i also try to confuse him. sometimes it's good to just to "follow" him and closing the gap because what EyraYus said is true, "he will easily get past you". if you have much experience, you know when to fake a defending move towards the striker and push back to counter react his movement. but of course one needs high agility for this case.
bakry
post Aug 3 2009, 03:36 PM

Casual
385 posts

Near my house, the community centre has a futsal court (turf type). RM40 per hour oni. But only one court, so kena booking awal
cyrixMII300
post Aug 20 2009, 12:48 AM

48 posts

hi guys, i am just back in msia for holidays. gonna be here only for 2 weeks till the 31st and would love to play futsal or football every single day if possible. wherever in kl/pj it might be after 6pm.

if any of you need any players, please let me know. i really appreciate your help guys.

you can either let me know here or drop me a PM.

thanks
nimrod2
post Aug 21 2009, 04:36 PM

the imba one
2,521 posts

i play on sunday 9pm @ sports planet sunway smile.gif

u're free to join.
stsh90
post Oct 12 2009, 11:24 PM

Enthusiast
824 posts

A very good thread. Found it last nite and took my time to read through the posts and watched the videos till now. lol. Now I can probably try a formation or two with my friends when we're playing =)

2kia
post Oct 13 2009, 01:44 AM

Custom member title?
1,985 posts

greetings ppl!

most of you here are based in kl right?

are da courts there mostly hard surface? like those basketball/badminton courts.

cuz here in penang it's all astro turf, and most ppl here play wit..well, firm ground football boots.. will flat sole or turf ones give better effect as to grip on da surface as well as da ball?
beckzaidan
post Oct 13 2009, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

actually, astro turf pun tak boleh pakai normal football boots. its against the policy of the football court. but the customer never follow rules so they wear football boots. but u already know there's football shoes made to cater the astro turf...

i play at mak mandin, and wear flat sole futsal shoes. the grip ok la. different a lot la if wearing blades or 6 studs. but thats a no-no for me...

QUOTE(2kia @ Oct 13 2009, 01:44 AM)
greetings ppl!

most of you here are based in kl right?

are da courts there mostly hard surface? like those basketball/badminton courts.

cuz here in penang it's all astro turf, and most ppl here play wit..well, firm ground football boots.. will flat sole or turf ones give better effect as to grip on da surface as well as da ball?
Kerplunk
post Oct 13 2009, 01:17 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
Elite
796 posts

hot strategy tip here for u guys! fresh off the pan : when u play futsal and bring your equipment bag in with you into the court, place it on top of the crossbar. so you won't end up with cracked handphone screens courtesy of ali/ah seng/raju's wicked piledriver that missed the goal by a mile but was on target for your bag. laugh.gif
2kia
post Oct 13 2009, 02:56 PM

Custom member title?
1,985 posts

QUOTE(beckzaidan @ Oct 13 2009, 10:17 AM)
actually, astro turf pun tak boleh pakai normal football boots. its against the policy of the football court. but the customer never follow rules so they wear football boots. but u already know there's football shoes made to cater the astro turf...

i play at mak mandin, and wear flat sole futsal shoes. the grip ok la. different a lot la if wearing blades or 6 studs. but thats a no-no for me...
heyo, i usually play at gembira parade, green lane there.

do u have a team or a group of friends wanting to play?

i'd love to play weekly.

btw, x slippery ke pakai flat sole kat astro turf?

mak mandin tu kat seberang?

sometimes i do go over to bola2 to play there.

x sama tempat?

p/s: pm feature a bit sot sot hence da reply here. doh.gif
beckzaidan
post Oct 13 2009, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

sbnrnya, astro turf yg i selalu main, management dia akan tabur those tiny liltle black rubber (friend claims its plastik tayar kereta) to make it unslippery and got traction. pasir halus juga banyak membantu.
Zidanekaka
post Oct 27 2009, 09:03 PM

0 posts

hey this is a real useful forum..u guys rock.
i started with football coz my area had no futsal pitch but it did come up last year..
can anyone tell me how to improve my futsal skills when i'm alone? thanks! biggrin.gif
nimrod2
post Oct 28 2009, 07:12 AM

the imba one
2,521 posts

QUOTE(Zidanekaka @ Oct 27 2009, 09:03 PM)
i started with football coz my area had no futsal pitch but it did come up last year..
can anyone tell me how to improve my futsal skills when i'm alone? thanks!  biggrin.gif
play with yourself tongue.gif
Violetlicious
post Nov 8 2009, 05:17 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(jason18689 @ May 23 2009, 10:57 PM)
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
bad bad bad news...
the spot where i always play...
they increased their price...

