125 Pages « < 58 59 60 61 62 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis iPhone Discussion Thread | V2, Strictly Rates/Plans Discussion ONLY

views

sayming
post Nov 17 2010, 03:13 AM

"Welcome, to my DEATH MACHINE, interloper!"
3,405 posts

For those on iValue 1, how do you guys usually spend your bytes?
As in how dyou segregate your 1GB quota?
Any of you leave your 3G turned on all the time?
Does turning on 3G but turning off cellular data still use data?
Cinta Laura
post Nov 17 2010, 09:03 AM

nothing last forever
946 posts

hi guys, i currently bought secondhand iphone maxis set. can i apply for the plan ?
cute_boboi
post Nov 18 2010, 11:08 AM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

QUOTE(sayming @ Nov 17 2010, 03:13 AM)
For those on iValue 1, how do you guys usually spend your bytes?
As in how dyou segregate your 1GB quota?
Any of you leave your 3G turned on all the time?
Does turning on 3G but turning off cellular data still use data?
I leave 3G on all the time. However, in work & office/school, I connect through WiFi (auto). So I do all the downloading, heavy upload/download, view video, etc. here.

When outside, then only use 3G for simple browse for text data, navigation (not google map), and other apps which consume minimal bandwidth.

I install iDataUsage, set the cut-off date, and it will aggregate it on daily basis for me, and I try to use within that limit. So far, coming 2nd month, I have not exceed 20% of my monthly data plan.

xaw5126
post Nov 18 2010, 11:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,488 posts

@ Cinta Laura : no, you need to buy iPhone from Maxis to qualify for the iPhone plans.

@ sayming : 3G on, Cell Data off = your calls will go thru the 3G network, usually better quality (in theory)
chenster
post Nov 18 2010, 11:46 AM

Regular
1,447 posts

does anyone have unreasonable charges to ur bills when u switched plans from other value plans to ivalue 100?
i get these service charges and my gprs plans are screwed up!
i even lost my free sms to my sup lines..
this is ridiculous!
Loonie2
post Nov 18 2010, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(chenster @ Nov 18 2010, 11:46 AM)
does anyone have unreasonable charges to ur bills when u switched plans from other value plans to ivalue 100?
i get these service charges and my gprs plans are screwed up!
i even lost my free sms to my sup lines..
this is ridiculous!
regarding the free sms to supp. lines, is still applicable... do call up Maxis and ask them waive the supposed free sms charges...
chenster
post Nov 18 2010, 02:39 PM

Regular
1,447 posts

i just called them..
they charge my supp line for the data twice.. useless..
last month also.. now only realised.. blardee maxis wanna cheat me RM50 each month.. kns!

another admin fees rm50 to change plan.. anyone kena this? i asked them to waive this as last time when i signed they say no additional charges!

and will check how many sms i sent to supp line and will waive that too..
i expect at least RM200++ waived!
Loonie2
post Nov 18 2010, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(chenster @ Nov 18 2010, 02:39 PM)
i just called them..
they charge my supp line for the data twice.. useless..
last month also.. now only realised.. blardee maxis wanna cheat me RM50 each month.. kns!

another admin fees rm50 to change plan.. anyone kena this? i asked them to waive this as last time when i signed they say no additional charges!

and will check how many sms i sent to supp line and will waive that too..
i expect at least RM200++ waived!
Yes, call them everyday untill they waived off the supposed free sms charges... I didn't got this admin fees, but is it previously you are using iPhone 3gs plan?? I don't think they wanna cheat you, human error i supposed..

If there didn't inform me on the admin fees for switching plan I will definitely not paying the RM50..

They can't bar my line because of this RM50.. whistling.gif ... XD
chenster
post Nov 18 2010, 04:19 PM

Regular
1,447 posts

now i received sms say my problem has been solved and rate the service from 1-5..
it is not solved yet!! until i see the fees are waived in my next bill.. i will not consider this case as closed..

previously i have 3gs plan..which still have 5 months to run.. i only get the iData plan for RM50.. now they just extend this plan and no penalty!!
but they charged me Rm50 admin fees for extending plan.. wtf?
adhoc
post Nov 18 2010, 04:44 PM

5 Star Trader
1,384 posts

Does anyone know can help me here?

I'm a Celcom user and i would like to sign the iphone 4 package with Maxis. I was told that in order to sign the iphone4 ivalue plan, we need to convert Maxis line first (any plans/prepaid) before we could sign.

