Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Beta Alliance of Valiant Arms[PlayFPS<AsiaSoft]Malaysia, NEW Weapons 4th April! Zombie Fiesta

views

TSDarthVader71
post Oct 16 2011, 08:06 PM, updated 12y ago

44 posts

user posted image

Alliance of Valiant Arms has come to South East Asia ! -Malaysia,Singapore,Thailand,Indonesia,Vietnam-
QUOTE(ava.wikia.com)
A.V.A is an online military FPS game where a fierce battle unravels between two factions: the European Union (EU) and the Neo Russian Federation (NRF). This modern online warfare with its magnificent sound system, intensely vivid graphics, unexpected turn of events, high-explosive bombings and tumultuous attacks, intricate and realistic movements of characters pulls gamers into the virtual world transforming their surroundings, making them feel as if they are standing right in the middle of a war zone, looking up to the sky where bullets are raining overhead.

Latest News

Updated as of 3rd April 2012

New-Old Guns Will be in Shop by 4th April after Update:
Mad Galil Capsule and SG550 in the weaponry shop.

Free Thai New Year Grenade Songkran begins Thursday, 12-15 April 2012
THAI ID Only
7th to 8th April , 3pm to 7pm
http://www.playfps.com/th/ViewContent.aspx?id=1216

user posted image

For Direct News, Just Check Their Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PlayFPSEA?sk=wall

Info

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Media

How To Get Started

www.playfps.com
If you would like to add to this page, please pm me. Thank you.

Added on October 16, 2011, 8:06 pm
Strategy

Tips & Tricks

Reviews
Weapon Video Review by MaelstormFPS http://www.youtube.com/user/MaelstormFPS
Free Virtual TehOAisLimau, courtesy of friendly blog http://blogseorangpengganas.blogspot.com/
Sniper + Weapon Ratings http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2072571# http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2072571/+20# by Valerius
Weapon Penetration Rate http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2072571/+20# by trainer 771

The Gamer Code
1) Mutual Respect for all
2) No Hacking or Cheating
3) No Swearing, Profanities or Flaming
4) Respect Government Laws
5) Know when to take a Break (Rest your eyes at least 5 minutes after an hour of gameplay)
6) Maintain Body Hygiene
7) Balance Physical & Virtual Lifestyle
8) No Piracy - Go Original
9) Encourage Healthy Gaming
10) Maintain the Codes at all times
Remember to always have fun but not at the expense of others.
Let's Go Pro
Healthy Gaming by DaddyJay (SG)
http://www.asiasoftsea.com/healthy_gaming/

Purchase @Cash GameCard for InGame Bonuses
Recommended Online Gaming Store: ESeong , Official Digital Games
http://www.es-cdkey.com
Cash on Delivery Locations: http://www.asiasoftsea.com/acash/retailers/Malaysia/Selangor

Lowyat Forum Player List
If you want your IG name to be here, simply post a reply. (IG Name - Forum ID)

Friendly Clan Player List
If you are new and want some silly people to play with, try to contact Supern0va. This clan is merely a social standing group, no requirements except you have good spirit and no fowl language. We follow the Gamer Code shown above. Seeya!

Recommended Free Softwares & Tweak

Updated as @10 Dec 2011
Client Technical Help

Please post here if you have questions or if you need help. Have a nice day!

This post has been edited by DarthVader71: Apr 3 2012, 05:22 PM
airGEAR999
post Oct 16 2011, 09:08 PM

2 posts

Great ! biggrin.gif oh and Darth so if they are releasing MY/SG server it will be like adding one server to the game right ? like iiji we can choose usa or europe
andrewtho
post Oct 16 2011, 09:12 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

Hooray! New thread!
TSDarthVader71
post Oct 16 2011, 10:14 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(airGEAR999 @ Oct 16 2011, 09:08 PM)
Great ! biggrin.gif oh and Darth so if they are releasing MY/SG server it will be like adding one server to the game right ? like iiji we can choose usa or europe
Not exactly, but you will be able to access these 3 servers Thai, Malaysia/Sg and Indonesia ingame, but CBT hasn't started yet.

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Oct 16 2011, 09:12 PM)
Hooray! New thread!
Aha, I hope you like it smile.gif I just fixed the videos, a couple more days I'll add some tips and tricks.

