Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Medical Qualification Exam, Complete Insane

views

TSjamestan88
post May 1 2012, 10:51 PM, updated 12y ago

5 posts

I guess Dr. Pagalavan will not name the dubious medical schools he mentions, but let me state some, generally speaking from experience working with houseofficers from various universities (to generalise is bad but you have to see it to believe me).
Ranking from the best to the worse of them lot…

1. UM/UKM/USM graduates are amongst the best I’ve seen, good work ethics, good knowledge, maybe a little poor on presentation skills, probably only 1 out of 100 will pull a disappearing act or get extended by the department.

2. Local twinning graduates i.e. PMC/IMU/MMMC, these are the so-called kids of rich parents or what you people would label them as, but knowledge and attitude-wise, probably on par or slightly lacking behind the UM/UKM/USM bunch. Maybe 5-10 out of 100 are bad, lets face it every medical school produces bad apples.

3. Graduates from UK/Australia/New Zealand, sometimes I wonder why on earth do they even come back from where they graduated (1st world country practices are not applicable to Malaysia!). Knowledge-wise excellent, but usually takes a while to pick up the necessary clinical skills compared to our local graduates, interns are not expected to do much in 1st world countries and if so only under SUPERVISION.

4. Graduates from Indonesia/Middle East, mind you some are JPA scholars, some are sponsored by parents, I’d say 50 out of 100 are good.

5. Graduates from Russia/Ukraine – What do you have to say, I have countless stories accumulated from just over 4 years as these graduates are rare/unheard of before 2008. 95 out of 100 are BAD to the core, no knowledge, doesn’t know how to take a history/examine a patient (some probably did Accountancy), never held a needle/syringe or touch a patient! Last but not least, disappear or try to pretend to be busy so that others will do extra work. How on earth do they graduate from these dubious medical schools?

Why are graduates from Russia/Ukraine being looked down upon? To the extent that they usually exclude from their Rubber Stamp where they graduated. Useless unless proven otherwise as mentioned by some senior doctors.

This post has been edited by jamestan88: May 1 2012, 10:51 PM
TSjamestan88
post May 1 2012, 11:06 PM

5 posts

unlimited re-sit examination, especially for those graduated from UKRAINE, INDONESIA, MIDDLE EAST, this is also directly providing opportunities for these medical graduated the LICENSE TO KILL.

arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:09 PM

all ur bass are belong to usa
2,227 posts

1. UM/UKM/USM graduates are amongst the best I’ve seen, good work ethics, good knowledge, maybe a little poor on presentation skills, probably only 1 out of 100 will pull a disappearing act or get extended by the department.

Blofeld
post May 1 2012, 11:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

Yup, I can agree. Sometimes I find local graduates seem to be better performers compared to overseas graduates contrary to popular belief.

This post has been edited by Blofeld: May 1 2012, 11:10 PM
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:10 PM

2,227 posts

wait, why doesnt he say anything bout the uni he teaches at which is monash
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:10 PM

2,227 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ May 1 2012, 11:09 PM)
Yup, I can agree. Sometimes I find local graduates seem to be better performers compared to overseas graduates contrary to popular belief.
and you are?
SUSslimey
post May 1 2012, 11:11 PM

6,914 posts

practice practice practice
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

wow UKM UM USM world class...tahniah with this new ranking!

masuk newspaper yet? contact BBC, Aljazeera, CBS fast!
hexion
post May 1 2012, 11:13 PM

Casual
480 posts

i see so it seems that local graduates prefer to work like a dog or more likely a slave with over-work unappropriated on-call timing,schedule and restless environment 1 ward equal to a doctor. very good indeed.
SUSruffaz
post May 1 2012, 11:14 PM

yes I am a noob
1,066 posts

how abt from india?
freedom4me

8 posts

Too many medics
Blofeld

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 1 2012, 11:10 PM)
and you are?
Me...neither.

I'm a UPSR school leaver. Poor me. cry.gif
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:15 PM

2,227 posts

QUOTE(hexion @ May 1 2012, 11:13 PM)
i see so it seems that local graduates prefer to work like a dog or more likely a slave with over-work unappropriated on-call timing,schedule and restless environment 1 ward equal to a doctor. very good indeed.
which meansnext time must have

doctor level: UKM liao

it's equal to level:asian in starcraft

QUOTE(ruffaz @ May 1 2012, 11:14 PM)
how abt from india?
its MMMC what.
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:15 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

guys this TS probably local graduate jelly and butthurt with these overseas grad....so scared steal your ricebowl? UM USM UKM better than UK australia universities? what the fricking hell?
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 1 2012, 11:15 PM)
which meansnext time must have

doctor level: UKM liao

it's equal to level:asian in starcraft
its MMMC what.
do u even know how low class our local lecturers are? i doubt they can even be phd student in a proper world rank university
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:17 PM

2,227 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 1 2012, 11:15 PM)
guys this TS probably local graduate jelly and butthurt with these overseas grad....so scared steal your ricebowl? UM USM UKM better than UK australia universities? what the fricking hell?
he quoted from dr pagavalan blog, who is a very old doctor liao

now teaching in monash uni.

so i duno what u spewing...
TSjamestan88
post May 1 2012, 11:18 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 2 2012, 12:11 AM)

i am not saying local medical schools are world class or not a world class. i am just trying to point out how many silly moves by our ministers or politicians.

bear in mind, one day, you, or your children might be warded to government hospitals, and thos RUSSIAN, UKRAINE, INDONESIA doctors might be the one who treat you.

and bear in mind, the sub-standard, unwilling to learn attitude are enough for them to mistreat you and if unfortunately enough, they are licensed to kill you.

Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:19 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 1 2012, 11:17 PM)
he quoted from dr pagavalan blog, who is a very old doctor liao

now teaching in monash uni.

so i duno what u spewing...
just saying these old doctors from local unis are scared of foreign graduates from world class universities in UK and australia...juz saying....

i bet his blog paint dark pictures about world class medicine coming to malaysia...
beederbest
post May 1 2012, 11:20 PM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(jamestan88 @ May 1 2012, 10:51 PM)
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:20 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(jamestan88 @ May 1 2012, 11:18 PM)
i am not saying local medical schools are world class or not a world class. i am just trying to point out how many silly moves by our ministers or politicians.

bear in mind, one day, you, or your children might be warded to government hospitals, and thos RUSSIAN, UKRAINE, INDONESIA doctors might be the one who treat you.

and bear in mind, the sub-standard, unwilling to learn attitude are enough for them to mistreat you and if unfortunately enough, they are licensed to kill you.
sorry la encik..when u put australia and UK in rank 3 BELOW our "World standard" UM UKM, when other ranking place UKM NOT EVEN TOP 500! totally no more credibility in your ranking..can put in dustbin

have u no shame?

This post has been edited by Squidward: May 1 2012, 11:21 PM
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:24 PM

2,227 posts

^y u so butthurt wan...

u grad from UK izit? lol
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:25 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 1 2012, 11:24 PM)
^y u so butthurt wan...

u grad from UK izit? lol
im not even from medicine line...but what a shock to see this TS from fairytale land...rank his own local universities above world class establishments....

i cant even start to tell u the horrors of our local hospitals...thats why if i go private hospital make sure is dr from good UK or Australia universities....
hexion
post May 1 2012, 11:26 PM

Casual
480 posts

bear in mind that local government hospital love to bullies and making the houseman as their biatch. they also manage to chase-off the potential doctors to work somewhere else, maybe for those studying locally didnt know how the outside world work especially the 1st world country. maybe it appears for them owh this how the doctor supposed to be,work like a machine. i bet the bangla workers here get much more rest than the houseman doctors in malaysia.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...414-339646.html

This post has been edited by hexion: May 1 2012, 11:28 PM
Balaclava
post May 1 2012, 11:26 PM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 1 2012, 03:25 PM)
im not even from medicine line...but what a shock to see this TS from fairytale land...rank his own local universities above world class establishments....

i cant even start to tell u the horrors of our local hospitals...thats why if i go private hospital make sure is dr from good UK or Australia universities....
I got friends both in UK and local. The difference is immense. The ethics is first class.
SUSrandyhow
post May 1 2012, 11:27 PM

