Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
128 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University -=UNITEN =-, DIscUss ABout evrything..

views

TSskinnydude
post Dec 7 2007, 11:44 PM, updated 15y ago

On my way
522 posts

celebrating 10 years of UNITEN,
Because of that, i have decided to open this thread.. rclxms.gif
Everyone is welcomed to post replies especially UNITEN students...

What v could discuss here?

+ accommodation (getting from bad to worse)
+ new intakes (from pretty gals to handsome guys) wub.gif
+ lecturers (your #1 lecturer)
+ subjects and courses provided
+ facilities (especially bus services)
+ your personal experience

Anyone who wants to join UNITEN new intake and r curious about the situation at UNITEN, r also welcomed to ask anything

UNITEN GENERATES PROFFESIONALS?

or is it more like UNITEN GENERATES STRESS? biggrin.gif

www.uniten.edu.my

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

This post has been edited by skinnydude: Apr 20 2009, 10:05 PM
fruitie
post Dec 8 2007, 12:40 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

Erm.. How about opening this thread at Kopitiam?
Well, MMU thread also serves the same purpose but it is at placed at Kopitiam to prevent any unnecessary spams. smile.gif
Just a friendly reminder though. wink.gif
TSskinnydude
post Dec 8 2007, 01:00 AM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Dec 8 2007, 12:40 AM)
Erm.. How about opening this thread at Kopitiam?
Well, MMU thread also serves the same purpose but it is at placed at Kopitiam to prevent any unnecessary spams. smile.gif
Just a friendly reminder though. wink.gif
thanks for your concern bro.. notworthy.gif
victor131490
post Dec 9 2007, 07:58 PM

Casual
367 posts

when UNITEN form are available?
i jus finish my SPM... happy.gif
ahsin
post Dec 10 2007, 04:47 AM

Freak9u
1,144 posts

as i know uniten hostel is 1 person 1 room.. not bad.... not like mmu... 2 or 3 share in a small room and charge high.... sigh
joanalooidog
post Dec 10 2007, 02:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,823 posts

Uniten is not in Putrajaya, but likely located at Serdang.
TSskinnydude
post Dec 11 2007, 12:49 AM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(victor131490 @ Dec 9 2007, 07:58 PM)
when UNITEN form are available?
i jus finish my SPM... happy.gif
hey bro, sorry for the late reply.. i thought this thread was unwelcomed.. hahahhaha.. there is june intake soon.. try logging into the official website.. if not try calling them..

www.uniten.edu.my

Added on December 11, 2007, 12:52 am
QUOTE(joanalooidog @ Dec 10 2007, 02:58 PM)
Uniten is not in Putrajaya, but likely located at Serdang.
it changed its address to putrajaya already.. the reasons : i also don't know.. biggrin.gif ..

Added on December 11, 2007, 12:57 am
QUOTE(ahsin @ Dec 10 2007, 04:47 AM)
as i know uniten hostel is 1 person 1 room.. not bad.... not like mmu... 2 or 3 share in a small room and charge high.... sigh
actually v call it as apartments.. there is 2 types..
+ 4 people in one apartment, which is 2 people in every room
+ 4 people in one apartment as well, but 1 in every room..

each apartment has its own toilet, bathroom, living room, dining area and kitchen..

but the rental price is increasing and too many people flooding uniten.. rumours say that the next intake will consist of 9000 students

This post has been edited by skinnydude: Dec 11 2007, 12:57 AM
SUSXbox 360
post Dec 11 2007, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

I am in Uniten. Everything (for me) is getting from bad to worse. I already spent one year there (straight after SPM) doing Foundation. Then degree came, it was "bloody tough" for me. Heck, I did all I could. My CGPA for Foundation was above 3.00. That is great. Not great to me though...

Now I really wish I wasn't there in the first place. sweat.gif

So much to complaint about Uniten.

#1 The lecturers are ridiculous (OK, some)
#2 The apartment prices are sky-rocketting
#3 The time table is not fixed and we have to do it ourselves (many, many, many problems with it, such as class full [I mean all the sections!!!] )
#4 Timeslot (those who stay near, get late timeslot, etc. etc.)
#5 Absolutely horrendous scheduling of (again) time table

The time table is flexible for you to adjust, but most of the time, its full. Full. My timeslot is always late, and I end up getting all the "not so good" classes. Damn... sad.gif

More than 1 year in UNITEN, and I want out. Sadly, I "fumbled" in my 1st Year Degree, 1st Sem.

