Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Tmn Rekreasi Air Panas (TRAP) @ Sg Klah, Sungkai, its a 'TRAP' worth going ! =D

views

newbi3s
post Jan 4 2008, 04:56 PM

FALIQ
4,325 posts

I went there 2 years ago. Nice especially in the morning. Got nice fresh kelapa pandan there.
x3oN[v3]
post Jan 5 2008, 04:54 AM

[ - x 3 o N - ] | v ³ |
1,460 posts

I am planning to bring my gf there next week. Is there a resort there to stay? Any advice on what to bring (like eggs for the egg boiling pool, etc)?

Answers would be much appreciated. thumbup.gif
wctan83
post Jan 5 2008, 07:54 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

ok, sorry for telling you all so late ya, but that is something you all should know about this TRAP...

I staying nearby there and been there regulary, so i knew a things or two about there.

The things is, it is natuaral hot water from the ground, but it is only in the place you see got smoke, where you boil egg, and the big middle pool only. The private place that you all talking and like about is they pump into there using the host connecting down there.

Since it is not natural, it cant auto generate the water from the ground so they cant keep changing the water. And the staff there told me they only change once per day, every morning every day. ( sometimes didnt also during peak season )

As you know, the small pool is so small, the water in the pool wont be change till the next day and imagine all the people that have been soaking there for whole day before you, and you guys talking about soaking at night, imagine how many person using that before.

For me, my idea is, if really want to go, go early in the morning, soak before other people do. then the places is really great to enjoy yourself.

keanhwa_mich
post Jan 5 2008, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(x3oN[v3] @ Jan 5 2008, 04:54 AM)
I am planning to bring my gf there next week. Is there a resort there to stay? Any advice on what to bring (like eggs for the egg boiling pool, etc)?

Answers would be much appreciated. thumbup.gif
there is resort there... but it is so expensive n it is far away from the pool.... brings eggs.. so u don have to buy from them... which they charge quite expensive

globalvibes
post Jan 5 2008, 08:05 PM

19 posts

Just got back from the sungai klah today ...

nice improvements to the private jacuzzi area but a bit disappointed with the price increase.... jacuzzi used to be like RM25 now its RM75 , entrance was RM5 now its RM10...

Overall , i'd still have to say its great to know that this is one tourist attraction that keeps improving instead of the normal degration we have with other tourist spots
sweetcat
post Jan 8 2008, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Jan 4 2008, 03:25 PM)
oO...not swim also wear bikini?
lol
coz i dun like to soak in water with too much clothes on...

miakakakak... laugh.gif
<Kenji>
post Apr 4 2008, 03:54 AM

Casual
345 posts

the camps do we hav to bring ourselves if we wan to stay there or rent frm them ?
Felice821
post Aug 4 2008, 12:25 PM

Enthusiast
973 posts

Any place to stay over there???
sweetcat
post Aug 5 2008, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

got a resort but if i remember clearly it's rm 700/night
Felice821
post Aug 5 2008, 04:47 PM

Enthusiast
973 posts

Wow!!! Expensive. Doesn't have any cheaper?
phat
post Aug 5 2008, 08:52 PM

Casual
328 posts

http://www.plantationresorts.com.my/

Dis is their website..They are opening new rooms soon..n da promotional price is juz rm168..from september to december this year..da photo looks great..da last time went there they were still constructing da rooms..da price include 2 tickets to da park

U dunt need to bring ur own camp coz u can juz rent it..they will set everything for u..u juz go n put ur bag at da camp n go swimming..hehe..But bringing ur own camp is cheaper.. tongue.gif
waj
post Aug 5 2008, 11:12 PM

19 posts

On the weekend, for 10 bucks you get this 4 grand activities :

1) soak in a tepid 35 degree water with a variable 2m x 2m personal space.
Marvel at things that floats in the pool and try to guess whether it is a new organism. Mistakenly dunked your head in the water and realised now the thing that floats in the water is now stuck in your hair.

2) Go soak your leg in some really hot water. Optimistically wished that the water is hot enough to kill whatever nasties that lurks there. Look around and count how many diabetic feet / corn feet / swelled feet are sharing the same pool. Do the same wishing again.

3) Line up to get your eggs cooked. No, chicken eggs. So yeah, guys don't worry about it. So there's two baskets, two dozen families lining up to use the said basket. And woe betides those who shared baskets.

4) Mountain spring pool. There's a nice slide there, do have a go. You go up the slide, you wosh down, stand around at the bottom trying to pull up your pants and proceed to get kicked by the next incoming funky kid that slide down. if you're that unlucky you get it straight in the balls.

hey, at least it's all natural pool. I didn't smell chlorine.
Well, I didn't smell urine either.
But who doesn't pee in the pool ?

p.s : u better know how to swim at the whatever mountain pool. the lifeguard tower is built as an afterthought.

p.p.s : oh, there's cops around there. their job ? make sure you don't bring any outside food in. at first i ain't that happy with this, ya know, cops checking for food instead for drugs or guns .. Well, after i saw how the kids there eat their finger food AT the pool, you just gotta say, bless these cops.

determinism
post Aug 12 2008, 04:29 PM

Casual
320 posts

dont go over weekend or public holiday or school holiday,
its d*#m packed!

take one day off, travel from kl or anywhere you are, drive to sungkai and enjoy the place on weekday.

but if you really dont have the off on weekdays and plan to go on weekend , do not come on sunday! Come on saturday and pls be early as possible as.

reason is that, they cleanup the pools especially the hot pool somewhere late firday and very early on saturday (this is what my fren from bidor told me, he is a frequent visitor to this place)

WhiteMouse
post Aug 15 2008, 09:58 PM

Casual
323 posts

the rm 168nett looks not bad... smile.gif

will go there again smile.gif
lilputos
post Dec 16 2008, 03:37 PM

36 posts

any suggestion on food near that place?
balckheadssux
post Dec 17 2008, 12:01 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

ermm..can we bring in our own eggs bought from outside?
Vengeance_Mad
post Dec 17 2008, 12:30 PM

Aston-ishing
796 posts

Yep, u can..
I did it before but I don't know if it's legal or not lah.. tongue.gif
ballsmyberries
post Dec 21 2008, 08:39 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

one word. dirty. was there 2 weeks ago. it was a letdown. left 30 minutes touring the place. total waste of time.
hkl
post Dec 27 2008, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(ballsmyberries @ Dec 21 2008, 08:39 PM)
one word. dirty. was there 2 weeks ago. it was a letdown. left 30 minutes touring the place. total waste of time.
are there really so dirty?? I plan to go there by tomorrow leh
stimix
post Dec 27 2008, 10:12 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

No-lah..not dirty at all.. probably he is refering to the mountain spring pool which is not hot spring..The water from the spring probably not crystal clear, thus looks greyish & u can't see bottom..well u goto hot spring not to experience cold pool isn't it? hmm.gif

The hot pools & streams are virtually clean & certain pools are actually very hot..temp can exceed 50C. The hottest part is the egg boiling spot wth temperature ~100C!! shocking.gif ...I was there during christmas day...I just luv the middle stream wth temp 44C...damn hot..for whole body soak, I choose the 2 small pools beside the stream ~35C

This for sure is the hottest & largest Hot spring I ever been in Malaysia.. rclxms.gif

QUOTE(hkl @ Dec 27 2008, 03:46 PM)
are there really so dirty?? I plan to go there by tomorrow leh

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0622sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:54 PM