New broadband service, iBurst by iZZinet Sdn Bhd

views

kevyon6
post Nov 24 2007, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
175 posts

well all the options that i can summarize here
1) lodge ur complaints to the CS
2) try tweak ur internet settings (like i suggested earlier using tools like tweakmaster)
3) get an antenna if ur signal is weak (excellent signal is anyhow better than good signal in some way)
4) cancel your subscription
5) argue who is better in debating which leads to personal insults tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kevyon6: Nov 24 2007, 11:36 AM
prasys
post Nov 24 2007, 11:50 AM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(wr6969 @ Nov 23 2007, 06:25 PM)

Added on November 23, 2007, 6:29 pm

This kind of attitude doesn't bode well for future customers.  If you are having a problem, solve it.  Don't just tell customers to phuck off.  It's not nice, and doesn't build customer loyalty.  And since you seem work for Izzi, do we take it that this is the official line from the company?  Take it or leave it?  Put up with the shitty service or ask for a refund?  And the best part is, the refund conveniently deducts a portion of money although it could be none of the customer's fault.  Nice way of doing business, if you ask me - sell a service which sucks, then during the refund process, conveniently deduct a sum of money and keep it in your own pocket.  I believe this is called a scam in most parts of the world  wink.gif

And I believe most of us here have called up customer service as well as written to them.  How many times do we have to call or write in before something significant and "real" is done to solve these problems?  All I see are "we're putting up more base stations" but people are still complaining about slow speeds.  What gives?

Perhaps IzziNet should be renamed IzziCon? tongue.gif
I have to agree on your point. This goes to almost all the ISPs (There is only one special exceptional here - JARING. Their Engineers and technical staff are very talented. Kudos for them. They do know what they are actually doing. I've to salute them) especially Maxis. The problem lies with the ISP itself , they are interested in making money and not providing the customers with quality service. Yes , I am aware of QoS , Limited Availability of IPV4 address and International Link nodes but it is not an excuse to provide a cheap service. Now my advice is that instead of putting up base stations and expanding your 'coverage' , you should also improvise on your Technical support side and your connection. I know Wireless has many factors that reduces its speed, but at least do provide your customers with 80% of advertised Speed. That would certainly put a smile in your customer's face. I know you guys are old new players in the broadband block. If you manage to build a successful relationship with a customer , they would remain loyal {as most of the customers out there are looking for a decent connection}. Once you have the relationship you can go ahead and setup more base stations.

Oh yes , I would like to dedicate this message to 'maxis folks' as well.
doublef
post Nov 24 2007, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

I`m live in danau kota setapak.

i need some suggestion.

i need to apply streamyx or izzi?(i can pay cash for izzi package)

i`m a mmorpg player!must online 24/7 and cannot DC.

if i apply izzi, how about after 12 month? i must buy that device again? can i just reload?

I`m really confused because izzi is new.

expertester
post Nov 24 2007, 12:42 PM

Casual
321 posts

Check your PM doublef.

1. Apply streamyx or izzi? Both depend on your place. Streamyx use ADSL which is limited to 3 miles copper cable lenght..unless fibre optic with pizza box. Izzi has open air limitation signal transfer too. So, if i were you, I will ak my neighbour about the streamyx performance, always dc or not. For izzi, ask the izzi salesperson to come to your house and setup a demo for you. Test it as much as you want.

2. mmorpg player, should not experience any lag using izzi, unless you got super brain and eye to notice 0.3 second lag (2moons international server for example). But, online FPS, i can't comment much. my Izzi (except that crap day), rarely disconnect. Almost no disconnection at all (unless i restart my pc).