This post has been edited by DarthVader71: Oct 16 2011, 11:52 PM
airGEAR999
post Oct 17 2011, 12:30 AM

2 posts

Thanks

Oh Darth what gun should i get ? I only have Fr-f2 for sniping or should i save for new release of guns

This post has been edited by airGEAR999: Oct 17 2011, 02:26 AM
Forester
post Oct 17 2011, 03:13 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(airGEAR999 @ Oct 17 2011, 12:30 AM)
Thanks

Oh Darth what gun should i get ? I only have Fr-f2 for sniping or should i save for new release of guns
PM: MP7 (Best PM gun). Verserk and Kriss is second best or you can go for AKS74U.

RM: M4mk3 (Most reliable rifle man and most used in clan war, easy gun). SG556 is quite good (Crouch+Tap/Burst is basically laser but your moveshot is not as good as when you crouch), better damaged than M4mk3 but M4 is more reliable and m4 ROF makes up for its low damage. FN2000 is noob friendly gun, lots of Thais using it at the moment. HK416 is something similar to m4 but its crosshair bloom is much bigger but still accurate.

Fun RM guns: M14ebr (If you learn to control its recoil and aim headshot, the payoff is huge). SA58para (Not out yet but it is much much better than M14ebr, really high damage and high recoil, is used in Iesf tournament.) Both of these guns can wallbang. G36 is fun and good but you need to head over to IJJI forums to use the Korean mod guide (Beware, you may not like this gun, in IJJI few love it, most hate it).

Sniper: If you're bored of Fr-f2, get TPG (Tag lesser than the rest of the snipers gun). AWM is quite fun but tags alot.

For all new players out there, when you want to buy a gun, choose wisely. And I quote from a clanmate "AVA guns resale value is worse than nokia phones."

Can't wait for them to release this beast:

This post has been edited by Forester: Oct 17 2011, 03:39 AM
airGEAR999
post Oct 17 2011, 11:28 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(Forester @ Oct 17 2011, 03:13 AM)
PM: MP7 (Best PM gun). Verserk and Kriss is second best or you can go for AKS74U.

RM: M4mk3 (Most reliable rifle man and most used in clan war, easy gun). SG556 is quite good (Crouch+Tap/Burst is basically laser but your moveshot is not as good as when you crouch), better damaged than M4mk3 but M4 is more reliable and m4 ROF makes up for its low damage. FN2000 is noob friendly gun, lots of Thais using it at the moment. HK416 is something similar to m4 but its crosshair bloom is much bigger but still accurate.

Fun RM guns: M14ebr (If you learn to control its recoil and aim headshot, the payoff is huge). SA58para (Not out yet but it is much much better than M14ebr, really high damage and high recoil, is used in Iesf tournament.) Both of these guns can wallbang. G36 is fun and good but you need to head over to IJJI forums to use the Korean mod guide (Beware, you may not like this gun, in IJJI few love it, most hate it).

Sniper: If you're bored of Fr-f2, get TPG (Tag lesser than the rest of the snipers gun). AWM is quite fun but tags alot.

For all new players out there, when you want to buy a gun, choose wisely. And I quote from a clanmate "AVA guns resale value is worse than nokia phones."

Thanks !!!
Valerius
post Oct 17 2011, 12:22 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(Forester @ Oct 17 2011, 03:13 AM)

As for my preference,
PM: Verserk because can wallbang and the DPS is higher than MP7. MP7 and Kriss are usually the players choice because of the slight recoil and smaller bloom. 3 guns are recommendable, it's up to you. As for shotgun, I prefer using Saiga-12 or Benelli.

RM: I'm using M14EBR for now since Para or Sako is not out yet in A.V.A SEA. I prefer 1 shot kill RM gun. M14EBR has the highest bloom rate after Para, and not to mention the recoil, but once you are used to it, they kill mercilessly! All RM guns can wallbang to certain extent. M4MK3 is usually used by many players including pros because you wouldn't go wrong with the gun because low recoil, small bloom and easy to headshot but with lower dmg than Para, M14EBR etc.

Sniper: Tag rate of snipers are according to this ascending order: TPG1,PGM.338<FR-F2<DSR1,AWM<SV98
Just a few till I have time to write a tl;dr guide on weapons. TPG1 is a wait and kill weapon, suitable for camping. DSR1 is for CQC, it's like now you see me, now you are dead gun. DSR1 doesn't need to shift+shoot, it has quite good moveshot too. FRF2 can also be used in CQC but you must learn how to breakshot, dragshot and etc. Not to mention the 10 ammo upgrade helps in tight situations when you are ganged by more than 4 players.
Huntsman
post Oct 17 2011, 05:51 PM

37 posts

whoa! ava coming to malaysia already? cant wait! downloading now. very pissed bsc of the high ping at ijji version. IGN at ijji AVA is EagleTalon, will be using the same name in SEA i think.. cya in game!
airGEAR999
post Oct 17 2011, 07:58 PM

2 posts

Add me biggrin.gif
TSDarthVader71
post Oct 17 2011, 07:58 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(airGEAR999 @ Oct 17 2011, 12:30 AM)
Thanks
Hey there,

Do you know there are about 60 weapons in Ava ? Therefore, many more which aren't released will be. And there will be "Capsule Guns"; specially modified weapons with cool paint. These are rare guns that you need to purchase via capsules, that means by chances, you can use premium cash but still through capsules. So, I'm saving my euros. They are hard to earn, don't waste it. It's not a bad idea to save a bundle of cash just for capsule guns so your chances increases. Common capsule price is 3000 euros.

