Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
125 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fund Investment Corner, Please share anything about Fund.

views

TSedifgrto
post Nov 15 2006, 09:39 PM, updated 17y ago

Am a cat! ^^
1,707 posts

(Disclaimer: There is not a recommendation on the examples being discussed in this particular thread(OR mentioned in any posts here) and I am (or anyone is) not responsible if any loss is suffered by any person due to this thread. As we all knew, Investments are with risks.)

-Information displayed might be obsoleted by the time you reading here. Hence, please keep yourself updated from time till time.

-I'm not any Public Mutual funds agent at all. Nor I got any employment relationship to Public Bank(and any banks globally). Some members who reading this thread might got an WRONG impression that I'm promoting Public Mutual funds. As a matter of fact, I'm an investor out of millions in the market. I responsible for what i saying here. Notwithstanding the aforesaid, I'm not guarantee myself to anyone here that, one day I could not be a Public Mutual fund agent in the future. Personally I invested quite a lot of funds. Since Public Mutual fund quite reliable, may be there is why me or anyone keep mentioning that. The fact is simple as that. Believe or not, is up to individuals here.

Guess, I would need to spend much time in this section. I do play some investment. Problem is I doing that by agent. Thus, still many stuffs I'm unaware of. Just listening to the agent/unit trust. Recently I got some $ invested in Public Savings Fund. Was quite a big amount. Therefore,... what is this actually. I'm still quite blur. However yesterday I receive a RM 180 cheque already. Is this fund good?

I was told by the agent. It's 40% for saving. 60% for investment only. I was given two choice that time. One is Public Savings Fund, the other is Public Islamic Dividend Fund. He said that Islamic Dividend Fund is much more safer than Saving. As the value only at 0.2585(buy) 0.2752(sell). While Public Savings Fund is 0.6715(sell) and 0.7151(buy). I invested at about 0.68(if not mistaken)

Anyone got funds investment?! Please share your opinions...

Tomorrow would get back here again. Thanks for viewing.

edited:
Layman's notes:
I like to make my own notes while reading. In this way, it's more efficient than just reading it. Of course, I'm just a beginner.

-The 3.75% charges make me hold the bond as long as possible. Thus, once and before any fund or bond to buy. Think carefully first. Once invest, then must wait for a long time for it to recover.

-Investment is better than fixed term deposits because of the factor of inflation. Nonetheless, as we knew, investments itself got Market risks, Particular Stock Risk, Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, credit Risk, Manager's risk, Loan financing risk, Risk of non-Compliance, Risk of Non-Compliance with Syariah Requirements, Currency risk and country risk.
sweat.gif Never list down, i also dun know got so many risks... sweat.gif

-Some people who working might need to buy a car, or a house. Everyone needs that. But these stuffs not cheap. That is why Fund and bond exist for people to plan saving in a period of time, say 3 or 5 years with HIGH interest rate yet lower risked. In a way, it indeed much better than the ordinary Fixed term deposit in our bank. Bond, Fund investment method could be 2 types, one can invest in one big amount and wait for 3 or 5 years to get high interest(this normally are just extra money). Another one is by investing monthly, it's actually a type of saving. For us to fulfill our dream.

-For the first time I heard that mutual fund/unit trust is more risk than market shares. If and when anyone listen or read this stuff. Be more careful to those people who said above. Perhaps they never buy any shares and do funding yet.

-Experiences hunt,... please refer to
Post# 65 by vincecyc
Post# 107 by stmu
Most posts by khoong25
Post# 705, 712, 713, 721 by rexis
Post# 962 by low yat 82
Post# 963 by Geminist

-Some words to keep in mind when me playing with fire(shares? Fund? Forex?)
*Risk no more than you can afford to lose, and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful. If there is no such amount, don't play. by Ed Seykota

-Basically, when you investing in Funds or so called Mutual Funds. The first day launching is the best day for hunting. As normally there will be 1% of free bonus units to be offered or some sort of other offers. Thus, please pay attention to the newspaper. or talk to your bank friends closely. It's where and how to put you at a more beneficial stage. Early birds always got something to eat.

-
QUOTE(cherroy @ Aug 22 2006, 11:18 PM)
I think a lot of people don't realise the UT distribution can be taken as cash rather reinvest. Although reinvesting is not that bad, but everytime you reinvest you lose 5% from it. When you buy UT, you must fill in and instruct them to get the distribution as cash or else they will automatically reinvest for you.

Personally think that taking cash is much better than reinvest.

edifgrto: "I just make phone call to the Fund agent, being told that, as for the charging is only one time for purchasing only. While reinvesting, there is no charges at all. I'm a bit puzzled on this, what to do now is, to wait for the Fund Statement arrived. Currently I do got one fund having this case..."

