24 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How much should a guy earns per month?, When they reach 30

views

TSGreybear
post Mar 17 2008, 12:57 PM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
57 posts

Hi everyone, what do you think a guy should earn, for a steady life when they reach 30? Please state your opinions too... Thanks! notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by Greybear: Mar 17 2008, 01:15 PM
Christopher_LKL
post Mar 17 2008, 01:04 PM

Kairi Kawaii ^^
1,398 posts

u want to benchmark ur bf based on the result here? .... lol its very very very unfair
suppaman
post Mar 17 2008, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

5k per month or per year?
atlantis2007
post Mar 17 2008, 01:17 PM

1,014 posts

30 years old. depends on what career path he is in la.
Some degree holder cant even get above 5k par ler.

one should be able to earn around 8k per month if he is in a correct path.
generally is around 4 to 5k per month.

anything above 8k is a lucky fellow.
ofcox a managerial post will get ones to 10k or more smile.gif
~Im talking generally la~
TSGreybear
post Mar 17 2008, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(Christopher_LKL @ Mar 17 2008, 01:04 PM)
u want to benchmark ur bf based on the result here? .... lol its very very very unfair
No no don't misunderstand. It's just a guide. If he's earning below, will encourage him to work better. If he's earning above average, congrats him and ask him to keep it up icon_idea.gif I'm doing this for our family planning. TQ
DerekKuah
post Mar 17 2008, 01:23 PM

On my way
519 posts

TS!

5k should be reasonable. But it also very important the guy attitude towards his lifestyle of his earning....
atlantis2007
post Mar 17 2008, 01:25 PM

1,014 posts

oh.. a fresh grad now can get 3.8k per month. that is my friend's younger bro.

aiks... Im earning less than that... sien...
TSGreybear
post Mar 17 2008, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(atlantis2007 @ Mar 17 2008, 01:17 PM)
30 years old. depends on what career path he is in la.
Some degree holder cant even get above 5k par ler.

one should be able to earn around 8k per month if he is in a correct path.
generally is around 4 to 5k per month.

anything above 8k is a lucky fellow.
ofcox a managerial post will get ones to 10k or more smile.gif
~Im talking generally la~
To live in a city, I think salary around 10K is just an average. He's earning ard 10K working as a consultant in a US company now. I'm not sure for this becoz he's staying alone now, paying all his own expenses, phone, water & electrical bills by his own, end up he's like saving very little... sad.gif really wondering after get married next year, can he afford the whole family or not unsure.gif

I'm planning to stop working after pregnant, will only work again maybe my child grows up to 2years old. Worried tat we might need to survive in miserable life if he's under paying... sweat.gif
purplecrystal00
post Mar 17 2008, 01:36 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(Greybear @ Mar 17 2008, 01:32 PM)
To live in a city, I think salary around 10K is just an average. He's earning ard 10K working as a consultant in a US company now. I'm not sure for this becoz he's staying alone now, paying all his own expenses, phone, water & electrical bills by his own, end up he's like saving very little...  sad.gif really wondering after get married next year, can he afford the whole family or not  unsure.gif

I'm planning to stop working after pregnant, will only work again maybe my child grows up to 2years old. Worried tat we might need to survive in miserable life if he's under paying...  sweat.gif
i personally think that there isnt a rule on how much should or shouldnt a 30 yr old man earn. it's up to the person if he wanna go further in his career path and in some field/industry, u can go waaaay higher...

as u said, u plan to stop working after pregnant and if u solely depend on the husband to take care of the family financially, i doubt that would be enough, unless, he's already rich by now, even if you have already plan yr budget/expenses after marriage, you'll still have tough time smile.gif

i think marriage is about 2 person sharing life/responsibility together and to solely depend on one partner, it's gonna be a tough life...

i know, towards the end, it's a bit out of topic..hehe
babeadeline
post Mar 17 2008, 01:38 PM

Casual
324 posts

I voted 10K icon_rolleyes.gif

I personally think an above average person would earn somewhere around there by the time he reaches 30.
DerekKuah
post Mar 17 2008, 01:42 PM

On my way
519 posts

Earning 10k also hard to survive...my gosh!!!!...his financial is really screw up. How many ppl in the city would be earning Rm10k??????if too choose out of 10, it will or might non of the 10ppl. The trick is how to you define so call steady lifestyle?
To me, 3k can also can have a steady life!!!!
jackal1950
post Mar 17 2008, 01:45 PM

