Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ACNE, Please come in and share your experience

views

TSjinyee80
post Jan 19 2007, 10:24 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(nkw1987 @ Jan 19 2007, 12:08 AM)
Hmm actually i m still using the green color facial foam tat i told u b4. But one week ago  i finish the my last cream at b4 i can buy a new one i juz use water to wash my face. So gt pimples popping out during tat time, including the nodulus. I still not confirm wat is the green color facial foam actually and i gonna ask the dermatologist wat is it and the name of it. but i m not sure wheter he willing to tell me or not. Hmm, jinyee , hw to deal with nodulus le, quite scary coz it will leave deep scare. Haiz. Anyway i will confirm the name of the gree color facial foam asap and let u knw. Thnz. Plus, i can let u knw the clinic's name = Klinik Khas & pakar kulit chow. Around jalan pudu. Heard b4?
Please DO let me know about the green color foam. Otherwise I would not be able to recommend anything for you.

QUOTE(mygurl @ Jan 19 2007, 08:57 AM)
thanks jinyee...should i go to facial then...i found out that everytime i go facial my acne become worst ...ever heard of dermatic before...its recomemded by the beauty house that i go...
Please, do not use any products recommended by beauty house. Why? They gain profit from the sales, so they claimed the products are good. If you follow my regimen, you don't even need to go for beauty house. Why go if your skin can manage itself?Its redundant and money-wasting right?

QUOTE(mikester @ Jan 19 2007, 10:49 AM)
Hi Jin Yee, I've read most of your posts and I must admit your comments are a real eye-opener for someone like me who's been battling acne for over 15 years now. Actually kinda "pai-seh" to admit.. I'm already 30 yrs old  blush.gif and I have really oily skin. Though I still have acne breakout once in a while, my main problems are scars and large pores thanks to my bravely fought battle with acne.

Recently, I bought a set of tea tree oil products (cleanser+toner+moisturizer) from Body Shop and intend to stick to the cleanse-tone-moisturize regimen twice daily. Really hoping that this would help reduce all the excess oil. Might get mask and facial scrub too. Since no one has asked about Body Shop products, would like to hear your opinion. Here are the ingredients:
Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash
----------------------------------
Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Polysorbate 20, Alcohol Denat., Melaleuca alternifolia, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Allantoin, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Salicylate, Limonene, Citric Acid, CI 19140, CI 42090
Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Freshener
--------------------------------
Water, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Alcohol Denat., Allantoin, Limonene, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) Extract, Yellow 5, Blue 1
Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Mattifying Moisture Gel
----------------------------------------------
Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Panthenol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Methylparaben, Algae Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caramel, Green 3
Btw, I'm a guy.  tongue.gif
I don't have much comments on Body Shop products, since they are reputable for its NATURAL ingredients which I doubted in overall. Anyway, if you have less than 3 acnes per month, then thats mean your skin is okie with your recent skin product. So, don't change and keep using it.

QUOTE(Irresistible @ Jan 19 2007, 01:13 PM)
I think I m combination skin.

It  was oily in T-zone area (got black & whiteheads in around the nose area), there is a light "smile wrinkles" !!  I have eye dark circles, not serious but quite apparent with my fair skin. I hardly have any pimples.

Sometimes, I felt tht my skin is itchy because of dryness. (near the ear & side face area)

I also read some articles saiding that hydration is neccesary for oily skin so that ur skin feel hydrated & won't produce so much oil ?? Is this true ??
Yes, oily skin need hydration. But why does it need hydration provided the skin has also being moisturized by it own self? Well, in my regimen, I stressed on MILD cleanser, which it did not strip the skin sebum. No dehydration will occur, so you don't need hydration right?=)

QUOTE(bumpyboozz @ Jan 19 2007, 08:33 PM)
Dear jinyee,
i nid ur help n advices again...now my acne r getting more n more terrible...after starting the regimen,stopped 4 a while..den popped out a lot...not the normal acne,it's like yellowish water inside...some r red red n big big ones..i m now using oni cetaphil n bp once per 2 days...n meanwhile consuming some direct selling chinese pills to detox the blood...
This is serious problem when nodules occured. No, please do not take anything. Please start this regimen as soon as possible and do not add in anything so that you will be able to see result within 2.5 months. If you keep on having nodules acne, you are risking yourself for getting more scars.

