Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Langkawi, *~tax free heaven~* Updated info 1st pg

views

hihihehe
post Feb 14 2009, 06:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,450 posts

back from langkawi last few days..stay at langkasuka beach resort..cheap yet nice
the room act is quad room but 2 person only..but the room can fit 5 person inside
ozak
post Feb 14 2009, 11:20 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

I stay there during CNY with 5person in 1 room. The beach is nice and the loocation is like center between interest place. If taken plane to langkawi, langkasuka beach resort is perfect.
stimix
post Feb 14 2009, 11:44 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Agreed wth u all on the room size but the beach? i thought the beach is abit muddy there? Or has they rehab the sea water surrounding that area hmm.gif

QUOTE(ozak @ Feb 14 2009, 11:20 PM)
I stay there during CNY with 5person in 1 room. The beach is nice and the loocation is like center between interest place. If taken plane to langkawi, langkasuka beach resort is perfect.
mulanly
post Feb 16 2009, 12:37 AM

26 posts

I went to Langkawi not so long ago, and would like to share with you'll about the places, that I went and what I did, with pictures. But I'm unable to write it all out here, please visit here: Travel and Food Blog

Love the Chocolates bargain in Langkawi!!!!

Enjoy your trip to Langkawi!
-----------------------------------
user posted image

driftmeister
post Feb 16 2009, 12:19 PM

Penggadai Rakyat®
4,133 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Feb 14 2009, 11:44 PM)
Agreed wth u all on the room size but the beach? i thought the beach is abit muddy there? Or has they rehab the sea water surrounding that area  hmm.gif
for the amount paid RM150
compare to Malibest RM145

Room Space: Langkasuka>Malibest
Room Cleanliness: Langkasuka>Malibest
Beach Condition: Malibest>Langkasuka by a slight margin (both also muddy and dirty)

but Langkasuka has free breakfast for 4pax

but it all boils down to individual
i prefer quiet place
some ppl like happening place like Cenang

This post has been edited by driftmeister: Feb 16 2009, 12:25 PM
Smile Zerg
post Feb 16 2009, 07:20 PM

2 posts

i am planning to go langkawi in middle of may with my classmates. Total almost 30 of them going. Any recommendation on where to stay(prefer apartment or condominium) and which car rental company to opt for?
omg528
post Feb 16 2009, 10:17 PM

Enthusiast
739 posts

QUOTE(GKilla @ Jan 27 2009, 01:27 AM)
Mr Nizam? Is he something like a travel agent in langkawi or something?
he is an agent in langkawi...u can try to contact him and ask for price 1st...
just told him u r intro by ivan...mayb can get better price^^ rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
ozak
post Feb 16 2009, 10:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Feb 14 2009, 11:44 PM)
Agreed wth u all on the room size but the beach? i thought the beach is abit muddy there? Or has they rehab the sea water surrounding that area  hmm.gif
Not really mudddy. Just so, so. The sea is calmer here. That is why don't see muddy.

Added on February 16, 2009, 11:09 pm
QUOTE(driftmeister @ Feb 16 2009, 12:19 PM)

Beach Condition: Malibest>Langkasuka by a slight margin (both also muddy and dirty)

i prefer quiet place
The breakfast not really good. Below the resort level. You want nice delicious breakfast, you got to add rm4 to have it at lobby.

This post has been edited by ozak: Feb 16 2009, 11:09 PM
zoossy
post Feb 16 2009, 11:54 PM

31 posts

I'm planning to stay in langkasuka too . i think its all right for its price ..haha
can see sunset and sun rise i heard..

vandetta
post Feb 17 2009, 04:40 PM

On my way
658 posts

I try to book two rooms in Malibest through Journey Advisor.
Plan to go there early July. They reply I only can book for at least 3 months earlier.
Hopefully by April the room is not fully book yet, looking to stay at Malibest because of cheap and big room.
akmar_m
post Feb 17 2009, 06:05 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(driftmeister @ Feb 16 2009, 12:19 PM)

i prefer quiet place
will be going on 9/3 -booked 2 rooms for 4 pax -RM125 per room @ Cuti-cuti Malaysia, i guess ok la -been there twice, never stayed in Langkasuka. Tempted to stay in Pantai Cenang, but I guess it's rather 'too happening' like people said -specially at night. Prefer rather quiet atmosphere tongue.gif .

Hope the beach is ok -want to do some shopping too -very tempting drool.gif

Added on February 17, 2009, 6:10 pmanyone has contact for car rental-last time got Nissan Sentra for RM80 per day

This post has been edited by akmar_m: Feb 17 2009, 06:10 PM
Piggylover
post Feb 19 2009, 11:41 PM

0 posts

hihi!! im planning for my trip of 3D2N to Langkawi in Apr09. just wanna check if anyone out there hav any idea tat "Summer Palace" in Pantai Kok is still available for visit? get to know from some webby mention it hav been close, went there last 2 time but didnt manage to knw this place. any kind soul out there can advise me?? TQ!! smile.gif
stimix
post Feb 20 2009, 08:52 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

