Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bad experience with PDA Gadgets AP set, any bought their phone with PDA Gadgets?

views

TSlinkinawe
post Oct 11 2010, 07:08 PM, updated 13y ago

On my way
683 posts

I bought the Desire from x132755 on early of May , which is an ap set from PDA Gadgets . Last 2 weeks I encountered some problems , that the phone keep restarting itself , I couldn't fix it so I send for the warranty to PDA Gadgets nearby the midvalley , above the Perodua showroom. The guy there told me it will take up to 2 weeks to fix it . But today already 2 weeks , still don't have update from them . So I called the guy who in charge , and asked him about the progress , he told he wasn't clear about that , then I asked again, "Can you ask the technician when it will be done ? Call me back by today " , he said "alright" . I've waited his call since 11am , until now , not a reply from him. Then I tried to phone him few minute ago , I got this , "The number you have dialed is not available" , WTF ? I know I must give them some time to do it , but it has been 2 weeks , not a single update from them . They told me , as soon as it is done , they will call me. So does it mean if they take 1 , 2 months , I have to wait until that time ? This is kinda getting me frustrated because my patience will eventually run off . I won't be this frustrated if he get me some updates , or give me a precise date that it would be done , but he didnt ! What he gave me is "dont know" , "not clear". It's like you are waiting your food at the restaurant with starving stomach for long period . After 20 minutes has passed, I tried to called him , and now he picked up the phone .

I asked:"did you call the technician ?"
he said: " what ? What are your case ?"
me :"the Desire that I require you to ask the technician..."
he:"ah ? oooo , I've forgotten to call"
I asked:"When you can call the technician ?"
he said :"not sure"
me : "That mean I have to keep waiting ?? 1 month 2 months ?"
he:"I dont know because the technician have to open everything apart to check what's wrong "
Then
"he said :hmm , I will call you when it is done".

Now I am blaming myself ,why I couldn't wait until SIS set release ? Why I was such in a haste to get AP Desire ? I am not clear about other AP dealer , but I am just sharing PDA Gadget case with you all . I've learn my lesson , that I should have waited and pay few hundred ringgit to get a SIS set , doing so will saving the pain in the ass .

How you guys feel if you encounter this problem ?

Now I wait and see how long they are going to take sweat.gif , I'll keep you guys posted .

This post has been edited by linkinawe: Oct 11 2010, 07:11 PM
benny888
post Oct 11 2010, 07:28 PM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

I understand your frustration. You should get back to X132755 to assist you. I have bought from PDA Gadget before and is through another shop at Subang Square.

I do have a good experience though, my HTC GPS was corrected and motherboard replaced FOC within 10 days
dry75
post Oct 11 2010, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

My HD2 also giving me some problem. Will bring the phone to SC tomorrow and i am expecting the same issue like you.
Firstly, their hotline 0133333478 is mostly engaged or no-one ever pick up. So u can imagine the rest.

Seller gave me impression, dont bother him, go resolve with SC at Mid Valley.

What to do, buying AP set is always like this when it come to problem.

Maybe i should not compare them with some really good ORI service centre like Nokia at Amcorp Mall !!
TSlinkinawe
post Oct 11 2010, 08:14 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Oct 11 2010, 07:28 PM)
I understand your frustration. You should get back to X132755 to assist you. I have bought from PDA Gadget before and is  through another shop at Subang Square.

I do have a good experience though, my HTC GPS was corrected  and motherboard replaced FOC within 10 days
10 days , That was quick ! I hope they can fix it in your speed ... My patience has running off because I need it for my daily use , now just stick to old SE W800I , causing me sick ! X132755 told me the same thing , "gave them some time to fix it" .

QUOTE(dry75 @ Oct 11 2010, 08:04 PM)
My HD2 also giving me some problem. Will bring the phone to SC tomorrow and i am expecting the same issue like you.
Firstly, their hotline  0133333478 is mostly engaged or no-one ever pick up. So u can imagine the rest.

Seller gave me impression, dont bother him, go resolve with SC at Mid Valley.

What to do, buying AP set is always like this when it come to problem.

Maybe i should not compare them with some really good ORI service centre like Nokia at Amcorp Mall !!
yup , my warranty invoice got this num 0133333478 stated as "SMS Status check" , I text this no , but aint getting any reply ! I phoned 03-79603368 , which is their office number . They said I should call the SC no , but not their office Zzzzzz...
I think service center is not at midvalley , because when I asked them , they said :"today we dont have any fixed phones COMING IN" . So I guess they passed the phone to somewhere else. I think SIS set can fix it in 1 week . Mine gone through 2 week and I was hoping , at least he says :"oh , it is almost done" , or "it is 60 70% done" . Any progress reporting will relieve me ! but .... no such thing ~.~ . Now I am offering a chance to them, by at most this week , they have to tell me something , otherwise I swear to god that I would never buy AP set again .
monked
post Oct 11 2010, 09:08 PM

Regular
1,079 posts

QUOTE(linkinawe @ Oct 11 2010, 08:14 PM)
10 days , That was quick ! I hope they can fix it in your speed ... My patience has running off because I need it for my daily use , now just stick to old SE W800I , causing me sick ! X132755 told me the same thing , "gave them some time to fix it" .
yup , my warranty invoice got this num 0133333478 stated as "SMS Status check" , I text this no , but aint getting any reply !  I phoned 03-79603368 , which is their office number . They said I should call the SC no , but not their office  Zzzzzz...
I think service center is not at midvalley , because when I asked them , they said :"today we dont have any fixed phones COMING IN" . So I guess they passed the phone to somewhere else. I think SIS set can fix it in 1 week . Mine gone through 2 week and I was hoping , at least he says :"oh , it is almost done" , or "it is 60 70% done" . Any progress reporting will relieve me ! but .... no such thing ~.~ . Now I am offering a chance to them, by at most this week , they have to tell me something , otherwise I swear to god that I would never buy AP set again .
SiS can fix within 3 day if got the required spare parts..
in my case i waited for 2 weeks , yet my phone is not done yet .. the excuse = spare part yet to arrive.. need another week to arrive =)
TSlinkinawe
post Oct 11 2010, 09:55 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(monked @ Oct 11 2010, 09:08 PM)
SiS can fix within 3 day if got the required spare parts..
in my case i waited for 2 weeks , yet my phone is not done yet .. the excuse = spare part yet to arrive.. need another week to arrive =)
they said technician is still investigating to find out the problem . ~.~ After find out the problem , then need 1 week for the spare part to arrive ? What the , almost 1 month to fix that -.- ... I've searched through the internet , normally when the phone is trap in rebooting , or cant turn on , they will replace the mobo .