3. After 12 months period, you may subscribe izzi base on monthly basis or annual basis...just like prepaid card. Izzi modem already yours at that moment.

ps : if you ask me, izzi offer one of the sweet contract actually...only 1 year, able to get the iburst modem, subscription after that like prepaid (handphone).
doublef
post Nov 24 2007, 12:55 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

how much for izzi prepaid card after 12 month expired?

expertester
post Nov 24 2007, 01:00 PM

Casual
321 posts

izziYou package, RM 98 per month.
wayfeel
post Nov 25 2007, 12:49 AM

Member of Elite Negotiators xD
2,114 posts

QUOTE(madman.com @ Nov 24 2007, 10:59 AM)
Yeah right, we can see the Izzi employee are trying to defend themselves here. But my opinion is pls kindly take note about the constructive advice from the existing Izzi user side. This is bcoz most of them are ex-screamyx users, their complaints and advices are just to make sure that Izzi wont end up like TMnut. Im sure all of us do hope that this new isp will solve our current headache/disappointment with TMnut.
yala....bein internet is essential nowadays....cannot simply ask us to refund la where do we go then, wher is ur civic responsibility lol....isp must buckle up ,not ask us refund everytime problem cannot solve. if like tht how to improve....i tot ur existence is to serve us....not chase us off lol
kevyon6
post Nov 25 2007, 01:54 AM

Getting Started
175 posts

i've been checking out other iburst forum also..same problem. more users -> bandwidth decreased ->requires to build more towers. i guess this will be an ongoing cycle. its just the matter of how fast they can build more towers before each areas reach a limit
TSJinXXX
post Nov 25 2007, 04:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

QUOTE(kevyon6 @ Nov 25 2007, 01:54 AM)
i've been checking out other iburst forum also..same problem. more users -> bandwidth decreased ->requires to build more towers. i guess this will be an ongoing cycle. its just the matter of how fast they can build more  towers before each areas reach a limit
just a simple questions...
won't more tower = more radio radiation = affect your brain and all ?

wayfeel
post Nov 25 2007, 08:38 AM

2,114 posts

QUOTE(JinXXX @ Nov 25 2007, 04:14 AM)
just a simple questions...
won't more tower = more radio radiation = affect your brain and all ?
ive checked wit the WHO, witout the rocket science explaination, concluded the radio tower is safe....well if tht aint the truth, then WHO is a whole load of conspiracy then lol. i was among the first one to check it since i live very close to one....anyway, much better than high tension electric tower....if no radio tower, ur hp is dead vs. brain cook tht u concern of lol
wr6969
post Nov 25 2007, 12:06 PM

Casual
314 posts

QUOTE(expertester @ Nov 24 2007, 12:42 PM)
1. Apply streamyx or izzi? Both depend on your place. Streamyx use ADSL which is limited to 3 miles copper cable lenght..unless fibre optic with pizza box. Izzi has open air limitation signal transfer too. So, if i were you, I will ak my neighbour about the streamyx performance, always dc or not. For izzi, ask the izzi salesperson to come to your house and setup a demo for you. Test it as much as you want.

(a) Whether Streamyx disconnects frequently or not could be due to bad wiring to your house. Your neighbour may not be affected, so this is not the best test for connection reliability.

(b) As for the Izzi salesperson to come over to your abode, bear in mind that they are bringing their own terminals to do the connection. Unless someone can confirm to the contrary, I believe each device's ID is tied to a username/password combination. Izzi can easily configure the test account such that its traffic can have a higher priority over all other subscriber's traffic, so you get some excellent test results. This dastardly move would not be beyond Malaysian companies just to make some sales. The customer is so impressed with the test results that he/she signs up on the spot. I'm not saying this is practised, but bear this in mind. I recall reading in this thread where people have complained that during the testing they achieved impressive speeds, but later, the connection quality began to degrade.

3. After 12 months period, you may subscribe izzi base on monthly basis or annual basis...just like prepaid card. Izzi modem already yours at that moment.