On my way
568 posts

actually depends on the financial knowledge of someone.

if he dont know how to buy mutual fund. put money into fixed deposit or buy real estate... no matter how, your 10K value will diminish slowly overtime due to inflation.

it is about personalities towards their money. look at micheal jackson he is millionaire but now he is broke due to lawsuit, cosmetic surgery and etc....

so are u going to leave him if he cannot support the family?
TSGreybear
post Mar 17 2008, 01:50 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(jackal1950 @ Mar 17 2008, 01:45 PM)
actually depends on the financial knowledge of someone.

if he dont know how to buy mutual fund. put money into fixed deposit or buy real estate... no matter how, your 10K value will diminish slowly overtime due to inflation.

it is about personalities towards their money. look at micheal jackson he is millionaire but now he is broke due to lawsuit, cosmetic surgery and etc....

so are u going to leave him if he cannot support the family?
Well of coz nope! Just tat if he can't support the family, maybe I need to work harder wink.gif I'm working freelance now as a home tutor for primary & secondary group tuition, and earning ard 6.5K (is tat reasonable for me? 28 this year)

Currently I'm only teaching 2sessions a day(Tue&Thurs 3 sessions), each session 2 hr. I could get more classes to teach and save more money for future family d icon_rolleyes.gif
atlantis2007
post Mar 17 2008, 01:53 PM

1,014 posts

10k for now? its steady, girl.
I worked for 2 years yet earning less than 3k.

gosh.. how I hope I can get over 3k. 1 year 1k jump oso cant reach ur bf's 10k income.

As well said. Its all depends on ur lifestyle.
10k per month is alot to me at the moment.
~~sure do.. the more the merrier~~

u can comfortably own a hse + 2 cars with 10k.
and again.. 10k is average? ur too well exposed to ur living class.
those with >2k earning... what r they gonna do?

both of u need to cut down on unnecessary expenses.
unless u wanna compare with ur higher standard friend, then 100k per month is insufficient for u too.

icon_rolleyes.gif
alchemisT
post Mar 17 2008, 02:32 PM

Casual
478 posts

QUOTE(Greybear @ Mar 17 2008, 01:32 PM)
To live in a city, I think salary around 10K is just an average.
Hmm, I think it all depends where you plan to settle down with him right? I suppose you rate the sufficiency of RM10k income is for both of you to live in the US. As someone from an average family, my parents does not even need to earn that much for us to live comfortable in KL until all my siblings graduated.
paranoid
post Mar 17 2008, 02:32 PM

I can go from 0 to bitch in 0.6seconds
1,235 posts

i think the figures are a bit high.. considering a person at age of 30.
i think for all those have voted.. their own salary range might not be as high as in the poll as well..

well it also depends on the job..
nickisthemost
post Mar 17 2008, 04:02 PM

Casual
382 posts

QUOTE(babeadeline @ Mar 17 2008, 01:38 PM)
I voted 10K  icon_rolleyes.gif

I personally think an above average person would earn somewhere around there by the time he reaches 30.
10k that's too low ! i vote for at least 100k before turning 30
kenji1903
post Mar 17 2008, 04:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

i think this depends very much on ones lifestyle... whether you are willing to sacrifice a current luxurious lifestyle (if you are having one) and save/invest for a better future?

also, earns per month supporting the entire family/entire family plus wife no need to work? smile.gif

TS, you are doing pretty good yourself... 6.5k at only 28, also giving tuition is non-taxable, rich girl thumbup.gif
SUSN's
post Mar 17 2008, 04:54 PM

Regular
1,091 posts

RM1100 my salary.
DannGun
post Mar 17 2008, 05:05 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(paranoid @ Mar 17 2008, 02:32 PM)
i think the figures are a bit high.. considering a person at age of 30.
i think for all those have voted.. their own salary range might not be as high as in the poll as well..

well it also depends on the job..
Agree agree...... It's too high la... In fact, you expect him to earn Rm5k the lowest? well, for the ADUN(state assemblyman), their allowance is in that range....

If you really love him, how much he earn for his income is not a big deal...

24 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0439sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:44 AM