Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone knows about AUCMS MD UKM?

views

TSCatherine Teh
post Aug 19 2012, 03:32 PM, updated 12y ago

8 posts

I have something to ask about md ukm hope someone doesn't mind to tell me more about this course. Actually i has been offered md ukm by JPA this year. i was quite happy but still got a bit worries because i never heard about this university before. can i know whether the AUCMS-UKM md course is accredited by MMC and MQA? i only find AUCMS-USU medical degree is in the list of MQA and MMC but didn't see AUCMS-UKM.erm...i heard that we will get UKM cert after we finish the degree, is it real? they will provide us hostel for 5 years or first year only?
AUCMS medical degree good or not? i heard many ppl complaining about the uni,is it real?
KuzumiTaiga
post Aug 19 2012, 04:58 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,283 posts

Don't bash me, people, this is just my point of view.

AUCMS's logo itself looks like some sorta kiddish looking college. The students and staff are mostly dominated by race M (you know what I mean, and no, I'm not trying to be racist here, just stating it in case the Thread Starter is ignorant of it) and the English standards there are somewhat low from what I have observed. And in my opinion it's one of the lowest level "approved" medical schools in Malaysia, apart from the ones sending people to some isolated Russian med school in the middle of nowhere. sweat.gif

btw, every freaking AUCMS person I've been interacting with have extremely low level of English usage, a bit like those typical Malaysians who speak crappy English thinking that they're very fluent in it. What doing do? Sori I dont understand what you speaking, my english very lemah, etc. sweat.gif And the reviews of that place are just plain terrible. I'd totally avoid that place if I were you.

Even the freaking people in charge of AUCMS's Facebook page do not speak professionally, you ask questions in English, they either don't reply you or reply to you in BM (and I wouldn't really mind if they replied in PROPER Malay, they replied in what we call as Bahasa SMS, that's rather stupid for a college's official Facebook page, don't you think?)

This post has been edited by KuzumiTaiga: Aug 19 2012, 05:04 PM
wangpatan
post Aug 19 2012, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(Catherine Teh @ Aug 19 2012, 03:32 PM)
I have something to ask about md ukm hope someone doesn't mind to tell me more about this course. Actually i has been offered md ukm by JPA this year. i was quite happy but still got a bit worries because i never heard about this university before. can i know whether the AUCMS-UKM md course is accredited by MMC and MQA? i only find AUCMS-USU medical degree is in the list of MQA and MMC but didn't see AUCMS-UKM.erm...i heard that we will get UKM cert after we finish the degree, is it real? they will provide us hostel for 5 years or first year only?
AUCMS medical degree good or not? i heard many ppl complaining about the uni,is it real?
Totally agree with kuzumiTiaga. Not only the students speaks lousy English. Even the personal in education fair can't comman in good English. U asked them something in English, they answer u in Malay. I would suggest that u either request for changing courses from PSD or self sponsor to other uni for med edu. AUCMS isn't a good choice. Beside that, they are still new. Their quality of students are still unknown. Beside that what are AUCMS proud off??? A doctor who start the uni or being pak lah's best buddy?
dentalfloss
post Aug 19 2012, 06:00 PM

Casual
389 posts

they even asked those malay celebrities to become their spoke-person to advertise the uni!
limeuu
post Aug 19 2012, 08:58 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

do note that while the degree is awarded by ukm, it is NOT the same degree.....and is not recognised by spore....

the reason is obvious.....those who get into ukm are mostly straight a's/4.0 students.....while those who get into the aucms/ukm programme are mostly weaker students.....

many countries do not recognize medical degrees not because they think the programme is bad (it IS bad, in some cases), but because the selection criteria is often too lax, allowing mediocre students to get in......
cckkpr
post Aug 19 2012, 09:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,405 posts

Looks like JPA scholars for med are being placed in the least preferred med schools. Pity those who are real smart and were thinking of a childhood dream come true.

It's really a nightmare!!
limeuu
post Aug 19 2012, 11:16 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

the reason why there are so many new med schools just started, is that they are hoping to tap into tax payers' money in the form of jpa/mara scholarships.....

in recent years, the gov had given up to 1200 medical scholarships to mostly overseas....and if we estimate that each is worth on average say, rm500K (russia will be cheaper, oz can be >1 million), that is about rm600million....

of late, most of these scholarships have been given for ipts rather than overseas....connected people know this is coming, and hence the explosion of med schools.....

the main purpose of most of these new ones is to tap into the rm600million a year allocated for medicine scholarships....how many scholars get allocated to each is a rough indicator of the political influence the owners have.... smile.gif

of course, there are also many private students with money......so that's the icing on the cake....except that mmc threw a damper on their joy by insisting on minimum qualifications....shrinking the potential pool of would be students....many side step this restriction by setting up their own 'foundation'....it's not difficult for an in-house, un-standardised foundation to appropriately award the necessary number of students good grades to fill the available places.....
ilsam_99
post Mar 31 2013, 09:11 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Catherine Teh @ Aug 19 2012, 04:32 PM)
MD UKM in AUCMS is accredited by MMC and MQA

Yes , you will get cert. from UKM and your convocation will be in UKM

Hostel is free during study.

