10 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Iphone 2.0 Jailbreak & Unlock is OUT !

views

JasLyn
post Jul 23 2008, 08:58 AM

Kernel Panic
724 posts

QUOTE(nicopatch @ Jul 22 2008, 09:52 PM)
Nothing interesting, decided to go back to 1.1.4, because could not disable the AutoCorrect for sms.
manualy edit command lines also cannot? since no apps for disabling autocorrect yet, try sumthing from THIS
You may not want to replace whole files but only the strings for the autocorrection... look for a back2back difference...
gengstapo
post Jul 23 2008, 12:32 PM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

QUOTE(JasLyn @ Jul 23 2008, 08:58 AM)
manualy edit command lines also cannot? since no apps for disabling autocorrect yet, try sumthing from THIS
You may not want to replace whole files but only the strings for the autocorrection... look for a back2back difference...
does it reall works in 2.0? if yes, i would do else, i just pass
yesterday been customize my 2.0 & in the end, it just loopin' at startup screen.. haih doh.gif doh.gif

ps: dunwan to get similar pr0b coz my super mac only got in office.. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by gengstapo: Jul 23 2008, 12:33 PM
hackdplanet
post Jul 23 2008, 01:02 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

App Store applications seem to go in /var/mobile/Applications, also the Apple Official and 3rd party community Apps are installed in /private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/on the user data partition (the large one that also holds media).

They are not stored in the root partition (500MB). So what is the point to make a larger partition for the root?

Added on July 23, 2008, 1:11 pm
QUOTE(gengstapo @ Jul 23 2008, 12:32 PM)
does it reall works in 2.0? if yes, i would do else, i just pass
yesterday been customize my 2.0 & in the end, it just loopin' at startup screen.. haih  doh.gif  doh.gif
It's not work.
The option to turn off the auto correction will show up but it doesnt work.

This post has been edited by hackdplanet: Jul 23 2008, 01:11 PM
nicopatch
post Jul 23 2008, 01:27 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(hackdplanet @ Jul 23 2008, 01:02 PM)
App Store applications seem to go in /var/mobile/Applications, also the Apple Official and 3rd party community Apps are installed in  /private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/on the user data partition (the large one that also holds media).

They are not stored in the root partition (500MB). So what is the point to make a larger partition for the root?

Added on July 23, 2008, 1:11 pm
It's not work.
The option to turn off the auto correction will show up but it doesnt work.
delete or rename the keyboard u use, e.g.

under /System/Library/TextInput/ delete specific bundle for the keyboard that you are using

mv TextInput_en.bundle to TextInput_en.bundle.backup

Use MobileTerminal (Install via Cydia)

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46460
gengstapo
post Jul 23 2008, 04:33 PM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

hmm how to free more space from my root partition disk01?
seems its gonna full already.. sigh..

user posted image
rzn8
post Jul 23 2008, 04:52 PM

1 posts

Upgraded 2 phones to 2.0 and running with NO issues whatsoever biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Upgrading was a breeze...just follow the instructions provided...
gengstapo
post Jul 23 2008, 05:10 PM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

QUOTE(rzn8 @ Jul 23 2008, 04:52 PM)
Upgraded 2 phones to 2.0 and running with NO issues whatsoever  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Upgrading was a breeze...just follow the instructions provided...
u refer to me arr?
i dont have problem, i just wanna move some/ more apps. that i installed into media partition

thats all since bosstool not yet avail. for 2.0
frozzbyte
post Jul 23 2008, 08:17 PM

Feeling butthurt lately? Like I care
3,657 posts

QUOTE(hackdplanet @ Jul 23 2008, 01:02 PM)
App Store applications seem to go in /var/mobile/Applications, also the Apple Official and 3rd party community Apps are installed in  /private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/on the user data partition (the large one that also holds media).