Dragon Sage
561 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ May 1 2012, 11:11 PM)
practice practice practice
thats wing chun...
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(hexion @ May 1 2012, 11:26 PM)
bear in mind that local government hospital love to bullies and making the houseman as their biatch. they also manage to chase-off the potential doctors to work someone else, maybe for those studying locally didnt know how the outside world work especially the 1st world country. maybe it appears for them owh this how the doctor supposed to be,work like a machine. i bet the bangla workers here get much more rest than the houseman doctors in malaysia.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...414-339646.html
wow even other countries expose our lousy medicine system. no surprise...nobody who can afford will dare enter gomen hospitals...bunch of incompetent and lazy fools there
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:28 PM

2,227 posts

^how different wor balavlaca

mind to explain? no butthurt wan, im open to constructive criticism
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:29 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ May 1 2012, 11:26 PM)
I got friends both in UK and local. The difference is immense. The ethics is first class.
malaysia famous for everything cincai ma...where got system one...except MNCs where i work. but here got MNC hospital? LOL. just a bunch of hush hush black market system
beederbest

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 1 2012, 11:20 PM)
sorry la encik..when u put australia and UK in rank 3 BELOW our "World standard" UM UKM, when other ranking place UKM NOT EVEN TOP 500! totally no more credibility in your ranking..can put in dustbin

have u no shame?
do u understand that different country clinical practices is different? thus when some students from UK or australia coming back to msia, it takes a little more time for them to get used to system here.

different countries have different approaches to patient in hospital, and some diseases here might not be that common.

and the clinical years medical students here get more exposure to patients n clinical procedures when compared to UK n Aus students cuz those are 1st world country they dont let clinical years students do much when compared to here.

so expectation from the doctors for the graduates will mostly be based on the local situation here.

cannot say which one is the best or UK n Aus is not the best, just that the system and approaches is different so expectation would be different too.

JoLee

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ May 1 2012, 11:26 PM)
Care to clarify which graduate has better ethics?

arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:30 PM

2,227 posts

rmbr the doctor who went to search for the severed hand?

go google him up... lol
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(beederbest @ May 1 2012, 11:29 PM)
do u understand that different country clinical practices is different? thus when some students from UK or australia coming back to msia, it takes a little more time for them to get used to system here.

different countries have different approaches to patient in hospital, and some diseases here might not be that common.

and the clinical years medical students here get more exposure to patients n clinical procedures when compared to UK n Aus students cuz those are 1st world country they dont let clinical years students do much when compared to here.

so expectation from the doctors for the graduates will mostly be based on the local situation here.

cannot say which one is the best or UK n Aus is not the best, just that the system and approaches is different so expectation would be different too.
wow twist like BN cybertrooper? they dun let students clinical is con? is call PROFESSIONAL! ONLY in malaysia clinical year students handle patients ha...i can imagine the crap come out without supervision

would i want stupid 1st year doctor do surgery? so it appears its yes in malaysia gomen hospitals...this issue really shocking....no wonder no one wants to go gomen hospital if can....man....
satuross
post May 1 2012, 11:33 PM

Casual
365 posts

UKM is one of the best university in the world.

Why? Because its in bandar baru bangi.
Unlike lim cock wing, which is surrounded by movie cinema's, they produce rubbish doctors

nelienuxe_sara
post May 1 2012, 11:33 PM

noob im ur father
2,543 posts

I guess Dr. Pagalavan will not name the dubious medical schools he mentions, but let me state some, generally speaking from experience working with houseofficers from various universities (to generalise is bad but you have to see it to believe me).

2. Local twinning graduates i.e. PMC/IMU/MMMC, these are the so-called kids of rich parents or what you people would label them as, but knowledge and attitude-wise, probably on par or slightly lacking behind the UM/UKM/USM bunch. Maybe 5-10 out of 100 are bad, lets face it every medical school produces bad apples.

3. Graduates from UK/Australia/New Zealand, sometimes I wonder why on earth do they even come back from where they graduated (1st world country practices are not applicable to Malaysia!). Knowledge-wise excellent, but usually takes a while to pick up the necessary clinical skills compared to our local graduates, interns are not expected to do much in 1st world countries and if so only under SUPERVISION.

4. Graduates from Indonesia/Middle East, mind you some are JPA scholars, some are sponsored by parents, I’d say 50 out of 100 are good.

5. Graduates from Russia/Ukraine – What do you have to say, I have countless stories accumulated from just over 4 years as these graduates are rare/unheard of before 2008. 95 out of 100 are BAD to the core, no knowledge, doesn’t know how to take a history/examine a patient (some probably did Accountancy), never held a needle/syringe or touch a patient! Last but not least, disappear or try to pretend to be busy so that others will do extra work. How on earth do they graduate from these dubious medical schools?

Why are graduates from Russia/Ukraine being looked down upon? To the extent that they usually exclude from their Rubber Stamp where they graduated. Useless unless proven otherwise as mentioned by some senior doctors.

kau houseman kah?
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:34 PM

2,227 posts

QUOTE(satuross @ May 1 2012, 11:33 PM)

Unlike lim cock wing, which is surrounded by movie cinema's, they produce rubbish doctors
ini... ini..... genius..

lim cock wing ada produce doctor ?
zenox0123
post May 1 2012, 11:35 PM

Casual
411 posts

True Story.
Got quite a few friends came back from Russia/Ukraine/Indonesia.. look clueless when treating patients.
One pharmacist came back from Indonesia saying 100g is equivalence to 120g. rclxub.gif
Squidward

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(satuross @ May 1 2012, 11:33 PM)

Najib should be proud ranking rise from below top 500 to now number 2!! harvard..bow in shame...
danny_sp15

==============
3,045 posts

um ka, ukm ka, usm ka, uitm ka, ukraine ka, soviet russia ka, semua sama..
what makes a good doctor is a good working attitude. knowledge and experience comes with time. but if working attitude sampah, sampai bila pun sampah if not willing to change.

but really, in the first few months of housemanship, local grads perform better than overseas grad. but after a year like that, overseas grad catch up and both same edi.
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:36 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(yukkaikhan @ May 1 2012, 11:34 PM)
Good overseas graduates would be employed overseas whilst the mediocre and bad come back here and work amongst cavemen.

but that's just my ignorant opinion, i'm just a student, who am I to judge right? laugh.gif
ever heard of JPA and MARA scholars? guess u not reach that level before...
arsenwagon

2,227 posts

QUOTE(yukkaikhan @ May 1 2012, 11:34 PM)
Good overseas graduates would be employed overseas whilst the mediocre and bad come back here and work amongst cavemen.

but that's just my ignorant opinion, i'm just a student, who am I to judge right? laugh.gif
u medical student ar?

erm, got point also lar.

Blofeld

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

I think some should take a look at the ranking criteria of universities before making any judgement.

Eg. Some students are so eager to go Harvard (well, since it's one of the highest ranking universities, no doubt) but soon they find out that hey, the professors there aren't the best teachers in town, what they are good at is research, period. Sometimes, the best teachers in town is right at our doorstep but no one realise that.

Sometimes, we have the best syllabus but again no one appreciates it.

Now, just look at our country now, if someone were to hand out a survey to you, would you even answer that questionnaire? Most probably, that questionnaire would end up in the dustbin. If the public themselves are not supporting our local researchers, how are we going to move forward? There are also occassions where our local researchers approached some locals for interviews, and as usual no one entertained the researchers. Anyway, I am speaking from a social science perspective (not medical field).

But in other countries, they are willing to assist researchers in filling up those research questionnaires.

We Malaysians are being hypocrites blaming the poor ranking of our local universities when we are being the rootcause as well.

Of course at the same time, the quota intakes have to be blamed as well. There are also bad apples among the academic staff who lack the initiative in conducting research.
Balaclava
post May 1 2012, 11:37 PM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

The ethics like I said. I only heard local medic grads b1tch about long hours and how scary the disease some patients are experiencing, and how they ponteng clinics while on the other hand, my friends overseas get placements and I get to hear interesting stories on how they diagnose patients and help patients cucuk one saluran from gugubird to bladder and help patients pee better(dunno what kind of treatment) then they feel glad after helping patients. perhaps my friends is not representive enough but yeah, I'd gladly consult a UK grad doctor than a local doctor if there's a choice. My kawan all graduated overseas one don't plan to come back Malaysia practice.