they tot they are telco company..
now flat rate... morning afternoon evening night also same price...
rm110 per hour zzzzzz...
the futsal centre called as Score Arena at Kuchai Lama...

gotta change place d....
now finding one....but, i miss this court sad.gif
dats the place where we got together and played for 5 years sad.gif
lol i play in there so long but never heard rm110 this kind of thing. the blue middle court with basketball also no rm110 i think =.=
nshady
post Nov 29 2009, 02:51 AM

Casual
354 posts

Would be nice to have tips + videos. smile.gif
dave_dagame
post Feb 21 2010, 12:16 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(nimrod2 @ Oct 28 2009, 07:12 AM)
play with yourself tongue.gif
For me, just dribble around the house. Try moves, tricks and flicks.. Just be careful not to break anything. I broke 2 glass tables so far. thumbup.gif Juggling helps too, really makes you confident when moving the ball.
YaDimon
post Mar 16 2010, 05:02 PM

0 posts

Hi guys. Great topic and very useful tips.
Can you give me any tips how to use team pressing and how to play when your opponent team is using it against you?
kahwei
post Mar 29 2010, 01:13 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(Zidanekaka @ Oct 27 2009, 09:03 PM)
can anyone tell me how to improve my futsal skills when i'm alone? thanks!  biggrin.gif
haha..let's train 2gether la..i also wan to improve my futsal freestyle skills..hehe..=D..

Added on March 29, 2010, 1:17 amHi guys, dun mind i tumpang here abit ah..haha..=S..i am also interested in improving my futsal skills especially freestyle skills..xD..So now finding people to form a team to train and share various skills 2gther..Anyone interested??BTW, this is my members recruiting page...http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1370985..Feel free to take a look..happy.gif..

This post has been edited by kahwei: Mar 29 2010, 01:20 AM
spirinellio
post Mar 30 2010, 06:29 PM

7 posts

find a wall and play passing with it. this is a surefire way to use both feet and to learn to trap the ball well. improves one touch too.

all the kids in UK do this.
kwyap11
post Apr 6 2010, 11:01 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(YaDimon @ Mar 16 2010, 05:02 PM)
Hi guys. Great topic and very useful tips.
Can you give me any tips how to use team pressing and how to play when your opponent team is using it against you?
In my humble opinion, good shooting skill is relevant to winning games in futsal. Of course dribbling is essential because it helps to bring the ball forward and open up some space but this can be offset with some good run and accurate passes. I prefer to keep dribbling to minimal emphasizing on moving the ball around and player movement.

Probably the next important element is about defending. The equation to successful defending has got to do with how good the players and opponents. A good defender means you can adopt 1-3. But if both teams equal, perhaps 2-2. Finally, if your team is constantly under pressured, you got little choise but to opt for 3-1. How defenders position themselves against their opponents, body movement, involvement of GK, all these add up to good defensive skills. Note that the advantage of having good defenders means increases the chances of ball possession.

Finally, know your team. Know who fit the best position. Sometimes, there is also sacrifice which is unavoidable, putting 1 or even 2 players (that's a big change considering there are only 5 players in futsal) out-of-regular-position in order to counter the opponent (due to speed, dribbling skills, stamina or strength). Knowing your team also means knowing each others movement on the pitch.

Above are just my personal experience. Hope this helps a bit.

This post has been edited by kwyap11: Apr 6 2010, 11:13 AM
bryanleeyf
post Sep 7 2010, 09:35 PM

9 posts

Always stand goal-side of the opponent. It's sometimes natural to follow your opponent closely thats why its safer to keep a distance.
Always stand side-facing ur opponent, and not head on. This allows you to maneuver left or right quickly especially when your marking a really good dribbler.
Always overlooked: Aggression
Don't be shy going for tackles or even blocks, even if you know the person shooting has Gerrard-resque power. It's your job as a defender. When going for the tackle, position the in-side or out-side of ur foot between the ball and your opponent, and follow up with your thighs and ankles 'between' the dribbler and the ball. That way, you have the ball, and because of the position of your legs, your opponent wouldn't have ample space to counter possess since you're a step ahead at shielding the ball with part of your body. Tips i learned from how Roy Keane tackles.
jason18689
post Sep 7 2010, 09:49 PM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

One quick question...
Tackling in futsal is not allowed...