I was told by their back office personnel that "reloads" are only available in a minimum 3 month package. So you either renew for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. Maybe they've changed their minds. Who knows? When I spoke to them about three months ago, the price had yet to be finalised because the service had just been launched, and no subscriber would encounter the renewal situation at least until the second quarter of 2008.

ps : if you ask me, izzi offer one of the sweet contract actually...only 1 year, able to get the iburst modem, subscription after that like prepaid (handphone).
What exactly are you comparing this against then? Maxis wireless broadband packages? Celcom's broadband packages? Jaring wireless? u-mobile? Etc?

I'd be interested to see how you arrived at this conclusion wink.gif

QUOTE(doublef @ Nov 24 2007, 12:55 PM)

how much for izzi prepaid card after 12 month expired?
QUOTE(expertester @ Nov 24 2007, 01:00 PM)
izziYou package, RM 98 per month.

The cost of the IzziYou package now costs RM98 monthly, and this includes the cost of the hardware. The subscriber is actually paying for the hardware, which he/she owns after 12 months. Therefore, since the hardware is already purchased, the cost for renewal MUST be lower than RM98. Pricing it at RM98 will mean the subscriber is paying again for the hardware, which is a scam grumble.gif

If you don't know what I mean, take a look at their current packages here.

IzziOne RM 66/mth, IzziYou RM 98/mth, IzziPro RM 118/mth, IzziTeam RM 180/mth

The service level for all products is identical; the only difference is the hardware. So the difference in pricing can only be attributed to the cost of the hardware which the subscriber is purchasing.

So, I say again, the cost of renewal once the 12 months is up must be lower than what they are advertising for their packages now, unless they're out to make a killing from renewals.

Also, on the subject of renewals, since they haven't announced up front what the costs will be, they can price it sky high later. The subscriber will have no choice but to not continue. What happens to the hardware then? It can only be used for Izzi's iBurst service in Malaysia, and since there will be no other iBurst providers in Malaysia, you're stuck with a useless piece of hardware which you can only sell to future subscribers, probably at a low price. And you'll have a lot of trouble selling it, because the potential market is small compared to other wireless services. With a 3G/HSDPA device, that device can be used for services from Maxis, Celcom and u-mobile for now; and DiGi later. All these should be factors in your buying decision.

QUOTE(kevyon6 @ Nov 25 2007, 01:54 AM)
i've been checking out other iburst forum also..same problem. more users -> bandwidth decreased ->requires to build more towers. i guess this will be an ongoing cycle. its just the matter of how fast they can build more  towers before each areas reach a limit
Yes, this is only part of the solution. Building more base stations will improve coverage and perhaps reliability. Of equal, if not more importance, is the need to have sufficient capacity to the internet. What's point of having 1,000 base stations covering the entire country when their bandwidth to the internet is 10mbps?

And like I've mentioned before, I wish the firmware was not modified so that we could at least examine the load factor on the base station we're connected to. If you surf on over to the South African iBurst forums, you'll see that those people have written some open source programs that allow you to connect to the IzziPro device and get detailed information for each station that your device can "see". Why not have this transparency as well for Izzi? Surely they're not trying to hide something from the unsuspecting public?

QUOTE(wayfeel @ Nov 25 2007, 08:38 AM)
....anyway, much better than high tension electric tower....
All wireless services emit radiation. Why aren't we worried about the radiation from our mobile phone service? From Astro? From all sorts of wireless signals that are out there nowadays? Why just focus on worrying about Izzi's signals?

And there has not been one single dependable, credible and reliable report linking health problems conclusively to living beneath high tension electricity cables wink.gif
kevyon6
post Nov 25 2007, 12:15 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

yup they have a program called utTracestar to check the load on listed station. u guys can check out http://hellburst.za.net, i think its some sort of a hate site of iburst,lol.

wr6969
post Nov 25 2007, 12:20 PM

Casual
314 posts

QUOTE(kevyon6 @ Nov 25 2007, 12:15 PM)
yup they have a program called utTracestar to check the load on listed station. u guys can check out http://hellburst.za.net, i think its some sort of a hate site of iburst,lol.
Yes, that's the software, thanks for helping me out, kevyon6! I believe there's another one that provides almost the same information; I can't seem to remember what it was.

