Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

iPad-specific Universal Apps Recommendations, Post your iPad/Universal Apps/ thoughts!

views

TSstringfellow
post Apr 30 2010, 01:48 AM, updated 13y ago

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

The iPad is coming. It is slowly, but surely, trickling down into the Malaysian market, and judging from the iPad population thread started by beavis68, it has gathered traction and momentum. The objective of this thread is to gather impressions, thoughts and/or thorough reviews of what iPad owners think about what is their most useful, most recommended, or most important, can't-live-without-it Apps in general, but specifically the iPad Apps and Universal apps, made available in the iTunes AppStore.

First up, how to get to these apps. Apps are region-specific, and seeing how iTunes has proliferated into the Malaysian market with the introduction of the Malaysian iTunes and AppStore, users from Malaysia can now purchase and enjoy applications made for their iPads from within iTunes itself. However, there are apps that are still only released to the most well-stocked and diverse region of the iTunes store, the US iTunes AppStore. As a refresher, click on THIS link to create a US iTunes account without the need of a credit card. Remember, this is not required if you are logging into into the Malaysian iTunes store, you can proceed and input your credit card details and create your Malaysian iTunes account from there.

Once that is out of the way, it is time to SHOP! You can opt to try out free versions of the available apps in iTunes by clicking their Lite versions and downloading them. These "Lite" versions are a sample or representation of what the full-paid versions are, so that it can help you decide if the apps is for you or not. However, there are cases where paid apps will reduce in price, and in some cases, be made FREE from its previous paid status. How would you know and keep track of the price reductions or free apps, you ask?

Appshopper to the rescue! Click on that link to proceed to their page tracking all the apps made available in the AppStore, in this case in the US iTunes AppStore.

]user posted image

You can either list down all the apps available or filter them down to either iPhone- or iPad specifics only.

Now, what about that Universal apps, eh?

user posted image

Well, lookie here! For this app called Soundhound, notice that PLUS (+) sign there? This indicates that it is a Universal app, which means that if you choose to purchase and download this app, it comes with both the iPad- AND iPhone-formatted version of the app. Apps without the "Universal" designation would mean that they are specific to that platform only. For iPad users, using iPhone-formatted apps will result in the app in its iPhone-size resolution, and although there is an option for pixel-doubling, the app will look pixelated due to its lower-resolution format.

How about topping up credits into your US iTunes account? You can either purchase your iTunes Gift cards from reputable sites like www.maximuscards.com, or in the Garage Sales itself, members like Skalominia here is offering purchase of these cards itself in exchange of your legal tender, your cash. The other option is to have physical iTunes Gift cards purchased for you from a friend in the States and either emailing you the codes, or passing you the physical card and doing it yourself. Please, please, please MAKE SURE that your iTunes Gift Card sellers are reputable, your account may and can be shut down by Apple and all credits deleted from that account if Apple catches you frauding on the credits purchased from sellers with shady reps, which more often than not, signified by the exorbitantly ludicrous price of their iTunes Gift Cards (*for example, selling their USD100 worth of iTunes credits for RM100*). When things are too good to be true, they usually are. Rule of thumb, never proceed with iTunes Gift card purchases that is pricetagged any less than 70% of their worth. For example, a seller selling a USD100 iTunes Gift card for RM231 (USD70 x 3.3 USD-RM exchange rate). Draw your lines there.

Accounts made? Credits stocked? What are you waiting for, let's shop!

If you like the format I used to post my impressions on my selections of apps, here is it in the spoilered section. Just copy-and-paste them into your post, and edit the info in between and post away!

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Thank you for the suggestion from DG for the idea of creating this thread. This is to cater and anticipate the oncoming queries about apps specifically on the iPad.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Apr 30 2010, 02:00 AM
TSstringfellow
post Apr 30 2010, 01:50 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

user posted image

App: iBooks
Price: FREE!
iTunes page link: iBooks
Region: US iTunes AppStore
Version: 1.0
Filesize: 18.1Mb
Requirements: iPad ONLY. OS 3.2 or later
Developer: Apple Inc.