Jinyee
Princess Shmoosh
post Jan 21 2007, 05:04 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

I have two pimples right now, one on my forehead and one on my cheek. It is pretty depressing and I believe it is caused by my erratic sleep patterns lately (PMS may also be a factor). I was just wondering if it's okay to use the neutrogena deep clean facial cleanser in the place of cetaphil? I have used cetaphil before but it made me feel very uncomfortable and my face felt oily even after using it.

Also, I can't find PanOxyl 2.5% anywhere sad.gif I've tried 3 Guardians and 1 Watson so I gave up and bought the 5% instead. Is there any way i can lessen the harsh effect? Thanks, Jinyee biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Princess Shmoosh: Jan 21 2007, 05:04 PM
bleachzrockz
post Jan 21 2007, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

jinyee,

may i ask would bio-essence product causes any acne-related problem??TQ in advance
TSjinyee80
post Jan 21 2007, 11:21 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(Princess Shmoosh @ Jan 21 2007, 05:04 PM)
I have two pimples right now, one on my forehead and one on my cheek. It is pretty depressing and I believe it is caused by my erratic sleep patterns lately (PMS may also be a factor). I was just wondering if it's okay to use the neutrogena deep clean facial cleanser in the place of cetaphil? I have used cetaphil before but it made me feel very uncomfortable and my face felt oily even after using it.

Also, I can't find PanOxyl 2.5% anywhere sad.gif I've tried 3 Guardians and 1 Watson so I gave up and bought the 5% instead. Is there any way i can lessen the harsh effect? Thanks, Jinyee biggrin.gif
Sleeping pattern did contribute to acne but its not the major reason. Please stick to Cetaphil. I understand the feeling because all these while you have adapted to the 'clean' feeling that the normal cleanser gave it to you. Cetaphil is different and it did not contain soap. It preserves your skin's own sebum which this layer helps to keep out bacteria.

You should find PanOxyl because 5% is too strong for beginner. To be honest, directly going to the 5% will cause overdry and might cause adverse effect. Just to highlight my regimen again - MILD cleanser and OVER THE COUNTER medication. Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser contains Salicylic Acid which is not an appropriate product to use along with the latter Benzoyl peroxide.

QUOTE(bleachzrockz @ Jan 21 2007, 10:19 PM)
jinyee,

may i ask would bio-essence product causes any acne-related problem??TQ in advance
Bio Essence, well, what I know is that products under this brand contains strong fragrance scent, which fragrance is one of the main cause of acne.

Jinyee

Togepy
post Jan 22 2007, 12:55 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

Hi, is it ok if i use BLACKMORES deep cleansing face wash with panoxyl 2.5% ?

the ingredient for the cleanser are Purified water, disodium lauroamphodiacetate\sodium trideceth sulfate\hexylene glycol, sodium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfosuccinate, cocamide DEA (from coconut oil), Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil), glyceryl linoleate\glyceryl linolenate, PEG-150 distearate, phenoxyethanol\methylparaben\ethylparaben\butylparaben\propylparaben\isobutylparaben, fragrance, citric acid.

these are all the ingredients i copied from the bottle..... this is the link for it http://www.blackmores.com.au/Products/Deta...?ProductId=1879
is it ok if i use this together wif panoxyl?

and 1 more thing, how can i clean clogged pores, there r so many around my face especially beside my nose....

thanks jinyee80

This post has been edited by Togepy: Jan 22 2007, 02:19 AM
mygurl
post Jan 22 2007, 05:32 PM

