10 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> IdealVPN service is slacking, IdealVPN service is slacking

kakarocht
post Aug 13 2007, 12:32 PM

Hibernate Time.............
3,254 posts

Virgo server down.... doh.gif mad.gif .....
deathbringer
post Aug 13 2007, 12:53 PM

I'll Pwn j00 !!
1,158 posts

all servers are going down faster than the Titanic. has anyone actually searched out DS's home?
stevenlys
post Aug 13 2007, 01:58 PM

Enthusiast
840 posts

Ds's con us all. I think is this for us to do some report to police!

This post has been edited by stevenlys: Aug 13 2007, 01:58 PM
psYCHopath
post Aug 15 2007, 04:46 AM

Collector / Trader of Hamster
951 posts

perridot.com is still alive!

http://www.perridot.com/home/client-profile/

i found out this site has some activity

http://schoolnet.com.my/faqs/2007/08/
http://schoolnet.com.my/faqs/2007/07/

Added on August 15, 2007, 5:09 am
QUOTE(jadelee @ Aug 13 2007, 12:40 AM)
Yes Bolehvpn is very stable and consistent. At least they have good support.  rclxms.gif
hmm.gif last time Bolehvpn also not stable ler...and Idealvpn support was better. thats why many migrated to Idealvpn.

This post has been edited by psYCHopath: Aug 15 2007, 05:09 AM
Reuben
post Aug 15 2007, 09:22 AM

Firo
667 posts

I forget when you subscribed but yes we had a period of instability which has been resolved. I'm sorry your subscription with us occurred during this period. To make up I can offer you 4 extra days if you choose to resubscribe with us. Please pm me. Do not reply to this thread on this matter as I don't want to go OT.

A bit off topic but I need to defend myself hence I am putting this in a spoiler. Please reply to this in a pm if you wish.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Back on topic, why don't since you guys are the one affected, give his company a call rather than pushing the responsibility here and there. I would do it myself but don't really see what I have to do with this since I am not affected and therefore I shouldn't be butting into other people's dispute. Can say I have no 'locus standi'...hahaha. I too would like to see this guy brought to justice or at least let his friends and maybe wife know that he's a conman. Especially since it was his wife's account that was being used. to put in the money.

Please do something guys.

cstkl1
post Aug 15 2007, 06:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,799 posts

QUOTE(Reuben @ Aug 15 2007, 09:22 AM)
I forget when you subscribed but yes we had a period of instability which has been resolved. I'm sorry your subscription with us occurred during this period. To make up I can offer you 4 extra days if you choose to resubscribe with us. Please pm me. Do not reply to this thread on this matter as I don't want to go OT.

A bit off topic but I need to defend myself hence I am putting this in a spoiler. Please reply to this in a pm if you wish.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Back on topic, why don't since you guys are the one affected, give his company a call rather than pushing the responsibility here and there. I would do it myself but don't really see what I have to do with this since I am not affected and therefore I shouldn't be butting into other people's dispute. Can say I have no 'locus standi'...hahaha. I too would like to see this guy brought to justice or at least let his friends and maybe wife know that he's a conman. Especially since it was his wife's account that was being used. to put in the money.

errr so far bolehvpn pretty good for me ppl...

ideal was good while it lasted...
the fella ran off with RM400 of my dough...
stardust
post Aug 15 2007, 09:13 PM

Casual
454 posts

leo server down already .
gone with my 2 months money.
FCUK89
post Aug 15 2007, 10:21 PM

www.bigvisionsocialmedia.com
955 posts

QUOTE(stardust @ Aug 15 2007, 09:13 PM)
leo server down already .
gone with my 2 months money.
Yeah I thought so too, that's why I wonder why can't connect.
Gone with my 11 months money.

I guess I am the only one here which lost the most money.

XCremator
post Aug 16 2007, 12:17 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

LoL luckily I pay month to month basis.

But then again. Im very satisfied with his service for VPN. Good support also, if he is a conman, then pity him lo since his business for me is running good and he can make a lot of profit from it.

Does anyone here check any obituaries or something, since he is in sibu, maybe this guy got into an accident and is dead or coma? for me so hard to think this as a scam since they deliver quite a service for VPN, and so so for TF

Moral of the story:

Always pay month to month basis for network service, 1 year lump sum is too risky.