This post has been edited by linkinawe: Oct 11 2010, 09:56 PM
syuki
post Oct 11 2010, 10:45 PM

Why so serius...?
919 posts

Bought htc tp2 from a person from this forum.. phone from PDA Gadget.. the person bought this phone since August 2009, but until now the phone still in good cond. maybe it just luck tongue.gif
sengasdf
post Oct 11 2010, 11:34 PM

Casual
487 posts

I also bought a Galaxy S from PDA gadgets. Wasn't know that only SME is the only distributor for Samsung phone. So far so good.. don't hope that I will face problem on this phone...
By the way, that seller keep on saying pda gadget is selling Original phone... macam kena con a bit

This post has been edited by sengasdf: Oct 11 2010, 11:34 PM
pluginbaby
post Oct 11 2010, 11:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,658 posts

QUOTE(sengasdf @ Oct 11 2010, 11:34 PM)
I also bought a Galaxy S from PDA gadgets. Wasn't know that only SME is the only distributor for Samsung phone. So far so good.. don't hope that I will face problem on this phone...
By the way, that seller keep on saying pda gadget is selling Original phone... macam kena con a bit
who is the one selling or perhaps where did u get it? surely its original but either its ori set (authorized by manufacturer) or AP set.. ori does not mean between original thing vs fake imitation aka china phone
ohmlawx
post Oct 11 2010, 11:42 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

well, kinda reason why i always choose original dealer..
aruja_69
post Oct 11 2010, 11:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,786 posts

Had the same with comsat warranty for 5800. Phone kept by them for 1 week and had for another same prob arise then went back for repair again for 3 days after calling almost everyday. Then got it back and sold it off....
TSlinkinawe
post Oct 12 2010, 12:24 AM

On my way
683 posts

I wasn't talking their AP phone quality bad , just the service center doh.gif . Some AP phones quality are quite good , provided with good after sale and warranty services . But for the least risk , get original better. That's what I learnt from this , if they fix it in less than 2 week , to prove their services can compete with original , then I would have change my mind. But it turned out NO , quite disappointed .

Added on October 12, 2010, 12:33 amone more thing that concern me is , he didnt ask my invoice no . I was given a warranty invoice when I sent it for warranty . When I called him , I just said :"how is my desire?" , without mentioning the invoice no . He answered as if he knew which Desire I referring to , like just simply answered me. OR I thought too much ? that there is only Desire that sent in for warranty -- ? Because he never ask my name , my invoice no , etc to check the record ...Sound weird ...

This post has been edited by linkinawe: Oct 12 2010, 12:33 AM
katyPerry
post Oct 12 2010, 01:55 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

I thought PDA Gadget is a quite famous AP carrier with good services ? ah , please keep us posted . I think 2 get a AP set from them , but I saw your thread . Definitely take this warranty issue into my consideration and see how they deal with your case . Warranty is a serious concern to consider about when buying things.
mikeeeee
post Oct 12 2010, 11:14 AM

*~Tien9Chi~*
3,015 posts

hohoho .. another victim !!

my friend got a Milestone from them also, after few months of usage there where some problem booting up the phone, so he send it back to claim.

With bunch of excuses and ding dong, it has been about 3 months now and still no definite date can be provided by them when can get back the phone. Just imagine the frustration my friend is going through sad.gif

good luck TS
rockets
post Oct 12 2010, 11:52 AM

No Recoil
509 posts

thanks for starting this thread, i was planning to get an AP phone from them. gonna look elsewhere now.
Bugeca
post Oct 12 2010, 11:59 AM

Deuces Are Wild
1,181 posts

QUOTE(rockets @ Oct 12 2010, 11:52 AM)
thanks for starting this thread, i was planning to get an AP phone from them. gonna look elsewhere now.
Better get from authorized reseller / distributor. When I purchase my phone, the difference between the AP and Original is merely about RM100. But then, the Original have one year extra and SLA to meet (subject to spare part availability) and better in tracking your warranty case.
TSlinkinawe
post Oct 12 2010, 02:40 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(mikeeeee @ Oct 12 2010, 11:14 AM)
hohoho .. another victim !!

my friend got a Milestone from them also, after few months of usage there where some problem booting up the phone, so he send it back to claim.

With bunch of excuses and ding dong, it has been about 3 months now and still no definite date can be provided by them when can get back the phone. Just imagine the frustration my friend is going through sad.gif

good luck TS
WTF ? 3 months ?? so long has not fixed yet ? damn
mikeeeee
post Oct 12 2010, 03:51 PM

*~Tien9Chi~*
3,015 posts

ya man, 3 freaking months... main excuse were the unit were being send back to HK to fix/claim but no detail update were given at the progress... sad case.

sanosizo
post Oct 12 2010, 03:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,547 posts

i wonder what will happen if the set was from UK tongue.gif

i thought buying from shops actually would help make our life easier if there is warranty issue occur, rather than we have to do it on our own. now that's not the case anymore.
post Oct 12 2010, 04:18 PM

Regular
1,445 posts

I have been working part time at some handphone shops before and frm my opinion go buy ORI. Save u all ur frustration and problem.