The program doesn't work with my IzziPro device. Maybe I'm just an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing tongue.gif

Perhaps future subscribers can ask the tester to bring along a program that shows the current load on the base station when they come over to test, just to make sure you're not being connected to an over-saturated base station? After all, forking out this kind of money is not a small matter, no?

And let's hope we don't have to set up a similar site for Izzi's services in Malaysia whistling.gif

This post has been edited by wr6969: Nov 25 2007, 12:21 PM
expertester
post Nov 25 2007, 01:35 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(wr6969 @ Nov 25 2007, 12:06 PM)
(a) Whether Streamyx disconnects frequently or not could be due to bad wiring to your house.  Your neighbour may not be affected, so this is not the best test for connection reliability.

(b) As for the Izzi salesperson to come over to your abode, bear in mind that they are bringing their own terminals to do the connection.  Unless someone can confirm to the contrary, I believe each device's ID is tied to a username/password combination.  Izzi can easily configure the test account such that its traffic can have a higher priority over all other subscriber's traffic, so you get some excellent test results.  This dastardly move would not be beyond Malaysian companies just to make some sales.  The customer is so impressed with the test results that he/she signs up on the spot.  I'm not saying this is practised, but bear this in mind.  I recall reading in this thread where people have complained that during the testing they achieved impressive speeds, but later, the connection quality began to degrade.
I was told by their back office personnel that "reloads" are only available in a minimum 3 month package.  So you either renew for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year.  Maybe they've changed their minds.  Who knows?  When I spoke to them about three months ago, the price had yet to be finalised because the service had just been launched, and no subscriber would encounter the renewal situation at least until the second quarter of 2008.
What exactly are you comparing this against then?  Maxis wireless broadband packages?  Celcom's broadband packages?  Jaring wireless?  u-mobile? Etc?
Whoa whoa...chill out dude. Don't be such an aggressive man. It weekend by the way. Thanks for the very detail explanation regarding my post. Yes, no doubt, you make your point there, every single bit. But bear in mind my friend, not every one is very teachie and technical like you. Obvously, the person who ask do go thru all the post here. My advice is simple one but yes not flawless. It still depend on the telephone line wiring. But base on my experience, in my previous home at Kedah, TM net tend to allow streamyx connection even the phone line already more than 5 km. All my neighbour has some bad experience with me, espcially when raining.

About the price, monthly subscription etc, this information I got from the reseller. I should quote that earlier.

About the contract, I base on comparing with telekom 2 years and maxis 2 years...and no refund policy. Escpcially telekom, phone line 1 year and streamyx 2 year.

Added on November 25, 2007, 1:58 pmAbout the price RM98 etc, as consumer we will think that way. We pay for the hardware too. I was thinking that way too. But look at the brochure. They clearly state that the modems are free....that's the catch. Even, use any marketing sense available, there is no free things like that...but they make it as 'free', which able for them to charge RM98 in the upcoming year.

Streamyx practice the same way too. RM 88 with modem, and contract end after 2 years. After use it for more than 2 years, the cheapo zte modem is mine but still need to pay RM88. No matter they have promotion RM77 with modem or my contract already end.

If the cost of renewal after 12 month subscription will be much lower than RM98, let say even lower than RM66 (RM 50?), thank god. I dearly hope that will happen. But, to be honest, I do not put my hope on this. Sometime, in this practical corporate world...the world is not too idealist as we want.

