Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Skynet Courier service, Think twice before you use their service

GodsLove
post Dec 18 2007, 02:13 PM, updated 11y ago

On my way
662 posts

Hey everyone,

I would just like to share with you what i have gone through when i bought an item from a forumer who sent the item using skynet.

I purchased a bluetooth headset from forumer Jimmylim85 on the 20th of September 2007. Item was shipped the following day and would take one day to reached. Item supposed to reach on the 22nd of September (Saturday) but the delivery guy stated no one was at home. My mum was at home frm morning till lunch and i'm sure they don't work full day. Tried calling them to send it to my office instead on monday, 24th of Sept. I couldnt get them till monday after 10am (tried calling on monday 8:30 till 9:30 but no one answered). Finally a lady, Sara picked my call and asked her to change the shipping address. She say it will then take one extra day to arrive as the delivery guys are all out. I said alright. to cut the sotry short, the next day, nothing arrived. I called Sara on wednesday morning and Sara said it was delivered to my office on tuesday, and i told her im sure no one came. She said she will call me to confirm. SHe later called me and said it was delivered to my home on monday. I was shocked. I asked her to confirm with the delivery guy where was it put, he said in the post box but i told him it isnt possible for it to enter the post box. The worst thing is, she said someone actually received and sign it. Thank God skynet post the consignment form. There was no signature on the form. Only name and IC. The name is correct (since its stated in the address but the IC Number is way wrong. That is part 1.

Me and Jimmy since started to write a report and ask for a refund. to cut the story short, i have called both managers from both skynet branch and even emailed them. We followed what Sara said to do, and we did. weeks later, still no news and i decided to email them hoping it will reached someone who can do something about it. to my surprise, it wasn't. Here's the reply when i emailed them the entire situation with the tracking code:

Hi Kevin,

Your shipper (Jimmy) did not report this to the origin station.

Regards,
Shirley

Off course he didn't because i did (and i paid for the item) and i would seriously hope you would check with Sara (PJ Branch) on what actually happened. Please get back to me on the refund date and the total amount and please settle it before the Raya holidays as i do not want this to drag any longer. Thanks

Regards,
Kevin

On 10/11/07, shirley <shirley@skynet.com.my> wrote:

Hi Kevin,

I suppose you are not aware of our Carriage Procedure.

We are only liable to the shipper. The shipper must file in the claim with the official receipt to the origin staion. The origin station will have to advise us accordingly.

All consignment will go by our Standared Condition of Carriage.

My apology for the inconveniece caused.

Hi Shirley,

I guess i'm not the only one that isn't aware of such procedure as both of your colleagues, Sara (PJ Branch) and (Ms Nor) didn't inform me anything about such procedure. As far as i'm concerned, skynet is suppose to reimburse RM230 to the sender, Mr Jimmy Lim. I do not want to debate with you who suppose to do what, but all i would like you to do, is to contact both your colleagues and settle whatever is outstanding and kindly expedite the refund to the seller so he may refund the money back to me. I have also inform the sender to file a report. So please check and get back to me soon. Thanks

Best Regards,
Kevin

Since that email, no reply was ever received to date.

When Jimmy again, asked the Ipoh branch (where the item was sent), they said, PJ Branch has already sent the money and details and that was like about 3 - 4 weeks ago. I was told by Sara, that they have already deducted the money from the delivery boy's salary but Till now we have not received a single cent but we have wasted a huge amount of time and money (for calls and sms).

I just called the Manager of Ipoh Branch today (at 1:37pm) and he said it will be end of the month (which means end of the year). I told him sternly and i said how long more i need to wait, it has been months. He said end of the month, and if don't received my refund by then, i can do anything i want. I was like, what !!, how can he say such a thing. I was just stunned with his comments

In the entire process, me and jimmy has been pushed around, where both Skynet Branch and Ipoh branch has been pushing the blame and responsibility back and forth as though there are both not related.

I would like to inform everyone here of the hassle you would go through if you ever loose your shipment when you used skynet. The refunding process is painfully long and i have no idea how much they are going to refund. When the first few times i called Sara, she say they can't refund exact amount. I then told her to get the exact same product brand new for me then. She didn't say anything about the refund amount since then and almost all my calls to skynet regarding this matter has been nothing less than rude replies

. I hope i can get jimmylim85 to clarify on this matter. For those, who are planning to get anything from Jimmy, please go ahead, as he is one of the nicest seller i ever came across. This thread is started due to the bad service from skynet.

This post has been edited by GodsLove: Dec 18 2007, 02:16 PM
jimmylim85
post Dec 18 2007, 03:03 PM

iPhone world....
7,665 posts

I'm here to clarify that what kevin mention is true. I and kevin has been pushed around for months. Those days i relied on skynet just because is more transparency in tracking shipment than poslaju did. But ever since this issue happen, i have think twice. The only thing now is waiting for the cheque refund by end of the month. Thank you.
sasaug
post Dec 18 2007, 06:09 PM

Small Fud
1,936 posts

i am also using skynet.For me quite ok wor their service.But luckily my transaction all amount small small one..
GodsLove
post Dec 21 2007, 03:03 PM

On my way
662 posts

QUOTE(sasaug @ Dec 18 2007, 06:09 PM)
i am also using skynet.For me quite ok wor their service.But luckily my transaction all amount small small one..
i guess it doesn't happened often but once bitten twice shy..not going to use their service anymore...havent received my refund till today...
NaMyzarC
post Dec 21 2007, 03:09 PM

Regular
1,140 posts

want to get express refund, write to following email and contact them as well, that is the hotline contact for malay mail.