First most AP phones warranty progress is really troublesome, u return the phone to the shop then the shop dude sent it for warranty (this progress alone may take up to 1 week - 2 weeks) then when the AP company get the phone, they take their precious time to fix it or if they cant they sent it back to their supplier (this takes 1 week - x months), so when the phone fix they arrange for the delivery back to the shop (this takes 3 - 1 week). So by the time ur thing come back it will be so long u may even forget about it.

But they are some good AP company out there too. But as u should know AP company are way smaller then the ori company. They may not have the ability to fix ur phone on the spot. So it takes lots of time...
TSlinkinawe
post Oct 12 2010, 04:30 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(mikeeeee @ Oct 12 2010, 03:51 PM)
ya man, 3 freaking months... main excuse were the unit were being send back to HK to fix/claim but no detail update were given at the progress... sad case.
If like that , I want to claim my money back ! because if they taking it so long , 1 3 4 months .. It's like I have giving back the phone to them ! who is responsible for my loss cry.gif ?
fanatic_79
post Oct 12 2010, 06:01 PM

Validating
14 posts

thank for very much for starting this thread. so sorry to hear your inconveniences. guess i will look for ori company or ap company that has good after sale services.
SUSCELCOM.AXIATA
post Oct 12 2010, 07:12 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

in general, after-sales svc of malaysians is still very low. de APs are very bad but ORI is only slightly better.
unless u go to de shop and shout at them, writing online and talking on de fone is useless.
MyWifeCar
post Oct 12 2010, 09:28 PM

★ Car Soundproofing DIY~
591 posts

QUOTE(CELCOM.AXIATA @ Oct 12 2010, 07:12 PM)
in general, after-sales svc of malaysians is still very low. de APs are very bad but ORI is only slightly better.
unless u go to de shop and shout at them, writing online and talking on de fone is useless.
Agree. Msia is still some way back in customer service... Actually not customer service, it is consumer right.
SUSCELCOM.AXIATA
post Oct 12 2010, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

in countries like singapore, japan, usa...consumer is king.
dats bcos ppl education is high.
sengasdf
post Oct 15 2010, 02:39 PM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ Oct 11 2010, 11:42 PM)
who is the one selling or perhaps where did u get it? surely its original but either its ori set (authorized by manufacturer) or AP set.. ori does not mean between original thing vs fake imitation aka china phone
I bought it at the mines. A lot of phone stalls(except authorized distributor) are carrying pda gadgets set, and they claim that pda gadget is not AP and not original, so called standalone distributor lol... I just sent in my phone to repair as my phone is booted to black screen. Going to keep calling them for 3-4days once otherwise I might end up waiting for a month or something
dattebayo
post Oct 15 2010, 02:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,331 posts

QUOTE(sengasdf @ Oct 15 2010, 02:39 PM)
I bought it at the mines. A lot of phone stalls(except authorized distributor) are carrying pda gadgets set, and they claim that pda gadget is not AP and not original, so called standalone distributor lol... I just sent in my phone to repair as my phone is booted to black screen. Going to keep calling them for 3-4days once otherwise I might end up waiting for a month or something
non-AP and non-Ori = water set loh sweat.gif

PDA gadgets are AP set
sengasdf
post Oct 21 2010, 01:42 PM

Casual
487 posts

Regret for never done research before making purchase... Just for the software problem, my phone has returned to factory for 1 week already, no news... Asked him to change a new set for me, refused to do so... asked him what is the process? he said repairing... Now hanging half sky thinking what to do right now...

Only used for 1week + 3days cry.gif

This post has been edited by sengasdf: Oct 21 2010, 01:42 PM
benny888
post Oct 21 2010, 03:27 PM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

Sengasdf : I have a Samsung Galaxy S ( AP set ) and has brick it 3 times within 1 month experimenting with roms. My unit comes with the 3 buttons disabled. On all these 3 occasions I bring it to Samsung Service Centre myself and I got the phone back within 2-3 hours - they just flash back the rom. And in all 3 cases the service provided is FREE. They dont even check warranty card, simply also because the phone is released in market few months only so definitely still under warranty
sengasdf
post Oct 21 2010, 05:30 PM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Oct 21 2010, 03:27 PM)
Sengasdf : I have a Samsung Galaxy S ( AP set ) and has brick it 3 times within 1 month experimenting with roms. My unit comes with the 3 buttons disabled. On all these 3 occasions I bring it to Samsung Service Centre myself and I got the phone back within 2-3 hours - they just flash back the rom. And in all 3 cases the service provided is FREE. They dont even check warranty card, simply also because the phone is released in market few months only so definitely still under warranty
damn, I should try this... too bad my phone already on their hand... Don't know want to ask them return back my phone and I bring to Samsung service center myself

By the way, which service center you bring it to? There is PDA Gadgets sticker behind the phone, will they willing to fix for me as well?

This post has been edited by sengasdf: Oct 21 2010, 05:34 PM
benny888
post Oct 21 2010, 06:41 PM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

Your warranty card will have a list of service centers. Any will do. Mine is ap set I bought at kl but is from spore. So I went to the plaza spore service centre. There were 3 others listed in the warranty card
sengasdf
post Oct 21 2010, 10:24 PM

Casual
487 posts

My warranty card is not from Samsung ler... They gave me their own warranty card(PDA Gadgets) like IC size... Don't know samsung service center accept or not...
benny888
post Oct 22 2010, 08:18 AM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

There is a original samsung warranty card even for ap sets. Ask them for it. With it you can go to any of the centers listed. From The warranty card you will also know the source of country phone imported from. Actually buying ap set if is from overseas warranty claims more leceh , best overseas source still singapore . If say is UK set , you just have to wait loh.

lms2005
post Nov 5 2010, 12:42 AM

Regular
1,269 posts

can i know where is their service center near midvalley? any address?
sexualpower
post Nov 5 2010, 12:50 AM

Regular
1,964 posts

how to differentiate AP and ori?~ the parts should be the same, am I right?~ if that's true and if the warranty is the only difference, definitely they will entertain AP sets as low priority~

I'm not sure whether I bought an ori or AP, I hope there is a way to check~
lms2005
post Nov 5 2010, 11:15 PM

Regular
1,269 posts

LoL..

here is story about ori - http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1434838

then where should i buy?

