131 Pages « < 44 45 46 47 48 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ACCA (V4), Accountants

views

coolly
post Nov 10 2008, 08:22 PM

Regular
1,171 posts

QUOTE(Topace111 @ Nov 10 2008, 02:51 PM)
I know but he is not teaching ACCA currently & only for revision. Some of my friends are big fans (all of them have his book). Just too sad he is no longer teaching normal classes. Revision class is for those attending other lecturer normal class or self study.  By the way how is the e - IRC works, is it effective ?

I heard Keith farmer wants to try it once at FTMS but the idea seems to radical at that time. He is practicing it partially for his catch-up class at P2 now. P2 is a tough paper to crack compared to the other 2 core paper. Its very hard to master everything.....
that e-irc shd be the 1st in malaysia for tax,since it is the 1st time,so actually i also not sure how effective it is..
but he had mentioned that the intention is to help the students esp repeaters to know what is their mistake..
littlediana
post Nov 11 2008, 07:59 PM

Casual
498 posts

P3

ACCA Exam Tips for December 2008

According to FTC Kaplan following are the topics that are expected to appear in P3 Business Analysis for December 2008 attempt. WARNING:The examiners deliberately try to avoid question spotting. Use the tips as areas to have a good look at, but remember that no-one knows what’s in the exam except the examiner. Your safest bet is to achieve good syllabus coverage in your revision, as the examiner aims to do in the exam.The areas that we would expect to see most regularly in the exam are:

Analysis-type question – PESTEL or on risks.

Product choice use of BCG.

SWOT, Ansoff and change management.

Opportunities and problems of different growth strategies, eg acquisition and organic growth.

CSF and PI – relate to a scenario.

Ethics – business benefits of being socially responsible (short question).

Quality – six sigma linked in with the CMMI model (possibly technical).

Project management – stages of the project with stakeholder mapping of project members.Supply chain management.

IT – general question relating to the benefits of e-commerce. Also use of the internet and development of a niche strategy
minhal
post Nov 11 2008, 08:05 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

any exam tips for paper f5 and f6?
pink_hippo
post Nov 11 2008, 08:44 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(carlosandy @ Oct 21 2008, 02:23 PM)
Is ok la, just a discussion.

You also have your point. But for me, if already got ACCA, Degree just additional cert.
In my opinion an additional cert adds will value to my career path. I'm currently an ACCA Level 3 Student left with 1 paper to pass. In my ex company, they only recognised "degree holder" and staff like me "half way" to ACCA won't able to get promotion to "executive level" . I felt so bad and left the company...I join a new company who pays me higher but doing accounting clerical works ie key ins & reconciliations. cry.gif cry.gif I don't know if there's room for me to improve, doing book keeping while studying...IAS & IFRS... Really unhappy with my current work cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
drgfly
post Nov 11 2008, 10:46 PM

1 posts

need help....!
anyone can tell got any changes in F7?????
think to take rev class but i think i already miss it.
carlosandy
post Nov 12 2008, 12:47 AM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(pink_hippo @ Nov 11 2008, 08:44 PM)
In my opinion an additional cert adds will value to my career path. I'm currently an ACCA Level 3 Student left with 1 paper to pass. In my ex company, they only recognised "degree holder" and staff like me "half way" to ACCA won't able to get promotion to "executive level" . I felt so bad and left the company...I join a new company who pays me higher but doing accounting clerical works ie key ins & reconciliations. cry.gif  cry.gif  I don't know if there's room for me to improve, doing book keeping while studying...IAS & IFRS... Really unhappy with my current work  cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif
I think you make a mistake in my point.

What I try to tell him was if student already grad ACCA, OBU is no add value already, unless he/she got difference qualification Degree. The paid won't be different if you already grad ACCA with or without OBU.

In your case, of course la, you haven't grad ACCA, then Degree is consider value for you.
Topace111
post Nov 12 2008, 12:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(pink_hippo @ Nov 11 2008, 08:44 PM)
In my opinion an additional cert adds will value to my career path. I'm currently an ACCA Level 3 Student left with 1 paper to pass. In my ex company, they only recognised "degree holder" and staff like me "half way" to ACCA won't able to get promotion to "executive level" . I felt so bad and left the company...I join a new company who pays me higher but doing accounting clerical works ie key ins & reconciliations. cry.gif  cry.gif  I don't know if there's room for me to improve, doing book keeping while studying...IAS & IFRS... Really unhappy with my current work  cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif
one more good reason for most students to complete their studies first before working. Once start working lifes gone dude.

Added on November 12, 2008, 12:49 am
QUOTE(carlosandy @ Nov 12 2008, 12:47 AM)
I think you make a mistake in my point.

What I try to tell him was if student already grad ACCA, OBU is no add value already, unless he/she got difference qualification Degree. The paid won't be different if you already grad ACCA with or without OBU.

In your case, of course la, you haven't grad ACCA, then Degree is consider value for you.
Yes substance always prevails over form, only short-sighted employers don't recognise that fact.