This post has been edited by Balaclava: May 1 2012, 11:38 PM
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:37 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 1 2012, 11:35 PM)
what makes a good doctor is a good working attitude. knowledge and experience comes with time. but if working attitude sampah, sampai bila pun sampah if not willing to change.

but really, in the first few months of housemanship, local grads perform better than overseas grad. but after a year like that, overseas grad catch up and both same edi.
thats bcos local grads got advantage know all the crony tactics, makan suap, curi tulang, know how to avoid rules, loopholes and stuff. now i understand
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:38 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ May 1 2012, 11:36 PM)
I think some should take a look at the ranking criteria of universities before making any judgement.

Eg. Some students are so eager to go Harvard (well, since it's one of the highest ranking universities, no doubt) but soon they find out that hey, the professors there aren't the best teachers in town, what they are good at is research, period. Sometimes, the best teachers in town is right at our doorstep but no one realise that.

Sometimes, we have the best syllabus but again no one appreciates it.

Now, just look at our country now, if someone were to hand out a survey to you, would you even answer that questionnaire? Most probably, that questionnaire would end up in the dustbin. If the public themselves are not supporting our local researchers, how are we going to move forward? There are also occassions where our local researchers approached some locals for interviews, and as usual no one entertained the researchers. Anyway, I am speaking from a social science perspective (not medical field).

But in other countries, they are willing to assist researchers in filling up those research questionnaires.

We Malaysians are being hypocrites blaming the poor ranking of our local universities when we are being the rootcause as well.

Of course at the same time, the quota intakes have to be blamed as well. There are also bad apples among the academic staff who lack the initiative in conducting research.
the first thing is to recognise your fault...not go and claim u know better than overseas world class graduates...
arsengal
post May 1 2012, 11:38 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

I wonder, where does the other local IPTS medical schools are ranked? IMU/UCSI/RMCP/Monash

This post has been edited by arsengal: May 1 2012, 11:39 PM
Yeyechan
post May 1 2012, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

have u no shame?
But we can't deny the fact that these 3 schools produces "safe doctors" right?

Hmmm... have u met the medical students in these 3 schools? I would say that they are quite decent though. But as for the ukraine and russian grads, i must say a lot of them are really horrible.

have u no shame?
Squidward

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ May 1 2012, 11:37 PM)
The ethics like I said. I only heard local medic grads b1tch about long hours and how scary the disease some patients are experiencing, and how they ponteng clinics while on the other hand, my friends overseas get placements and I get to hear interesting stories on how they diagnose patients and help patients cucuk one saluran from gugubird to bladder and help patients pee better(dunno what kind of treatment) then they feel glad after helping patients. perhaps my friends is not representive enough but yeah, I'd gladly consult a UK grad doctor than a local doctor if there's a choice. My kawan all graduated overseas one don't plan to come back Malaysia practice.
thats my belief to. UK/AUstralia grad only when visit hospital. maybe clinic i can settle with locals (hard to find UK grad near my home)
Balaclava

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

btw no such thing one UK let placement doctors do surgery all. confirm got the consultant fella < which is a pain in the ass my friends all said. this fella sure grind u kaw kaw humiliate you in class if you cannot answer questions posed.
lopo90
post May 1 2012, 11:40 PM

On my way
668 posts

Hype la this days. Media promoting health sciences like it is the best thing to do!!

danny_sp15

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 1 2012, 11:37 PM)
thats bcos local grads got advantage know all the crony tactics, makan suap, curi tulang, know how to avoid rules, loopholes and stuff. now i understand
kalau tak tau, tolong diam.
Squidward

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Yeyechan @ May 1 2012, 11:39 PM)

Hmmm... have u met the medical students in these 3 schools? I would say that they are quite decent though. But as for the ukraine and russian grads, i must say a lot of them are really horrible.
well i only settle for UK and Australia anyway.,..heard horror stories about russia so i guess about same as gomen doctors
Mr.Docter
post May 1 2012, 11:41 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

:popcorn:

arsenwagon

2,227 posts

lol........ . i witnessed b4...
i felt very sympathetic to the unker coz his bladder wanna pecah liao...
well guess 1st world country ethics > 3rd world. but sometimes 1st world things wont work in 3rd world

Balaclava

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 1 2012, 03:40 PM)
kalau tak tau, tolong diam.
go GH and see yourself the crap that comes out from the clinics.

Added on May 1, 2012, 11:42 pmtrue also la wagon, deswai most of my kawan all grad already all settle down overseas also. it's not that they are selling it high or anything, they don't trust the system lol

This post has been edited by Balaclava: May 1 2012, 11:42 PM
danny_sp15
post May 1 2012, 11:42 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ May 1 2012, 11:41 PM)
go GH and see yourself the crap that comes out from the clinics.
i work in gomen hospital for some time edi. i know how they are ok.
lopo90
post May 1 2012, 11:42 PM

On my way
668 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Docter @ May 1 2012, 11:41 PM)
You got nothing to say doc?
Balaclava
post May 1 2012, 11:43 PM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 1 2012, 03:42 PM)
i work in gomen hospital for some time edi. i know how they are ok.
then what do you think? smile.gif
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:43 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 1 2012, 11:41 PM)
lol........ . i witnessed b4...
i felt very sympathetic to the unker coz his bladder wanna pecah liao...
well guess 1st world country ethics > 3rd world. but sometimes 1st world things wont work in 3rd world
just need pakatan to take over...then we put the doctors into humility let them know who is world class, who is just local uni.

is local graduates learn from world class graduates ...not terbalik world class graduates have to learn all the sleazy and shortcut methods!
danny_sp15
post May 1 2012, 11:44 PM

==============
3,045 posts

that is just inserting a catheter, which even a nurse can do. u see overseas grad, insert catheter also so jakun edi. local grads have been inserting that shit since medical school.
SUSruffaz
post May 1 2012, 11:45 PM

yes I am a noob
1,066 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Docter @ May 1 2012, 11:41 PM)
komen abit lah. manaboleh makan popcorn aje. blush.gif
Blofeld
post May 1 2012, 11:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 1 2012, 11:38 PM)
the first thing is to recognise your fault...not go and claim u know better than overseas world class graduates...
Well, I'm not a graduate of the local public universities either.
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(yukkaikhan @ May 1 2012, 11:45 PM)
ever heard of JPA/MARA scholars who don't come back? Yes, my JPA application failed eventhough I had straight A's, happy?
Nope.
application failed? i rest my case your honor blush.gif
danny_sp15
post May 1 2012, 11:46 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ May 1 2012, 11:43 PM)
then what do you think? smile.gif
i just repeat my own quote:

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 1 2012, 11:35 PM)

Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:47 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ May 1 2012, 11:45 PM)
Well, I'm not a graduate of the local public universities either.
good...then wait for pakatan to take over...teach them the real system. not shortcut lazy malaysia system. im sure LGE + Anwar will finally make our hospitals true western class professionalism
fared isa

Getting Started
139 posts

Who the fark is Dr. Pagalavan?
I onli know Dr. Mahathir!

