Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Acer Aspire F5-573G-556W, need some advise too., Looking those who used the laptop.

views

TSdfgh1234
post Jun 24 2017, 05:23 PM, updated 7y ago

8 posts

So yeah, I'm feeling a bit conflicted going for Acer currently, which is why I need some opinions.

This is because I mostly remember Acer for using old parts and stuff from back then, not sure if they have changed or not but this laptop looks really good for it's price for its big battery, easy maintenance hatches, nice GTX 940MX gpu and low energy processor even a DVD drive included too.

My budget is around RM3000-RM3500, and the laptop is mainly used for college.
So mostly office stuff, internet browsing and some light gaming (games like Doom 2016, GTA V and maybe couple of emulated PS2/Nintendo Games)

So that's the context of this topic, so what I need is your opinion regarding this laptop?
Does it overheat, is the dual core processor slow for internet browsing if I have many tabs in Chrome for example, have you experienced any problems from the laptop, how is their customer service and overall what do you feel/think about the laptop?

Feel free to recommend other laptops, that has similar features to this model. (Big battery, DVD drive, NVIDIA/Intel Combo, Easy maintenance (can upgrade ram easily and can have HDD+SDD combo, less than <3kg)

Cap Jones
post Jun 27 2017, 08:25 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

Upgrading the ram and replacing the hdd , quite a hurdle for this laptop by just looking from the youtube disassembling tutorial .

Avoid Lenovo the Y model, i've experienced significant degrading performance over time .

Anyhow , how good is the gtx 940mx performance ? i think it just subpar or prob. even lower than 960M ,
Archmage Warlic
post Jun 30 2017, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

Acer Aspire F5-573G user here.

It rarely overheats, but it does get slightly warmer when I run resource-intensive softwares (e.g. playing League of Legends, Sims 4, 3D rendering softwares). The laptop lagged a little the last time I kept 87+ browser tabs open simultaneously, but otherwise works fine with lower number of tabs running. The 128 GB SSD is wonderful for users who have only used HDD laptops before.

Acer Service Network (Highpoint) seems reliable thus far, but the downside is that they have very limited number of service centres per state. If you live far from the state capital or city centre, you may have to travel a long distance to get your device repaired. Unless if you live in Klang Valley, they do not provide collection / delivery services (unlike ASUS). Based on my experience of sending my computer for repairs (for accidental damage), most repairs take about 3 - 5 days to complete. Parts can be slightly expensive.

Overall, I feel that it is a good fit for a college student. Sturdy and reliable, the metal casing is pretty scratch resistant too.

Most vendors will quote approximately RM3000 (right in your budget range, huh), which often comes together with McAfee antivirus software. I feel that it's slightly expensive. You may try to haggle the price down by removing the antivirus software from the offer - you can get better deals from LYN Garage Sales anyway.
pandera999
post Jul 3 2017, 11:40 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

this mcafee antivirus is bloatware... just trial for 1 month. normally i remove those kind of bloatware. then it is good...

regarding on open lots of tab.... do aware that, google chrome consume most of your ram usage laugh.gif so, you might thinking wanna upgrade ram in the future.. maybe firefox will be good replacement for chrome as the efficiency is getting better than chrome.

and other usage.. check if its support m2.sata slot or not... and any slot for ram...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    1.09    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:44 PM