Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Business ACCA (v2)

views

andy888
post Jun 18 2007, 04:54 PM

On my way
516 posts

QUOTE(sching @ Jun 18 2007, 02:10 PM)
Anybody knows where can I get BPP study materials?
mcorange college. hmm.gif
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jun 18 2007, 04:55 PM

48 posts

Hello folks... anyone who has attended Joe Fang's class for 2.5 back in McOrange? Was he good? It seems that he's now to KSA... i would like to hear opinion about Joe Fang's lecturing. Thanks for the feedback...

I know that SyUC's Ms. Menon was the best but is she gonna be retained for next semester? Thanks again.
donfailagain
post Jun 18 2007, 05:00 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(sching @ Jun 18 2007, 01:10 PM)
Anybody knows where can I get BPP study materials?
Hi ! I plan to buy BPP study materials too ... for self-study !
what i know is MPH and Kinokuniya can order for you if you request, no deposit needed, but is expensive loh !! (cuz all in UK rate) ...
another choice is to buy it from FTMS college , you can get a half price if your friend study there help you to buy ! ... just contact FTMS , books will arrive on July !!

I plan to get it from FTMS, now looking for my friend who study in FTMS

you may send me private message for email contact if you can't get it ! All The Best !

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Jun 18 2007, 05:05 PM
jamesme135
post Jun 18 2007, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

FYI, the timetable for F7 and F8 is as below :-

KASTURI
F7 : Joe Fang - Friday 6.30-9.30
F8 : Jackson Chan - Monday 6.30-9.30

McORANGE
F7 : Monday & Wednesday
F8 : Thurday & Saturday

Are there any good lecturers for these 2 subjects besides them??
Thanks

HBK
post Jun 18 2007, 07:44 PM

Getting Started
Validating
135 posts

QUOTE(donfailagain @ Jun 18 2007, 05:00 PM)
Hi ! I plan to buy BPP study materials too ... for self-study !
what i know is MPH and Kinokuniya can order for you if you request, no deposit needed, but is expensive loh !! (cuz all in UK rate) ...
another choice is to buy it from FTMS college , you can get a half price if your friend study there help you to buy ! ... just contact FTMS , books will arrive on July !!

i already went to MPH,and the price for BPP is RM2XX ..not worth if there's is more cheaper say,buy at mcorange,FTMS lor..btw,they didnt sell the CD's and the cassette like what the student accountant advertised..plan to get that..

lawrence1437
post Jun 18 2007, 11:00 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

hey guyz .. who can post the new P1 P2 P3 syllabus ...?
i wan get some refrence book tongue.gif
G[a]rY
post Jun 18 2007, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
Validating
263 posts

QUOTE(sching @ Jun 17 2007, 10:18 AM)
Hi everyone!

I am for penang actually, so I don't know much about KL and its colleges...So need your opinions lar..hehe

Erm...my fren is planning to take core in sunway next sitting and she asked me to join her...I still haven decided yet..But the fees are more expensive in KL summore accomodation leh? Anyone got the timetable?

Actually which college is better for core? From the discussions here, it seems like mcorange?? Aiyo..pening lar...
Therz no best or worst, it just the ldependz whether ecturers' suit certain student anot.. IMO, mco n kasturi okie.. im taking core too at mco, come join me, biggrin.gif rclxms.gif

QUOTE(sching @ Jun 17 2007, 04:52 PM)
How much is the fees for kasturi and mcorange? How about the acommodation there? Are there hostels?
Generally, mco fees is higher than ksa n even ftms.. I dun mind spending xtra few hundred to choose my favourate lecturers which help me in passing my acca rather than <choi, touch wood> repeating it n ll cost much more.. hmm.gif

QUOTE(HBK @ Jun 18 2007, 07:44 PM)
i already went to MPH,and the price for BPP is RM2XX ..not worth if there's is more cheaper say,buy at mcorange,FTMS lor..btw,they didnt sell the CD's and the cassette like what the student accountant advertised..plan to get that..
Erm, do those self-study material really works..?? i meant are they good..?? U tried that n can pass acca easily..?? sorry, no offence, just wondering..... hmm.gif
HBK
post Jun 18 2007, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
Validating
135 posts

QUOTE(G[a]rY @ Jun 18 2007, 11:02 PM)
hmm.gif
Erm, do those self-study material really works..?? i meant are they good..?? U tried that n can pass acca easily..?? sorry, no offence, just wondering.....  hmm.gif
still attend class,the cd's or cassette are just for revising only,usually works on travelling tongue.gif or doin nothin listen arr..but the text book thingy for self study..thats depend on individual,for me i need to attend class..lecturer has many ways of making student understand some difficult areas or definition.. thumbup.gif
btw,we always chat here in forum,how do we know that any of u in real life(i mean to recognise u guys in class)maybe if we can meet u all in the same class on the subject we register..put picture lor rolleyes.gif or any friendster
donfailagain
post Jun 18 2007, 11:30 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(HBK @ Jun 18 2007, 07:44 PM)
ya ... as mentioned, MPH and Kinokuniya selling it according to UK price ... FTMS last time, rm90 for study text and rm50 for revision kit !! I think no colleges are selling the CD ... anyone know where can get it ?? ... what i know is you can order online from BPP website ...

