Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Are there any Open Source Inventory Systems

views

TSahhoe80
post Sep 11 2007, 03:44 PM, updated 17y ago

Casual
404 posts

Just as the topic title mentioned, I would like to ask everyone here whether have they come across any open source inventory system in the market right now. Preferably a web based kind which can be used locally on a computer will do. generate reports etc.

Please advise. thanks. smile.gif
jy14
post Sep 11 2007, 04:02 PM

**New 5-star General**
824 posts

QUOTE(ahhoe80 @ Sep 11 2007, 03:44 PM)
Just as the topic title mentioned, I would like to ask everyone here whether have they come across any open source inventory system in the market right now. Preferably a web based kind which can be used locally on a computer will do. generate reports etc.

Please advise. thanks.  smile.gif
I would like to know if there is any too.

Thanks in advance. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
TSahhoe80
post Sep 11 2007, 04:09 PM

Casual
404 posts

I would like to re describe what i want. Well, its not like those online shopping cart system/software. No, im not looking for those. Its something like MYOB to keep track of all the inventory in the shop.

Not a really high tech one but one that is able to keep track of stocks will do. please advice

fyire
post Sep 11 2007, 10:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
VIP
9,270 posts

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=inventory&s...s&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Quite a few there, so have fun testing them out to see which one suits your needs best.
cniht
post Sep 27 2007, 05:35 PM

1 posts

Well, i wrote one for my final year project....still have the source code...it's an inventory management and a POS all in one.

Should i share the source code? Well, i'm willing to...but i have to ask my project partner for permission too. Tell me if you're interested...It's in VB6...but i'm sure you just wanna know the concepts and features..not how it's coded..wink.gif

QUOTE(ahhoe80 @ Sep 11 2007, 04:09 PM)
I would like to re describe what i want. Well, its not like those online shopping cart system/software. No, im not looking for those. Its something like MYOB to keep track of all the inventory in the shop.

Not a really high tech one but one that is able to keep track of stocks will do. please advice
peh
post Sep 28 2007, 11:53 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(cniht @ Sep 27 2007, 05:35 PM)
Well, i wrote one for my final year project....still have the source code...it's an inventory management and a POS all in one.

Should i share the source code? Well, i'm willing to...but i have to ask my project partner for permission too. Tell me if you're interested...It's in VB6...but i'm sure you just wanna know the concepts and features..not how it's coded..wink.gif
Sound interesting ya..
mind to share?
nyem
post Sep 28 2007, 12:28 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

Take a look at slashdot article Open Source Inventory Control Systems? and go through the posted discussion. Someone posted a link to an open source system that you can download and use...

soonx
post Sep 28 2007, 02:03 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

Try this out. is written in PHP and MySQL.

Item Inventory is used for managing inventory datas. It can be used for many departments like IT, stock, office,.. It is web based and secure. It is tested against sql injections. You can use it for all your inventory operations easily.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/item-inventory/

user posted image
anson81
post Dec 13 2007, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(cniht @ Sep 27 2007, 05:35 PM)

is really appreciate if you willing to share with us....
can send to my email? anson81@gmail.com

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:21 PM