This post has been edited by expertester: Nov 25 2007, 01:58 PM
dgtel2
post Nov 25 2007, 02:15 PM

Enthusiast
966 posts

Basic principle of economics, as the time goes by, the price WILL NEVER decrease. So if you pay RM98 now, next year could be same or higher. Errmmm.. next year confirm the oil price will be above $120. By then, ur RM98 could be more than RM98...
wr6969
post Nov 25 2007, 03:28 PM

Casual
314 posts

QUOTE(expertester @ Nov 25 2007, 01:35 PM)
Whoa whoa...chill out dude. Don't be such an aggressive man. It weekend by the way. Thanks for the very detail explanation regarding my post. Yes, no doubt, you make your point there, every single bit. But bear in mind my friend, not every one is very teachie and technical like you. Obvously, the person who ask do go thru all the post here. My advice is simple one but yes not flawless. It still depend on the telephone line wiring. But base on my experience, in my previous home at Kedah, TM net tend to allow streamyx connection even the phone line already more than 5 km. All my neighbour has some bad experience with me, espcially when raining.

laugh.gif No, I wasn't picking on you specifically, you have my apologies if you thought I was!

I was merely pointing out that disconnections with respect to Streamyx may not be all TMNet's fault. It could be bad wiring in your house that affects stability as well. And of course it goes without saying that TMNet shouldn't be installing ADSL services if one's home exceeds, I think, 4km, from the nearest exchange; otherwise it will result in all sorts of problems. But Malaysians are insistent, stubborn and at times, overly optimistic - they insist they want to try it out even though it's not advisable, then when things go wrong, everyone in the world is at fault except themselves, when the problem was "self-created" in the first place.

About the price, monthly subscription etc, this information I got from the reseller. I should quote that earlier.

I think I've said many times before, never ever believe 100% what the reseller tells you. Even when you speak to representatives of the company, they will still lie. In Malaysia, selling is more important than what you are selling. After sales service is almost non-existent. All that matters is making more sales. We have a long way to go before we fully embrace the customer service mentality common in the developed world.

About the contract, I base on comparing with telekom 2 years and maxis 2 years...and no refund policy. Escpcially telekom, phone line 1 year and streamyx 2 year.

I see. I wasn't aware that all new Streamyx contracts now have a minimum subscription period. I always thought that they only enforced minimum contract periods if you take one of the highly dubious offers which come with low quality, poorly designed made-in-China PoS.

When comparing, I've always said that you need to broaden your horizons a little. You have to take Celcom's Broadband and data only packages into account. You also have to take into account Maxis' Internet2Go offering. These have no minimum contract periods, the hardware can be purchased nowadays for as low as RM400 (and it's infinitely easier to sell off compared to a proprietary Izzi iBurst modem), and their coverage is infinitely better than Izzi's, if true mobility matters to you.

Added on November 25, 2007, 1:58 pmAbout the price RM98 etc, as consumer we will think that way. We pay for the hardware too. I was thinking that way too. But look at the brochure. They clearly state that the modems are free....that's the catch. Even, use any marketing sense available, there is no free things like that...but they make it as 'free', which able for them to charge RM98 in the upcoming year.

Streamyx practice the same way too. RM 88 with modem, and contract end after 2 years. After use it for more than 2 years, the cheapo zte modem is mine but still need to pay RM88. No matter they have promotion RM77 with modem or my contract already end.

If the cost of renewal after 12 month subscription will be much lower than RM98, let say even lower than RM66 (RM 50?), thank god. I dearly hope that will happen. But, to be honest, I do not put my hope on this. Sometime, in this practical corporate world...the world is not too idealist as we want.
That in essence, is what I'm voicing my concern about. There is no commitment from them to tell subscribers what they have to pay once the initial 12 month period is up for renewal. Like I said, they can price it high, thus leaving the subscriber no choice but to try to sell off their modems, and mark my words - it isn't going to be easy to sell with such a tiny market wink.gif

And of course the modems are not free. Only a moron would believe that. All their hardware packages are priced differently. If they were free, every package would be priced the same. Nothing else, nothing, I repeat, nothing, I repeat again, nothing, differs from package to package except for the hardware. If you sign up for IzziPro vis-a-vis the others, you don't get higher speeds. You don't get a bigger mailbox. Nada. Nothing. Zip. Nil. Takde beza laugh.gif And this is where they commit a very big lie, a big no no, in my books, if you're sincere about selling anything.