Added on November 12, 2008, 12:50 am
QUOTE(drgfly @ Nov 11 2008, 10:46 PM)
need help....!
F7 has just undergone major change in IAS 1 / IFRS 3 which brings domino effect unto others. Revision is definitely necessary.

Added on November 12, 2008, 12:53 am
QUOTE(minhal @ Nov 11 2008, 08:05 PM)
any exam tips for paper f5 and f6?
F6 got no shortcut examiner always manage to test over 90% area of syllabus, practice a lot of past year will do.
F5 got the lowest passs rate last sitting, you must really understand the theories part & remember to elaborate .
1 key point with full elaboration is better than 3 key points alone.

This post has been edited by Topace111: Nov 12 2008, 12:53 AM
Tsukasa
post Nov 12 2008, 08:29 AM

Regular
1,042 posts

QUOTE(pink_hippo @ Nov 11 2008, 09:44 PM)
Yup.. bro. Maybe can find another company that will appreciate you more. Do OBU to get a degree at least and mark up ur market value. Darn those bosses nowdays.

QUOTE(drgfly @ Nov 11 2008, 11:46 PM)
need help....!
Wow... you are my hero mate. The syllabus had revamped alot.. You may have a detail look here

http://www.accaglobal.com/pubs/students/st...int_syll_sg.pdf

http://www.accaglobal.com/students/study_e...s/fa/examinable

http://www.accaglobal.com/students/study_e...fr/past_papers/

http://www.accaglobal.com/students/study_e...xaminer_report/

http://www.accaglobal.com/students/study_e...ls/fr/exam_int/

http://www.accaglobal.com/students/study_e...nical_articles/

Good luck bro and god speed. May us all pass the exam
andy888
post Nov 12 2008, 05:44 PM

On my way
516 posts

now is difficult to get tips from lowyat forum lio... tongue.gif

last time got gary,roy pck,colly here . got a lot of tips

now, cry.gif doh.gif
Topace111
post Nov 12 2008, 07:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(andy888 @ Nov 12 2008, 05:44 PM)

now,  cry.gif  doh.gif
syllabus change already, now examiners can test a major portion of contents.
Just have to study everything......
francisbacon7
post Nov 12 2008, 08:58 PM

Casual
300 posts

Any one know Guan & Associates audit firm?located i Bangsar...
roy_pck
post Nov 12 2008, 10:19 PM

You'll Never Walk Alone!
552 posts

QUOTE(andy888 @ Nov 12 2008, 05:44 PM)

now,  cry.gif  doh.gif
hahaha. someone still remember me. not too bad i guess.

please kindly get the exam tips for Dec 08 HERE
rvp
post Nov 12 2008, 10:35 PM

Casual
371 posts

hey roy, i miss ur kaka's pic
minhal
post Nov 12 2008, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(Topace111 @ Nov 12 2008, 12:48 AM)
one more good reason for most students to complete their studies first before working. Once start working lifes gone dude.

Added on November 12, 2008, 12:49 am

Yes substance always prevails over form, only short-sighted employers don't recognise that fact.

Added on November 12, 2008, 12:50 am

F7 has just undergone major change in IAS 1 / IFRS 3 which brings domino effect unto others. Revision is definitely necessary.

Added on November 12, 2008, 12:53 am

F6 got no shortcut examiner always manage to test over 90% area of syllabus, practice a lot of past year will do.
F5 got the lowest passs rate last sitting, you must really understand the theories part & remember to elaborate .
1 key point with full elaboration is better than 3 key points alone.
thnks for your info, sry i was refering to f7 nt f6, f6 already passed under Siva Nair @ Ftms last sitting,

HBK-reloaded
post Nov 12 2008, 11:33 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(roy_pck @ Nov 12 2008, 10:19 PM)

ya,where is the classic kaka avatar..
anyway,guys that website is only FTC tips..and BPP,FTMS(will be add later)doubt about it,dont wait for those two tips,i think till end of this month also they dont add it(like last sitting,same website)..especially FTMS..
ya,i remember those old golden days where all contribute tips..from all sorts of college including oversea tips (LCA,LSBF,MMU,etc),till bcome so many tips.. icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
yenyen08
post Nov 12 2008, 11:41 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(roy_pck @ Nov 12 2008, 10:19 PM)

hehe, thanks for the tips.. rclxm9.gif
do u have tips for F4 malaysia?? tq ~~

This post has been edited by yenyen08: Nov 12 2008, 11:54 PM
karhoe
post Nov 12 2008, 11:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,238 posts

Guys, I plan to take 4 papers next semester and the subsequent 2 semesters.

Something like F4 F5 F6 F9 followed by F7 F8 P1 P3 and the remaining 3 papers at the last semester.

I am also aiming to get 69+ average for F4 to F9 to qualify for first class hons for the oxford brookes degree program, is it something impossible to be done?

Can anyone tell me more about P1 and P3, how to be able to score in those papers?