Systematic DOES NOT EQUAL Uniten.
Uniten is not systematic. Also, after 1 year of misery taking (complaint #6) the shuttle busses, I finally had to give in and get a car...

#7 OMG Exam times... (some even 9pm !!!!!) nod.gif And then NO BUS service. Imagine, for the gals, walking back alone at night... its ridiculous

#8 90% of (my) lecturers rush like crazy towards the end of the semester. Most of them cancel classes due to this and that... some don't turn up to classes (sometimes)...

biggrin.gif If you wiki for Uniten, there is something called "Criticism". It has been there for a few months already. Just wait and see, in 1 months time, it will be gone... the Uniten people hate it

victor131490
post Dec 12 2007, 05:22 PM

Casual
367 posts

wah so teribble a?i jus planning to apply le.
walao.......
erikiholloman
post Dec 13 2007, 11:30 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

uniten good.........come la...
stupidbump
post Dec 13 2007, 11:53 PM

ẴẸǬÜITẴŞ
952 posts

UNITEN sux big time...i also from there...lecturers used to be foreigners in the late 90s but since 2002 all retired and now mostly are local lecturers who don't even know what they are doing(only emphasize on what and how to greet them i.e Dr, Ir, Prof)...i was once scolded by a female lecturer because she was an IR and i refered her as a Dr only.

my whole 5 years of exams were self studied..

accomodation are more expensive then rented master rooms outside...food court provides shit and you eat grass on weekends..facilities all damn and spoilt...miscelaneous fees are ridiculously high and you don't get what you deserved...graduation day was like hell day..

#conclusion: nothing is well organized...all they know is how to charge you for this and that..ever seen a car being summoned in a university? and the summons are more expensive than DBKL and MPPJ.

lecturers park near to the faculty and students need to park far away and spaces are limited for students and abundant for lecturers. So if you are in a hurry and park in the lecturer's parking space, you get a summon.
Like one of my lecturer Dr. Johnny said: this is unfair as we students are the ones paying the lecturers and we can be considered as their indirect boss!!

#worst lecturers: zolman, chai mei kim, adnan rosely, kannan, bashir, lariyah (all dunno what they are there for in the first place)

#best lecturers: Dr.Talal, Johnny, Lim Chin Wai (well educated and dedicted to students)

*lecturers sucks,dean sucks,admin staff sucks,facilities sucks, food court sucks, classes sucks, exam hall sucks, in the end----> results also sucks...but i manage to pass with flying colours la shakehead.gif

This post has been edited by stupidbump: Dec 13 2007, 11:58 PM
fruitie
post Dec 14 2007, 01:42 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(stupidbump @ Dec 13 2007, 11:53 PM)
UNITEN sux big time...i also from there...lecturers used to be foreigners in the late 90s but since 2002 all retired and now mostly are local lecturers who don't even know what they are doing(only emphasize on what and how to greet them i.e Dr, Ir, Prof)...i was once scolded by a female lecturer because she was an IR and i refered her as a Dr only.

my whole 5 years of exams were self studied..

accomodation are more expensive then rented master rooms outside...food court provides shit and you eat grass on weekends..facilities all damn and spoilt...miscelaneous fees are ridiculously high and you don't get what you deserved...graduation day was like hell day..

#conclusion: nothing is well organized...all they know is how to charge you for this and that..ever seen a car being summoned in a university? and the summons are more expensive than DBKL and MPPJ.

lecturers park near to the faculty and students need to park far away and spaces are limited for students and abundant for lecturers. So if you are in a hurry and park in the lecturer's parking space, you get a summon.
Like one of my lecturer Dr. Johnny said: this is unfair as we students are the ones paying the lecturers and we can be considered as their indirect boss!!

