Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Investment (Local and International), Everything About Investment

views

pidah
post Oct 10 2006, 06:02 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(hamster9 @ Oct 9 2006, 07:43 PM)
I tot switching funds there's charges and not really that worth it?

Yes, I am interested in the promotional period but I'm not around Malaysia� sweat.gif
QUOTE(leekk8 @ Oct 9 2006, 08:39 PM)
Some of the fund apply switching fee, but some don't. If not mistaken, public mutual has no switching fee, pidah please correct me if I'm wrong. However, you only can switch among the funds that have similar service charge, else, you need to pay the extra service charge.

Pidah, about the global fund of Public Mutual, does this fund invest directly into foreign stock market or invest to foreign funds?
1. Switching - yup we do have switching fees at Public Mutual. Normally we charge RM25 at NAV price. Switching fund is worth it lohh, the mechanism is like this;
when the Composite Index going higher, the Fund Manager will switch the Equity fund to Bond fund/Money Market Fund (Fixed Deposit) where as here you will gain more RM. But when the KLCI going down, the FM will switch back the fund frm Bond Fund to Equity Fund. (here u gain more units). As i mention before, source of U.Trust - Rise of Unit Price (Capital appreciation).

2. At Public Mutual u can move/switch you investments between various funds in response to changing financial goals or market conditions.

3. As for the Public Global Select Fund (PGSF), the fund will invest in blue chips stock, index stocks and growth stocks listed on selected global markets. THe fund may also invest in fixed income securities such as sovereign bonds, corporate debt and money market instruments to help generate returns. (source: prospectus PGSF)

4. hamster9 - too bad uhh.. well may i know when u'll be back here? btw gimme a
call or text me on 019-2088600 or else just PM me here when u're ready to invest with Public Mutual.

pidah

This post has been edited by pidah: Oct 10 2006, 06:13 PM
hamster9
post Oct 10 2006, 09:21 PM

CFP
2,251 posts

So who's job is it to switch funds? The customers or the agent? I personally have no time in switching funds and monitoring here and there.

pidah
post Oct 10 2006, 10:50 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(hamster9 @ Oct 10 2006, 09:21 PM)
So who's job is it to switch funds? The customers or the agent? I personally have no time in switching funds and monitoring here and there.
all the investments will be monitored by the agents. The switching thingy (depends on market conditions), selection of potential funds (which is related to investors financial goal), diversification of the investments; everything will be managed by your agent. Unit Trust its not like in shares market where you have to monitor everything all by yourself. So its kind of time winning on the investor;s side.
Besides, job as unit trust agents/consultant is not more than just do sales but at the same time we have to do financial planning (partially) in order to help investors achieve their financial goals.

and the most important thing is, we have to be a smart investor. Dont just leave everything blindly to the agents. 3 important things to be a smart investor;

1. have a good knowledge about investment
2. choose a Unit trust company with a good track records
3. choose a good agent, who can maximize the investors investment.

and smart investors may fully utilize the agent as well. The agent responsible not only to make sure the smart investor get what they want, but also to assist the smart investor in any ways... They just can't leave them alone.

hermantino
post Oct 10 2006, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

When you invest in UT, it will not be smart to monitor the market on daily basis. Also, it will not be smart to monitor the 1400+ counters in the market. That will be overkill. However, it is smart to monitor the market at least on weekly basis. If you are into syariah based UT, monitor the syariah index as well as KLSE index. If you are into bond, monitor bond index too. If you read from the paper that one counter nose dive by 90%, you smile, raise your eyebrow, and continue your breakfast.

When you invest directly in Bursa Malaysia, you must pick your own counter from the 1400+ available counters, and must monitor that counter closely. If you are short-medium term player, you must monitor the market index and the sector you are in. If you are into long term, you must check the company fundemental as well. If you read from the paper that the only counter you picked nose dive by 90%, your breakfast will start to taste like rotten egg. Got it?

just my 2 cents. icon_rolleyes.gif

pidah
post Oct 10 2006, 11:12 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(hermantino @ Oct 10 2006, 11:08 PM)
When you invest in UT, it will not be smart to monitor the market on daily basis. Also, it will not be smart to monitor the 1400+ counters in the market. That will be overkill. However, it is smart to monitor the market at least on weekly basis. If you are into syariah based UT, monitor the syariah index as well as KLSE index. If you are into bond, monitor bond index too. If you read from the paper that one counter nose dive by 90%, you smile, raise your eyebrow, and continue your breakfast.