0 posts

i have bought neutrogena on-spot-treatment and hopefully its works for me....i heard that when applying moisturiser, those pimple or acne area cannot be applied...is that true...which step comes first...applying acne treatment or moisturiser...

nkw1987
post Jan 22 2007, 05:56 PM

Casual
330 posts

Jinyee:
As wat i have expected, the dermatologist refuse to tell me the name of the green color facial foam. But i gonna take the sample to pharmacies and ask them. I will let u knw the name asap.
TSjinyee80
post Jan 22 2007, 11:06 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(Togepy @ Jan 22 2007, 12:55 AM)
Hi, is it ok if i use BLACKMORES deep cleansing face wash with panoxyl 2.5% ?

the ingredient for the cleanser are Purified water, disodium lauroamphodiacetate\sodium  trideceth sulfate\hexylene glycol, sodium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfosuccinate, cocamide DEA (from coconut oil), Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil), glyceryl linoleate\glyceryl linolenate, PEG-150 distearate, phenoxyethanol\methylparaben\ethylparaben\butylparaben\propylparaben\isobutylparaben, fragrance, citric acid.

these are all the ingredients i copied from the bottle..... this is the link for it http://www.blackmores.com.au/Products/Deta...?ProductId=1879
is it ok if i use this together wif panoxyl?

and 1 more thing, how can i clean clogged pores, there r so many around my face especially beside my nose....

thanks jinyee80
To be honest, I don't really prefer products that contain tea tree oil. Though it is an antibacterial properties, but it might irritate fragile skin.

Well, if you have used to it and your skin did not has adverse reaction, then go ahead. Bear in mind, MILD cleanser + OTC product. Thats all in my recipe. You judge it by yourself whether is it a mild cleanser + OTC?=)

QUOTE(mygurl @ Jan 22 2007, 05:32 PM)
i have bought neutrogena on-spot-treatment and hopefully its works for me....i heard that when applying moisturiser, those pimple or acne area cannot be applied...is that true...which step comes first...applying acne treatment or moisturiser...
Great, you manage to get NOTS. May I know whats the expiry date of the NOTS because what I used to know is that J&J is no longer bringing in NOTS.

Please read the 1st and 2nd posts in this thread, I have included the following procdure. Cleanse, OTC, then wait for it to dry, moisturize. Its not necessary to moisturize anyway unless you exposed to low temperature environment.

QUOTE(nkw1987 @ Jan 22 2007, 05:56 PM)
Jinyee:
As wat i have expected, the dermatologist refuse to tell me the name of the green color facial foam. But i gonna take the sample to pharmacies and ask them. I will let u knw the name asap.
Yup, they gonna protect their salesability of their products. Anyway, you should insist you are the consumer and you have the right to check whether that product is okie or not.

Anyway, unethical dermatologist always add water into their products so that from this dilution, they could make more. So, unless you need antibiotic, otherwise in Malaysia, dermatologist is not reliable one, same applies to the beauty saloon. blush.gif

Jinyee
Togepy
post Jan 22 2007, 11:24 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

how do i know whether it's mild or not? my face got the tight and dry feeling everytime i wash it with the cleanser, is it ok with that??

1 more thing,what should i use to clean clogged pores?
thanks jinyee
nkw1987
post Jan 22 2007, 11:27 PM

Casual
330 posts

Hmm juz for information, do u think tat i can get the name of the green color foam if i go to ask at the pharmacies? Anyway i will do that within tis week so tat i can knw what i have been using after so long. Btw can u teach me hw to settle with nodules b4 i asking for the name? Anything to apply or wat precaution?