I actually have more than 1 account, not to hack/farm(there's no possible way) but I use it to test the weapons. Since with the 100k, I use my other accounts to test the weapons before actually buying them on my main.
Why did you buy the FrF2 gun ? Doesn't it look a little .. ugly ? haha, well its personally my favourite gun. Good choice wink.gif I'm prefer 1 shot kill weapons. I use snipers 70% of the time.. So I've found a 1 shot kill pointman, which is shotgun, Saiga12. Other shotguns are remington, Spaz12

QUOTE(Huntsman @ Oct 17 2011, 05:51 PM)
whoa! ava coming to malaysia already? cant wait! downloading now. very pissed bsc of the high ping at ijji version. IGN at ijji AVA is EagleTalon, will be using the same name in SEA i think.. cya in game!
Helo, welcome in.
Majority Asian players are better than EU and north america. (No offence, but that's what I see after playing Ijji and asia. Anyway the best popular clan is Korean, Astrick. 1st of iesf that happened recently). Hope you enjoy yourself.
airGEAR999
post Oct 17 2011, 08:08 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(DarthVader71 @ Oct 17 2011, 07:58 PM)
Hey there,

Do you know there are about 60 weapons in Ava ? Therefore, many more which aren't released will be. And there will be "Capsule Guns"; specially modified weapons with cool paint. These are rare guns that you need to purchase via capsules, that means by chances, you can use premium cash but still through capsules. So, I'm saving my euros. They are hard to earn, don't waste it. It's not a bad idea to save a bundle of cash just for capsule guns so your chances increases. Common capsule price is 3000 euros.

I actually have more than 1 account, not to hack/farm(there's no possible way) but I use it to test the weapons. Since with the 100k, I use my other accounts to test the weapons before actually buying them on my main.
Why did you buy the FrF2 gun ? Doesn't it look a little .. ugly ? haha, well its personally my favourite gun. Good choice wink.gif I'm prefer 1 shot kill weapons. I use snipers 70% of the time.. So I've found a 1 shot kill pointman, which is shotgun, Saiga12. Other shotguns are remington, Spaz12
Helo, welcome in.
Majority Asian players are better than EU and north america. (No offence, but that's what I see after playing Ijji and asia. Anyway the best popular clan is Korean, Astrick. 1st of iesf that happened recently). Hope you enjoy yourself.
Oh is Saiga hard to control / use ?
Huntsman
post Oct 17 2011, 08:29 PM

37 posts

@DarthVader71
yea.. american players just likes to QQ whenever they get beaten by others. the only reason US got 1st in iesf last year is bsc the other countries arent allowed to use guns they usually use in serious gaming(e.g. para, veresk, mp7) and had to resort to using m4a1 which they are unfamiliar with.

downloading is slow even with a 1mbps line..

@airGEAR999
saiga is a shotgun with ridiculous range. it can 1hko at short-medium range. the recoil is somewhat little compared to other shotguns but it only have 6 shots per magazine. the cool thing is the reload is fast since you use magazine instead of loading each shells individually. overall, its the best shotgun in ava, only rivaled by the spas-15

but personally, i prefer veresk xD
Valerius
post Oct 17 2011, 08:46 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(Huntsman @ Oct 17 2011, 08:29 PM)
@DarthVader71
yea.. american players just likes to QQ whenever they get beaten by others. the only reason US got 1st in iesf last year is bsc the other countries arent allowed to use guns they usually use in serious gaming(e.g. para, veresk, mp7) and had to resort to using m4a1 which they are unfamiliar with.

downloading is slow even with a 1mbps line..

