Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

(WTA) Laptop Fan is freaking broken!

views

TSMinecrafter
post Apr 6 2014, 09:14 AM, updated 10y ago

ROCK N ROLL STAR
5,043 posts

Hello there LYF,this is my first ever topic,so bear with my mistakes.. sweat.gif

So,the past few days,i've been using my Laptop(Compaq Presario CQ43),and every 20-30 mins,it overheats! shakehead.gif And yesterday,when i was playing Minecraft,it overheated again!Then it does this like 2-3 more times before i eventually think to stop using it,incase there'll be component damage.
I noticed when i turned it on yesterday,i can't hear the laptop fan AT ALL! nod.gif Is it because the fan is clogged with dust?Or broken?Can i use Laptop Cooling Pad instead of the fan? hmm.gif

When i was waiting for it to boot up,it says

"System has detected that the fan isn't operating correctly."(I think lol,i can't remember.)

I hope you guys can help me. smile.gif

Goodbye! smile.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Minecrafter: Apr 6 2014, 09:15 AM
kujiro
post Apr 6 2014, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

Replace the fan:
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Search..._20140405175159

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVBzX2OeRtY
TSMinecrafter
post Apr 6 2014, 10:05 AM

ROCK N ROLL STAR
5,043 posts

QUOTE(kujiro @ Apr 6 2014, 09:55 AM)
Thanks,but are there any shops here that sell the CQ43's laptop fan? hmm.gif
holloway
post Apr 6 2014, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(Minecrafter @ Apr 6 2014, 10:05 AM)
Thanks,but are there any shops here that sell the CQ43's laptop fan? hmm.gif
as an option for you now, laptop cooler alone is not enough, if you still want to use your laptop and haven't found any fan replacement just use the big fan(stand fan or whichever fan) and direct it to the laptop ventilation. That would help also. Probably you can check maybe it's just clogged? if not you can always go to compaq service center and ask if they have replacement fans smile.gif
TSMinecrafter
post Apr 6 2014, 02:22 PM

ROCK N ROLL STAR
5,043 posts

QUOTE(holloway @ Apr 6 2014, 11:15 AM)
as an option for you now, laptop cooler alone is not enough, if you still want to use your laptop and haven't found any fan replacement just use the big fan(stand fan or whichever fan) and direct it to the laptop ventilation. That would help also. Probably you can check maybe it's just clogged? if not you can always go to compaq service center and ask if they have replacement fans smile.gif
Hmm,well that sucks,the laptop cooling pad can't do it.Only the outside iinm. hmm.gif

I think i should check it first to see if it's clogged with dust.Thanks! icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Minecrafter: Apr 6 2014, 02:23 PM
holloway
post Apr 6 2014, 07:54 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

no prob smile.gif hopefully it's only clogged dust. if not then no other options than buying a new fan. or new laptop rclxms.gif
TSMinecrafter
post Apr 6 2014, 08:19 PM

ROCK N ROLL STAR
5,043 posts

QUOTE(holloway @ Apr 6 2014, 07:54 PM)
no prob smile.gif hopefully it's only clogged dust. if not then no other options than buying a new fan. or new laptop rclxms.gif
Yup,i hope it's clogged dust. :fingerscrossed:
Eh i'm a kid,no deeeep pocket. biggrin.gif Im building a PC in June.. nod.gif The laptop i use,i share it with my family lol.
holloway
post Apr 6 2014, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

I like to pry into laptops, along the way can also clean fan and the vent biggrin.gif

haha i used to share my stuff back then. now got my own but still is only normal2 ones smile.gif didn't get to play with those expensive stuff as of yet. don't worry you'll get there as well
TSMinecrafter
post Apr 8 2014, 06:17 PM

ROCK N ROLL STAR
5,043 posts

QUOTE(holloway @ Apr 6 2014, 08:31 PM)
I like to pry into laptops, along the way can also clean fan and the vent biggrin.gif

haha i used to share my stuff back then. now got my own but still is only normal2 ones smile.gif didn't get to play with those expensive stuff as of yet. don't worry you'll get there as well
Actually it's clogged with dust! nod.gif rclxm9.gif
I put the laptop on my table while editing a video,then the fan goes on pretty loud! nod.gif Then it goes back to normal fan noise. rclxm9.gif
When i blow at the air vent,i can hear something getting hit by the fan! brows.gif

Im gonna clean it this weekend. cool2.gif
holloway
post Apr 8 2014, 08:19 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(Minecrafter @ Apr 8 2014, 06:17 PM)
Actually it's clogged with dust! nod.gif  rclxm9.gif
I put the laptop on my table while editing a video,then the fan goes on pretty loud! nod.gif Then it goes back to normal fan noise. rclxm9.gif
When i blow at the air vent,i can hear something getting hit by the fan! brows.gif

Im gonna clean it this weekend. cool2.gif
compressed air also can help to clean if u don't want to rip it apart. but don't know how effective coz i never use one. always read people mentioning those~ but i still prefer the conventional way of ripping apart, clean and repaste biggrin.gif
TSMinecrafter
post Apr 8 2014, 09:10 PM

ROCK N ROLL STAR
5,043 posts

QUOTE(holloway @ Apr 8 2014, 08:19 PM)
compressed air also can help to clean if u don't want to rip it apart. but don't know how effective coz i never use one. always read people mentioning those~ but i still prefer the conventional way of ripping apart, clean and repaste biggrin.gif
I did it not too long ago with compressed air.I think it should be fine now for a few months at least,before using the compressed air again. tongue.gif

Anyway,thanks for the help man!Appreciate it. smile.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:04 PM