My first recommendation for a MUST-HAVE app in the AppStore is, in fact, made by Apple. This app should be built-in for every iPads out there, but Apple chose to have it as an optional download from the AppStore. The interface is slick, and users of Delicious Library app on Mac OS X should find this app very similar to that. Gorgeous wooden shelves with your iBooks ready to be read. You can download samples, or purchase the iBooks using the same iTunes credits you have from the iTunes Gift cards. What's even better, there are literally THOUSANDS of free literary books made available in the iBookStore, just type "free" in the search window, and download away! biggrin.gif

Here's a Youtube clip showing iBooks in action!

I've start the ball rolling, feel free to post your favourite iPad-specific and/or Universal apps of your choice here. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Apr 30 2010, 02:25 AM
TSstringfellow
post Apr 30 2010, 02:25 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

user posted image

App: GoodReader for iPad
Price: USD0.99
iTunes page link: GoodReader for iPad
Version: 2.7.7
Filesize: 8.7Mb
Requirements: iPad ONLY. OS 3.2 or later. There is another version priced at USD0.99 that is for both iPad/iPhone, but low-res.
Developer: Good.iWare

An indispensible tool for those with large PDF files with reflow feature. I use this for the digital versions of my work-related manuals and flight charts, absolutely flawless reproduction and representation of the PDF files once transferred over via iTunes. To transfer via iTunes, click your iPad on the "Devices" list column, click the Apps tab, scroll down to "File Sharing", click the "GoodReader" app icon, click Add" and choose the files to be transferred into the iPad via the browser. Click "Sync" and voila! The files transfers over. you can further organize the files you have transferred over from inside the GoodReader app on the iPad itself. It also supports MS Office files .doc, .xls and .ppt, iWork files and HTML and Safari webarchives. File transfers can also be done, if supported by the download source you're downloading from, from within the built-in browser itself. Integration with MobileMe, iDisk, Google Docs and DropBox makes it even more invaluable tool!

Here is a Youtube clip of GoodReader in action!

Bear in mind, in that Youtube clip, the reviewer states the price as USD1.99. The price has since dropped to USD0.99 after enormous demand enabled the dev to drop the price down further. This app constantly swap places from #1 to #2 in the Most Popular App listing in iTunes! A MUST-HAVE!
TSstringfellow
post Apr 30 2010, 02:41 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

user posted image

App: Desktop
iTunes page link: Desktop
Version: 1.0.1
Filesize: 1.6Mb
Requirements: iPad ONLY. OS 3.2 or later.
Developer: Aqua Eagle LLC

Another valuable utility app. This app simulates desktop-like environment on your iPad, with pseudo-multitasking features of splitting the screen into two working halves(horizontal or vertical) so that you can designate what task you want to have on these two halves. Tasks available as listed by the dev are:- Web Browser, Dictionary, Calculator, Language Translator, Currency Converter, Maps, US Weather, Email, Unit Converter and Device Stats. Future Tasks to be made available with future updates include World Clock, Notepad, Compass and Battery Info. For something as cheap as 99 cents, this is literally a steal!

For what it's worth, this app would probably be obsolete once Apple releases OS4.0 with multitasking capabilities. But bear in mind that this app has all those listed Task without the need of multitasking, just simple splitscreening.

TSstringfellow
post Apr 30 2010, 02:45 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Apps, in the definition here does not only mean utilities or productivity-related apps, games, especially iPad-specific, or games taking advantage of iPad's large screen estate, impressions and reviews on these games are also most welcomed. I await to see if shahir is willing to post his thoughts on his gorgeous The Elements app, or any one of the sifus in We Rule(I'm only on Level 11 sad.gif) to post their impressions on that game as well. We Rule for example, takes the game to a whole new level, without the constraint and cramped screen on the iPhone/iPod touch.

Edoras
post Apr 30 2010, 08:53 AM

Regular
1,134 posts

I found an easier way to sync the pdf or powerpoint files in GoodReader.
Instead of click "Add", just drag and drop the files into "GoodReader Documents" window..