As long as you understand this, it's fine. But people often buy things with both eyes closed. They are seduced by fast speeds, short-skirted girls, easy-repayment-interest-free scams schemes, etc.

The other lie they are telling is that theirs is a "4G" technology. For those of us in the know, iBurst has been around for many years, and if you do your research on the internet, has "fallen by the wayside" in many countries that have tried them. If the iBurst technology is "4G", I'll jump from the top floor of KLCC tomorrow without a parachute doh.gif The official 4G definition by the IEEE is not scheduled until late 2008 at the earliest, according to reports on the web. To be fair to them though, they enclose 4G within quotation marks. Which means that they know they're lying, but they play it safe by enclosing it in quotes. I can also say, ""I am God"" and when challenged, I can then say, "eh not really lar, I am like Him only". This is another ploy to delude users into signing up for what users think is a leading edge service, but which is in fact, a technology which will be quickly obsoleted with the maturity of 3G services, and the introduction of WiMax. Mark my words.

And since we're on the topic of lies, their claim of being able to surf while moving at speeds of up to 100km/h has been put to the test, and it failed miserably, on the experience of one of the posters in this topic.

For me, this is a company full of lies, and is really really desperate for business as time passes. They're now offering an additional 3 months free access with some packages; original, loyal, pioneer-and-therefore-should-be-respected customers get nothing. If you wait long enough, when they get more desperate, they'll start throwing even more freebies, hence my advice a couple of posts up about waiting if you are really interested in this service.

So, having known all these, do you really want to do business with a company like this? Think long and hard. Even if you were desperate enough, does it justify taking a chance now that all these things are known? Only you can decide, depending on your appetite for risk.

QUOTE(dgtel2 @ Nov 25 2007, 02:15 PM)
Basic principle of economics, as the time goes by, the price WILL NEVER decrease.
Ahem...I hope you know this is not true? wink.gif
expertester
post Nov 25 2007, 04:08 PM

Casual
321 posts

Totally agree with you. Thats why on other thread...I rant all the way I want when I saw RM66 for PCMCIA package while they still enjoy 1 mbps...not fair man. Not every new notebook come with antique PCMCIA slot anymore. USB is the only way to go..gosh.

And to think this cheapo izziyou modem will cost around RM600+, I just feel wanna laugh out loud. I can't justify it in any sense.

Perhaps...izzi distributer or CS could explain to us about all those 'in doubt' things.
wayfeel
post Nov 25 2007, 06:02 PM

2,114 posts

u guys sounds made some few good points....i feel like ive been cheated oso for gettin usb....now i feel stupid d....

the hateburstsite is pretty cool, yeah lol

tis is gettin interesting....u guys keep it up ok....
u guys r the future of tmr generation ! peace brothers lol

Added on November 25, 2007, 6:06 pm
id love to see same tmnet *fan* site being set up too. cuz im such an enormous "fan" too...but surely ISA will come out to play like the usual....

This post has been edited by wayfeel: Nov 25 2007, 06:06 PM
Lovely_Gal
post Nov 27 2007, 12:11 AM

Getting Started
268 posts

How's now? Is there any updates? I have complained for few times for the problem that i faced (100% signal with less than 200kbps speed at Bukit Jalil) They said they are going to build the base station but cannot promised me and then give me extra 1 month subscription. =..=||

I am really wonder how many months of extension will i get if this situation continued... tongue.gif
wayfeel
post Nov 27 2007, 12:17 AM

2,114 posts

dono la....lately, daytime surfin speed very good. immediate after dinner time, the speed drop ....can feel wan!!! the feelin is like somebody close my water tap !!!!! damn tu lan now....is everybody experiencing the same as me or is it only me....jus wanto confirm

51 Pages « < 37 38 39 40 41 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0238sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:12 AM