This post has been edited by XCremator: Aug 16 2007, 12:19 AM
kuokyeow
post Aug 16 2007, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
221 posts

yup, ds support is very nice and fast.
connection also very good. im on 512 packages.. speed very consistent 50 - 53.

too bad, its down.
Fyrekat
post Aug 16 2007, 11:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,232 posts

QUOTE(Reuben @ Aug 15 2007, 09:22 AM)

Yes, I think those of us who have paid for his service should do something about this. Those who subscribed for a month only might not have lost much, but the loss is still there and for those who were on longer term it's even worse. Being cheated is the same regardless of the amount.

I'm seriously considering lodging a police report, now I'm just looking to see what should be included in the report. Some people have mentioned about what we use the service for and so how to make a police report due to the legality of our usage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's nothing to do with our report. We paid for a service and the provider has run off without providing the said service, end of story. In any case, VPN can be used for perfectly legal reasons (I'm sure Reuben can give us details on what those are, hahaha).

Regarding calling his company, is this his own or he's just an employee there? And is it related to the VPN service he was providing? If they're not involved, the most we can do is inform their HR department of his 'work' outside the company. This would only affect his employment there, if there's any effect at all.

And as for his wife, I will include her in the report. Maybe she's innocent but she is just as likely to be in on it as well since it's her account being used to receive payments involved in this scam. I'd say she's an accomplice.

So to cut a long story short, don't just take the attitude that you didn't lose much so don't bother to do anything. We need to send out the message that we're genuine customers who will not tolerate cheats.

If anyone can provide advice on how we should proceed, that would be great. In the meantime, I'm going to look into it as well and will post again once I've determined the course of action I can take.

Don't just give up!

psYCHopath
post Aug 16 2007, 01:22 PM

Collector / Trader of Hamster
951 posts

edited.require permission from writer first.
now i have the person's permission to post this.

Dear xxx

Darrell Ding was with us as one of the developer for a period of 6 months last year, various disciplinary warnings and actions had been issued to him while he was with us, for bad working attitudes, smocking, late-in-work and disturbances to co-workers. He had borrowed money from co-workers as well as committed thefts and hacking activities. We had lost digital cameras, hard disks in the office.

We had given him show cause letters in December 2006, and he had disappeared from work overnight. He had befriended a few of our staff in using their Credit Cards for various registrations of domains and services, and continued to do so after he disappear from the company.

I do not what had happen to your group, but if he had committed certain hacking activities or fraud cases, I hope you can make your own police report and follow up by complaints to MCMC, if cybercrimes were committed.

I hope you can make this known to your groups, so that they will not attack our live sites and services to customers, which we considered as spamming activities.

Hope this help your groups.

Regards

CEO

Perridot Systems

This post has been edited by psYCHopath: Aug 16 2007, 02:40 PM
Reuben
post Aug 16 2007, 01:59 PM

Firo
667 posts

Btw for the avoidance of doubt I am not DS.

Someone pmed me saying that there were some rumours that I was DS. Although this is the first time I have heard this, I thought I should preempt this once and for all.

A bit of logic:

1) I have been running this business with rainbow6 since March. IdealVPN was running strong then with DS. Sooooo if I was DS, why should I set up another competitor to compete with my own business when I am doing well? Anyone who knows me long enough from before my bolehvpn days knows that I have been a mod at MyT and other things and never concealed my identity or real name which is Reuben Yap Wen Wui. And no, this doesn't bear any resemblance to Darrell Ding Hock Wei unless you want to say it rhymes.

2) I have regular bashings of DS, publically scolding him of stealing my guides and when queried, I never shirked away from explaining what DS did to me and even Amavant. So if I was DS, I would be stealing my OWN guides and then scolding MYSELF for stealing what are MY THINGS. Wow makes perfect sense!

So unless you're a crazy conspiracy nut who thinks I set up this whole elaborate 'war' as a means to hide my true identity as DS, you really need to get yourself checked in the head. Seriously.

Fyrekat: I believe Psychopath has tried e-mailing him, I'll leave it to her to explain the rest.