This post has been edited by nkw1987: Jan 22 2007, 11:28 PM
nicKit
post Jan 23 2007, 12:16 PM

Casual
374 posts

hi jinyee...

it's nearly 5 mths since i've used ur regimen... my face is clean now with less pimple... but still small ones still pop...

recently, i've been sleeping late... average around 1-1:30am... blush.gif n started to start a bit "heaty"... then i notice that the pimple that pops out is reddish with yellow dot... usually it takes abt a day to clear it up... now at least 3 days... cry.gif

is it due to the late nites?

and my skin can be flaky (which i dunno why)... it often happen on the face and the leg (below the knee)... is it due to dryness?

thanks in advance jinyee... now i think u're the official lowyat acne consultant... cheers! rclxm9.gif notworthy.gif rclxms.gif
Irresistible
post Jan 23 2007, 01:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,189 posts

Jinyee80:

Any recommendation for Scrub brand ?? I scrub like once a week
I didn't managed to find any brand that is fragnence free for scrub !!

Jenn V
post Jan 23 2007, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
214 posts

Dear Jin Yee,

May I know that can BP clear whitehead ah? What does whitehead means? Thanks!!
Princess Shmoosh
post Jan 23 2007, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

i used oxy 5 and 10 before this, when my skin was really bad. so would 2.5 panoxyl be too mild for me? the 5 is causing my skin to become a bit dry though.

also, what would u recommend for scars? something that is non-comodogenic becoz i dont want any pimple popping up again.
TSjinyee80
post Jan 23 2007, 08:50 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(Togepy @ Jan 22 2007, 11:24 PM)
how do i know whether it's mild or not? my face got the tight and dry feeling everytime i wash it with the cleanser, is it ok with that??

1 more thing,what should i use to clean clogged pores?
thanks jinyee
Well, for clogged pores, your skin itself has the ability to cleanse itself. Its just that maybe you are using too many products that prevent the skin to act as its behalf. What cleanser are you using now? Cetaphil?

QUOTE(nkw1987 @ Jan 22 2007, 11:27 PM)
Hmm juz for information, do u think tat i can get the name of the green color foam if i go to ask at the pharmacies? Anyway i will do that within tis week so tat  i can knw what i have been using after so long. Btw can u teach me hw to settle with nodules b4 i asking for the name? Anything to apply or wat precaution?
Nodules, PLEASE do not squeeze it if you did not intend to have severe outcome. Please cleanse it gently and apply BP on it and smear it around gently. After 1 week, it should be gone.

The chinese old people said that don't eat egg, shrimps and so on but to me, its okie. Just prevent foods with high iodine such as kelps or other seafoods because iodine will cause inflammation.

QUOTE(nicKit @ Jan 23 2007, 12:16 PM)
hi jinyee...

it's nearly 5 mths since i've used ur regimen... my face is clean now with less pimple... but still small ones still pop...

recently, i've been sleeping late... average around 1-1:30am... blush.gif n started to start a bit "heaty"... then i notice that the pimple that pops out is reddish with yellow dot... usually it takes abt a day to clear it up... now at least 3 days... cry.gif

is it due to the late nites?

and my skin can be flaky (which i dunno why)... it often happen on the face and the leg (below the knee)... is it due to dryness?

thanks in advance jinyee... now i think u're the official lowyat acne consultant... cheers! rclxm9.gif  notworthy.gif  rclxms.gif
Great to hear that your skin is almost clear. Keep me up to date on your condition through this thread, ok?

Heat will cause pimple. From the viewpoint of 'TAO', you need to release the yang that you absorbed at the daytime and neutralize it with the yin at night. So, if your yang was not neutralize, it will be accumulated in your liver. It will cause burden to your liver as it needs to detoxify your body during the night time. To me, I combined the chinese philosophy and the western thinking in one. So, from the traditional chinese viewpoint, insufficient sleep will cause acne.

Flaky is because your skin is too dry. Do you always expose to air conditioned environment?

Continue the regimen and by 9-12months, you should be clear with occasional pop out.