This post has been edited by lms2005: Nov 5 2010, 11:16 PM
sengasdf
post Nov 7 2010, 11:24 AM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(sexualpower @ Nov 5 2010, 12:50 AM)
how to differentiate AP and ori?~ the parts should be the same, am I right?~ if that's true and if the warranty is the only difference, definitely they will entertain AP sets as low priority~

I'm not sure whether I bought an ori or AP, I hope there is a way to check~
If your AP set are under warranty, our local distributor will not entertain you, you have to go back to the AP company that warrant you. And for sure those #$@#$% AP company will drag your phone for a week or more before returning back to you.

I sent my AP phone for software error, 2 weeks still no news, asked for refund...
I went to buy SME original phone(SGS), second day software error due to lagfix... sent back to Samsung service center, tomorrow collect back.
So... your choice
xtremez
post Dec 13 2010, 01:35 PM

On my way
574 posts

Something tells me i'm gonna really regret sending to them for service. Should have searched for this thread before hand...haiz...2 weeks already today. But still no news of when can collect.

I've been hassling them for God knows how long already.

Added on December 13, 2010, 1:36 pm
QUOTE(lms2005 @ Nov 5 2010, 12:42 AM)
can i know where is their service center near midvalley? any address?
Now it's at Oasis Ara Damansara....no more at MV...

This post has been edited by xtremez: Dec 13 2010, 01:36 PM
khalifah07
post Jan 1 2011, 09:42 AM

48 posts

so how? u got back your phone? after how long? mine suddenly bricked when i charging the phone. also cannot use the 3 button combi. do you think samsung service will help me to reflash back my phone?
biscodyl
post Mar 2 2011, 01:41 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(linkinawe @ Oct 12 2010, 04:30 PM)
If like that , I want to claim my money back ! because if they taking it so long , 1 3 4 months .. It's like I have giving back the phone to them ! who is responsible for my loss  cry.gif  ?
Hi,

Have you got back your phone? How long does it take previously? How is the outcome? I got same problem and have send almost 3 weeks now. Still waiting faithfully. cry.gif
silentser
post Mar 2 2011, 02:38 PM

OH MAH ANDROID
3,177 posts

-edit-

This post has been edited by silentser: Mar 2 2011, 02:49 PM
SUSmegarific
post Mar 3 2011, 10:00 AM

Getting Started
208 posts

omg,i just send my phone to pdagadget for warranty,10 days already

Added on March 16, 2011, 8:44 pmPdagadget repair service dam suk, my phone sent for repair for 3 week already still not yet done,i called them for more than 10 times still same excuse(err technician went back home already wor, tomoro I check then I let u know) after 2 days still no call. So they nid me to fly to pdagadget from penang to screw them up? Sry for my rudeness coz know im dam fed up.

This post has been edited by megarific: Apr 6 2011, 11:44 PM
biscodyl
post Mar 29 2011, 10:33 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(megarific @ Mar 3 2011, 10:00 AM)
omg,i just send my phone to pdagadget for warranty,10 days already

Added on March 16, 2011, 8:44 pmPdagadget repair service dam suk, my phone sent for repair for 3 week already still not yet done,i called them for more than 10 times still same excuse(err technician went back home already wor, tomoro I check then I let u know) after 2 days still no call. So they nid me to fly to pdagadget from penang to screw them up? Sry for my rudeness coz know im dam fed up.
Have you got back your phone yet?
post Mar 29 2011, 10:50 AM

Regular
1,445 posts

sry to hear that but this is the risk of buying AP set.....
chabalang
post Apr 5 2011, 09:49 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

Glad that I read this thread. Wanted to buy HTC Incredible S from PDA Gadget...now I think it's better wait to get from Digi/SiS. Thanks.
aeronchan
post Apr 5 2011, 09:57 PM

Casual
400 posts

moral of the story..
get SiS ! saving a few hundred bucks caused u a few weeks/months problem..
hspace
post Apr 5 2011, 10:18 PM

Casual
369 posts

Wow. Thanks to everyone for this thread so that there is publicity. notworthy.gif Now PDA Gadget either tapao or better buck up. I was considering getting from them at one point.

5 years ago, Malaysians will just simply post something like "P** G***** sucks, I won't go there again." doh.gif >> so scared to post name. Now more consumer conscious to voice out instead of quietly taking it in the butt. flex.gif

Hope it will be that will politically also. brows.gif

This post has been edited by hspace: Apr 5 2011, 10:21 PM
afad
post Apr 5 2011, 11:31 PM

Casual
308 posts

TS, have u got ur phone ady,
pls update, we all want to know what happened...
SUSmegarific
post Apr 6 2011, 11:45 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

i got back my phone after 7 weeks....they change old motherboard for me,the back sticker also fade already wtf
biscodyl
post Apr 12 2011, 04:10 PM

6 posts

Mine, 2 months and counting mad.gif No timeframe given, no progress status. If no good response, should I report to tribunal to request for refund. yawn.gif Any opinion?
ngkokchan
post May 1 2011, 11:53 PM

1 posts

Biscodyl, my HD2 also sent to PDA gedget 2 months already for repair, untill today still no news from them, no timeframe given.... their service really really SUCK!!!!!!!
Pls inform everyone not to buy phone from PDA Gadget.....
CoMMie
post May 12 2011, 07:47 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(ngkokchan @ May 1 2011, 11:53 PM)
Biscodyl, my HD2 also sent to PDA gedget 2 months already for repair, untill today still no news from them, no timeframe given.... their service really really SUCK!!!!!!!
Pls inform everyone not to buy phone from PDA Gadget.....
Wow this is very bad better just spend some extra $$ and get it fix in shop
aspire2oo6
post May 12 2011, 07:48 AM