This post has been edited by Reuben: Aug 16 2007, 02:00 PM
Klesk
post Aug 16 2007, 02:13 PM

3,466 posts

my gemini still running fine. haha... luckily i'm paying monthly basis...
redlyfs
post Aug 16 2007, 02:18 PM

T-Roll
971 posts

I'm on Virgo. paid montly thank God.
I don't really care about the money, but if you guys can hunt him down I'd like to take part in releasing stress =)
Reuben
post Aug 16 2007, 02:45 PM

Firo
667 posts

From our sources

The contributor wishes to remain anonymous:

He had an International group that had been actively involved in hacking data Centre servers, and use them as forwarding hosts for their services, not sure whether what he had offered recently to your group is part of the hacked servers, with some of the services terminated when the actual server owner recover their compromised server.

A few of our datacenter servers were compromised with the assistance of one of the ex-staff, who he had befriended previously. We had since patched some of the back door for these servers. He remained actively monitor our activities, and I believe your forum as well.

He's floating in the region, with parents in Singapore and London, could have some relative in Bintulu, which we were not able to trace previously when he did similar things to some of the co-workers early this year.

His gangs strike every once in a while and take off for holiday, offering outsource programming projects and planting backdoors in the delivered works.

Added on August 16, 2007, 3:52 pmBtw please take note of the following:

planting backdoors in the delivered works.

Those who have had let him into your computers or have used his custom package (not downloaded from the OpenVPN site)...I highly suggest a format.

I spoke to an anonymous IdealVPN customer:
Reuben: i'm a bit worried about this
planting backdoors in the delivered works.
he deliver custom idealvpn packages

IdealVPN Customer: ya i know tat
lucky pc is formatted

Reuben: hehe

IdealVPN Customer: should inform ppl
at lowyat
cos there was once he mask what he was doing while vnc to my pc

Reuben: how he mask

IdealVPN Customer: means u let him setup vpn
open vpn installation and the cert settings
mask as he put d setting so the end user wont know what he is doing

I note his custom OpenVPN packages have left some registry settings behind. I only caught a few that made further OpenVPN installations impossible but who knows what other things he put in there?

This post has been edited by Reuben: Aug 16 2007, 03:53 PM
kurogane
post Aug 16 2007, 04:30 PM

Casual
489 posts

Hmm... so far as for my installation goes, I didn't find anything suspicious in my registry yet.

I actually installed using an official OpenVPN exe, then only added in his OpenVPN config files later on. Anyways, I'll see if anything suspicious pops up later. Reuben, if it's possible, could you post out the location of any suspicious registry keys you found?

On another note, Gemini server still running strong. Really a pity this shit had to happen. At least I got my full value out of it biggrin.gif.

This post has been edited by kurogane: Aug 16 2007, 04:31 PM
Reuben
post Aug 16 2007, 04:41 PM

Firo
667 posts

QUOTE(kurogane @ Aug 16 2007, 04:30 PM)
Hmm... so far as for my installation goes, I didn't find anything suspicious in my registry yet.

I actually installed using an official OpenVPN exe, then only added in his OpenVPN config files later on. Anyways, I'll see if anything suspicious pops up later. Reuben, if it's possible, could you post out the location of any suspicious registry keys you found?

On another note, Gemini server still running strong. Really a pity this shit had to happen. At least I got my full value out of it biggrin.gif.
If you installed using the official openVPN then it isn't a problem, it's more for those who use the IdealVPN OpenVPN installation which installs itself as IdealVPN.

The registry keys i can't quite remember but they were in the 'openvpn-gui' entry. I did a search for idealvpn

This post has been edited by Reuben: Aug 16 2007, 04:41 PM
adx
post Aug 16 2007, 04:42 PM

48 posts

No wonder he tried to talk me to subscribe for one year last month. Luckily I only take it for one month. He already has a layout plan for his scam. Another 11 days remaining goes to the drain. Shit. BTW, for ppl who want to do police report, tell the police that we use this service to secure our connection when we use public wifi/hotspot. To ppl who ever use his VPN to do banking/card credit better change the password or do something, coz he might have log somewhere on the server.
precursor80
post Aug 16 2007, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

Use sysinternals Autorun to check thru the startup items.

This will list down all dlls loaded and all process started at Windows startup. It will even filter out signed Microsoft entries so you can concentrate on the rest to see if there's anything out of place.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

10 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0279sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:03 PM