QUOTE(Irresistible @ Jan 23 2007, 01:33 PM)
Jinyee80:

Any recommendation for Scrub brand ?? I scrub like once a week
I didn't managed to find any brand that is fragnence free for scrub !!
I don't recommend scrub at the meantime you are on the regimen. I understand it will give you a clean feeling but its not applicable at this moment as it might cause adverse effect. Please stay put.

QUOTE(Jenn V @ Jan 23 2007, 05:27 PM)
Dear Jin Yee,

May I know that can BP clear whitehead ah? What does whitehead means? Thanks!!
Benzoyl Peroxide will CLEAR all forms of ACNE. Please google around for whitehead.

QUOTE(Princess Shmoosh @ Jan 23 2007, 05:34 PM)
i used oxy 5 and 10 before this, when my skin was really bad. so would 2.5 panoxyl be too mild for me? the 5 is causing my skin to become a bit dry though.

also, what would u recommend for scars? something that is non-comodogenic becoz i dont want any pimple popping up again.
2.5, 5 and 10 works the same. It doesn't compromise your acne will heal faster. Why? Please read the 2nd posts in this thread for more info about BP's mechanism and function.

Jinyee
nicKit
post Jan 24 2007, 12:03 AM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(jinyee80 @ Jan 23 2007, 08:50 PM)
Great to hear that your skin is almost clear. Keep me up to date on your condition through this thread, ok?

Heat will cause pimple. From the viewpoint of 'TAO', you need to release the yang that you absorbed at the daytime and neutralize it with the yin at night. So, if your yang was not neutralize, it will be accumulated in your liver. It will cause burden to your liver as it needs to detoxify your body during the night time. To me, I combined the chinese philosophy and the western thinking in one. So, from the traditional chinese viewpoint, insufficient sleep will cause acne.

Flaky is because your skin is too dry. Do you always expose to air conditioned environment?

Continue the regimen and by 9-12months, you should be clear with occasional pop out.
nope, i'm not always expose to air conditioned enviroment... just in office only... in fact my bedroom is the hottest... so when i'm in front of the computer, i'll have the fan aiming to the cpu... when i sleep, i let the fan spin... my bf said that i have a slightly higher body temperature than normal person... but the temperature still the same... i dunno y... the falkiness only happens at the face and leg (only thigh below the knee)... other areas aren't affected... curious...

will continue using ur regimen... rclxm9.gif icon_rolleyes.gif notworthy.gif cheers to u jinyee!

nicKit.
TSjinyee80
post Jan 25 2007, 07:21 AM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Jan 24 2007, 12:03 AM)
nope, i'm not always expose to air conditioned enviroment... just in office only... in fact my bedroom is the hottest... so when i'm in front of the computer, i'll have the fan aiming to the cpu... when i sleep, i let the fan spin... my bf said that i have a slightly higher body temperature than normal person... but the temperature still the same... i dunno y... the falkiness only happens at the face and leg (only thigh below the knee)... other areas aren't affected... curious...

will continue using ur regimen... rclxm9.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  notworthy.gif  cheers to u jinyee!
nicKit.
Good luck for you.=)
death_nite
post Jan 25 2007, 02:53 PM

Lossless Land...
2,361 posts

jinyee80,

been using cetpahil n panoxyl 2.5 for almost 2-3 months...my face alot better now...just dat got small acne around my mouth n chin....n my forehead sweat.gif
TSjinyee80
post Jan 27 2007, 02:48 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(death_nite @ Jan 25 2007, 02:53 PM)
jinyee80,

been using cetpahil n panoxyl 2.5 for almost 2-3 months...my face alot better now...just dat got small acne around my mouth n chin....n my forehead sweat.gif
By the way, where did you get PanOxyl 2.5, because when I went to Midvalley that day and went into the Guardian, I saw they were selling the 5 and 10 version only.

Jinyee
neovo
post Jan 28 2007, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Does the PanOxyl 2.5 bleach fabrics? And it makes fabrics turn into yellow color?

127 Pages « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:22 AM