The stage for the anna & the King dismantled long time ago..Even 3 yrs ago I tried checking out that place & the guy at Oriental Village (Cable car terminal). told me the same. I suspect the location is Oriental Village itself.. hmm.gif

QUOTE(Piggylover @ Feb 19 2009, 11:41 PM)
hihi!! im planning for my trip of 3D2N to Langkawi in Apr09. just wanna check if anyone out there hav any idea tat "Summer Palace" in Pantai Kok is still available for visit? get to know from some webby mention it hav been close, went there last 2 time but didnt manage to knw this place. any kind soul out there can advise me?? TQ!! smile.gif
Piggylover
post Feb 20 2009, 11:09 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Feb 20 2009, 08:52 AM)
The stage for the anna & the King dismantled long time ago..Even 3 yrs ago I tried checking out that place & the guy at Oriental Village (Cable car terminal). told me the same. I suspect the location is Oriental Village itself.. hmm.gif
hi stimix,

thanks alot for ur advise. haiz.. really pity such a nice place gone le.
shd b gd venue to take photo there... cry.gif

Added on February 20, 2009, 11:14 am
hmm.. from wat i get to see from some webby mention tat Summer palace is nearby to Oriental village, so it shd nt b the same place. saw pic of summer shd b nearby to the sea area de, Oriental nt nearby rite? hmm.gif

Added on February 20, 2009, 11:22 am
hi stimix,

thanks alot for ur advise n info. smile.gif

really sad n feel pity tat such a nice place disappear le. haiz.. cry.gif

hmm.. wat i get to see frm some webby mention tat Summer is nearby to Oriental only, so shd nt b same location. frm pic of Summer seem to b nearby to sea area, but Oriental nt near sea rite?? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Piggylover: Feb 20 2009, 11:22 AM
stimix
post Feb 20 2009, 11:38 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Out of curiosity & after checking wikimapia, I noted one remark on Anna & the king stage & after zooming-in I noted the blue roof stage is still there. Subsequent check wth google earth noted that image is pretty old i.e cir~ Jan 2006. The last I checked in 2007 (Not really 3 yrs ago), that stage has been dismantled- according to Oriebtal Village ppl-lah & now I remembered they told me it's not at Oriental Village but near to the beach. Dun bother to check as they said already dismantled blush.gif ) .

At that point of time, construction is still ongoing on a hotel (?) abit North of that stage & not far from Telaga Harbor(Mahathir's bread house (The Loaf). Even during my last visit in 2007, that area is a restricted area although I din know the exact location without the help from the poor reso Google Earth at that point of time

Check here for the actual location of summer Palace:
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=6.366098&lon=99....=16&l=0&m=h&v=2

This post has been edited by stimix: Feb 20 2009, 11:44 AM
Piggylover
post Feb 20 2009, 12:34 PM

0 posts

hi stimix,

thanks alot for ur info & advise!! smile.gif

it is really sad & pity to knw such a nice place gone. haiz.. cry.gif

hmm.. get to knw from some webby tat summer only nearby to oriental, so shd nt b same location.
from some pic i saw, summer is nearby to beach rite? but oriental is nt.. hmm.gif

Added on February 20, 2009, 12:37 pm
QUOTE(stimix @ Feb 20 2009, 11:38 AM)
Out of curiosity &  after checking wikimapia, I noted one remark on Anna & the king stage & after zooming-in I noted the blue roof stage is still there. Subsequent check wth google earth noted that image is pretty old i.e cir~ Jan 2006. The last I checked in 2007 (Not really 3 yrs ago), that stage has been dismantled- according to Oriebtal Village ppl-lah & now I remembered they told me it's not at Oriental Village but near to the beach. Dun bother to check as they said already dismantled  blush.gif ) .

At that point of time, construction is still ongoing on a hotel (?) abit North of that stage & not far from Telaga Harbor(Mahathir's bread house (The Loaf). Even during my last visit in 2007, that area is a restricted area although I din know the exact location without the help from the poor reso Google Earth at that point of time

Check here for the actual location of  summer Palace:
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=6.366098&lon=99....=16&l=0&m=h&v=2
hi stimix,

TQ for ur info. sorry dunno y my earlier reply come out so many time as i saw it was nt posted n i keep repeating the same thing. hahaha.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Piggylover: Feb 20 2009, 12:37 PM
zoossy
post Feb 22 2009, 11:29 AM

31 posts

AWD doesnt accept maybank debit card as well???
i tried , but it cant go through , dont have credit card to complete the payment though...
akmar_m
post Feb 26 2009, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(zoossy @ Feb 22 2009, 11:29 AM)
AWD doesnt accept maybank debit card as well???
i tried , but it cant go through , dont have credit card to complete the payment though...
try other site -cuti cuti Malaysia -u can pay by CC or Maybank2u/ Bank transfer
TSChester
post Feb 28 2009, 02:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,380 posts

nobody go langkawi recently ah? unsure.gif
Openview
post Feb 28 2009, 06:03 PM

0 posts

I am going tomorrow with family, any nice restaurant there to have a good dinner, 4 people around RM 50, and any karaoke in town.

129 Pages « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0305sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:39 AM