A picture is worth a thousand words , we have not less 100,000 of it

Kindly refer to below links

Facilities - http://www.allianzeunicollege.edu.my/porta...facilities.html
Surrounding - http://www.allianzeunicollege.edu.my/porta...ding-aucms.html
Photo News - http://www.allianzeunicollege.edu.my/porta...story/news.html
Activities - https://www.facebook.com/allianze.university/photos_albums

And anyone are welcome to discuss with us at below links with your Facebook account.

http://www.allianzeunicollege.edu.my/portal/talk-to-us.html or at any page that created in AUCMS webportal. All intergrated with Facebook .

This post has been edited by ilsam_99: Apr 9 2013, 02:08 PM
adriansingh91
post Apr 3 2013, 02:35 AM

12 posts

I'm a student of the MD UKM-AUCMS program and would definitely disagree with the comments and reviews of what is being said about the program.

I find it amusing seeing some people make fun of the command of English of those associated with the college but they them self don't speak good English. Honestly, everyone I interact here with speaks decent English. Do note, Im not taking any sides but would just like to clear the air of what is being said about my university and program.

Firstly, the program is both accredited by MMC and MQA and the standards practiced here is similar to what is being practiced in the main campus. The National University of Malaysia (UKM) has set strict guidelines to be followed, be it from academics to extra-curricular activities. The only difference is the location of where we're studying.

Yes, the mode of selection is different from UKM but not any Tom, d*** and Harry can enter the program. My friends have also been awarded top in their class and have beaten students from the main campus in terms of end semester results. So how could you say we are mediocre or weaker students? That's just absurd! Do know, we sit for a fully external paper whereby we are not given tips for the exam. We reap, what we sow.

Though we have some drawbacks but that doesn't make it any less credible. That spreading rumors, facts should be stated. I personally can say, that only students with the right mettle are deemed fit in this program.

If you would want to know more about the university and program, do PM me and I would definitely try my best to clear your doubts.

With this program, UKM and AUCMS has given a chance to students who have not done STPM/matriculation but other credible foundation programs to be able to receive a MD awarded by a local govt Uni. I am one of those blessed student.

Cheers!
zeng
post Apr 7 2013, 08:12 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(adriansingh91 @ Apr 3 2013, 02:35 AM)
I'm a student of the MD UKM-AUCMS program and would definitely disagree with the comments and reviews of what is being said about the program.

I find it amusing seeing some people make fun of the command of English of those associated with the college but they them self don't speak good English. Honestly, everyone I interact here with speaks decent English. Do note, Im not taking any sides but would just like to clear the air of what is being said about my university and program.

Firstly, the program is both accredited by MMC and MQA and the standards practiced here is similar to what is being practiced in the main campus. The National University of Malaysia (UKM) has set strict guidelines to be followed, be it from academics to extra-curricular activities. The only difference is the location of where we're studying.

Yes, the mode of selection is different from UKM but not any Tom, d*** and Harry can enter the program. My friends have also been awarded top in their class and have beaten students from the main campus in terms of end semester results. So how could you say we are mediocre or weaker students? That's just absurd! Do know, we sit for a fully external paper whereby we are not given tips for the exam. We reap, what we sow.

Though we have some drawbacks but that doesn't make it any less credible. That spreading rumors, facts should be stated. I personally can say, that only students with the right mettle are deemed fit in this program.

If you would want to know more about the university and program, do PM me and I would definitely try my best to clear your doubts.

With this program, UKM and AUCMS has given a chance to students who have not done STPM/matriculation but other credible foundation programs to be able to receive a MD awarded by a local govt Uni. I am one of those blessed student.

Cheers!
Look isn't it a fact that a poster above posed a proper English question to a University staff on enrolment matter only

to be responded in non-English with broken sentence ??

Isn't that very disrespectful to the poster above ? ..... Is that proper ? What is manners btw ??......

Was that a lie by the poster above ??

Where's professionalism in the use of a language ( in proper manner ) in official communication with stakeholder ??

I , for one , would not want to have anything to do with a scenario/encounter such as this . . . . blush.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:01 PM