Btw Engineers FTW! rclxms.gif
joyformidable

Getting Started
283 posts

i c all grad same one, wherever they come from.. like engineers.. kinda unfair to judge like this one, since they are just beginning learning the ropes to the profession. they would prob develop later i guess..
Balaclava
post May 1 2012, 11:48 PM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 1 2012, 03:44 PM)
that is just inserting a catheter, which even a nurse can do. u see overseas grad, insert catheter also so jakun edi. local grads have been inserting that shit since medical school.
it's second year in med school - they call it placement. Since you want to play below the belt so badly, don't angry if I go all out on your local med crap. Obviously, you got sh1ts for brain and so butthurt with overseas med grads. you got schooled by them and now complaining online? btw, inserting catheter might be nurse job here but in the UK, doctors are responsible for their patients' treatment. Another reason why I lose faith in local grad doctors. everything also harap nurse do nurse do. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Balaclava: May 1 2012, 11:51 PM
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(joyformidable @ May 1 2012, 11:47 PM)
i c all grad same one, wherever they come from.. like engineers.. kinda unfair to judge like this one, since they are just beginning learning the ropes to the profession. they would prob develop later i guess..
u another one want to compare engineer from harvard vs engineer from world class UKM? im from MNC ok...want me tell some horror stories of our local uni?
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:49 PM

2,227 posts

lolol let the shit unfolddddd

let all the anger course thru ur veins guys

this means war.... just let it out.
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:50 PM

2,227 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 1 2012, 11:48 PM)
u another one want to compare engineer from harvard vs engineer from world class UKM? im from MNC ok...want me tell some horror stories of our local uni?
go on

*munching popcorn*
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 1 2012, 11:49 PM)
lolol let the shit unfolddddd

let all the anger course thru ur veins guys

this means war.... just let it out.
no need le...i think everyone in /k/ should know what happen when TS put UKM UM USM world class rank no1 above UK and Australia...really no need to argue more
satuross
post May 1 2012, 11:51 PM

Casual
365 posts

A better way to access students that are honest and have intergrity, is by putting the medical exams in jawi.

Automatically CBT, fraud = 0%
joyformidable
post May 1 2012, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

i;ve heard some but common man, shouldn't be all that different?? so in harvard they teach how to build invisible cloak issit?? they teach the same stuff. it's up to the student to go beyond biggrin.gif
danny_sp15
post May 1 2012, 11:53 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ May 1 2012, 11:48 PM)
it's second year in med school - they call it placement. Since you want to play below the belt so badly, don't angry if I go all out on your local med crap. Obviously, you got sh1ts for brain and so butthurt with overseas med grads. you got schooled by them and now complaining online? smile.gif
budak second year mmg excited benda2 macam tu. come on la, i've been through this shit.
i dont see a reason why i need to butthurt with overseas grad? overseas grad dont suffer as much. when specialist know u are local grad, then they expect u to perform better than overseas grad edi. u make simple mistake, kena belasah kaw2. overseas grad make mistake, specialist will be like "well, she's from russia.. maybe they didnt teach this over there. it's ok"
no matter where grad, they are all my colleagues, and despite the difference in clinical experience, they all got good working attitude, no matter where they grad from.
Blofeld

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 1 2012, 11:46 PM)

Yup, true. In the business corporate setting (I'm not from the medical field), no one really cares which uni u're from, instead your working attitude counts the most. And you'd be surprised to find out that sometimes local grads perform better than overseas grads.

arsenwagon

2,227 posts

ts, u quote from pagavalan , or is that ur own experience? or have u gone to sleep already or munching popcorn?
NasiLemakMan

oh hai! wan naslemak?
962 posts

QUOTE(Yeyechan @ May 1 2012, 11:39 PM)

what do you mean by safe?

Local Unis and also India catered their products to the local environment. True first world Unis Dr might be microscopic better knowledge wise but what they learnt, what they practice are more suitable or fit to western countries. People came from different culture, different diet, different environment and thus different diseases.

Programs brought by local and India Unis catered to the health and working ethics of the people in this region. As Darwin might've put produced Doctors FITTEST to the environment.

From my experiences, local or Indian Doctors are definitely better. They are more knowledgeable, knows a better approach to patient. Western grads came off as slightly arrogant and one Aussie actually tried to scam me by giving wrong diagnosis as so I would come again and again to his clinic for more meds. That is why having a second opinions are better.
Squidward
post May 1 2012, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(joyformidable @ May 1 2012, 11:52 PM)
i;ve heard some but common man, shouldn't be all that different?? so in harvard they teach how to build invisible cloak issit?? they teach the same stuff. it's up to the student to go beyond biggrin.gif
ok la since u still naive let this uncle tell u some stories....from computer line. our world class local uni...u ask them write simple program in Java also struggle! dont even let me go into deep technologies...

compare UK graduates..man those are gold nuggets. hard to find but if got sure we grab.
Balaclava

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 1 2012, 03:46 PM)
i just repeat my own quote:
QUOTE(yukkaikhan @ May 1 2012, 03:50 PM)
I'm just stating an opinion:
Wouldn't it be better if universities adopt the American medical school structure? As in having a bachelors degree before entering medical school and the MCATs (medical aptitude test)? That way you'll be almost certain that the medical schools have accepted at least decent quality students. Rather than having students get into medical school straight after pre-u without thinking it true and maturity
They are doing that with law as well - LNAT. But let's be frank to ourselves, local or overseas grad, end of the day you'll see the amount of people who pass the MCAT would properly be one-sided.
maxpudding

Getting Started
100 posts

Mana mr.docter? This thread is incomplete without him
arsenwagon
post May 1 2012, 11:56 PM

2,227 posts

QUOTE(maxpudding @ May 1 2012, 11:54 PM)
dia selsema, cikgu
Yeyechan
post May 1 2012, 11:57 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(joyformidable @ May 1 2012, 11:47 PM)
Doctors are not engineers who deals with stuffs.like machine and hence the reason why medicine needs 5 years of education... there's no time to learn everything again... life and death is just in a second... there's no "stop" or "resume" button for you to press ....
SUSSummerSunshine
post May 1 2012, 11:57 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

u all tok kok sing song.
danny_sp15
post May 1 2012, 11:58 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ May 1 2012, 11:48 PM)
it's second year in med school - they call it placement. Since you want to play below the belt so badly, don't angry if I go all out on your local med crap. Obviously, you got sh1ts for brain and so butthurt with overseas med grads. you got schooled by them and now complaining online? btw, inserting catheter might be nurse job here but in the UK, doctors are responsible for their patients' treatment. Another reason why I lose faith in local grad doctors. everything also harap nurse do nurse do.  smile.gif
catheter here doctor yang insert. i just mention that it's a simple procedure that nurse also can do. dont pusing2 my words please.
if everything also we need to do, then what are nurses for? just to make patient stim is it? if everything also doc need to do, will never finish seeing the patient. u think we can afford to work cincai2? u think if our management is wrong, no one will blame us or scream at us? u think the specialist and consultant all blind is it? do u know why every morning we shit our pants when we want to present to specialist? every single tiny mistake also they will korek, and we'll be blamed for everything even if it's not our fault. so we never do our job cincai2.
Squidward
post May 2 2012, 12:00 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

I see butthurt local world class universities still want to be defend better than western....hello? everything u study come from western medicine! think pls. cater to local? what u use local medicines and local therapies? invented by UKM? or isit UM?
joyformidable
post May 2 2012, 12:01 AM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 1 2012, 11:54 PM)
ok la since u still naive let this uncle tell u some stories....from computer line. our world class local uni...u ask them write simple program in Java also struggle! dont even let me go into deep technologies...

compare UK graduates..man those are gold nuggets. hard to find but if got sure we grab.
buahahahahahaha. funny thing, i've heard that about overseas student (australia) but not malaysian. T.T overseas also must got one la.. you just dont read about it me think. and, no man, since when local uni world class one. lol. my friend is a lecturer in one... believe me, it is far from it.
danny_sp15

==============
3,045 posts

anyway, i have respect for UM grads in terms of their theories. clinical skills wise, just same like other grads. but their theory is fuhh, macam walking dictionary. ask anything also sure they can answer, even rare disease also they can answer.
Balaclava

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 1 2012, 03:58 PM)
catheter here doctor yang insert. i just mention that it's a simple procedure that nurse also can do. dont pusing2 my words please.
if everything also we need to do, then what are nurses for? just to make patient stim is it? if everything also doc need to do, will never finish seeing the patient. u think we can afford to work cincai2? u think if our management is wrong, no one will blame us or scream at us? u think the specialist and consultant all blind is it? do u know why every morning we shit our pants when we want to present to specialist? every single tiny mistake also they will korek, and we'll be blamed for everything even if it's not our fault. so we never do our job cincai2.
That's why I want a UK doctor or atleast overseas. I'd be damn if I have a doctor like you who don't even give a sh1t about about me or atleast when I interact more with the nurse than the doctor himself. keep it up. come on la, don't say until you kena goreng goreng and all, you don't deserve it when you do a mistake?
joyformidable
post May 2 2012, 12:02 AM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(Yeyechan @ May 1 2012, 11:57 PM)
Doctors are not engineers who deals with stuffs.like machine and hence the reason why medicine needs 5 years of education... there's no time to learn everything again... life and death is just in a second... there's no "stop" or "resume" button for you to press ....
lol.. dude.. life and death just in a second lol?? sounds so dramatic la cry.gif
Yeyechan
post May 2 2012, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(NasiLemakMan @ May 1 2012, 11:53 PM)
what do you mean by safe?
Safe as in they are competent enough to take up medicine as a profession, omitting the bad apples la...