Banned
34,712 posts

Thats the benefit of buying AP phones. Dont complain its your choice. Enjoy what you pay for. Pay less worry more. Pay more worry less
monza84
post May 12 2011, 07:58 AM

2,059 posts

Yup, its better to spend a bit more and worry less...if you guys bought it under Authorized Dealer/Service Center, i don't think this will be a problem
CoMMie
post May 12 2011, 08:23 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

Just to share the different lvl of service
I have a friend who drop his galaxy s(maxis set) while charging , luckily for him the glass was not crack just the color in LCD was distorted. So he just send in to samsung service centre and within a day they replace the whole LCD with a new one.
biscodyl
post May 12 2011, 03:04 PM

6 posts

Mine got back after 2 months and 2 weeks, around 75 days total. Have been 3 weeks since received back, so far so good.

1 of the reason stated was, item send back to Taiwan for repair cause the long delay. (I think this is because no technician & spare parts). Although received back and working good, I'm very dissapointed with the service & communication level. As others says, better spend a little more buy from authorize dealer, if have problem can get repair quickly, at least within a few days to 1 - 2 weeks NOT months.

wyejoe
post May 12 2011, 04:16 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(biscodyl @ May 12 2011, 03:04 PM)
Mine got back after 2 months and 2 weeks, around 75 days total. Have been 3 weeks since received back, so far so good.

1 of the reason stated was, item send back to Taiwan for repair cause the long delay. (I think this is because no technician & spare parts). Although received back and working good, I'm very dissapointed with the service & communication level. As others says, better spend a little more buy from authorize dealer, if have problem can get repair quickly, at least within a few days to 1 - 2 weeks NOT months.
I just want to inform about my case. I bought a 2nd hand htc desire from a friend, which was initially bought as an AP set from PdaGadgets. After 2 months the phone had problems, so I sent it back to the shop where it was bought from. For 2 months I have been chasing the shop guy but he keep giving excuses. He said Pda Gadgets said motherboard spoil, sent to China to repair, no spare part, waiting spare parts, etc... Finally I got fed up and I told him I will deal with Pda Gadget directly. So he gave me the number of the contact person in Pda Gadget. As expected, that guy also said the same shit week after week.

It's now close to 4 months, and the pda gadget guy i'm contacting even told me he no longer works there anymore and ask me to call the hotline 0133333478. Which nobody picks up.

I'm stumped what I should do now, anyone can advise me? Does anyone know where is their office that I can go directly to and deal with them?

Thanks.

aqblood
post May 13 2011, 02:17 AM

Enthusiast
704 posts

is it possible to send HTC phones bought from pda gadgets and send them to HTC service centres for repairs? mine seems like having a problem with the firmware..
ck_boon
post May 13 2011, 02:41 AM

Regular
1,882 posts

QUOTE(katyPerry @ Oct 12 2010, 02:55 AM)
I thought PDA Gadget is a quite famous AP carrier with good services ? ah , please keep us posted . I think 2 get a AP set from them , but I saw your thread . Definitely take this warranty issue into my consideration and see how they deal with your case . Warranty is a serious concern to consider about when buying things.
PDA gadget good service my ass good service~! even i dun buy from them i also known how bad reputation of them! Do u ever google around or ask around how ppl give bad comment on them?
they offer csl with cheap price i also no dare ask ppl go purchase from them
samurai1337
post May 13 2011, 08:34 AM

@_@
Group Icon
VIP
11,594 posts

SiS warranty is awesome. I sent my Desire for motherboard replacement, and it took only 3 days.

My wife's Legend is bought from PDA Gadget, touchwood nothing happens yet
CoMMie
post May 13 2011, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

this is BS, you can bring to any HP repair shop in lowyat and they can repair it on the spot

signora bianca
post May 13 2011, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(CoMMie @ May 12 2011, 08:23 AM)
Just to share the different lvl of service
I have a friend who drop his galaxy s(maxis set) while charging , luckily  for him the glass was not crack just the color in LCD was distorted. So he just send in to samsung service centre and within a day they replace the whole LCD with a new one.
hi can i ask where is the samsung service centre in PJ?
SUSanti@
post May 14 2011, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

guys, anyone deal with ismart before? any feedback about the shop?
xsaintzx
post May 14 2011, 07:20 PM

On my way
598 posts

75 days to repair a phone? Wow I think you can use that time to fix a car which is exploded by a grenade, maybe still have some spare time.
In that case I think it's easier to spend some money to get it fixed somewhere else.
Lesson of the day : PDA Gadget = NO NO doh.gif
firestonez
post May 14 2011, 09:33 PM

On my way
545 posts

QUOTE(signora bianca @ May 13 2011, 08:30 PM)
hi can i ask where is the samsung service centre in PJ?

Service Centre Map

GRD FLOOR, LOT11, JALAN 51A/219, PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR
Shehatte
post Jun 21 2011, 10:09 AM

0 posts

Just to share with all people who have had bad luck with the pda gadgets, i had sent in my HTC Incredible - S that i used for only 2months to their warranty center in ara damansara,

1) As usual, i have to fill up the form, and explain the problem with the unit.. Cannot on. I have dropped some water accidentally behind the battery.

2) i was not hoping for anything good to happen, because of the customers feedback, so i asked the so called technician how long it would take.

3) they served me a cup of coffee, and i had a chat with the technician, and he explained all the procedure that needs to be done.

