Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

137 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guilds WOWTaiwan - 憤怒使者 - US client, No CDKey, Coffeenottea V6-World of Warcraft-Legion

views

TShidden830726
post Oct 21 2010, 11:24 PM, updated 5y ago

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

user posted image

READ THIS! IMPORTANT! Updated 18 Sept 2016

Hi all,

Yes. I am being told that the old guide of this thread is longer valid. I have hide them instead of delete it.

I have the game re-installed, and level up to 110. Im back. Anyhow, its really easy to play wowtaiwan with English nowadays. No longer need to meddle with the game file anymore. Blizzard have listened and make things easy for everyone.

As far as i know, you dont need to register another Taiwan account if you already have US account. Battlenet account can be used for all region. But if you dont have Battlenet account, you may have to. I believe you can register at US and change the region at launcher and play. (please test it out and feedback)

As for how to register, just proceed to the wowtaiwan site and register an ID, then download the US client and install the game. Then use the launcher to change the Region to Taiwan in order to play in English.

As for the guild. The guild is back alive.

Yes, and i still believe wowtaiwan is till one of the best place to play wow due to the low latency (below 100ms from Malaysia) and no need to buy CDkey for every expansion and the possibility to buy game time instead of monthly commitment.

*Btw Game time options is still available. This is a correction from my previous quote.

伺服器 (Server):憤怒使者 TW-Wrathbringer
陣營 (Faction):聯盟 Alliance
公會 (Guild):Coffeenottea
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Coffeenottea

Please find pictures guide here. http://imgur.com/a/ZXhqk

FAQ (Updated as at 18 Sept 2016)

1) Is the guild still active.
A) Yes.

2) How do i proceed if i am new to wow?
A) Proceed to register at wowtaiwan site and download US client if you want to use English client, download taiwan client if want to use TW client. If use US client, please select Taiwan region when starting game at launcher.

3) How do i top up game time or monthly subscription?
A) Nowadays, you may top up game time on Blizzard launcher Store. Please make sure you select Taiwan when you purchase game time or subscription.

4) If i already have battle.net account do i still need to re-register?
A) Yes, register at wowtaiwan, but if you already have US client, you may just launch it from your b.net launcher

5) What is the guild name, server location and faction?

A) Coffeenottea, 憤怒使者 TW-Wrathbringer, 聯盟 Alliance

6) Why Alliance and not Horde?

A) We started as Alliance and we will not leave our comrade behind. Transfer guild service by Blizzard only transfer the guild and not the guildie.

7) If i want to play at Horde, any guild to recommend?
A) So far non.

8) You claimed as the biggest English Taiwan guild in the world, is it still true?

A) Most likely yes. Back in the days, at our peak we have like 25 peoples online at once.

9) How do i contact you guys?

A) Via facebook page - coffeenottea or message at lowyat.net

10) How do i get an invite to guild?

A) /who coffeenottea at in game chat or pm/message your in game name (IGN) and we will try to add you.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Oct 30 2016, 09:11 PM
ray123
post Oct 22 2010, 02:02 AM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

QUOTE(hidden830726 @ Oct 21 2010, 11:24 PM)
I have been playing wow for the past 3 years started off in US server Gorgonnash Horde side, finally decided to start off new journey with a bunch of friends in the taiwan server - 憤怒使者 - Alliance side, 3 months ago, and we made a guild with players mainly from Malaysia. Singapore players are welcome too.
What. Who were you?
Jas2davir
post Oct 22 2010, 02:47 AM

Casual
458 posts

wow taiwan seems nice but problem is language if looking for raids or pugs
TShidden830726
post Oct 22 2010, 07:16 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(ray123 @ Oct 22 2010, 02:02 AM)
What. Who were you?
Moko the hunter here, if u mean my toon in gorgonnash,

Added on October 22, 2010, 7:36 am
QUOTE(Jas2davir @ Oct 22 2010, 02:47 AM)
wow taiwan seems nice but problem is language if looking for raids or pugs
Yup. I do admit it is difficult if u do not understand mandarin, and that's why we founded a new guild to help everyone...

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Oct 22 2010, 07:36 AM
zanuk
post Oct 22 2010, 08:14 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(hidden830726 @ Oct 21 2010, 11:24 PM)
3) Latency, as we all know, due to the proximity of our country with the US server, Malaysia players always suffer from delay, spike or lagging when playing with US server. Even with the help of tunneling services, which most them require additional cost, the latency after tunneling will be mostly around 400++.

However, with the taiwan server, the latency sustain at around 250++, without tunneling. It will be even lower if u obtain tunneling services.