-Indeed, why me so interested in these Mutual fund also known as Unit Trust(You might ask this?). Because share market is for someone much more clever than me. I made a huge lost that enough to be a lesson for me to stick with what suitable for myself(Simple as that). Just let those soldiers go to the battle field. Me more interested in lower risk, lower profits only... if any...

-Reading people make money from Share market is so easy, but people playing share market seems no one never make any lost before. My first investment made my RM 16,000.00 went down to drain. Nothing gain back,... not even one cent!

-For general information of market, economic of Malaysia
http://www.pwc.com/pdf/my/eng/publications/mamy.pdf
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTEAPH...sia-March06.pdf
Post #1175 by whtrader in Investment thread regarding Forex scams

-Some related websites that I might need to dig out information. Indeed, somehow... case like we went KFC for fried Chicken but we seldom(or never) visited KFC website perhaps. Therefore, same case here. Does not mean I always do reading from the sites. Then, I(or anyone) would surely make money. Just for reference, perhaps...(more to be added...) Some mutual agents inside the spoiler. Since it keeps growing. I decided to put them in Spoiler, for better viewing. sweat.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

-Added some Fund Pricing attachments, collected from bank websites for pricing references. I'm not so sure if this fine?! If it's not permitted, I would take it out. Please let me know if it's not appropriate.

-dreamer101: What people did not tell you is in stock trading, if you do not do margin and stock option, you only lose the money that you invested in. In Forex, because of leverage and you must do levarage to make real money in forex, you can lose up to 20 times the money you put in.
Post# 1227 in Investment thread.

-louislim2: before you invest,make sure you can save your money like coins,that is the hardest part,and the most important part!!do you believe i can buy a motor cycle by cash just only i save my coins??i save until full of a big long bottle.when i count is around 6000.omg...i save for 4years,everyday throw in all my coins that if have.that it,this is the started point.you want to invest,just invest your attitude!!
Post# 1340 in Investment thread.

-luqmanz: It depends on how much return you expect to get. If your are hoping to get 25-30% ... that's almost impossible. ...
A good performing mutual fund can give return up to 15-18%.

Post# 1419 in Investment thread.

-pidah: when the Composite Index going higher, the Fund Manager will switch the Equity fund to Bond fund/Money Market Fund (Fixed Deposit) where as here you will gain more RM. But when the KLCI going down, the FM will switch back the fund frm Bond Fund to Equity Fund. (here u gain more units). As i mention before, source of U.Trust - Rise of Unit Price (Capital appreciation).
Post# 1432 in Investment thread.
edifgrto: I think I seriously would have to call my agent to ask about this switching stuff.

-pidah: and also you must remember that there are 3 type of source of return from UT which are:

1. The rise in unit price (We call it capital appreciation)
2. The annual dividend/distribution/bonus declared
3. The unit split declared.

Post# 1423 in Investment thread.

-Post# 1457 by Drian was something about Fund. However, he has not read pidah's post in 1423(which was in his previous page). Hence, his calculation becoming not accurate. To thoroughly get the calculation... you just need to throw RM 1000(probably) since the first year. Then, you would know how much income generated over the period. Drian did his work without invested real money in. And the most important thing is, not all funds are good. As luqmanz stated, not all funds are bad either. Else, there is no risk. Money would just fall from the sky. And, I won't create this thread here.

-To check the latest fund prices. It's to go to the each fund manager website to check. Alternatively, we can use The Star or OSK188. Which they allowing the public to check freely. Though me got the account with OSK188. But it's quite convenient for me to know the price without logging in. The advantages of OSK188, perhaps it allowing me to put all my invested funds in my favorite. Please note the price dated.

-For whom might interested in funding, getting high profit yield like 25% per month is impossible. However, by picking the right ones, the ranges for return on investment(ROI) for 4 weeks(1 month) are,

For selected best equity funds, higher risk
ROI, 1.13% to 3.29%

For selected best Mixed Asset funds, moderated risk
ROI, 0.55% to 3.88%

For selected best bond funds, lower risk
ROI, 1.31% to 3.50%

-Thanks to Oriental Daily News that giving me this set of information of Capital Guaranteed Funds performance as at year 2006. I have attached it for members that might interested in full capital protection fund type. Please pay attention to their average yield in 1 year. At least 6.27% annually is higher than our saving in banks.

-27th Feb 2007 is an interesting day. As when the CI dropped over 50pts what gonna happen to the funds I invested?! I better note this down for my reference here.

-to be continued later,...

Source: Note ideas from prospectus, and also some of my own opinions.

Some off-topic stuff in the SPOILER
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by edifgrto: Apr 29 2007, 08:36 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
cuebiz
post Nov 16 2006, 10:16 AM

Enthusiast
992 posts

Public Saving is categorised under Equity Income. It is a leader in this category. You can track its performance compared with others at this website http://www.btimes.com.my/mdata_html
Look under Lipper Fund Table

As an investor, you will get yearly performance report on the fund you invested from PBMutual. Ask your agent to explain to you how to interpret the contents if you are not familiar with it.