Not all doctors are excellent but we expect them to be "safe" though...

arsenwagon
post May 2 2012, 12:04 AM

2,227 posts

anymore? keep em coming, good to read u all punya constructive criticism and defence by danny.

btw, danny, the UK/aus grad not like walking dictinary meh
joyformidable
post May 2 2012, 12:04 AM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 12:01 AM)
anyway, i have respect for UM grads in terms of their theories. clinical skills wise, just same like other grads. but their theory is fuhh, macam walking dictionary. ask anything also sure they can answer, even rare disease also they can answer.
dictionary = keyword. a dictionary can't reason, can't relate rclxub.gif
joyformidable
post May 2 2012, 12:06 AM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ May 2 2012, 12:01 AM)
That's why I want a UK doctor or atleast overseas. I'd be damn if I have a doctor like you who don't even give a sh1t about about me or atleast when I interact more with the nurse than the doctor himself. keep it up. come on la, don't say until you kena goreng goreng and all, you don't deserve it when you do a mistake?
i doubt any doctor in msia gives a shit about you rather than the money they are making....
danny_sp15

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ May 2 2012, 12:01 AM)
ok la malas nak layan those who have no experience but still want to argue. so i give u win la.

anyway, those specialist and consultant at gomen hospital, who already like 50+ and 60+, with their skills they can easily go to private and earn almost 100K per month, but they choose to stay at gomen, and get a measly RM10K per month, just so that they can continue to serve people. do u know where they usually grad from? local uni.

im not saying that local grads are better than overseas or vice versa. im just saying that choosing ur doctor based on where he grad is stupiak.
Blofeld

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

By the way, I'm also from MNC. Although I'm not a graduate from a local public uni but after looking at the syllabus of our local uni (I need to do some comparisons), I'm more impressed with their syllabus after comparing with a syllabus from a foreign university from Australia. But of course that foreign university is just a mediocre university, it's no Harvard or Oxbridge.

As you said u're from MNC, I'm pretty sure u have been receiving lots of questionnaires from our local researchers. They always send it over from time to time many many many times.

Ask yourself how many times have you actually filled up those questionnaires? I have seen countless times those questionnaires threwn into dustbins. Now, you just want to simply blame others (who are making efforts to produce research papers) except yourself.

And do you know that research takes a bigger chunk of the ranking criteria compared to teaching quality in a university? You can always speak to those students in Harvard and ask them how 'good' their Professors are. No doubt, they are extremely good in research, but when comes to teaching.....you can just ask them yourself.

This post has been edited by Blofeld: May 2 2012, 12:08 AM
Squidward
post May 2 2012, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ May 2 2012, 12:06 AM)
By the way, I'm also from MNC. Although I'm not a graduate from a local public uni but after looking at the syllabus of our local uni (I need to do some comparisons), I'm more impressed with their syllabus after comparing with a syllabus from a foreign university. But of course that foreign university is just a mediocre university, it's no Harvard or Oxbridge.

As you said u're from MNC, I'm pretty sure u have been receiving lots of questionnaires from our local researchers. They always send it over from time to time many many many times.

Ask yourself how many times have you actually filled up those questionnaires? I have seen countless times those questionnaires threwn into dustbins. Now, you just want to simply blame others (who are making efforts to produce research papers) except yourself.

And do you know that research takes a bigger chunk of the ranking criteria compared to teaching quality in a university? You can always speak to those students in Harvard and ask them how 'good' their Professors are. No doubt, they are extremely good in research, but when comes to teaching.....you can just ask them yourself.
thats not my problem...change gomen first then we talk...u want quality...need more than just small small things. need complete overhaul
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 12:08 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(joyformidable @ May 2 2012, 12:04 AM)
dictionary = keyword. a dictionary can't reason, can't relate  rclxub.gif
u're taking it too literally. what i meant is that they're smart. kapish?
Balaclava
post May 2 2012, 12:08 AM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 1 2012, 04:04 PM)
anymore? keep em coming, good to read u all punya constructive criticism and defence by danny.

I love local nurses. I personally sent a thank you card to HUKM cancer ward the Tengku Ampuan something one. They have been very accommodating to my grandfather and caring when it comes to ward services especially the smile they come with prior to the demise of my grandfather. some even stay on and chat awhile after their shift is over.
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 12:09 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 2 2012, 12:04 AM)

UK/aus grad is good oso. but UM is perrgghhh... u can know if a doctor is from UM just by following the ward round and see how he answers the questions.
tupai
post May 2 2012, 12:12 AM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(beederbest @ May 1 2012, 11:29 PM)

basically those graduated from UK and Australia took a bit of time to adjust to the appalling, primitive, lack of proper equipment, lack of help from nurses and other staff. That's why a bit slow at first compared with local grads. Local grads already faced these problems daily during internship whereas UK and Aus grad never seen it overthere.

My wife faced these kind of discrimination daily from local grad doctors thinking they are superior than my wife who graduated from NZ. Just because they help deliver more babies etc.

But then if local grads are so superior why not much world class discovery come from these so called great local grads doctors?

-BTW, i'm local grad also cool2.gif
Squidward
post May 2 2012, 12:14 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(tupai @ May 2 2012, 12:12 AM)
basically those graduated from UK and Australia took a bit of time to adjust to the appalling, primitive, lack of proper equipment, lack of help from nurses and other staff. That's why a bit slow at first compared with local grads. Local grads already faced these problems daily during internship whereas UK and Aus grad never seen it overthere.

My wife faced these kind of discrimination daily from local grad doctors thinking they are superior than my wife who graduated from NZ. Just because they help deliver more babies etc.

But then if local grads are so superior why not much world class discovery come from these so called great local grads doctors?

-BTW, i'm local grad also  cool2.gif
agree 100%. no wait....UKM just released latest anti nyamuk drug from skin of palm tree.. commercialise soon under gomen grant RM2 mil under MLM sales method
Balaclava
post May 2 2012, 12:15 AM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 1 2012, 04:14 PM)
agree 100%. no wait....UKM just released latest anti nyamuk drug from skin of palm tree.. commercialise soon under gomen grant RM2 mil under MLM sales method
i read about that. LOL
NasiLemakMan
post May 2 2012, 12:20 AM

oh hai! wan naslemak?
962 posts

QUOTE(tupai @ May 2 2012, 12:12 AM)

-BTW, i'm local grad also  cool2.gif
Bro, you confused MD/MBBS qualification with PhD. Local grad don't know the difference?