I always think that, when your butt touches the ground while you tackle, that`s prohibited... right?
Else, how do we know tackling in futsal is now allowed?
buzzfizz
post Sep 7 2010, 10:28 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

Just dont slide tackle, stand tackle is okay wink.gif

I thought you can wear boots on astros? I always wear boots when I play on astros back in the UK.
bryanleeyf
post Sep 7 2010, 10:29 PM

9 posts

Technically, when you challenge for the ball, standing or sliding, it's called tackling.
Obviously sliding is prohibited, I'm not sure about the butt part. Like, what If i did a legitimately good standing tackle, but somehow I lose balance and fall on my butt? I think logic dictates it's not a foul since we know first hand the tackler wasn't going in for the slide, but I guess it's still up to the referee to decide.
Hopefully someone could clarify on this.

jason18689
post Sep 11 2010, 05:44 PM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

Cuz i hate opponent sliding tackle me like he is playing big field football..
The fact is we are all inside a futsal court..
Somehow, mayb different people different rules...

EyraYus
post Sep 11 2010, 06:17 PM

sTRe3tHunt3R
2,151 posts

QUOTE(jason18689 @ Sep 11 2010, 05:44 PM)
Cuz i hate opponent sliding tackle me like he is playing big field football..
The fact is we are all inside a futsal court..
Somehow, mayb different people different rules...
Sliding tackle is not allowed, standing tackle is ok. Anyone slide just tell him that its illegal..
jason18689
post Sep 12 2010, 12:10 AM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

QUOTE(EyraYus @ Sep 11 2010, 06:17 PM)
Sliding tackle is not allowed, standing tackle is ok. Anyone slide just tell him that its illegal..
Exactly..
But some numbnuts said different things..
cuz ocassionally me and my team will fight with anon team at their own futsal centre..
some of them were pretty lansi by saying "play at our court, play with our rules"... rclxub.gif
longamwai
post Sep 12 2010, 02:02 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

ermm..when i play FIFA pitch...not in a cage...i slide tackle but no one seems to complain...lol din noe it was illegal...
EyraYus
post Sep 12 2010, 02:34 AM

sTRe3tHunt3R
2,151 posts

QUOTE(jason18689 @ Sep 12 2010, 12:10 AM)
Exactly..
But some numbnuts said different things..
cuz ocassionally me and my team will fight with anon team at their own futsal centre..
some of them were pretty lansi by saying "play at our court, play with our rules"...  rclxub.gif
i usually answer that kind of dumb remarks, with a string of even dumber tackle biggrin.gif

argh..really miss futsal...stop playing after shoulder surgery since March, now shoulder nearly ok.. I crack my ankle pulak rclxub.gif doh.gif

miss playing any sport altogether..
richassrepublican
post Sep 13 2010, 02:50 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(EyraYus @ Sep 12 2010, 02:34 AM)
i usually answer that kind of dumb remarks, with a string of even dumber tackle biggrin.gif

argh..really miss futsal...stop playing after shoulder surgery since March, now shoulder nearly ok.. I crack my ankle pulak  rclxub.gif  doh.gif

miss playing any sport altogether..
Lol agreed. They whack you, whack them back only. See how they like it.
Soulfree
post Sep 13 2010, 04:02 PM

1 posts

Hey guys...my sports shoe jz broken last saturday during a futsal match...T.T
So, i wanna ask u guys, what brand of futsal boots is cheap yet the durability is very good....? Any suggestion..?
ChristofferL
post Nov 17 2010, 01:21 AM

0 posts

[quote]

2. STEP AND ROLL THE BALL! Yes... step! Stepping the ball is the best way to stop the ball! Not blocking it via using your inner feet. If possible, always step the ball to stop the ball. Why? Cause by stepping on the ball as you receive the pass, you can simultaneously roll the ball forward. THIS MOVE ALONE SAVES ALOT OF TIME! Step and roll... If you notice alot of good players tend to dribble the ball using the step and roll method? This method is a very lethal method for every futsal player to master as it improves your time to receive the ball and move forward. Step and roll also can be a basic skill to evade tackles and to cut pass your opponent. Various dribbling skills are an extension of the step and roll technique.