This post has been edited by cuebiz: Nov 16 2006, 10:32 AM
yushin
post Nov 16 2006, 10:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,311 posts

I currently invested in 2 public mutual funds.
PDSF - Medium risk
PGSF - High risk

Not much movement in PGSF these days. haih

Every month I put some money into them using standing order. Just look at them as long term saving smile.gif

Gonna get a bond fund from them later. Just incase equity market turn bad so I could shift the money away.

*edit: spelling error. ha ha ha

This post has been edited by yushin: Nov 17 2006, 10:19 AM
TSedifgrto
post Nov 16 2006, 02:59 PM

Am a cat! ^^
1,707 posts

QUOTE(cuebiz @ Nov 16 2006, 10:16 AM)
Public Saving is categorised under Equity Income. It is a leader in this category. You can track its performance compared with others at this website http://www.btimes.com.my/mdata_html
Look under Lipper Fund Table

As an investor, you will get yearly performance report on the fund you invested from PBMutual.  Ask your agent to explain to you how to interpret the contents if you are not familiar with it.

Thanks for the link. Now loading the pages. Take quite some time... when it's in PDF stuff?! i think my pc got some problem. Would try again later.

Yeah,... was shown a booklet. Saying that Public got its outstanding performance in the past few years. Though, i myself not so sure what is going there. Initial, the money is a Hong Leung Fixed Deposit. But I took it out to Public. As the interest rate of funding is much more higher. About 12% for 3 years right? In the booklet,... other Mutual Funds hit on average at 13% or 14% for 5 years. Looks pretty good if this is correct.

edited:
Page downloaded and printed. smile.gif Good information, now studying it(and the website as well)... Must do some homework...

QUOTE(yushin @ Nov 16 2006, 10:56 AM)
I currently invested in 2 public mutual funds.
PDSF - Medium risk
PGSP - High risk

Not much movement in PGSF these days. haih

Every month I put some money into them using standing order. Just look at them as long term saving smile.gif

Gonna get a bond fund from them later. Just incase equity market turn bad so I could shift the money away.

PDSF is... Public Dividend Select Fund (now sell is 0.2893).
PGSP perhaps a typo.... ?!
Should it be PGSF - Public Global Select Fund?! Or is it a new Fund?!

Yeah,... treat it as a saving plan is good too. Much better than those Fixed Deposit, eh?

This post has been edited by edifgrto: Nov 16 2006, 05:58 PM
ante5k
post Nov 16 2006, 03:54 PM

Antediluvian
1,173 posts

edifgrto, regarding the PB investment, do i need to go to the office to start an account? or can i just fill up a form and mail it to them?
yushin
post Nov 16 2006, 05:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,311 posts

PB Mutual always got people inside shopping center. Just approach one of them.
You can also call their office, they will assign someone to meet you too, I think.

TSedifgrto
post Nov 16 2006, 06:15 PM

Am a cat! ^^
1,707 posts

QUOTE(cuebiz @ Nov 16 2006, 10:16 AM)
As an investor, you will get yearly performance report on the fund you invested from PBMutual.  Ask your agent to explain to you how to interpret the contents if you are not familiar with it.

Now the agent just arrived. I need to listen to her first... Got so many questions to ask her.

cheers,

QUOTE(ante5k @ Nov 16 2006, 03:54 PM)
edifgrto, regarding the PB investment, do i need to go to the office to start an account? or can i just fill up a form and mail it to them?

QUOTE(yushin @ Nov 16 2006, 05:18 PM)
You can also call their office, they will assign someone to meet you too, I think.

I dun really like those in the shopping center. But true that, the bank would arrange agent to come to our place. smile.gif

pidah
post Nov 17 2006, 03:32 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(yushin @ Nov 16 2006, 05:18 PM)
Yup... or just go to any Public Mutual branch and ask them, they will assign an agent for you.
bumicomp
post Nov 17 2006, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

I'm investing in Great Eastern Life Dana Restu & Growth Fund. Its insurance - investment linked so i get insurance protection and unit trust investment at the same time.
john
post Nov 17 2006, 02:20 PM

44 posts

I also have the GE stuff. Don't you think it's pretty slow?
bumicomp
post Nov 17 2006, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

yeah......... its kinda underperforming when compared to the others

dats y i'm talking to prudential now. Might consider getting another policy that makes my money work harder & earn higher.
TSedifgrto
post Nov 17 2006, 02:47 PM

Am a cat! ^^
1,707 posts

Hi all, I noticed this Predential Commodity Plus Strucured Fund closed(no selling and buying one). Was told that it's something like called 100% capital Protection Fund. Means, they use the money as a some purpose(dun know what they did actually?) But comfirming make money one. Anyway, since it's like such. Low risk, gain less.