@airGEAR999
saiga is a shotgun with ridiculous range. it can 1hko at short-medium range. the recoil is somewhat little compared to other shotguns but it only have 6 shots per magazine. the cool thing is the reload is fast since you use magazine instead of loading each shells individually. overall, its the best shotgun in ava, only rivaled by the spas-15

but personally, i prefer veresk xD
You sure the info you got is correct? Based on the videos I had between Defkon VS Astrick in last year IeSF, both team used a variety of guns other than M4A1, some were using Sako though. Not to deny in every IeSF there are a few guns that had to be banned because of they are OP plus MMOFPS is a game that test on skills, not weapons. Therefore I don't see weapons as the reason why Astrick lost to Defkon. But I agree American loves to QQ players when they are beaten by others. LOL Some QQ Asian players because of their ping/lag or death more than kills.
airGEAR999
post Oct 17 2011, 09:02 PM

2 posts

i tested veresk on another account but i was so sucked at it >.>
Huntsman
post Oct 17 2011, 09:08 PM

37 posts

yes, there were other guns but the main rifleman gun in that match is the m4a1. most of astrick members are used to using para and other guns which wasnt released in UAVA at the time. so to make things fair for the americans, the guns which are not released in UAVA is banned. to have them suddenly use weapons they are not familiar with on a major competition is although not the main factor, it is a contributing factor to astrick's lost.

now lets see the americans play on ava sea with them lagging and let them experience the difficulty of playing with 260 ping since they kept QQ-ing bout us having an unfair advantage while lagging on their game.

@airGEAR999
lol.. veresk has substantial recoil but it makes it up with awesome cqc performance. if you really cant manage it, try the mp7. they both have almost the same rof. though mp7 has lower damage, it has more penentration power than the veresk which makes both guns almost equal. the main difference between the both is the recoil and ammo count. mp7 has no recoil and 40 ammo per clip

This post has been edited by Huntsman: Oct 17 2011, 09:13 PM
airGEAR999
post Oct 17 2011, 09:16 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Huntsman @ Oct 17 2011, 09:08 PM)
yes, there were other guns but the main rifleman gun in that match is the m4a1. most of astrick members are used to using para and other guns which wasnt released in UAVA at the time. so to make things fair for the americans, the guns which are not released in UAVA is banned. to have them suddenly use weapons they are not familiar with on a major competition is although not the main factor, it is a contributing factor to astrick's lost.

now lets see the americans play on ava sea with them lagging and let them experience the difficulty of playing with 260 ping since they kept QQ-ing bout us having an unfair advantage while lagging on their game.

@airGEAR999
lol.. veresk has substantial recoil but it makes it up with awesome cqc performance. if you really cant manage it, try the mp7. they both have almost the same rof. though mp7 has lower damage, it has more penentration power than the veresk which makes both guns almost equal. the main difference between the both is the recoil and ammo count. mp7 has no recoil and 40 ammo per clip
Yeaa thanks man ..oh and how do ppl buy so many guns ? Just by earning euros from prison break , medals and from supply? >.> any other ways to earn euros ?
Valerius
post Oct 17 2011, 11:36 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(Huntsman @ Oct 17 2011, 09:08 PM)

@airGEAR999
No offense but you should watch the whole IeSF 2010 final match. Some of the players were using Sako which is a RM gun. Plus I just read the IeSF 2010 rules, there were no guns banning or limitations. IMO the players used M4A1 because of their low recoil and small bloom so that they wouldn't make any careless mistakes during the tournament, as slight adjustment of crosshair will cost you a kill and you just wouldn't go wrong with M4A1 in a pro player's hand. FYI too, Para was introduced into UAVA in year 2010 if I'm not mistaken.

But sometimes you couldn't blame the Americans too because everyone wants to compete in a fair playing field. Nobody wants to play in a laggy game. Plus lag is our best friend and worst enemy, it helps us to score a kill and be killed by other players due to slow server reaction.

This post has been edited by Valerius: Oct 18 2011, 01:02 AM
Forester
post Oct 18 2011, 02:37 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Valerius @ Oct 17 2011, 11:36 PM)
No offense but you should watch the whole IeSF 2010 final match. Some of the players were using Sako which is a RM gun. Plus I just read the IeSF 2010 rules, there were no guns banning or limitations. Plus I just read the IeSF 2010 rules, there were no guns banning or limitations. IMO the players used M4A1 because of their low recoil and small bloom so that they wouldn't make any careless mistakes during the tournament IMO the players used M4A1 because of their low recoil and small bloom so that they wouldn't make any careless mistakes during the tournament, as slight adjustment of crosshair will cost you a kill and you just wouldn't go wrong with M4A1 in a pro player's hand. FYI too, Para was introduced into UAVA in year 2010 if I'm not mistaken.