One quastion. If you playing futsal during winter and regular football rest of the year, do you still recomend to step on the ball and roll? Not often u use this during regular football.
InstantRetard
post Nov 25 2010, 10:27 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

step and roll ?
i thought cushioning should be better ? as sometimes stopping the ball completely is quite bad is it not ?
headhunter7
post Nov 25 2010, 11:33 PM

Armed Shredder
2,355 posts

If you guys see even EPL , some and probably most of the players use the step and roll on the ball. Works even better in futsal, and if you have quick feet, you can double the step & roll, fools the opposing player.
shazwanshah45
post Dec 30 2010, 02:24 PM

22 posts

hye..tq guys 4 all ur tips..n i would to share with u guys
hafidzky
post Jan 16 2011, 08:38 AM

0 posts

yeah..futsal..heheh
dundermifflin
post Jan 16 2011, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
237 posts

ive to admit, im not really into futsal. cause i believe im very physical player, aggressive and rough. i cant dribble and not fancy any catchy skills etc. im totally rely on my physical presence and i believe ive a good stamina. i love to shoot (with power) and play with simple passes.

i definitely prefer regular field football.

ive a question esp for amateurish futsal goer.. do u all getting annoy if your teammate (or opponents) love to shoot (with power)? let say he's very good at it (let say his shooting accuracy 99% on target)
mini12
post Jan 16 2011, 04:44 PM

20 posts

playing futsal yes step and roll the ball, and playing on the pitch (football) are better using inner and outer foot as u hv more space on running..
asepa
post Jan 18 2011, 06:32 PM

Casual
380 posts

anyone up to futsal tournament?
please click this link! thanks a lot. biggrin.gif

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1722418
fcuk90
post Jan 21 2011, 03:36 AM

ef eg ek es
7,863 posts

QUOTE(dundermifflin @ Jan 16 2011, 12:37 PM)
ive to admit, im not really into futsal. cause i believe im very physical player, aggressive and rough. i cant dribble and not fancy any catchy skills etc. im totally rely on my physical presence and i believe ive a good stamina. i love to shoot (with power) and play with simple passes.

ive a question esp for amateurish futsal goer.. do u all getting annoy if your teammate (or opponents) love to shoot (with power)? let say he's very good at it (let say his shooting accuracy 99% on target)
i always like to close him down , and block those shot . biggrin.gif
nzboy
post Jan 23 2011, 09:53 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(dundermifflin @ Jan 16 2011, 01:37 PM)

If he scores constantly or is on target why not? but of course be sensible and unselfish, unless your opponent keeper is doing tai chi at the goal post I doubt you're gonna score all the time even if Its on target, so most likely yes people will get annoyed.

I don't know bout you but I actually think.. a good physical presence and nice simple passes makes you a great futsal player.

There is one thing which I get super annoyed when playing futsal tho, and I think its a simple tip for defending but often people don't do it.

Alot of people during corners don't watch the opposing players, but instead pick a spot, stand there hoping the ball will come to them even tho they've got opposing players ready to run in or even next to them.

The other one is people who stand in open spaces when the opponent keeper has the ball instead of marking down the free players

But that said.. I am sometimes guilty of the stated mistakes above shakehead.gif shakehead.gif
Have I been mistaken in those situations?
niuchin
post Feb 26 2011, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

Sorry I am rejuvenating this thread again. Oft times I wanted to post here but never got around to doing so.

Hope I can make some contributions.

How many of you all watch the 2008 KL World 5's tournament at the stadium? Sad to say there was not a big crowd given that it was World Class Tournament.
If you didn't you wasted the opportunity.

We were mismatched against the likes of team Argentina (the Finalist beaten by Falcoa's team)

A few pointers I gleaned from watching Argentina vs Malaysia. It goes without saying that in terms of quality we were mismatched individually.
But to be mismatched in quantity?
Let me clarify.

When we attacked our GK were not involved in their half while the Argies attacked oftentimes they had their goalie 'quarterbacking' them.

A mantra that I always preached or coached to my players is that never let the team be mismatched especially in defending. Why do you think Barca is successful especially in their '3 sec' retrieving the ball back from their opponent and in their offensive?

The major point I want to make is that in indoor football especially futsal the GK has to work in tandem in attack for the team to be successful.

Sad to say against Argentina ( I think we lost 7 or 8 to 1) our coaching and our GK (often lay back and isolated in his goal mouth when we attacked) was not up to par. IMO Our GK needs to be the Best Player (with lots of foot skills and creative ability) on the team . If I'm the manager I would develop one.

Till to date I have not seen a local lad doing the 'Helicopter Spin move' in competition. I had a former Jamaican national player playing on my team who was really good at that.

Kelv
post May 17 2011, 04:43 PM

Be kind to animals
3,987 posts

New to futsal, looking to buy a shoe below Rm100.
Normally play in the grass type surface.
Any recommendation?