This post has been edited by NasiLemakMan: May 2 2012, 12:21 AM
arsenwagon
post May 2 2012, 12:24 AM

2,227 posts

^local md/mbbs holders are expected to come up with great research and discovery .

beederbest
post May 2 2012, 12:25 AM

Enthusiast
765 posts

ngek ngek.... since many doctors / medical students or house officers here. if anyone need a new stethoscope I have one brand new unopened unused Litmann class II SE stetho. can pm me if interested. =)
beederbest
post May 2 2012, 12:27 AM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(NasiLemakMan @ May 2 2012, 12:20 AM)
Bro, you confused MD/MBBS qualification with PhD. Local grad don't know the difference?
thyphidot test.. hmm.gif
Yeyechan
post May 2 2012, 12:37 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(beederbest @ May 2 2012, 12:27 AM)
thyphidot test.. hmm.gif
? Thyphidot test what? You mean it's one of the invention from local grads????
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 12:43 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(Yeyechan @ May 2 2012, 12:37 AM)
invented in Malaysia. but dunno la who invent.
SUSslimey
post May 2 2012, 12:46 AM

6,914 posts

not surprising......those that study in malaysia got expose to the most common disease of the country, the usual questions by doctors, the communication with the patients, the common trade name of drugs used in the country, the methods of examination/protocol of the country..........
Faidzal
post May 2 2012, 12:49 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

i laugh at this statement.

harvard is not famous for their engineering degrees. business school, MBA or medical school, yes.

engineering? no.

if you said cal tech or stanford, then i'd agree.

btw i support comments from danny sp15, overseas grads has a handicap once they enter local health system due to different culture.

oh, and the prerequisite for all doctors in malaysia (local or foreign), is that they have to serve in govt. hospital for 2-3 years before they can leave.

so your so-called 'good' private doctors also started their working life in govt. hospitals too.....

right now your comments just show how out of touch you are with the real situation.

danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 12:55 AM

==============
3,045 posts

it's 4 years now. 4 farkin years!!!!

anyway, local grads will only have the advantage for a few months. after that the overseas grad will get used to the system as well. and then both overseas and local at same level. no one is superior to the other.
Yeyechan
post May 2 2012, 12:55 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 12:43 AM)
invented in Malaysia. but dunno la who invent.
Uhm.... actually it was invented by prof ong kok hai from imu and prof asma from usm... both were graduates from north america.... did beedeebest just slapped him or herself? Opps.
SUSslimey
post May 2 2012, 12:57 AM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 12:55 AM)
it's 4 years now. 4 farkin years!!!!

anyway, local grads will only have the advantage for a few months. after that the overseas grad will get used to the system as well. and then both overseas and local at same level. no one is superior to the other.
correct. when everyone follows the same protocol it will be about the same.

the skill that differentiate would be how observant the doctor is and the skill to ddx diseases
Mr.Docter
post May 2 2012, 12:58 AM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(maxpudding @ May 1 2012, 11:54 PM)
Penat lah today. all ppl holiday but still got to attend surgery at O&G sad.gif

Anyway like always, it hard to take /k/ seriously when most of the ppl here talk without actual experience. Talk is cheap, you can be anybody on Internet.
beederbest
post May 2 2012, 12:59 AM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(Yeyechan @ May 2 2012, 12:37 AM)
yea, invented in Msia by one of the Prof. in USM.
beederbest
post May 2 2012, 01:02 AM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(Yeyechan @ May 2 2012, 12:55 AM)
Uhm.... actually it was invented by prof ong kok hai from imu and prof asma from usm... both were graduates from north america.... did beedeebest just slapped him or herself? Opps.
ouchhh...it's painful sweat.gif
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:03 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ May 2 2012, 12:57 AM)
correct. when everyone follows the same protocol it will be about the same.

the skill that differentiate would be how observant the doctor is and the skill to ddx diseases
jangan la guna jargon bang. people here dun understand. tongue.gif

ddx = diagnose.
SUSslimey
post May 2 2012, 01:04 AM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:03 AM)
jangan la guna jargon bang. people here dun understand. tongue.gif

ddx = diagnose.
sorry boss........used to it liao.....

arsenwagon
post May 2 2012, 01:06 AM

2,227 posts

slimey studying in UK i presume?
SUSslimey
post May 2 2012, 01:08 AM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 2 2012, 01:06 AM)
slimey studying in UK i presume?
i am a charlatan laugh.gif
arsenwagon
post May 2 2012, 01:09 AM

2,227 posts

ok u r limeuu punya dupe.. i knew it
SUSslimey
post May 2 2012, 01:09 AM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 2 2012, 01:09 AM)
ok u r limeuu punya dupe.. i knew it
if i say i study in russia you believe? laugh.gif
anyway......no point wasting grey and white matter guessing.......you will never get the final answer

This post has been edited by slimey: May 2 2012, 01:10 AM
silkysilk
post May 2 2012, 01:12 AM

Getting Started
195 posts

doctors from scholarship > doctors paid by family sponsorship (in general)
arsenwagon
post May 2 2012, 01:13 AM

2,227 posts

i'd believe.

anyway i dont judge ppl based on where they study wan.

i kena criticize kao kao by squidward n bolacleaver but ayam still steady

cannot be too butthurt bout everything.
D-Frog
post May 2 2012, 01:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,983 posts

Interesting thread, too bad bio isn't taken up sad.gif
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:14 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(silkysilk @ May 2 2012, 01:12 AM)
doctors from scholarship > doctors paid by family sponsorship (in general)
doctors with scholarship every semester will change new phone or laptop, while docs sponsored by own family (if not rich) always have to eat meggi, and have barely enough to buy books. laugh.gif
me is second one.
SUSslimey
post May 2 2012, 01:16 AM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 2 2012, 01:13 AM)
i'd believe.

anyway i dont judge ppl based on where they study wan.

i kena criticize kao kao by squidward n bolacleaver but ayam still steady

cannot be too butthurt bout everything.
so you are the cautious type of people........which means you don't have many friends
amiright.jpeg
SUSslimey
post May 2 2012, 01:17 AM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:14 AM)
doctors with scholarship every semester will change new phone or laptop, while docs sponsored by own family (if not rich) always have to eat meggi, and have barely enough to buy books. laugh.gif
me is second one.
cost of books can be tax exemption-ed
and some people are very rich......i also jello

This post has been edited by slimey: May 2 2012, 01:17 AM
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:17 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ May 2 2012, 01:16 AM)
so you are the cautious type of people........which means you don't have many friends
amiright.jpeg
the fact that we are in /k/ itself already tells how many friends we actually have compared to those who are hanging out with their friends right now. lol.
SUSslimey
post May 2 2012, 01:18 AM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:17 AM)
the fact that we are in /k/ itself already tells how many friends we actually have compared to those who are hanging out with their friends right now. lol.
omg......collateral dmg
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:18 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ May 2 2012, 01:17 AM)
cost of books can be tax exemption-ed
and some people are very rich......i also jello
can save a bit la.. but still expensive la medical books. last2 beli tak baca pun, only depend on lecture notes and own understanding during lecture. the books are waaaaayyy to thick.
arsenwagon
post May 2 2012, 01:20 AM

2,227 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ May 2 2012, 01:16 AM)
amiright.jpeg
lol why u say i cautious? i say i belip what

if cautious shud ask u show proof wan.. lulz
SUSslimey

6,914 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:18 AM)
can save a bit la.. but still expensive la medical books. last2 beli tak baca pun, only depend on lecture notes and own understanding during lecture. the books are waaaaayyy to thick.
true......eh.....got pdf version of book. save $$$

SUSslimey

6,914 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 2 2012, 01:20 AM)
lol why u say i cautious? i say i belip what

if cautious shud ask u show proof wan.. lulz
just a guess lol
so fast go in defensive mode........
silkysilk
post May 2 2012, 01:22 AM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:14 AM)
me is second one.
Yeah true, furthermore it is hard to get the scholarship and it is limited.
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:22 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ May 2 2012, 01:20 AM)
true......eh.....got pdf version of book. save $$$
masa tu taktau. plus that time poorfag, dont have internet to download. plus pdf version hard to find latest version, all are like year 2000 like that. tongue.gif
arsenwagon
post May 2 2012, 01:23 AM

2,227 posts

lol so easy get only. if u in local uni sure jpa offer u wan

they shove the form in ur face u must say reject or accept

u dun even apply for the form, they come and say hey gaise come sign this .
Mr.Docter
post May 2 2012, 01:27 AM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

1 - Regarding local graduate (NOT ALL Universities) especially the one that OP listed above, I'd impressed and they gain my respect. I don't have a close friend that undergo Medical course on mentioned institute, but did met a few times during my attachment on annual holiday. Too bad I don't have chance (yet) to exchange our clinical skills since I did took a night shift and she and her colleague did a day shift. But in rough observation, one of the downside from them is they are quite rigid, more like our typical government doctor. I still don't have chance to meet with the one that seems enjoy studying medicine. Maybe one person manifestation is differ from other, idk.