Hotline: 03-2282 1002
Hotline Email: hotline@mmail.com.my

Only_Human
post Dec 21 2007, 11:56 PM

Casual
439 posts

I think Dell company like to use skynet for shipping ?
zac1
post Dec 22 2007, 01:31 AM

GADGET FREAK™
2,838 posts

skynet is suck ,last time i buy something thru lelong and ship by skynet ,

try 2 times ,service are terible

first time - didt ship to my house ,the van stop at the corner of the entrance road of my house and call me ,ask me go out and collect ,reason is they cant find my house.(thier van park at entrance road and dun even go in ,terus say cant find my house)

second times - ask me to collect from thier office near my house ,reason is address not ngam ,when i go there and check ,address 100000% correct

never trust this SX HXX company ,service too bad ,even poslaju also not good ,but if compare to skynet ,pos laju are 10000 times better

This post has been edited by zac1: Dec 22 2007, 01:34 AM
trinityz
post Dec 24 2007, 10:52 AM

Casual
477 posts

QUOTE(Only_Human @ Dec 21 2007, 11:56 PM)
I think Dell company like to use skynet for shipping ?
Yes, Dell using Skynet and it is safe to buy from Dell because if the item is not received, you can call Dell directly and they will sort things among themselves. I have bought from Dell lots of time and no problem at all and they usually will call you the day before they send and will tell approx what time they will reach. This is if we are dealing with Dell. However, in this case is different and that is why both buyer and senders are treated this way.

I suggest to TS if you are able to get hold of someone in higher position in Skynet instead of the so-called "manager" and talk to them

This post has been edited by trinityz: Dec 24 2007, 10:54 AM
100% Ori Perfumes
post Dec 24 2007, 10:56 AM

4 posts

I use SKYNET service since last year, ya there is problem once in a while but still use their service coz
1. more cheaper than other courier service operator
2. fastest (send evening bf 7.00pm and reach K.Kinabalu next day afternoon)
3. Main Reason Using Their Service - SKYNET office in Melaka in just in my neighbourhood. Easy to go and to complaint if anything go wrong!

Happy Holiday & Merry Chirstmas! Cheer Up!
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
allspark
post Dec 25 2007, 01:39 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

Well, so far SKYNET served me very well, fast shipping from Penang to KL, only took 1day.
orenzai
post Dec 25 2007, 12:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,114 posts

my cousin sells things online... she uses skynet and she stays at penang..she say so far no prob...i think it depends on the branch's staff itself...
allspark
post Dec 25 2007, 10:59 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

Maybe on this case it happen 1 in a 100, not very often but courier company should take it seriously. i suggest u insured ur stuff if valuable more than a hundred before out to deliver.
jensen78
post Dec 26 2007, 09:35 AM

6 posts

try out GDEX
allspark
post Dec 28 2007, 12:35 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

How much hav to pay for opening a new account with GDex??

This post has been edited by allspark: Dec 28 2007, 08:07 PM
bombman
post Jan 10 2008, 12:35 AM

Xtreme Modding™
991 posts

QUOTE(allspark @ Dec 28 2007, 12:35 AM)
How much hav to pay for opening a new account with GDex??
U wont need to pay any fees to open an acc instead there's certain minimum usage per month requirement though it wont b enforced once u reach a stage whr volume was quite high in the previous months

Bsides that u can also nego for more discounts later on smile.gif
hibiki0104
post Jan 10 2008, 01:12 AM

Casual
482 posts

used skynet b4 when buying things from lelong. got the item 3 days after shipment. pos laju can do only one day, how come the courier takes 3 days. i also bought micro sd from viking also .he send using skynet.such a small item also arrive 2 days late.what a joke to call them a courier
GodsLove
post Jan 11 2008, 10:00 AM

On my way
662 posts

Finally got my refund of only 100RM eventhough my item cost RM230..what a joke..

I would appreciate if anyone could help spread the word around on skynet and if anyone of you, has any place i can make a complaint that cna be made know to public, do let me know. Thanks
hibiki0104
post Jan 11 2008, 12:16 PM

Casual
482 posts

last two days someone send something to my mom via skynet. yesterday not arrive.today also same. said cannot find adress. pos laju have no problem in finding my adress, but this skynet..haizz.the worst
jack7155
post Jan 11 2008, 01:28 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

so far i am using poslaju and satisfied with their service. from what i know, some courier company also use poslaju to ship their item!!!!! Ridiculous!!!
SUSspambox
post Jan 11 2008, 06:06 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

s*ck! use poslaju is good.......

64 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:43 AM