(Service Center / Repair Center ) is actually in Subang Jaya ss15.. the new technician also mentioned that pda gadgets had recently been buy over by a new person, and all the team has been change around. make story short,

they apply a new policy of 3days repair guarantee. i dont expect much lo after what he say....

i send the phone on friday 17/06/2011, i think the phone is repair by thursday because saturday and sunday not working.. on monday 8PM the technician call me, he say the phone oredy repair and is no charge. i ask what the problem was, he asked me to come and show me the spoilt part, and explained to me some thing about why the phone spoilt.

i think the there new boss very strict hahahaha the technician say sunday oso have to work worr!!! :S wohahaha atleast i recieve my phone all info still have and everything look okay.
dvinez
post Jun 21 2011, 10:41 AM

Limited Edition
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Shehatte @ Jun 21 2011, 10:09 AM)
Just to share with all people who have had bad luck with the pda gadgets, i had sent in my HTC Incredible - S that i used for only 2months to their warranty center in ara damansara,
1) As usual, i have to fill up the form, and explain the problem with the unit.. Cannot on. I have dropped some water accidentally behind the battery.

2) i was not hoping for anything good to happen, because of the customers feedback, so i asked the so called technician how long it would take.

3) they served me a cup of coffee, and i had a chat with the technician, and he explained all the procedure that needs to be done.

(Service Center / Repair Center ) is actually in Subang Jaya ss15.. the new technician also mentioned that pda gadgets had recently been buy over by a new person, and all the team has been change around.  make story short,

they apply a new policy of 3days repair guarantee. i dont expect much lo after what he say....

i send the phone on friday 17/06/2011, i think the phone is repair by thursday because saturday and sunday not working..  on monday 8PM the technician call me, he say the phone oredy repair and is no charge. i ask what the problem was, he asked me to come and show me the spoilt part, and explained to me some thing about why the phone spoilt.
i think the there new boss very strict hahahaha the technician say sunday oso have to work worr!!! :S  wohahaha atleast i recieve my phone all info still have and everything look okay.
joined today..somehow i feel u are so fake
Shehatte
post Jun 21 2011, 10:50 AM

0 posts

@ Last reply hahahahaha. tq for welcome me... i am a straight up point guy, if i have opinion, why cannot join and share my experience? or this thread only for bad experience? :S i see got one person have share good experience oso before. if i break any law on here im sorry i just joining after read got bad experience with others peoples, i want to say what i get from pda gadget right after i recieve my phone from them. the person i contact is andy 013-333-3478 very helpful person to me when need repair my htc.

shadow111
post Jun 21 2011, 10:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

(Service Center / Repair Center ) is actually in Subang Jaya ss15.. the new technician also mentioned that pda gadgets had recently been buy over by a new person, and all the team has been change around.  make story short,

i send the phone on friday 17/06/2011, i think the phone is repair by thursday because saturday and sunday not working..  on monday 8PM the technician call me, he say the phone oredy repair and is no charge. i ask what the problem was, he asked me to come and show me the spoilt part, and explained to me some thing about why the phone spoilt.
i think the there new boss very strict hahahaha the technician say sunday oso have to work worr!!! :S  wohahaha atleast i recieve my phone all info still have and everything look okay.
hard to believe when the phone got problem due to water accident n they replace it free of charge for u..
Shehatte
post Jun 21 2011, 10:59 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(shadow111 @ Jun 21 2011, 10:51 AM)
hard to believe when the phone got problem due to water accident n they replace it free of charge for u..
they not replace for me the set, they repair for me got change battery connector and clean board part for me. i later reach home after work got paper say my set still have 16month warranty and the part they got replace have 18 month waranty. later i upload photo to share
dvinez
post Jun 21 2011, 11:14 AM

Limited Edition
1,473 posts

bro your explanation so detail and got photo to share somemore thumbup.gif
benny888
post Jun 21 2011, 11:44 AM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

Shehatte : thanks for sharing

Other doubting Thomas there - i think it is rude of you guys to pour cold water on him, questioning his truthfulness and authencity of hos experience. Give him benefit of the doubt

People always like to trump up bad experiences. Allow me to share mine. In 2009, I bought a AP set HTC Touch Pro from a shop in Subang Jaya ; an AP set from PDA Gadgets. A week later I found the GPS was not working well. I sent in to check . A day later I got a call from the technician saying the motherboard needs replacement. 10 days later I got it back and is FREE as still under warranty. So - there you go , mine is a good expereince with PDA Gadgets.
raul88
post Sep 4 2011, 01:57 AM

â–‘â–‘Madridista â–‘â–‘
2,261 posts

are you PdaGadgets employers?
nice dupe bro
mydragoon
post Sep 5 2011, 03:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

waiting for the photos... smile.gif

...and seriously... the technician actually gave out the phone number? wow...
vh_20
post Sep 5 2011, 04:06 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

QUOTE(anti@ @ May 14 2011, 03:23 PM)
guys, anyone deal with ismart before? any feedback about the shop?
ismart or isamart? i samart is ori provider.
fcuk90
post Sep 5 2011, 06:38 PM

ef eg ek es
7,863 posts

how about brightstar ap ?
michael9413
post Sep 5 2011, 09:44 PM

***@_@***
6,971 posts

brightstar i thought is not AP... motorola n some HTC phone is by them...
sil3ntHunt3r
post Sep 5 2011, 10:08 PM

S.H.I.E.L.D
873 posts

QUOTE(fcuk90 @ Sep 5 2011, 06:38 PM)
Brightstar is an official distributor..not AP company smile.gif
fcuk90
post Sep 7 2011, 01:12 AM

ef eg ek es
7,863 posts

QUOTE(sil3ntHunt3r @ Sep 5 2011, 10:08 PM)
Brightstar is an official distributor..not AP company smile.gif
edited

This post has been edited by fcuk90: Sep 7 2011, 01:14 AM
raul88
post Sep 7 2011, 06:17 AM

â–‘â–‘Madridista â–‘â–‘
2,261 posts

QUOTE(fcuk90 @ Sep 5 2011, 06:38 PM)
the AP is Brandstar not Brightstar
btw, why they choose name like that

like Adidas and Adibas, Nike and Nikey
rclxub.gif
mydragoon
post Sep 8 2011, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(raul88 @ Sep 7 2011, 06:17 AM)
the AP is Brandstar not Brightstar
btw, why they choose name like that

like Adidas and Adibas, Nike and Nikey
rclxub.gif
local thingy?! pensonic and panasonic.
raul88
post Sep 8 2011, 01:23 PM

