Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Facebook Access Token, How to solve access token problem

views

TSeastmeetswest
post Jul 25 2017, 09:33 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
95 posts

Hi guys,

Im running an online business, and I bought this app from MaherPost to control all my postings and automate it.

I managed to complete the facebook access token request and activation by using Bookmarklet method. They suppose to do it, but the app company will need to login into my facebook and I really dont want that.

However, recently, the token expired, and following diagram is the warning that is shown within the app.

Attached Image

So now MaherPost guys, with their absolutely maniacing customer service wants to reloging to solve the problem. I dont want that. What can i do please??

How can I integrate this app within facebook developer center?

Thx

halouwalk
post Jul 25 2017, 10:09 AM

16 posts

I have not developed an app to integrate with Facebook before, so I can't speak from my personal experience. However, I did a quick search on your error message, and came to the following URL

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebo...n/access-tokens

There are different types of access tokens and each has its own expiry period. For example, a long-lived user access token has an expiry of 60 days. There is an option to extend the expiration of tokens under "Expiration and Extension" link above that might help you in future. For now, however, I think you would need to get a new token to re-establish the connection from that app to your page. There are some debugging tips above as well, if needed.

HTH.
TSeastmeetswest
post Jul 25 2017, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(halouwalk @ Jul 25 2017, 10:09 AM)
I have not developed an app to integrate with Facebook before, so I can't speak from my personal experience. However, I did a quick search on your error message, and came to the following URL

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebo...n/access-tokens

There are different types of access tokens and each has its own expiry period. For example, a long-lived user access token has an expiry of 60 days. There is an option to extend the expiration of tokens under "Expiration and Extension" link above that might help you in future. For now, however, I think you would need to get a new token to re-establish the connection from that app to your page. There are some debugging tips above as well, if needed.

HTH.
Wow, amazing, thx so much!!
RNM
post Jul 25 2017, 11:43 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

You re posting inside OSS topic. Are thus software are opensource?
Stephaniejane22 P
post Aug 17 2019, 10:13 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(eastmeetswest @ Jul 25 2017, 09:33 AM)
Hi guys,

Im running an online business, and I bought this app from MaherPost to control all my postings and automate it.

I managed to complete the facebook access token request and activation by using Bookmarklet method. They suppose to do it, but the app company will need to login into my facebook and I really dont want that.

However, recently, the token expired, and following diagram is the warning that is shown within the app.

Attached Image
So now MaherPost guys, with their absolutely maniacing customer service wants to reloging to solve the problem. I dont want that. What can i do please??

Thx
alexa
post Aug 17 2019, 11:40 PM

Big Boss
1,456 posts

QUOTE(eastmeetswest @ Jul 25 2017, 09:33 AM)
Hi guys,

Attached Image

Thx
You need to submit this app through facebook developer. If your submission succeeds, then users can allow their permission.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:56 PM