Added on June 18, 2007, 11:44 pm
QUOTE(G[a]rY @ Jun 18 2007, 11:02 PM)
Erm, do those self-study material really works..?? i meant are they good..?? U tried that n can pass acca easily..?? sorry, no offence, just wondering.....  hmm.gif
erm ... the best answer to clear ur doubt is "Depend"
firstly, it depend on self discipline, how insist u are and how much u will dedicate in ur studies !
secondly, it depend on how good is your planning , and how well u r going to implement it !
... ... ... ... depend , depend and depend

for sure , BPP study material really works , is just whether u can understand wat mat salleh is writing !

my suggestion is ... if the exam let say P9 , you will need calculation technique , go for a perfect lecturer such as Chow Kim Tai (but this time not teaching F9) .... but for those more theoretical and application base exam , practicing thousand of question worth most for your exam !! (practicing doesn't mean merely "do" , "look at answer" and "memorize answer" ...... this won't work !! )

this is the first time i'm going to have self-study, i will answer you after my December 2007 exam , follow up yah !!! please remind me after December 2007 exam lol !!!

All the best for you !!!

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Jun 18 2007, 11:44 PM
roy_pck
post Jun 19 2007, 12:12 AM

You'll Never Walk Alone!
552 posts

QUOTE(HBK @ Jun 18 2007, 11:18 PM)
still attend class,the cd's or cassette are just for revising only,usually works on travelling tongue.gif� or doin nothin listen arr..but the text book thingy for self study..thats depend on individual,for me i need to attend class..lecturer has many ways of making student understand some difficult areas or definition.. thumbup.gif
btw,we always chat here in forum,how do we know that any of u in real life(i mean to recognise u guys in class)maybe if we can meet u all in the same class on the subject we register..put picture lor rolleyes.gif or� any friendster
good question. in fact i don't think i know anybody here except gary. i guess sheila mentioned his name before in 2.6 class. so i think i should roughly know who he is smile.gif

who interested to meet me up come join Mc Orange P1 & P2 full-time class next sitting. you shall see me! i look exactly as my avatar laugh.gif

and of course, i am most looking forward to meet Coolly. wonder how our honour sweety cute ACCA forum advisor looks like hmm.gif

This post has been edited by roy_pck: Jun 19 2007, 12:15 AM
Xyn
post Jun 19 2007, 12:41 AM

18 posts

Hi, guys.. I am new here..
Last sitting i sat for paper 3.2 & 3.3..
This round will be P1, P2 & P3..

Nice to meet you guys here.. blush.gif

mtcheh
post Jun 19 2007, 10:35 AM

7 posts

KSA fee have include revision kit & study text o not?
toroyuki
post Jun 19 2007, 10:37 AM

13 posts

Can anyone help me around? i would like to know which lecturer is more better for F1 & F2 plz...cry.gif
HBK
post Jun 19 2007, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
Validating
135 posts

QUOTE(mtcheh @ Jun 19 2007, 10:35 AM)
all i know kasturi didnt provide any revision kit,or published(BPP/FTC) text book.. only lecturer notes and past year paper/Q&A..but mcorange does provide revision kit (BPP) for the particular paper..including pass card.
G[a]rY
post Jun 19 2007, 01:13 PM

Getting Started
Validating
263 posts

QUOTE(HBK @ Jun 18 2007, 11:18 PM)
still attend class,the cd's or cassette are just for revising only,usually works on travelling tongue.gif� or doin nothin listen arr..but the text book thingy for self study..thats depend on individual,for me i need to attend class..lecturer has many ways of making student understand some difficult areas or definition.. thumbup.gif
btw,we always chat here in forum,how do we know that any of u in real life(i mean to recognise u guys in class)maybe if we can meet u all in the same class on the subject we register..put picture lor rolleyes.gif or� any friendster
Anyone tried those cd/casette before..?? they are good..?? erm, if those cd can convert to mp3 okie lar, cd player is just to 'huge' for travelling.. haha..

Haha, good suggestion.. i think evyone here can wear lowyat's badges, then can easily recognise, haha...