â–‘â–‘Madridista â–‘â–‘
2,261 posts

not sure
but anyone got feedback on this company?

anyone who bought any AP set handphone from Brandstar can help give feedback here will be much appreciated.

thank you

will4848
post Sep 9 2011, 11:52 AM

UNKNOWN
5,520 posts

got so many scary stories.......suddenly now we got some FAIRY TALES ....even better service from ori company.....HA..HA..HA..
just wonder snow white really exist in real world ???
anechoic
post Sep 9 2011, 12:12 PM

TY
2,277 posts

haha look at his story..send on friday, phone repair by thursday.?? doh.gif doh.gif

Boy96
post Sep 10 2011, 04:11 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Gonna send my HD2 for warranty, where's the place exactly ah? I called the 013 number but no one picked up
benny888
post Sep 10 2011, 05:54 PM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Sep 10 2011, 04:11 PM)
Gonna send my HD2 for warranty, where's the place exactly ah? I called the 013 number but no one picked up
HTC center is at ground floor plaza bejaya, jln imbi
raul88
post Sep 10 2011, 07:13 PM

â–‘â–‘Madridista â–‘â–‘
2,261 posts

anyone else buying AP set (pdagadgets) handphone can give feedback here?

TSlinkinawe
post Sep 11 2011, 06:11 PM

On my way
683 posts

again, please don't buy AP again , you dont want your ass get pain ! Smart phone above Rm1.6k better get original since it is just Rm1xx 2xx more expensive than ap , but original warranty is superb. You don't want any unfortunate thing happen to the smartphone that cost you Rm1.6k above. Those low cost phone under rm1.5k can try to get AP.
SUSSimilan
post Sep 11 2011, 06:18 PM

Casual
344 posts

QUOTE(linkinawe @ Sep 11 2011, 06:11 PM)
again, please don't buy AP again , you dont want your ass get pain ! Smart phone above Rm1.6k better get original since it is just Rm1xx 2xx more expensive than ap , but original warranty is superb. You don't want any unfortunate thing happen to the smartphone that cost you Rm1.6k above. Those low cost phone under rm1.5k can try to get AP.
in general, buying from authorized distributors is better but the service level is quite inconsistent.
fortunately in malaysia, service level is not professional and whether u get nice, fast, and good service depends on the mood of the staff.

in western countries, the level of profesionalism is very high but the cost is also very high. brows.gif
benny888
post Sep 11 2011, 06:42 PM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

i buy ap most of the time, 9/10
simply cos i get it faster than waiting for official
lastly i always root n flash custom roms so warranty always void
but my experience in claiming warranty very good, how good - 100%
i succssfully make claims foc in samsung center spore for ap sets bought in kl (3 times)
twice for ap sets rooted/ flash rom at samsung plaza berjaya
once htc touchpro2 ap set at subang jaya ap reseller motherboard change foc
once at htc harbour court spore, motherboard change for u1000. set bought in kl ap set
except for the htc touchpro, i bring the set personally to service center. never trust those sellers wil do a good job n at end charge you claiming cannot claim cos warranty void
fcuk90
post Sep 11 2011, 06:53 PM

ef eg ek es
7,863 posts

& foc ? for claim apset at samsung center?
benny888
post Sep 11 2011, 07:11 PM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

QUOTE(fcuk90 @ Sep 11 2011, 06:53 PM)
& foc ? for claim apset at samsung center?
yes foc 3x a spore for kl set
foc 2x at kl plaz berjaya
all ap sets
will4848
post Sep 11 2011, 09:29 PM

UNKNOWN
5,520 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Sep 11 2011, 06:42 PM)
i succssfully make claims foc in samsung center spore  for ap sets bought in kl (3 times)
once at htc harbour court spore, motherboard change for u1000. set bought in kl ap set
except for the htc touchpro, i bring the set personally to service center. never trust those sellers wil do a good job n at end charge you claiming cannot claim cos warranty void
wah.....bro, u so terror ah ??
i got 1 china set nokia n8 lookalike..... can u help me to go to nokia centre n change to the original one ah ???
icon_rolleyes.gif
Dannyl
post Sep 13 2011, 08:05 AM

what the fucuk-yimai
6,113 posts

QUOTE(mydragoon @ Sep 5 2011, 03:43 PM)
waiting for the photos... smile.gif

...and seriously... the technician actually gave out the phone number? wow...
No need to wait, he already took 3 months to publish the photos, don't think they're coming smile.gif
mydragoon
post Sep 13 2011, 08:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Sep 11 2011, 06:42 PM)
i succssfully make claims foc in samsung center spore  for ap sets bought in kl (3 times)
maybe you are different... maybe they know you are regular customer/ vip? smile.gif
raul88
post Sep 14 2011, 05:11 AM

â–‘â–‘Madridista â–‘â–‘
2,261 posts

another sad story about AP supplier
this time is IGadgets/Asia Mobile

in summary, TS bought motorola atrix and it got some touchscreen problem
send for warranty claim for repair but the company keep delay and delay plus give excuse
after 2 months, (mind you the value of handphone drop with time) he got it back with few noticeable cosmetic damages

so that's 2 AP supplier to be avoid
PdaGadgets and IGadgets/Asia Mobile
KannaSai1
post Sep 20 2011, 08:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Jun 21 2011, 11:44 AM)
Shehatte : thanks for sharing

Other doubting Thomas there - i think it is rude of you guys to pour cold water on him, questioning his truthfulness and authencity of hos experience. Give him benefit of the doubt

