Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

less than 1 year old HP Pavillion performance slow, compared to when I first bought it

views

TS~Curious~
post Apr 19 2017, 11:36 AM, updated 7y ago

Regular
1,744 posts

Hi guys, so I bought a HP Pavilion 15-ak032TX last year around August if not mistaken..
- I don't intend to use it for heavy gaming, just need a capable noteboook so I can run some VMs to learn coding hehe..
- I've resetted the notebook a few times when I first bought it (to get rid of the bloatwares) and performance after I resetted was the same as before reset.

My problem now is:
- performance has slowed down considerably since then, n I didn't reset in between.
- takes like 10s to boot up
- from login, takes another 5s to show the desktop

Additional info?:
- From the box, it is running on Windows 10
- have not installed any virtualization software as I was procrastinating and now the slowness is putting me off
- I haven't installed the NVidia GeForce driver thingy
- No antivirus installed.
- I've got 12gb RAM on this machine

- So I did another reset hoping to rid myself of this slowness,Still did not get rid of it. I suspect it is the Windows updates that make it slow.
Plz advise me on how to fix this..
nebula87
post Apr 19 2017, 11:38 AM

Fg = mg
1,308 posts

Did you install Oracle Database in your laptop?
alextan99
post Apr 19 2017, 11:39 AM

Wassup
2,645 posts

does not really matter for the amount of RAM if its 8GB and above. Is it SSD or normal HDD? Do you have a lot of things on startup?
popopi
post Apr 19 2017, 11:43 AM

Regular
1,194 posts

clean your heatsink fan and fins.. block already...

hard reset your laptop (reformat) ...
TS~Curious~
post Apr 19 2017, 11:55 AM

Regular
1,744 posts

QUOTE(alextan99 @ Apr 19 2017, 11:39 AM)
does not really matter for the amount of RAM if its 8GB and above. Is it SSD or normal HDD? Do you have a lot of things on startup?
hdd - but shudnot be this slow right coz when i first bought also on hdd it din slow down so much wor..
I din check but i din touch d startup process since i bought it also..hehe im such a procrastinator my notebook has remained virtually d same since purchase except for browsing data buildup
TS~Curious~
post Apr 19 2017, 11:57 AM

Regular
1,744 posts

QUOTE(popopi @ Apr 19 2017, 11:43 AM)
clean your heatsink fan and fins.. block already...

hard reset your laptop (reformat) ...
owh ok..i do it tonight then update here..thanks
alextan99
post Apr 19 2017, 12:05 PM

Wassup
2,645 posts

if your heatsink is blocked it would not have caused your HDD to go slow. You will hear loud fan sound because it works extra hard to try to cool down your lappy

If you're sure nothing else then very likely your HDD issue than anything else but remember windows update will make it slower too especially after you install .net updates.

The best way to test is to have a clean install after format and only install drivers and boot up. If its acceptable then its windows update and any other program you installed
imin
post Apr 19 2017, 12:21 PM

Enthusiast
814 posts

no antivirus installed? possible could be virus then. my suggestion is, install these two:
1) microsoft security essentials https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14...ntials-download
2) malware bytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/
TS~Curious~
post Apr 19 2017, 01:08 PM

Regular
1,744 posts

QUOTE(alextan99 @ Apr 19 2017, 12:05 PM)
if your heatsink is blocked it would not have caused your HDD to go slow. You will hear loud fan sound because it works extra hard to try to cool down your lappy

If you're sure nothing else then very likely your HDD issue than anything else but remember windows update will make it slower too especially after you install .net updates.

The best way to test is to have a clean install after format and only install drivers and boot up. If its acceptable then its windows update and any other program you installed
hrmm i dun remember hearing loud fan sounds....
omg hdd issue after less than a year using n never been dropped =(
So far I nvr clean installed,alwiz use the reset function that comes with windows 10,haha...

QUOTE(imin @ Apr 19 2017, 12:21 PM)
no antivirus installed? possible could be virus then. my suggestion is, install these two:
1) microsoft security essentials https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14...ntials-download
2) malware bytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/
i tot windows defender, that comes with the win10 os, is sufficient?
anyway if it were a virus or malware,wouldnt a factory reset get rid of it?i did reset whille trying to fix performance,n not installed anything after that.performance was still slow

imin
post Apr 19 2017, 01:58 PM

Enthusiast
814 posts

QUOTE(~Curious~ @ Apr 19 2017, 01:08 PM)
hrmm i dun remember hearing loud fan sounds....
omg hdd issue after less than a year using n never been dropped =(
So far I nvr clean installed,alwiz use the reset function that comes with windows 10,haha...
i tot windows defender, that comes with the win10 os, is sufficient?
anyway if it were a virus or malware,wouldnt a factory reset get rid of it?i did reset whille trying to fix performance,n not installed anything after that.performance was still slow
sometimes windows defender isn't enough. try install malware bytes and run a through scan first
mdnurman
post Feb 18 2018, 09:50 AM

Enthusiast
738 posts

i wonder what do u mean by reset?

u need to see what program/services are running via task manager or ms config.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:04 PM