We all aware of how vital is the upkeep of latency for gaming, latency issues, provide addtional difficulties for wow players to fully maximize their potential in the form of arena's as well as raiding.
tis is the interesting part, the main prob is the language
Currylaksa
post Oct 22 2010, 09:36 AM

Regular
1,616 posts

You guys in TW Alliance not tulan kena gank like hell from Horde meh?

Population imbalance dam kao crazy rclxub.gif
nders
post Oct 22 2010, 09:51 AM

Age of lost direction
1,059 posts

QUOTE(Currylaksa @ Oct 22 2010, 09:36 AM)

not as crazy as Oceanic realms. I bet you.
TShidden830726
post Oct 22 2010, 10:03 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

We have been playing horde for years and this is really a good time for me and buddy to try alliance. We are pretty good in pvp so we will probably do fine, but I do agree with the population inbalance, sometimes it just annoying.

There is two battlegroup in wow taiwan, and luckily the battlegroup that we're in seems to be with better alliance, in the past few days of eots call to arms, alliance have been winning

Instant_noodle
post Oct 22 2010, 10:21 AM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

i bet ya never visit thaurissan as alliance before.
dragna
post Oct 22 2010, 10:24 AM

5,248 posts

I'm from thaurissan and trust me as instant noodle described for the alliance, one word. epic!
Currylaksa
post Oct 22 2010, 10:26 AM

Regular
1,616 posts

QUOTE(Instant_noodle @ Oct 22 2010, 10:21 AM)
i bet ya never visit thaurissan as alliance before.
Got laugh.gif I agree veli bad oso gg

The Thau horde there very er.... 1v1 don't want, sometimes 2v1 oso don't want. See a questing alliance there, shout in general chat and let the lv80s zerg him down.

TW side is... from what my friend said, the horde will actively devote their playing camping popular quest areas with their mains, until you virtually cannot level.
TShidden830726
post Oct 22 2010, 10:34 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(Currylaksa @ Oct 22 2010, 10:26 AM)
Got laugh.gif I agree veli bad oso gg

The Thau horde there very er.... 1v1 don't want, sometimes 2v1 oso don't want. See a questing alliance there, shout in general chat and let the lv80s zerg him down.

TW side is... from what my friend said, the horde will actively devote their playing camping popular quest areas with their mains, until you virtually cannot level.
Nah,its not that bad, I never get gank or camp so far.

As for those in oceanic and us players, maybe u ppl can consider trying taiwan, it will potentially save u the cataclysm cd key money.

ray123
post Oct 22 2010, 10:51 AM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

QUOTE(hidden830726 @ Oct 22 2010, 07:16 AM)
Moko the hunter here, if u mean my toon in gorgonnash,
Sounds familiar, I played on the Gorg for over 4 years. I'm Velspar (shaman) / Arshjin (hunter) / Wisen (druid) / Arthuria (paladin), was in <Band of Hawks>, <Kraken> and <Exclusive>.

My friend Blade just told me about joining TW server actually (he's playing a warrior) and he raved about the ping (100ms for him on Jaring). "When you charge hor, you can actually hit someone and not overshot your target!!111one"
dragna
post Oct 22 2010, 10:58 AM

5,248 posts

^
Bladetee still plays? Thedaywalker rite?
Instant_noodle
post Oct 22 2010, 11:00 AM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

it'll take extra 20% hdd space due to unicode and THE DREADED PINYIN would make you more vulnerable to ganks as you waste more time typing and have your mind set to search for specific letter to poke into and ignores the environment.

i heard from me not-so-familiar-fwen who once played TW server that if you type more english, they'll just ignore you for no gud reason (or maybe they think ur england iz not standard :S ).

plus the updates for client and addons are sloooooooooooooow...

for latency part, i still blame TMNut using old parts to milk us extra cash (best example is UNIFAIL, just like how can a sports car with high tech equipments and gadgets installed would still be a slow car when it is powered by kancil engine...), and technician/ helpline support treats their customers ad bigot idiots and WE AS CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS WRONG
ray123
post Oct 22 2010, 11:05 AM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

QUOTE(dragna @ Oct 22 2010, 10:58 AM)
^
Bladetee still plays? Thedaywalker rite?
He's trying out a trial acc on TW server I think. He said he and some of his crew (Ricgoh et al) will be playing the xpac on TW because they missed out on the pvp due to the atrocious US server pings.
TShidden830726
post Oct 22 2010, 11:14 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(ray123 @ Oct 22 2010, 10:51 AM)
Sounds familiar, I played on the Gorg for over 4 years. I'm Velspar (shaman) / Arshjin (hunter) / Wisen (druid) / Arthuria (paladin), was in <Band of Hawks>, <Kraken> and <Exclusive>.