People always like to trump up bad experiences. Allow me to share mine. In 2009,  I bought a AP set HTC Touch Pro from a shop in Subang Jaya ; an AP set from PDA Gadgets. A week later I found the GPS was not working well. I sent in to check . A day later I got a call from the technician saying the motherboard needs replacement. 10 days later I got it back and is FREE as still under warranty. So - there you go , mine is a good expereince with PDA Gadgets.
Confirmed fake la. come in just post 3 in this thread only.

fake tou sei!
raul88
post Sep 22 2011, 06:05 AM

â–‘â–‘Madridista â–‘â–‘
2,261 posts

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Sep 20 2011, 08:02 AM)
Confirmed fake la. come in just post 3 in this thread only.

fake tou sei!
maybe he somehow related to that company
his brother work there perhaps.. thats why he "create" story
comeundon3
post Sep 22 2011, 12:16 PM

31 posts

another sad story.........last year i bought milestone from pda gadget.........after 3month use , cannot turn on anymore ,then i send back to pda gadget warranty , i chase them like 4 month only can get back......and when it come back the condition like shxt , scratch here la , some part missing la.......i wont buy any phone from pda gadget any more
raul88
post Sep 22 2011, 07:11 PM

â–‘â–‘Madridista â–‘â–‘
2,261 posts

QUOTE(comeundon3 @ Sep 22 2011, 12:16 PM)
another sad story.........last year i bought milestone from pda gadget.........after 3month use , cannot turn on anymore ,then i send back to pda gadget warranty , i chase them like 4 month only can get back......and when it come back the condition like shxt , scratch here la , some part missing la.......i wont buy any phone from pda gadget any more
omg
why these people sohai one
want to do business but service suck to the max

maybe you should report to Ministry of domestic trade, co-operative and consumerism tribal tuntutan pengguna
or National Consumer Complaint Center pusat khidmat aduan pengguna

our awareness about consumer right is very very low compared to developed nation
I think its time for customers to step up
Boy96
post Nov 7 2011, 11:33 AM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Where is the place to send for warranty? Called the 0133333478 a dozen time no one answered
KannaSai1
post Dec 8 2011, 03:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

i google for 013-3333478 and lead me to this page!

a big "F" !

i am waiting for 2 mths for my phone which send for warranty.
mydragoon
post Dec 8 2011, 03:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Dec 8 2011, 03:47 PM)
i google for 013-3333478 and lead me to this page!

a big "F" !

i am waiting for 2 mths for my phone which send for warranty.
lol... sorry but that comment really funny... feel bad for your experience. hope you get your phone back... in good condition.
KannaSai1
post Dec 8 2011, 03:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(Shehatte @ Jun 21 2011, 10:50 AM)
@ Last reply hahahahaha. tq for welcome me... i am a straight up point guy, if i have opinion, why cannot join and share my experience? or this thread only for bad experience? :S i see got one person have share good experience oso before. if i break any law on here im sorry i just joining after read got bad experience with others peoples, i want to say what i get from pda gadget right after i recieve my phone from them. the person i contact is andy 013-333-3478 very helpful person to me when need repair my htc.
can u tell me the address ?
i keep calling this MR ANDY, his phone is off all the time.

Added on December 8, 2011, 4:02 pmthe address is

Pda Gadgets Distribution Sdn Bhd

CT-06-10, Subang Square, Jln Ss 15/4g
47500 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

izzit correct ?

This post has been edited by KannaSai1: Dec 8 2011, 04:02 PM
danielcmugen
post Dec 8 2011, 04:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

wow, so now is there any good AP company left?
KannaSai1
post Dec 8 2011, 04:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

Service centre address i obtain is

Block B , unit 807,
Oasis Ara Damansara,
PJU 1A/7A,
47301 Petaling Jaya.

fcryousukefd
post Jan 5 2012, 07:05 PM

1 posts

Hi to all Pda Gadget Customer Andy Is longer working at inside the Company anymore Pls call for 013 3333 275 Vincent Or Office Number 03-7832 2698 Thank

aqblood
post Feb 7 2012, 12:11 PM

Enthusiast
704 posts

The office number is always busy whenever i called..
are u sure the number is valid?
the service centre is located at Oasis Ara Damansara right?

jwyong001
post Feb 7 2012, 12:53 PM

Casual
312 posts

based on my experience, sme (samsung) n sis (htc) did a good job indeed..others??haha...

aqblood
post Feb 7 2012, 01:10 PM

Enthusiast
704 posts

i replaced my hd2 mobo via SIS distributor.. it took them 2days only.. lol
imran
post Feb 12 2012, 05:11 PM

Casual
312 posts

ya..i encounter same problem also..
btw, now, i know a little bit about this shop
because u all guys sharing in this thread

This post has been edited by imran: Feb 12 2012, 05:12 PM
tomguyz
post Feb 21 2012, 10:13 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(aqblood @ Feb 7 2012, 01:10 PM)
i replaced my hd2 mobo via SIS distributor.. it took them 2days only.. lol
Bro,

Why you replace ur HD2 mobo? how much it cost you?

aqblood
post Feb 21 2012, 11:21 AM

Enthusiast
704 posts

QUOTE(tomguyz @ Feb 21 2012, 10:13 AM)
Bro,

Why you replace ur HD2 mobo? how much it cost you?
One of the button malfunctioned..
so i sent it for warranty lo..
they said its the mobo faulty.. and they changed it for FREE...
maxmove2nd
post Dec 26 2012, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

Hai everybody..does anybody know the status of PDA Gadget Online....They still doing business or now Bankrupt oledi......Try call office number and the 013 number...all not active..WTF!!!!!!!
KannaSai1
post Jan 13 2016, 02:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(maxmove2nd @ Dec 26 2012, 10:07 AM)
Hai everybody..does anybody know the status of PDA Gadget Online....They still doing business or now Bankrupt oledi......Try call office number and the 013 number...all not active..WTF!!!!!!!
try this.

http://wholesalecity.com.my/contact.php

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0512sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:12 PM