Went al-ikhsan normally Nike/Adidas above my budget.
Any other recommended place?
SUSYuka Yuka
post May 17 2011, 05:03 PM

4 stars 4 virgins
599 posts

QUOTE(Kelv @ May 17 2011, 04:43 PM)
New to futsal, looking to buy a shoe below Rm100.
Normally play in the grass type surface.
Any recommendation?

Went al-ikhsan normally Nike/Adidas above my budget.
Any other recommended place?
Helicopter Spin Move? Apa tu? @@ i googled only found something sexual related =.=

btw I would recommend you to top up a little bit more and get yourself a really decent shoe. I bought my Adidas F5 Blue from Al-Ikhsan for only RM129. Seriously I was hunting for one which is cheaper than 100 as well but for a little bit more spent, the shoe serves you even better

One year plus, every week at least futsal once, shoe still in top condition (bar some skin came off at the shooting side of the boots due to constant scoring laugh.gif )
Kelv
post May 18 2011, 11:21 AM

Be kind to animals
3,987 posts

Manage to bought Admiral Futsal shoes at budget, 70 bucks only.
Newcastle
post Oct 30 2012, 09:21 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

Anybody can give me tips how to improve my sprint? Make it faster?
kwyap11
post Oct 31 2012, 11:09 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(ken0777 @ Oct 11 2008, 03:28 AM)
All Futsal Skills, Techniques, Tactics & Strategy... share here... Doesn't matter whether it's for Striker, Flanker, Defender or even Goalie...

Discussion solely on "FUTSAL" and not field football...

Share tactical runs..plays and also moves which is effective in breaking defense...

Share also tips on how to be a good Striker, Flanker, Holding Midfielder, Defender and Goalie...

Share also on player positioning, movement, & spacing...

Also share on the formation of futsal, pros and cons and how to modify the formation for certain plays such as offensive and defensive...

Hopefully it will serve as a learning tool to share, learn and also to improve one's personal skill and understanding about the futsal game since futsal is a starting to be a very famous sport among Malaysians...
a) Player positioning are very important. Good positioning during defence, so you reduce movement and energy. Constantly move around to receive the ball so that you open up more chances during offense. Players must also return when being counter attacked.

b) Individual skills are accurate and precise ball pass (crowded and timing), powerful shot (small pitch and increased chance of scoring) and ball possession skills.

c) Good goalkeeping (can win you matches and add as additional field player).

d) Others are stamina and strength (that makes the difference if continuous playing the 3rd games onwards).
Joey Christensen
post Feb 14 2013, 01:44 PM

Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum
3,645 posts

QUOTE(dundermifflin @ Jan 16 2011, 12:37 PM)

Shooting accuracy at 99%!!?? Are you sure about it? Anyway, there's no point of getting high rating in "on-target" shots but no able to score from the shots taken. laugh.gif

Joey Christensen
post Feb 14 2013, 01:51 PM

Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum
3,645 posts

QUOTE(Newcastle @ Oct 30 2012, 09:21 AM)
Anybody can give me tips how to improve my sprint? Make it faster?
Upgrade your shoes to Power Threads! laugh.gif Anyway, this is genetically influenced. You just need to improve on your acceleration phase, especially in futsal. Most simplest way is to imagine you've been chased by a mad dog. Game anticipation also can improve on your reaction time and speed. This influences on your sprint burst too (indirectly).

This post has been edited by Joey Christensen: Feb 14 2013, 01:51 PM
MANSTIR
post Jul 25 2013, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
159 posts

hi, simple advice from me.
The first thing to do is:
1) learn to juggling the ball, familiarize yourself with the ball. (TRY NOT TO DO FREESTYLES). This is i show u how. Simple

2) learn how to control the ball, while running, while the presence of obstacles and others.
3) learn to 'how to kick a ball in a right way'.
4) learn how to gain stamina.
5) learn how to relax ( by doing relaxation exercise like deep breathing).

when u done all this, you're a good footballer.. user posted image

This post has been edited by MANSTIR: Jan 8 2014, 11:07 AM
luminaryxi
post Aug 6 2013, 03:48 PM

On my way
569 posts

i am reviving this tread !

yuzenem
post Aug 17 2013, 12:56 PM

41 posts

My new record: Owned/Panna/Oley 4 opponents included keeper and scored goal whistling.gif flex.gif
bar1313
post Sep 5 2014, 12:38 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(ken0777 @ Oct 11 2008, 02:00 PM)

guys, back pass to a goalkeeper will be a foul if and only if you're still in your own half doing it. It will not be a foul once you've reached openent's half and pass it back to the goalkeeper. That will never be a foul. That's simple as that guys.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0939sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:25 PM