What do you guys think about this type of fund?

edited:

Other examples are like
-Hwang Capital Guaranteed Fund I 1.1564(about-valued)
-Hwang Capital Guaranteed Fund II 1.0489(about-valued)
-Hwang Capital Guaranteed Fund III 1.0537(about-valued)

This post has been edited by edifgrto: Nov 17 2006, 02:57 PM
bumicomp
post Nov 17 2006, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

yes my friend, I heard of that as well.

Its something like 'capital guarantee' fund or something. At the end of the fund, you are sort of guaranteed the amount u purchased even if there's a shortfall of funds.

I didnt pay much attention to it because back then I very kering. The musim kemarau just sets in so no spare cash to buy.
flattyre
post Nov 17 2006, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

Investments 101...

The Higher The Risk... The Higher The Returns...

If you find anything that works opposite to this ppls inform me...

Whole world luking for this...

Please also be careful of the Fine Prints..

"Past Performance is NOT an indicator of FUTURE PERFORMANCE"..

Agents always sell on PAST... doesn't mean past it does well means that FUTURE it will...

Know what ur getting into...

My 2 cents...

dEviLs
post Nov 17 2006, 02:55 PM

Three Suns~
2,788 posts

For info wink.gif
Financial Expo (FINEX 2006)

The details of FINEX 2006 are as below:-

Date & Time
17th Nov 2006, Friday : 11:00am - 8:30pm
18th Nov 2006, Saturday: 10:00am - 8:30pm
19th Nov 2006, Sunday : 10:00am- 7:00pm

Venue
Hall 2, Mid Valley Exhibition Centre, Mid Valley Megamall, KL

The expo, themed 'Reaching Out, Touching You', is organised to educate and enhance consumer's awareness on personal money and wealth matters. Consumers are able to visit more than 50 exhibition booths comprising the local and international financial service providers from the banking, insurance, mutual funds, financial planning, financial education and other financial related industries who will showcase their products and services at FINEX 2006.

Apart from visiting the booths, consumers are invited to participate in financial workshops and talks on different aspects of financial planning, personal wealth creation and investments. Please click HERE to view the workshop schedule planned during the expo.

Admission to FINEX 2006 is FREE! Come and participate in a treasure hunt event organised throughout the 3 day expo. Mystery gifts and lucky draw prizes are also up for grabs!

bumicomp
post Nov 17 2006, 03:02 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(flattyre @ Nov 17 2006, 02:52 PM)
Investments 101...

The Higher The Risk... The Higher The Returns...

If you find anything that works opposite to this ppls inform me...

Whole world luking for this...

Please also be careful of the Fine Prints..

"Past Performance is NOT an indicator of FUTURE PERFORMANCE"..

Agents always sell on PAST... doesn't mean past it does well means that FUTURE it will...

Know what ur getting into...

My 2 cents...
Thank you for bring up this piece of information. I nearly missed it.

I make it a habbit of requesting the Agent to show me the portfolio of top 20 or 30 stocks which a unit trust is buying into.

I've come across agents who are reluctant to do so, so I simply walked away.

Remember, it is your money you are investing so you have the right to vouch & audit which counters the unit trust is holding. There's once I've come across a fund which buys into counters like Ftec, Autoair, Iris etc ........ I lost interest immediately coz the counter are speculative ones.

On the contraty, an agent showed me (HL unit trust) their unit trust hold companies like Maybank, Nestle, MISC, IJM etc ...... I felt more comfortable and confident of the unit trust.

My advice is, request for the top 20 / 30 stocks which the fund buys because its the right of the investor to see the info.
wufei
post Nov 17 2006, 07:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,031 posts

Those capital guarantee fund usually start at initial of RM5000.

scorgio
post Nov 18 2006, 12:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,571 posts

Since the interest rate would be stable for the time being.

Bond funds is a good alternative to FD for those who wants stability but higher than FD returns.

PruBond & HDBS SBF don't have service charge for buying & selling.
scorgio
post Nov 18 2006, 12:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,571 posts

QUOTE(bumicomp @ Nov 17 2006, 03:02 PM)
My advice is, request for the top 20 / 30 stocks which the fund buys because its the right of the investor to see the info.
This piece of info is compulsory in their interim report, annual final report & quarterly newsletter.
dEviLs
post Nov 18 2006, 12:32 AM

Three Suns~
2,788 posts

QUOTE(scorgio @ Nov 18 2006, 12:22 AM)
Since the interest rate would be stable for the time being.

Bond funds is a good alternative to FD for those who wants stability but higher than FD returns.

PruBond & HDBS SBF don't have service charge for buying & selling.
I thought it should be the other way round? buy bond fund when the equities market is going downwards n vise-versa? unsure.gif

125 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:03 PM