This will result in double charges on plan change. Is this necessary? Why cant we just jump to ivalue plan...
don8ld
post Nov 18 2010, 04:49 PM

R.I.P Gary Moore
1,267 posts

I need to know something immediately.
I suddenly receive of message "your total bill of RM1187.00 is seriously past due........"
whats going on? I thought i signed up for unlimited data. What ??!!!
e_ti
post Nov 18 2010, 05:07 PM

Casual
336 posts

theres no such thing as unli data package..now
used to have
don8ld
post Nov 18 2010, 05:19 PM

R.I.P Gary Moore
1,267 posts

QUOTE(e_ti @ Nov 18 2010, 05:07 PM)
theres no such thing as unli data package..now
used to have
does this mean im running under no plan?
damn, i dont know what is going on? Maxis didn't say anything about canceling my plan. My bill usually was 200-300 with max data usage but suddenly i receive this 1k O.O

vmad.gif maximum rage.
xaw5126
post Nov 18 2010, 05:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,488 posts

@don8ld why can't you call your hotline? urgently? you're definitely on some plan ... you should know which one.

@adhoc go to a Maxis Center, not a partner store. you need to apply for a port-in. that means your number will only be converted *after* Celcom approves. If you owe Celcom money or you're on a contract with them, they can deny your porting request.
if approved, only then can Maxis assign you an iPhone plan + iPhone4.

some shops will try to get you to port first, cos they get conversion bonuses. what if you port out and don't get an iPhone4? you'll still be on Maxis tongue.gif
Loonie2
post Nov 18 2010, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(chenster @ Nov 18 2010, 04:19 PM)
now i received sms say my problem has been solved and rate the service from 1-5..
it is not solved yet!! until i see the fees are waived in my next bill.. i will not consider this case as closed..

previously i have 3gs plan..which still have 5 months to run.. i only get the iData plan for RM50.. now they just extend this plan and no penalty!!
but they charged me Rm50 admin fees for extending plan.. wtf?
they can waived the charges once they know is their fault..don't wait till the bill comes. ask them to waived it immediately.... then the RM50 you have to confirm with them.i also do not know..
adhoc
post Nov 19 2010, 09:39 AM

5 Star Trader
1,384 posts

QUOTE(xaw5126 @ Nov 18 2010, 05:47 PM)
@don8ld why can't you call your hotline? urgently? you're definitely on some plan ... you should know which one.

@adhoc go to a Maxis Center, not a partner store. you need to apply for a port-in. that means your number will only be converted *after* Celcom approves. If you owe Celcom money or you're on a contract with them, they can deny your porting request.
if approved, only then can Maxis assign you an iPhone plan + iPhone4.

some shops will try to get you to port first, cos they get conversion bonuses. what if you port out and don't get an iPhone4? you'll still be on Maxis tongue.gif
I was at Maxis KLCC the other day queuing up for the iphone. When it was my turn, the staff said i cant register with a Celcom number and they refer me to convert Maxis plan first. Waste my time for queuing :S

xaw5126
post Nov 19 2010, 09:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,488 posts

get a supervisor. ask her to explain why you need to port in first. I've sold Maxis iPhones before, we only process the port-in first, if OK only we sell you the phone.
cmj1982
post Nov 19 2010, 11:24 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

some question to ask...
My coursin now is Maxis ivalue 100 existing user(3Gs) wihch still under 12 months contract . And i want to use his plan to upgrade iPhone 4 for me(extened contract period). So, can i apply this without owner (my coursin) in Maxis Center? Or can i just take an authorise letter from owner?
becos he is outstation right now....
nanie
post Nov 19 2010, 03:03 PM

17 posts

hi...my contract for ivalue 1 3gs will be end january next year. i planning tu change my plan. maxis customer service told me that i cannot sign up for idata since i already register for ivalue. anyone can advise me to choose the best plan?
cute_boboi
post Nov 19 2010, 03:34 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

QUOTE(nanie @ Nov 19 2010, 03:03 PM)
hi...my contract for ivalue 1 3gs will be end january next year. i planning tu change my plan. maxis customer service told me that i cannot sign up for idata since i already register for ivalue. anyone can advise me to choose the best plan?
Either wait till next Jan, or sign up other iValue plans to add-in the contract-months.

125 Pages « < 58 59 60 61 62 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0367sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:16 PM