When you invest directly in Bursa Malaysia, you must pick your own counter from the 1400+ available counters, and must monitor that counter closely. If you are short-medium term player, you must monitor the market index and the sector you are in. If you are into long term, you must check the company fundemental as well. If you read from the paper that the only counter you picked nose dive by 90%, your breakfast will start to taste like rotten egg. Got it?
just my 2 cents. icon_rolleyes.gif
What ever kind of investment you do or where ever you invest, you must check your potfolio and your net worth periodically. List down all your assets and liabalities, see whether u are better then before.. Take necessary action to improve the situation...

and a smart investor, u must put your own effort to study the market
doesnt matter whether u invest in klse or unit trust....since there is volatility in prices
however, unit trust helps u spread your risk in the market..
whereas if u invest in klse..u have to do stock picking on your own..of course the gain will be higher since the risk is also high...

so its up to u as investor to choose...use your appetite and your brain

TSky_khor
post Oct 10 2006, 11:31 PM

No.22
894 posts

if u can monitor and analyse market so well, might as well invest in stock straigtaway, lol.

correct me if i'm wrong:
1. let say i want to switch fund from PB Fixed Income to PB Growth. i need both account number, which means that i need to have both fund account. i can't switch to the fund which i never buy before.

2. PB serie fund can't switch to Public serie.

This post has been edited by ky_khor: Oct 11 2006, 12:51 AM
cherroy
post Oct 11 2006, 12:00 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

Actually the 1400 counters in the KLSE don't mean anything. 30-40% of the counters are not trading at all everyday, while another 30% are only having a few lots trading at daily basic. KLSE might having quantity but not quality even it has 3000 or 10,000 counters also no use with most counters lack liquidity with no trading at all or with little trading only.

leekk8
post Oct 12 2006, 06:38 PM

Regular
1,059 posts

How can we get know the dividend distribution history of every listed companies? Any way?
Yes, there're so many counters have no transaction even during the whole week. I think most of us just concentrate on some active counters.
TSky_khor
post Oct 13 2006, 08:24 AM

No.22
894 posts

^ spammer biggrin.gif
louislim2
post Oct 13 2006, 09:16 AM

49 posts

hi,i m here to share my thought.if me,i will set my target for everyday what i can save to spend less money other than waste the money!!income-target=expenditure!

js my cent!
p4n6
post Oct 14 2006, 11:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

QUOTE(dEviLs @ Oct 9 2006, 10:39 PM)
I believe the CDS account I open has restrictions right?

If I open it with OSK, can I use it to trade in Maybank Online Stock? Or can I purchase IPO with it?

There are some you have to open under a nominee which you cannot use to buy IPO.

I would prefer those that I can buy IPO, online stock etc.
cherroy
post Oct 14 2006, 03:42 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Oct 14 2006, 11:29 AM)
If I open it with OSK, can I use it to trade in Maybank Online Stock? Or can I purchase IPO with it?

There are some you have to open under a nominee which you cannot use to buy IPO.

I would prefer those that I can buy IPO, online stock etc.
If you use Mayban Securities firm to trade then you need to open a CDS with them, if you trade with OSK then a OSK's CDS account is needed. So a person can ended with multiple CDS account which is not cross-link between securities firm.

A CDS account is just an account that keep your share in it instead of issuing a printed copy of share certificate, that's all.
hamster9
post Oct 16 2006, 04:13 PM

CFP
2,251 posts

Anybody knows about the forex investments seminar happening in Legend Hotel? The price is RM389 inclusive of lunch. But I'm jus wondering is it worth the money meaning to say, is it really good or what? sweat.gif
leekk8
post Oct 16 2006, 06:05 PM

Regular
1,059 posts

Any investment or financial planning magazines recommended?
lifeless_creature
post Oct 17 2006, 03:58 PM

The Kid
1,219 posts

smart investor is ok, my boss recommends personal money though...what do u guys read ??
leekk8
post Oct 17 2006, 09:50 PM

Regular
1,059 posts

QUOTE(lifeless_creature @ Oct 17 2006, 03:58 PM)
smart investor is ok, my boss recommends personal money though...what do u guys read ??
These two magazines are in english? I read chinese magazine, Money Compass...
lifeless_creature
post Oct 18 2006, 11:17 AM

The Kid
1,219 posts

yup, they are in english, money compass -> 精明理財? thanks, will look at it smile.gif
leekk8
post Oct 18 2006, 11:48 AM

Regular
1,059 posts

Yes, money compass is 精明理財.
pidah
post Oct 20 2006, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(ky_khor @ Oct 10 2006, 11:31 PM)
if u can monitor and analyse market so well, might as well invest in stock straigtaway, lol.

correct me if i'm wrong:
1. let say i want to switch fund from PB Fixed Income to PB Growth. i need both account number, which means that i need to have both fund account. i can't switch to the fund which i never buy before.

2. PB serie fund can't switch to Public serie.
No, i don't think so. For confirmation, U could call agent service,
PB income and PB growth, any thing pertaining PB series, that one direct public Bank..

pidah
post Oct 20 2006, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

user posted image

Fund vs Fund By Fund Type From 01 July 2003 To 06 October 2006

(Fund-1) - PUBLIC ITTIKAL- PUBLIC MUTUAL Return 56.08%
(Fund-2) - MAA MUTUAL ALFAID- MAA KL Return 40.71%
(Fund-3) - SBB DANA AL-IHSAN - SBB Return 14.65%
(Fund-4) - MAYBAN DANA IKHLAS -MAYBANK Return -15.03%
(Fund-5) - AMITTIKAL - ARAB MALAYSIAN Return -16.65%

85 Pages « < 71 72 73 74 > » Top