But sometimes you couldn't blame the Americans too because everyone wants to compete in a fair playing field. Nobody wants to play in a laggy game. Plus lag is our best friend and worst enemy, it helps us to score a kill and be killed by other players due to slow server reaction.
Pretty sure para wasn't allowed in 2010, if it was allowed, both Defkon and Astrick would use it.
Valerius
post Oct 18 2011, 02:55 AM

18 posts

Sniper, The Fearsome Marksman

Most of us are familiar with snipers in all FPS games, they are annoying because they can one-shot per kill from afar without confronting the enemy, a kill-stealer, a life-saver for teammates in tight situations and stealthy son of a * =P
For those that just immersed in the world of MMOFPS, there are few prerequisite skills to learn to become an excellent sniper. Let me explain briefly for each of them.

Moveshot: A normal moving shot, in another words mean walking while shooting.
Jumpshot: Hiding behind a barrier and suddenly jumps to shoot your enemy.
Breakshot: While running and suddenly an enemy appears in front of you, quickly press A and D keys simultaneously or Shift key to stop abruptly and shoot the enemy.
Crouchshot: Shoot while crouching down.
Dragshot: For example your crosshair is in the lower left corner, and then an enemy suddenly popped up in the upper right corner, you drag or move your cursor to the enemy in one swift gesture to kill him.
Quick-switch: Once you have fired your shot, you press Q in succession to change back into your sniper to reset the scope or pistol to shoot the incoming enemy.
No-Scoped Shot: Shooting without using the scope

Now it’s the time for simple gun reviews and mod recommendations. *These are the recommendations based on my experience in playing the game since closed beta in year 2009 in UAVA and some other inputs from other veteran/pro players in UAVA. I understand each player has their own preference or opinions, but these basic guides are mainly to help and shed some light for those who are new to this game. Constructive criticisms or discussions are welcomed to improve our play styles.*

TPG-1, The Holy Grail of Sniper
Pros: Very high damage, one-shot per kill frequently, high accuracy, highest range, very low tag rate (even if you hit the limbs in some cases), suitable for camping
Cons: Slower mobility due to the gun’s weight, need to press Shift while shooting, very low stability, extremely poor moveshot, poor jumpshot, slightly slow scoping speed
Common Popular Mod: .338 Lapua Barrel and High Percentage Scope = Maximises damage and more magnification in scoping
Poor’s Man Mod: .338 Lapua Barrel = It’s the same as common popular mod but without the High Percentage Scope
Bulleyes Mod: High Percentage Scope, .338 Lapua Barrel, Accuracy Trigger, Human Engineered Grip, Shock Absorber = Highest accuracy but not much difference between Common Popular Mod and Poor’s Man Mod

FR-F2, The Younger Brother of TPG-1
Pros: High damage, one-shot per kill frequently (FR-F2<TPG-1), tag rate is slightly higher (TPG-1<FR-F2), slightly higher stability, light weight, fast scoping speed, suitable for CQC
Cons: Need to press Shift while shooting, poor moveshot, poor jumpshot
Everyone Favourite’s Mod: Long Ranged Barrel, Exchangeable Ammo Type = Increases your range to increase your chance of one-shot per kill in longer ranges, 10 ammo at your disposal when you are in a tight situation while facing numerous enemies, less reload
Too Poor Mod: No mod at all, can one-shot per kill effectively too at the range of 60-70M
Standard Mod: Long Ranged Barrel = Increases the range to kill in longer ranges, who needs extra ammo?
*For all 3 mods, I didn’t include the scope options because it’s up to each player preference.*
Quick Scope = Suitable for CQC for its one-step fast scope speed
Sharpshooter Scope = It’s the same as default scope in FR-F2 and you don’t need to quickswitch each time you shoot, auto reset the scope

DSR-1, Better Than AWM
Pros: High damage, one-shot per kill frequently (DSR-1<FR-F2<TPG-1), slightly higher tag rate (TPG-1<FR-F2<DSR-1), excellent moveshot, doesn’t need to press Shift while shooting, good jumpshot, light weight, owned in CQC if you rush a lot, fast scoping speed
Cons: Tags considerably if you hit the limbs, 89 accuracy after you mod
Only 1 mod for this weapon, just use Long Ranged Barrel. Don’t use Reinforced Barrel because it increases your tag rate. Yeah, the +3 damage is a bluff based on majority of UAVA players and my experience. Other than that, the grips and stocks do nothing but if you have extra Euro to spend, it’s up to you to add them. As for the scopes, Quick Scope noticeably improves the speed for first-step scoping and Sharpshooter Scope increases the magnification plus slight faster speed from the default ones. It's up to you which scope suits you best.

Credits: Valerius

This post has been edited by Valerius: Oct 18 2011, 11:08 PM

28 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:27 PM