I have not upgraded to 2.0 yet but this is just a speculation. Why they make the system partition larger from 300 mb to 500 mb? Well .. just look at the 2.0 FW, its bigger than usual (250mb compare to 160mb). So to accomodate the larger FW file, they have to expand the System partition. Remember that the IPSW files are in a compress form so it needed space to decompress the system files. That is just my speculation base on my observation. I did not have the chance yet to explore the new system. And why the IPSW of FW2.0 is bigger then the previous ones? Because now it have to cater to 2 device, 1st gen iPhone and now the 3G iPhone plus all the new add-ons (push mail, exchange support, cisco vpn, remote wipe etc etc etc).

As for the applications from AppStore, it seems like they are using the media partition. /var/mobile are in the media partition. Then the Apps from Cydia are moved or place in /var/stash/Applications.xxxx(random number and letters). This is because of Cydia move script. If u have the chance, take a look in the cydia package (in zip format) and look for move.sh and one more script (i forgot the name), it will move Applications, Ringtones and Fonts to /vat/stash. This what happens when we install Cydia with 1.1.4. At first i was curious why it was like dat so i got in contact with the developer (saurik) and he said it was meant to be like dat. Now i know why, they are gearing up for FW2.0.

hackdplanet
post Jul 23 2008, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(nicopatch @ Jul 23 2008, 01:27 PM)
delete or rename the keyboard u use, e.g.

under /System/Library/TextInput/ delete specific bundle for the keyboard that you are using

mv TextInput_en.bundle to TextInput_en.bundle.backup

Use MobileTerminal (Install via Cydia)

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46460
Tq.. I just tried it. it worked. SHH is more easy for me. smile.gif

Added on July 23, 2008, 8:45 pm
QUOTE(frozzbyte @ Jul 23 2008, 08:17 PM)
I have not upgraded to 2.0 yet but this is just a speculation. Why they make the system partition larger from 300 mb to 500 mb? Well .. just look at the 2.0 FW, its bigger than usual (250mb compare to 160mb). So to accomodate the larger FW file, they have to expand the System partition. Remember that the IPSW files are in a compress form so it needed space to decompress the system files. That is just my speculation base on my observation. I did not have the chance yet to explore the new system. And why the IPSW of FW2.0 is bigger then the previous ones? Because now it have to cater to 2 device, 1st gen iPhone and now the 3G iPhone plus all the new add-ons (push mail, exchange support, cisco vpn, remote wipe etc etc etc).

As for the applications from AppStore, it seems like they are using the media partition. /var/mobile are in the media partition. Then the Apps from Cydia are moved or place in /var/stash/Applications.xxxx(random number and letters). This is because of Cydia move script. If u have the chance, take a look in the cydia package (in zip format) and look for move.sh and one more script (i forgot the name), it will move Applications, Ringtones and Fonts to /vat/stash. This what happens when we install Cydia with 1.1.4. At first i was curious why it was like dat so i got in contact with the developer (saurik) and he said it was meant to be like dat. Now i know why, they are gearing up for FW2.0.
You make it very clear. TQ.
Just wonder why some people report they dont have enough room for the apps/tools since all the apps goes to media partition.

I've made 2 custom firmware with 500mb and 2300MB root size.
This size of partition didnt make any different at all for the apps/tools installation.
The only different is (at least for me), with 2.3G partition iTunes will take a few minutes to backup the iphone. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by hackdplanet: Jul 23 2008, 08:45 PM
megatron007
post Jul 24 2008, 12:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,000 posts

done my 2.0

but when i plug in my itunes

it asked for my carrier setting update

of cource i chose NO

u guys got it ?
LaskarCinta
post Jul 24 2008, 02:59 AM

?
1,651 posts

QUOTE(megatron007 @ Jul 24 2008, 12:42 AM)
when i plug in my itunes

of cource i chose NO

u guys got it ?
yeah i also got it.
when click on Yes, it will just pops error.
megatron007
post Jul 24 2008, 07:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,000 posts

walao
u demm brave to click YES tongue.gif
gengstapo
post Jul 24 2008, 08:31 AM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

