Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Help.. Boot win xp setup frm usb cdrom., sumone could help me.

views

TSdjdevan
post Aug 10 2007, 04:53 PM, updated 17y ago

Casual
417 posts

hi frens out ther.. i havin my frens laptop.. curently the os hav corrupted. i wan to reinstall the windows. but the cd rom drive is spoil..ealier my fren said it because sumtin wrong in the laptop mobo..it cause the cd rom dosent work...
so he is using usb cd rom... i hav tried bootin win xp setup frm the usb cd rom...but it dosent detect.. i hav set the bios to boot as removable device...still it neva boot frm the cd rom... could anyone hav idea how to do it?? or is ther anyway to install winxp other than from usb cd rom?
rich8833
post Aug 10 2007, 05:38 PM

Look at my stars!
2,194 posts

QUOTE(djdevan @ Aug 10 2007, 04:53 PM)
hi frens out ther.. i havin my frens laptop.. curently the os hav corrupted. i wan to reinstall the windows. but the cd rom drive is spoil..ealier my fren said it because sumtin wrong in the laptop mobo..it cause the cd rom dosent work...
so he is using usb cd rom... i hav tried bootin win xp setup frm the usb cd rom...but it dosent detect.. i hav set the bios to boot as removable device...still it neva boot frm the cd rom... could anyone hav idea how to do it?? or is ther anyway to install winxp other than from usb cd rom?
http://www.syschat.com/install-windows-xp-...ppy-cd-463.html
hungryJack
post Aug 10 2007, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(djdevan @ Aug 10 2007, 04:53 PM)
Ermm, your problem sound familiar to me ... i had this experience before ... As far as i remember i resolve this issue from BIOS setting there... make sure the boot sequence is correct lo .. MUST boot from CD-ROM. Then u need to check if some setting like Legacy USB is being enable or not ... because i don't know what brand u're using now
Jieb
post Aug 10 2007, 05:45 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

plug ur flash drive..
enter bios setting and go to "boot" section and press "F6" to move "hard drive" device up, press enter on the "hard drive" option and press "F6" to move the "USB Drive"device up. after all the change are set press "F10" to exit and save set..

reboot.. windows setup starts..
TSdjdevan
post Aug 10 2007, 10:52 PM

Casual
417 posts

thanx guys.... ill check it.. if still couldnt figure out.. ill holla bak...for now i m away frm da laptop...
lzip
post Oct 16 2008, 01:58 PM

2 posts

http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/11/installin...-usb-thumb.html biggrin.gif tongue.gif smile.gif sad.gif Just Found it!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.78    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:12 PM