QUOTE(donfailagain @ Jun 18 2007, 11:30 PM)
erm ... the best answer to clear ur doubt is "Depend"
firstly, it depend on self discipline, how insist u are and how much u will dedicate in ur studies !
secondly, it depend on how good is your planning , and how well u r going to implement it !
... ... ... ... depend , depend and depend

for sure , BPP study material really works , is just whether u can understand wat mat salleh is writing !

my suggestion is ... if the exam let say P9 , you will need calculation technique , go for a perfect lecturer such as Chow Kim Tai (but this time not teaching F9) .... but for those more theoretical and application base exam , practicing thousand of question worth most for your exam !! (practicing doesn't mean merely "do" , "look at answer" and "memorize answer" ...... this won't work !! )

this is the first time i'm going to have self-study, i will answer you after my December 2007 exam , follow up yah !!! please remind me after December 2007 exam lol !!!

All the best for you !!!
Haha.. good luck yo for trying.. which papers u taking by the way..?? ahem, perfect lecturer..?? He almost made me failed le previous 2.4.. ok, dun wan kutuk him.. hez really damn good in calculation areas, but others........

QUOTE(roy_pck @ Jun 19 2007, 12:12 AM)
good question. in fact i don't think i know anybody here except gary. i guess sheila mentioned his name before in 2.6 class. so i think i should roughly know who he is� smile.gif

who interested to meet me up come join Mc Orange P1 & P2 full-time class next sitting. you shall see me! i look exactly as my avatar laugh.gif

and of course, i am most looking forward to meet Coolly. wonder how our honour sweety cute ACCA forum advisor looks like hmm.gif
wat..?? u curi curi see my face..?? then y dun u cum n say hi to me..?? haha, bit regret pulak use real name here... tongue.gif

Erm, we same class again ya.. P1 u choose sheila or bob..??

by the way, our sweetie cutie honourd acca forum advisor seems busy with her new work.. so long didnt see her face here.. smile.gif

QUOTE(Xyn @ Jun 19 2007, 12:41 AM)
Hi, guys.. I am new here..
Last sitting i sat for paper 3.2 & 3.3..
This round will be P1, P2 & P3..

Nice to meet you guys here..� blush.gif
oh, welcome.. im interested to know how was ur 3.2..?? wats ur comment on the previous exam..?? studying wher.??

QUOTE(mtcheh @ Jun 19 2007, 10:35 AM)
NOPE.. KSA n FTMS only provides lecturer's notes n pass year (some) which i think sufficient enuf to pass the exam.. SEGi provides FTC Kaplan textbook n exam kits.. McO (only certain paper) provides BPP text, exam kit, passcard..

This post has been edited by G[a]rY: Jun 19 2007, 01:14 PM
Miss Lam
post Jun 19 2007, 01:17 PM

3 posts

Hello everyone -

Was mucking around the Internet and found this forum - interesting to read what acca students are up to smile.gif

anyway i see that some students are looking for an obu mentor, and am happy to say that i can help!

i was previously with sunway college teaching paper 2 and 5 of the cat and have produced malaysian prized winners at every sitting. at the same time i also have mentored over 100 students for the obu programme with 100% pass rates.

should you decide to do the obu with me, i guarantee a pass and will provide hard and soft copies of samples. basically i guide you from start to finish!

please call me 012 - 2060 397 for a chat - about the acca or the obu programme.

mtcheh
post Jun 19 2007, 05:15 PM

7 posts

can e-mail ksa time table to me? mtcheh@yahoo.com

Added on June 19, 2007, 5:17 pmthank you!!!

This post has been edited by mtcheh: Jun 19 2007, 05:17 PM
ammar
post Jun 19 2007, 11:26 PM

~:"(1)":~
2,090 posts

QUOTE(Miss Lam @ Jun 19 2007, 01:17 PM)
Hello everyone -

Was mucking around the Internet and found this forum - interesting to read what acca students are up to smile.gif 

anyway i see that some students are looking for an obu mentor, and am happy to say that i can help!

i was previously with sunway college teaching paper 2 and 5 of the cat and have produced malaysian prized winners at every sitting. at the same time i also have mentored over 100 students for the obu programme with 100% pass rates.

should you decide to do the obu with me, i guarantee a pass and will provide hard and soft copies of samples. basically i guide you from start to finish!

please call me 012 - 2060 397 for a chat - about the acca or the obu programme.
haha miss pk lam,ur here too.

Best P5 teacher here thumbup.gif
annvogue
post Jun 20 2007, 02:44 PM

31 posts

hey guys....
need some advice here...For F7 ---which lect is the best Joe fang or Goh wern yit....From Kasturi....and F8 Jackson chan n Philip woo???
any advice??? rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
james2306
post Jun 20 2007, 04:26 PM

A not so Senior, Señor
1,010 posts

hey guys..

need advice here..

im just after CAT.. looking to start my part 2 ACCA..
but im not sure which papers to take..
i think ill take F5 ( management ) as it is similiar to my CAT Paper 7
and F6 ( taxation ) as it is similiar to my CAT paper 9

now, what other paper should i take?

pls help me out! thx

126 Pages « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0361sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:17 PM