QUOTE(megatron007 @ Jul 24 2008, 12:42 AM)
done my 2.0

but when i plug in my itunes

of cource i chose NO

u guys got it ?
QUOTE(LaskarCinta @ Jul 24 2008, 02:59 AM)
yeah i also got it.
when click on Yes, it will just pops error.
really? how come i didnt encounter that?
my pr0b currently only in cydia, when i doing search in the typing box, sometimes it cant backspace.. but sometimes ok
guess, no big deal tongue.gif

This post has been edited by gengstapo: Jul 24 2008, 04:10 PM
LaskarCinta
post Jul 24 2008, 02:53 PM

?
1,651 posts

this is the pop up message,
Attached Image
and if u click yes,
Attached Image

i still dunno what it is. izzit carrier dependent? when i'm not putting simcard inside, it will not ask. currently using maxis sim.
gengstapo
post Jul 24 2008, 04:20 PM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

QUOTE(LaskarCinta @ Jul 24 2008, 02:53 PM)
this is the pop up message,
Attached Image
and if u click yes,
Attached Image

i still dunno what it is. izzit carrier dependent? when i'm not putting simcard inside, it will not ask. currently using maxis sim.
weird, really. ive been pwnin' my phone with 2.0 more than 5 times, but i never encounter similar prob, infact, i never have problem with my home cook-ed firmware. btw, u pwnin' the phone in win or mac environment?
LaskarCinta
post Jul 24 2008, 04:25 PM

?
1,651 posts

QUOTE(gengstapo @ Jul 24 2008, 04:20 PM)
weird, really. ive been pwnin' my phone with 2.0 more than 5 times, but i never encounter similar prob, infact, i never have problem with my home cook-ed firmware. btw, u pwnin' the phone in win or mac environment?
i use windows.
i think it is not a big problem. but each time i connect it with iTunes, it will show the same message box.
dunno why this happen.
gengstapo
post Jul 24 2008, 04:32 PM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

QUOTE(LaskarCinta @ Jul 24 2008, 04:25 PM)
i use windows.
i think it is not a big problem. but each time i connect it with iTunes, it will show the same message box.
dunno why this happen.
ahhaaa.. i knew it smile.gif
u using the winpwn 2.0 or u update via windows with customized firmware from mac?
LaskarCinta
post Jul 24 2008, 04:52 PM

?
1,651 posts

QUOTE(gengstapo @ Jul 24 2008, 04:32 PM)
ahhaaa.. i knew it smile.gif
u using the winpwn 2.0 or u update via windows with customized firmware from mac?
yup u r rite.
i use customized firmware, restore on a PC.
but at first i thought it is because of my installation.
i tried on iTunes 7.7 and it shows error.
and then i tried installing 2.0 on iTunes 7.6 and it works.
and then upgraded back to 7.7
guess that i need to pwn back right?

This post has been edited by LaskarCinta: Jul 24 2008, 04:59 PM
gengstapo
post Jul 24 2008, 05:28 PM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

QUOTE(LaskarCinta @ Jul 24 2008, 04:52 PM)
yup u r rite.
i use customized firmware, restore on a PC.
but at first i thought it is because of my installation.
i tried on iTunes 7.7 and it shows error.
and then i tried installing 2.0 on iTunes 7.6 and it works.
and then upgraded back to 7.7
guess that i need to pwn back right?
if u dont have prob, except those popup then no need restore
as long everything fine, just used it..

if its really give u a prob, such some function not working correctly, then u can consider to re-pwned or restore it smile.gif
LaskarCinta
post Jul 24 2008, 05:29 PM

?
1,651 posts

QUOTE(gengstapo @ Jul 24 2008, 05:28 PM)
if u dont have prob, except those popup then no need restore
as long everything fine, just used it..

if its really give u a prob, such some function not working correctly, then u can consider to re-pwned or restore it smile.gif
thanks there.
i just installed fw2.0 yesterday.

This post has been edited by LaskarCinta: Jul 24 2008, 05:29 PM

10 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:21 PM