Thanks
Topace111
post Nov 13 2008, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(karhoe @ Nov 12 2008, 11:49 PM)

Something like F4 F5 F6 F9 followed by F7 F8 P1 P3 and the remaining 3 papers at the last semester.

I am also aiming to get 69+ average for F4 to F9 to qualify for first class hons for the oxford brookes degree program, is it something impossible to be done?

Can anyone tell me more about P1 and P3, how to be able to score in those papers?

Thanks
That's a very optimistic plan right there biggrin.gif .
Its very good to aim high in order to push all your way through to achieve it.
However any unexpected twist / snag your entire plan will land you in jeorpardy so bad it breaks many hopefuls.
As far as i am concerned when at lower levels all my friends have the similar dream like yours (straight passes + high marks for OBU)
PS : I also belong to that kiasu group tongue.gif

However there's a major flaw in the plan as no one was expecting a failure so there was no back up plan for it. When my 4 papers friends taker failed any 1 or 2 of their papers, their motivation was effectively gone & hot by another setback to resit those papers with extra burden in mind (stress will attack very quickly) I know several very bright friends who scored straight a's in all their major exam but also stuck with some tricky papers like audit & performance management. They can even pass professional papers but stuck at fundamentals.

I always admired those taking 4 papers but i pity them since all of them always share a sad sentiment, their life was pretty much overxrowded with ACCA & have no regards for something else (lifestyle). Their student life was effectively gone & when they start working that's it no going back.
I knew a few theat managed to go through 4 papers but suffice to say that their marks will not even reach the 60 border mark unless you are very very brilliant student.

Regarding OBU, this degree ony serves as the "form" for acca to supplement the "substance" of acca. Ask any layman out there they will admire & respect someone with double qualifications. Ask any professional or experienced OBU is just a "window-dressing". Ask lecturers discreetly they also admit OBU is no longer that important compared to others (ICAEW, CIMA). Although i averaged for 70 from f4 to f9 i also think OBU was a waste of time, my lecturer encourage me to go for CFA instead.

As i am still sitting for my P1 & P3 i cannot recommend on scoring yet but i can dwell on the contents. P1 syllabus is considered the least compared to other core papers. It mainly encompasses corporate governance, ethics, risk managements & audit. However memory power is need to in tackling corporate governance (laws & section to remember)
P3 syllabus is considered wide but only for application. The memorising part is verly little actually notwithstanding the author's models or framework.
If you have extensive knowledge, experience & can "think outside the box", a revision class will be enough already. Those with weak elaboration, writing & english command will find this paper quite difficult for their liking.

Unless you are somebody who are either :
1) > 21 years old OR
2) possessed a degree or equivalent
I strongly recommend you start with 3 papers first, if gone smooth its viable to go for 4. Remember that failing can be cery devastating to one's morale, just ask anyone who has failed b4. This idea of kiasu (fear of losing) has push me not to fail any of my papers to date. however study isn't everything, relationship & social life is also important. No employer will just look at your qualification & hire you on spot.

(I hope its not too long, i am very energetic on morning cool2.gif )

This post has been edited by Topace111: Nov 13 2008, 11:10 AM
carlosandy
post Nov 13 2008, 11:15 AM

Enthusiast
858 posts

Thanks
Nothing is impossibble, but you need to work very hard. One sitting handle 4 paper is not easy, expecially paper like F5 and F8, the passing rate is lower.

For P1, main syllabus are Corporate Govt, Ethics, Internal Control and Risk Assessment. This paper not very difficult but not easy oso, just like Mgmt paper in P3.

P3 syllabus is very wide but very commencent paper, normally we study a lot of biz model in this paper. There is no fixed answer in P3, you can write general knowledge during exam. As long as the answer are logic and related to case, then you will earn marks. Since ACCA cancelled all the individual IT/IS paper in new syllabus, IT/IS play a important role in P3. The P3 examiner is IT/IS background, so it is very easy for him to set IT/IS question.

What I try to tell you was in prof level (means P1 to P7), you won't see too much knowledge base and calculation base question already. Bcos at this level, examiner want you to know how to apply the theory. In this level, all the question is very practical, you can't just learn by hard. You will see some word like "Construct", "Advise", "Brief" and etc in the question in this level.

This post has been edited by carlosandy: Nov 13 2008, 11:18 AM
allornothing
post Nov 13 2008, 12:22 PM

Melancholic //
926 posts

Thanks
You've posted this before. Anyway, a good student like you will most likely get through F4,F5,F6,F9. I really suggest to take 4 papers to keep your options open later on. Otherwise taking 3,4,4 combination would be more taxing than your planned 4,4,3.

Use F4,F6 and F7 to push up your average.

Professional papers like P1 and P3 have different approach. Less retention and recall of knowledge. Calculation too is less emphasized. You actually sort of study less but you learn to use your mind more.

This post has been edited by allornothing: Nov 13 2008, 12:24 PM

131 Pages « < 44 45 46 47 48 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0245sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:22 PM