2 - I personally don't have any experience with twinning programme students. But my dad's friend is a dean for one of the mentioned institute. Based on the sharing from his dad, I could believe that most of them are a good students, in term of knowledge.

3 - They as a student are mostly arrogant (especially male) but lack of clinical skill. Theory is quite good.

4 - Indonesia is worsen lately with their corruption in the examination result. Its a sad thing, really. Middle East is quite young to be judge with, there are only about 2-3 batches of graduate and most of them are having balance between skill and theory. But I personally don't think this positive reputation gonna last long, due to overflowing admission of new studies thanks to those irresponsible agents that popup like a mushroom.

5 - Agree with OP, the graduates from there are poor both in skill, theory and personality. Not everyone, obviously, but most of them.

My personal additional comments:
1 - Dr. Pagalavan is a good doctor and observer, but reading solely from his blog is insufficient for any of you to came out with your conclusion.
2 - Public are worrying about so call surplus of graduates. It is a valid reason to be worry, but don't just barking on the problem but government should start find a way to manipulate this reality.
4 - Where is your college located is not the absolute factor of how good you are once you graduated. It boil down to yourself, how discipline you are, how good is your EQ skill etc. A mark of a piece of paper won't bring any good if you are a bad person yourself.

I do hope that Medical Qualification Exam will be tighten from time to time for the sake of the service quality.
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:28 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(silkysilk @ May 2 2012, 01:22 AM)
Yeah true, furthermore it is hard to get the scholarship and it is limited.
before people start saying that scholarship only given to meleis, hear me first. im a melei. i got 11A in SPM. i didnt get the JPA scholarship.

i dun mind studying local actually.. but sometimes jelly see overseas student enjoying themselves there.. macam makan angin..
Mr.Docter
post May 2 2012, 01:31 AM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:28 AM)
before people start saying that scholarship only given to meleis, hear me first. im a melei. i got 11A in SPM. i didnt get the JPA scholarship.

i dun mind studying local actually.. but sometimes jelly see overseas student enjoying themselves there.. macam makan angin..
Blergh. Lost 2-3k per year just to meet with gf. wtf.

I jelly with local students sad.gif
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:32 AM

==============
3,045 posts

pagavalan is the typical doctor who thinks "in my time, i took care of 100 patients all by myself, so i expect u should be able to do the same."
the typical doctor who disregards any complaints from HO becos he thinks HOs nowadays are too pampered, too demanding, too manja, too much complaints, etc.
thus he is unable to understand our qualms and worries, becos he already has that sort of mindset.
PleaseEnterYourName
post May 2 2012, 01:33 AM

Casual
386 posts

semua kena troll dengan squidward yang tak dak kaitan dengan hospital or doctor etc etc.

i seen 1st hand how houseman doing their work.. since new improvements of working hours they are less stress and can learn more..

still a bit underpaid with their work rate. being bullied is another thing tho.. well.. nurses cant see girls who are too pretty lol.
fared isa
post May 2 2012, 01:34 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

8 pages already?
fark.

engineers FTW!
silkysilk
post May 2 2012, 01:35 AM

Getting Started
195 posts

i think it is very limited, a friend of mine (bumi) took mara Loan (almost 1 mil) to study in the uk.
Mr.Docter
post May 2 2012, 01:35 AM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:32 AM)
pagavalan is the typical doctor who thinks "in my time, i took care of 100 patients all by myself, so i expect u should be able to do the same."
the typical doctor who disregards any complaints from HO becos he thinks HOs nowadays are too pampered, too demanding, too manja, too much complaints, etc.
thus he is unable to understand our qualms and worries, becos he already has that sort of mindset.
lul bulleye. But I believe I am nobody to judge him.

In one perspective, he indeed a brilliant doctor.
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:36 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(PleaseEnterYourName @ May 2 2012, 01:33 AM)
semua kena troll dengan squidward yang tak dak kaitan dengan hospital or doctor etc etc.

i seen 1st hand how houseman doing their work.. since new improvements of working hours they are less stress and can learn more..

still a bit underpaid with their work rate. being bullied is another thing tho.. well.. nurses cant see girls who are too pretty lol.
but nurses sexier than docs mang.. they uniform is tight, not like doc's labcoat all labuh2 wan.. brows.gif

anyone knows nurse aimy in serdang? she 's really hot mang, but cannot find her fb la.. dunno if she got or not..
beederbest
post May 2 2012, 01:36 AM

Enthusiast
765 posts

11A (A1 and A2) or 11 A1?
just curious if it's 11A1 then u should have got it.

This post has been edited by beederbest: May 2 2012, 01:39 AM
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:37 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Docter @ May 2 2012, 01:35 AM)
lul bulleye. But I believe I am nobody to judge him.

In one perspective, he indeed a brilliant doctor.
he is a brilliant doctor, i admit. but he just cant see what we see.
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:39 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(beederbest @ May 2 2012, 01:36 AM)
11A (A1 and A2) or 11 A1?
campur2... hehehe. sweat.gif 8A1, 3A2. A2 in BM, Pendidikan Islam, and Bio. that shows what kind of person i am. sweat.gif
D-Frog
post May 2 2012, 01:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,983 posts

Doctors are all smart ? Rite?
Mr.Docter

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:37 AM)
he is a brilliant doctor, i admit. but he just cant see what we see.
That's why I mention that reader cannot came out with their own conclusion solely from his blog.

The way he disregard complaints from HO, it won't bring any good either.
Mr.Docter

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(D-Frog @ May 2 2012, 01:40 AM)
Nope.avi
beederbest
post May 2 2012, 01:41 AM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:39 AM)
campur2... hehehe. sweat.gif 8A1, 3A2. A2 in BM, Pendidikan Islam, and Bio. that shows what kind of person i am. sweat.gif
haha...siapa suruh kau sama dengan aku BM dapat A2..
my BM also A2 so I guess that's why i din get JPA too. 10A1, 2A2 (A2 in BM n B.Cina).
D-Frog
post May 2 2012, 01:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,983 posts

C doctor all straight a
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:44 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(D-Frog @ May 2 2012, 01:40 AM)
nope. that's where everybody's wrong. u dont have to be smart to be a doctor. u only need passion, and need to be hardworking. i smart (chewahh.. haha), but i dont like what im doing, and im fukken lazy, that's why i cant be a good doctor.
smart people need to do what they like, and not what people tell them to do. unfortunately, no matter how smart they are, sometimes they are not wise enough to realise that. so all their talents go to waste.
Mr.Docter
post May 2 2012, 01:44 AM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(D-Frog @ May 2 2012, 01:41 AM)
C doctor all straight a
Nope.gif
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:45 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(beederbest @ May 2 2012, 01:41 AM)
haha...siapa suruh kau sama dengan aku BM dapat A2..
my BM also A2 so I guess that's why i din get JPA too. 10A1, 2A2 (A2 in BM n B.Cina).
not fair la.. it's not like they're going to teach me medicine in BM in uk.. but well, what's past is past. no regrets. smile.gif
fared isa
post May 2 2012, 01:45 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

smart = engineers
intelligent = doctors
D-Frog
post May 2 2012, 01:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,983 posts

Doctors active at this time , lol
hexion
post May 2 2012, 01:47 AM

Casual
480 posts

hmmm, pity those who sandwiched the big books and need to translated them to foreign language for the exam at the end of the day back in their homeland will be disregard or look-down upon their cert just because they are no.5 in the list. not all no.5 are bad apples and because their parents were riched that they able to get in the no.5 in the first place.
Yeyechan
post May 2 2012, 02:07 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(hexion @ May 2 2012, 01:47 AM)
hmmm, pity those who sandwiched the big books and need to translated them to foreign language for the exam at the end of the day back in their homeland will be disregard or look-down upon their cert just because they are no.5 in the list. not all no.5 are bad apples and because their parents were riched that they able to get in the no.5 in the first place.
Hmmm... what to do?
They reap what they sow...
If they have made good names for themselves or tried hard to influence their rotten peers to behave like good doctors as well, people would have had better perceptions towards them.