#worst lecturers: zolman, chai mei kim, adnan rosely, kannan, bashir, lariyah (all dunno what they are there for in the first place)

#best lecturers: Dr.Talal, Johnny, Lim Chin Wai (well educated and dedicted to students)

*lecturers sucks,dean sucks,admin staff sucks,facilities sucks, food court sucks, classes sucks, exam hall sucks, in the end----> results also sucks...but i manage to pass with flying colours la shakehead.gif
Is really that bad? I have two cousins who are Uniten's graduates, both are engineers now, I didn't hear them talking about all this. If not, they won't encourage another cousin to study there, who is already in his first year Degree of Engineering there... hmm.gif
stupidbump
post Dec 14 2007, 07:27 PM

ẴẸǬÜITẴŞ
952 posts

Well...what year did they grad? the 97 batch of course had the best from Uni10..
fruitie
post Dec 14 2007, 07:35 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(stupidbump @ Dec 14 2007, 07:27 PM)
Well...what year did they grad? the 97 batch of course had the best from Uni10..
One of my cousins graduated in year 2005, an E&E grad, good pay I presume.
Another one cousin, she graduated last year with double Degree in E&E and Power Electrical. She graduated with very good results, most of the time she got 4.0 for her exams. smile.gif
TSskinnydude
post Dec 15 2007, 12:29 AM

On my way
522 posts

wah, i didn't expect so much of negative response.. but its the truth.. UNITEN maybe has many cons but they still do have some pros..
it is said that UNITEN is the 2nd best IPTS behind UTP. and most students would get job even before graduating.. i hope all that r the truth.. biggrin.gif
i just don't know y UNITEN doesn't get any many (+) remarks as MMU.. for me, i think UNITEN is a better institute then MMU.. for offense MMU guys.. smile.gif .. i think the main problem is UNITEN has too little girls.. so, to all UNITEN guys out there, please encourage your sisters or friends (girls) to enter UNITEN.. blush.gif it would be a life saver solution for UNITEN..

fruitie
post Dec 15 2007, 01:21 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(skinnydude @ Dec 15 2007, 12:29 AM)
wah, i didn't expect so much of negative response.. but its the truth.. UNITEN maybe has many cons but they still do have some pros..
it is said that UNITEN is the 2nd best IPTS behind UTP. and most students would get job even before graduating.. i hope all that r the truth..  biggrin.gif
i just don't know y UNITEN doesn't get any many (+) remarks as MMU.. for me, i think UNITEN is a better institute then MMU.. for offense MMU guys..  smile.gif .. i think the main problem is UNITEN has too little girls.. so, to all UNITEN guys out there, please encourage your sisters or friends (girls) to enter UNITEN..  blush.gif it would be a life saver solution for UNITEN..
Well, MMU graduates also get jobs even before they graduate. smile.gif
MMU is not that bad. wink.gif
TSskinnydude
post Dec 15 2007, 02:01 AM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Dec 15 2007, 01:21 AM)
Well, MMU graduates also get jobs even before they graduate. smile.gif
MMU is not that bad. wink.gif
sorry if i offended u... just voiced out my opinion.. notworthy.gif
fruitie
post Dec 15 2007, 03:13 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(skinnydude @ Dec 15 2007, 02:01 AM)
sorry if i offended u... just voiced out my opinion..  notworthy.gif
No, I am fine with it. wink.gif Everyone has the right to voice out their opinions. smile.gif
Darkmage12
post Dec 15 2007, 03:38 AM

shhhhhhhhh come i tell you something hehe
All Stars
17,053 posts

QUOTE(skinnydude @ Dec 15 2007, 12:29 AM)
it is said that UNITEN is the 2nd best IPTS behind UTP. and most students would get job even before graduating.. i hope all that r the truth..  biggrin.gif
i just don't know y UNITEN doesn't get any many (+) remarks as MMU.. for me, i think UNITEN is a better institute then MMU.. for offense MMU guys..  smile.gif .. i think the main problem is UNITEN has too little girls.. so, to all UNITEN guys out there, please encourage your sisters or friends (girls) to enter UNITEN..  blush.gif it would be a life saver solution for UNITEN..
then where does MMU stand? behind UNITEN?
fruitie
post Dec 15 2007, 03:59 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(Darkmage12 @ Dec 15 2007, 03:38 AM)
then where does MMU stand? behind UNITEN?
Ya, I really wish to know about that too since I have not heard about this before. wink.gif
I hope that skinnydude is able to find us the source from the Internet to support his claim. smile.gif

128 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0387sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:07 AM