My friend Blade just told me about joining TW server actually (he's playing a warrior) and he raved about the ping (100ms for him on Jaring). "When you charge hor, you can actually hit someone and not overshot your target!!111one"
I'm mokonakiya (hunter), previously with orphanage, aWaken, reconcilliation, and at exclusive before I quit, months ago.

Ya, it felt great when playing under 100 ms

Currylaksa
post Oct 22 2010, 11:43 AM

Regular
1,616 posts

QUOTE(ray123 @ Oct 22 2010, 11:05 AM)
He's trying out a trial acc on TW server I think. He said he and some of his crew (Ricgoh et al) will be playing the xpac on TW because they missed out on the pvp due to the atrocious US server pings.
Some of the old kraken kaki playing horde side 憤怒使者.

Everybody going to different realm/faction, very hard to consolidate doh.gif
TShidden830726
post Oct 22 2010, 11:45 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(Instant_noodle @ Oct 22 2010, 11:00 AM)
it'll take extra 20% hdd space due to unicode and THE DREADED PINYIN would make you more vulnerable to ganks as you waste more time typing and have your mind set to search for specific letter to poke into and ignores the environment.

i heard from me not-so-familiar-fwen who once played TW server that if you type more english, they'll just ignore you for no gud reason (or maybe they think ur england iz not standard :S ).

plus the updates for client and addons are sloooooooooooooow...

for latency part, i still blame TMNut using old parts to milk us extra cash (best example is UNIFAIL, just like how can a sports car with high tech equipments and gadgets installed would still be a slow car when it is powered by kancil engine...), and technician/ helpline support treats their customers ad bigot idiots and WE AS CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS WRONG
As for the pinyin part, its not really a major issues, the extra hdd space is not relevant, especially if you are playing woW, u tend to have a big hdd. And I really doubt, its extra 20% just for the pinyin.

and how a person be vulnerable to gank when typing? Isn't it apply to any server?

So far, I don't get any hostile reception from the general even if I comm in english, usually they are happy to know that you play with english client in taiwan server (it shows my server as wrathbringer), they see it as uber cool.

And I m disagree abot the add on, I got no problem whatsoever, especially when I'm using english client.

Instant_noodle
post Oct 22 2010, 01:28 PM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

QUOTE(hidden830726 @ Oct 22 2010, 11:45 AM)
As for the pinyin part, its not really a major issues, the extra hdd space is not relevant, especially if you are playing woW, u tend to have a big hdd. And I really doubt, its extra 20% just for the pinyin.

and how a person be vulnerable to gank when typing? Isn't it apply to any server?

So far, I don't get any hostile reception from the general even if I comm in english, usually they are happy to know that you play with english client in taiwan server (it shows my server as wrathbringer), they see it as uber cool.

And I m disagree abot the add on, I got no problem whatsoever, especially when I'm using english client.

it does takes up more space to hdd, due to the font:

simplest example is database: why data type 'varchar' can store more than datatype 'nvarchar'?? it is becoz 'nvarchar' stores extra 1 byte due to unicode support. unicode is twice the size of normal ascii 'varchar'.

so counting out the volume of graphic and sound bits the size should be roughly 20% larger

about the typing, let's do an experiment:

take jay chow's 'lurve in B.C.' 1st and 2nd line from his lyric and test

dh ybog anmt ehne nini no yfiku anmt vir
qncr p oin mk hapi onf ybbr hoami vnd mf vnd

*no, this it not gibberish*

it takes me less than 13 secs to finish 20 letters above with least selecting (like, only 2?), it would be faster if intelli-input thingie

dh ybog (anmt) ehne nini no yfiku anmt (vir)
qncr (p) oin (mk) hapi onf ybbr hoami vnd mf (vnd)

how fast can you think you can achieve using pinyin, letter by letter and intelli-thingie on???

the time spent on looking and finding correct letters while you're hovering on you flying mount or standing on open hostile area it would mean free HK for other faction players especially when you're playing in a horde infested server like thaurissan

as for the hostile about language thing, it happened like 3 years ago when i went there and listened to the ex-WoW playa answer, the community might had matured since then??
disclaimer:
it looks like gibberish, reads like gibberish, but it's not gibberish... it is based on traditional chinese letter, which is mainly used in TW not rojak mixed simplified and traditional chinese letter that most people use

This post has been edited by Instant_noodle: Oct 22 2010, 01:31 PM

137 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0319sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:03 PM