This post has been edited by Yeyechan: May 2 2012, 02:10 AM
zamanjaafar
post May 2 2012, 02:10 AM

NOT DUPIN' SINCE '03
1,122 posts

Hey lets start a list of what doctors hate

I start

1. Demam sikit datang ED malam buta
2. Sakit otot datang ED malam buta
3. Dah ditriage masuk green lagi menyibuk tanya bila number nak panggil kat doktor dalam yellow
4. Cant speak bm, cant speak english.
5. People not working like us thinking they know what we should/should not do.

This post has been edited by zamanjaafar: May 2 2012, 02:11 AM
beederbest
post May 2 2012, 02:11 AM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(D-Frog @ May 2 2012, 01:47 AM)
Doctors active at this time , lol
problem ??? brows.gif
arsenwagon
post May 2 2012, 02:13 AM

2,227 posts

patient berak atas kerusi kena file

i saw b4, i LOL-ed
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 02:14 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(zamanjaafar @ May 2 2012, 02:10 AM)
Hey lets start a list of what doctors hate

I start

1.  Demam sikit datang ED malam buta
2.  Sakit otot datang ED malam buta
3.  Dah ditriage masuk green lagi menyibuk tanya bila number nak panggil kat doktor dalam yellow
4.  Cant speak bm, cant speak english.
5.  People not working like us thinking they know what we should/should not do.
yang aku tak tahan, sakit otot dah 2 minggu dah, tapi pukul 3 pagi jugak la kau nak datang dekat emergency. tapi nak buat camne, dah kerja doktor, layan je la.. aku kutuk2 belakang patient pun, aku friendly je dgn dorang.. pukul 3 pagi pun aku sembang elok je.. so biasenye patient suka aku even though bab management aku blur. hahaha. kalau sembang baik, mmg dorang akan ingat kau biasenye..
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 02:16 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 2 2012, 02:13 AM)
patient berak atas kerusi kena file

i saw b4, i LOL-ed
hahaha, can imagine. lawak jugak la. mesti nurse bengang, sebab dorang yang kena handle file tu. laugh.gif

im gonna miss the nurses at ED.. they're really nice to me. kadang2 a bit manja too.. hahaha. wub.gif
arsenwagon
post May 2 2012, 02:25 AM

2,227 posts

hahaha i saw the doc n nurse was like "sighhh...wanna rage but duno who to rage so nvm" kinda expression. how they manja? kasi cerita sikit... inb4 thread derailed

This post has been edited by arsenwagon: May 2 2012, 02:26 AM
zamanjaafar
post May 2 2012, 02:28 AM

NOT DUPIN' SINCE '03
1,122 posts

Manja ah? Kat tempat aku malas adalah.

Aku x pernah dengar orang komplen nurse, orang komplen doktor ramaila
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 02:29 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ May 2 2012, 02:25 AM)
hahaha i saw the doc n nurse was like "sighhh...wanna rage but duno who to rage so nvm" kinda expression. how they manja? kasi cerita sikit... inb4 thread  derailed
i know they main2 only, but sometimes best jugak.. they always like to call me manja2 style.. "Dr Daniaaaaaalllll....... tolong sign borang consent ni kejap."
i straight away sign liao. hahaha. most nurses here are from east coast, so all putih2 comel2. hahaha.
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 02:31 AM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(zamanjaafar @ May 2 2012, 02:28 AM)
Manja ah?  Kat tempat aku malas adalah.

Aku x pernah dengar orang komplen nurse, orang komplen doktor ramaila
mungkin manja dgn aku je kot. hahahah. laugh.gif
nurses ni sometimes malas.. tapi kalau baik dgn dorang, dorang selalu je tolong.. kadang2 nurse suke suruh aku buat something, walaupun bukan tugas aku, tapi aku buat je.. so nanti bila nak mintak tolong dorang pun senang.
hariz.zaki2
post May 2 2012, 05:05 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

MANA PHARMACIST???
happy_berry
post May 2 2012, 05:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,465 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 01:44 AM)
nope. that's where everybody's wrong. u dont have to be smart to be a doctor. u only need passion, and need to be hardworking. i smart (chewahh.. haha), but i dont like what im doing, and im fukken lazy, that's why i cant be a good doctor.
smart people need to do what they like, and not what people tell them to do. unfortunately, no matter how smart they are, sometimes they are not wise enough to realise that. so all their talents go to waste.
sad.gif reminds me of someone close...
jAkUn
post May 2 2012, 06:41 AM

Casual
326 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 2 2012, 12:16 AM)
do u even know how low class our local lecturers are? i doubt they can even be phd student in a proper world rank university
kadang2 aku kesian dengan si sotong ni. terlampau delusional..
inb4, mintak duit petronas beli lecturer MIT.
goco17
post May 2 2012, 09:30 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(Squidward @ May 1 2012, 11:11 PM)

tak nak...dia orang tipu nowadays....censor manyak
Lakk55
post May 2 2012, 09:36 AM

9 posts

what about medical grads from India - why no mention ???
tupai
post May 2 2012, 12:03 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(NasiLemakMan @ May 2 2012, 12:20 AM)
Bro, I don't confused anything. My wife is a med doctor graduated from NZ. as in new discovery, I am tAlking abount medical discovery. Ever heard much from Malaysia universities on new medical finding? not much right.

To get new discovery in medical field don't really need PhD. In fact, in any field also new discovery is not really related to PhD.

So the question is why all these local grad doctors so poyo look down at foreign grads. Even if the foreign grad from UK, aus n NZ?

My wife mentioned many local grads who can spew all theories. But when dealing with emergencies, blood all over, run away or make mistakes. Only when have time to reflect then came out with all theories. any body given enough times can spew out theories. brows.gif
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 12:07 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(tupai @ May 2 2012, 12:03 PM)
Bro, I don't confused anything. My wife is a med doctor graduated from NZ. as in new discovery, I am tAlking abount medical discovery. Ever heard much from Malaysia universities on new medical finding? not much right.

To get new discovery in medical field don't really need PhD. In fact, in any field also new discovery is not really related to PhD.

So the question is why all these local grad doctors so poyo look down at foreign grads. Even if the foreign grad from UK, aus n NZ?

My wife mentioned many local grads who can spew all theories. But when dealing with emergencies, blood all over, run away or make mistakes. Only when have time to reflect then came out with all theories. any body given enough times can spew out theories.  brows.gif
dunno which crappy hospital ur wife is working at, but at my place, we dont look down at foreign grads. MOs and specialist tend to do that, but not houseman. we are all the same.
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 12:10 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(jAkUn @ May 2 2012, 06:41 AM)
kadang2 aku kesian dengan si sotong ni. terlampau delusional..
inb4, mintak duit petronas beli lecturer MIT.
he already have the typical mindset that overseas grad > local grads, and private hosp > gomen hosp. cannot help liao.
anyway, it's not like he can choose his docs or anything.
tupai
post May 2 2012, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ May 2 2012, 12:07 PM)
dunno which crappy hospital ur wife is working at, but at my place, we dont look down at foreign grads. MOs and specialist tend to do that, but not houseman. we are all the same.
now serdang hospital. Of course masa dia houseman dulu among HO ok je. Just some MO (local grads MO) look down on her may be coz jelly. haha. Now she's doing her Master and trying very much to be patient to HO. sweat.gif

funny thing, she's in ED so when there are patient come to ED with complication due to pregnancies.. these doc from O&G so many lansi looked down on ED docs. Just becoz every day they see pregnant ppl doesn't mean that all docs no everything about pregnancies. You know la ED got so many ppl coming in with all kind of probs.

This post has been edited by tupai: May 2 2012, 12:27 PM
danny_sp15
post May 2 2012, 01:00 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(tupai @ May 2 2012, 12:24 PM)
now serdang hospital. Of course masa dia houseman dulu among HO ok je. Just some MO (local grads MO) look down on her may be coz jelly. haha. Now she's doing her Master and trying very much to be patient to HO.  sweat.gif

funny thing, she's in ED so when there are patient come to ED with complication due to pregnancies.. these doc from O&G so many lansi looked down on ED docs. Just becoz every day they see pregnant ppl doesn't mean that all docs no everything about pregnancies. You know la ED got so many ppl coming in with all kind of probs.
lol, me oso serdang.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0401sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:10 AM