----------------------------------------

Another a must have app for me is the "Wallpapers"... Fantastic Wallpapers for your Home Screen and Lock Screen!

user posted image

This post has been edited by Edoras: Apr 30 2010, 08:58 AM
beavis68
post May 1 2010, 12:23 AM

I want my chicken Picata!! r u threatening me?
1,020 posts

Attached Image

App: Atomic Web
iTunes page link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/atomic-web-bro...d347929410?mt=8
Version: 2.8.0
Filesize: 1.0Mb
Developer:

Basically i find that atomic web is much better than safari.
Edoras
post May 1 2010, 08:00 PM

Regular
1,134 posts

user posted image

App: PaperDesk for iPad
Price: USD1.99
Site: http://www.mypaperdesk.com/
Region: MY iTunes AppStore
Version: 1.1
Filesize: 8.5 MB
Developer: Webspinner, LLC
Category: Productivity

I have been trying to find a good Notepad and saw quite a number of good review on this. Today, I purchased this. Not bad at all.
But I hope they can include "Password" feature in the future release.

Added on May 1, 2010, 8:07 pmuser posted image

App: MaxJournal for iPad ver 1.1
Price: USD2.99
Site: http://www.omaxmedia.com/
Region: MY iTunes AppStore
Version: 1.1
Filesize: 8.5 MB
Developer: omax media
Category: Productivity

I was hoping for the Secret Diary for iPad but they have not develop for this device yet. So, this is my next best app for diary purposes. Can insert at least 3 photos only. But the search function is quite flexible.

Added on May 5, 2010, 8:53 amIf you have tons of pdf files which normally you would like to print and made comments/annotate, I think you should get this one... iAnnotate...

user posted image

This post has been edited by Edoras: May 7 2010, 03:12 PM
keyven
post May 16 2010, 11:55 AM

Casual
373 posts

[attachmentid=1578320]
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloudreader...363484920?mt=8#

CloudReaders is a free book/comic viewer, fully optimized for iPad.

It supports PDF, CBZ, ZIP, CBR and RAR format, and faster file transfer over USB cable.

You can switch between western-style (left to right) and eastern-style (right to left) easily.

CloudReaders also comes with a "cloud bookshelf", where you can download public domain books and comics for free (the number of books is small at this moment, but we are going to add a lot of books soon).

Those books on "cloud" bookshelf are books prepared by volunteers and supporters, which include public domain PDF books optimized for iPad screen as well as free or sample publications provided by authors and publishers.

user posted image

This post has been edited by keyven: May 16 2010, 12:01 PM
Cristiano-Ronaldo-7
post May 19 2010, 10:39 PM

Regular
1,396 posts

QUOTE(keyven @ May 16 2010, 11:55 AM)
[attachmentid=1578320]
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloudreader...363484920?mt=8#

CloudReaders is a free book/comic viewer, fully optimized for iPad.

It supports PDF, CBZ, ZIP, CBR and RAR format, and faster file transfer over USB cable.

You can switch between western-style (left to right) and eastern-style (right to left) easily.
CloudReaders also comes with a "cloud bookshelf", where you can download public domain books and comics for free (the number of books is small at this moment, but we are going to add a lot of books soon).

Those books on "cloud" bookshelf are books prepared by volunteers and supporters, which include public domain PDF books optimized for iPad screen as well as free or sample publications provided by authors and publishers.

user posted image
woah have you tried this yet?

some how alot of my revision books i've dl-ed are also in .CHM which is the worst format out there in my opinion. but glad to see some some .cbr readers.

hope to see my wifi 32gb come soon.
keyven
post May 20 2010, 11:08 AM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(Cristiano-Ronaldo-7 @ May 19 2010, 10:39 PM)
woah have you tried this yet?

some how alot of my revision books i've dl-ed are also in .CHM which is the worst format out there in my opinion. but glad to see some some .cbr readers.

hope to see my wifi 32gb come soon.
I am using it regularly. For PDF files, this is the fastest ever browser biggrin.gif

vassalle
post May 29 2010, 11:18 PM

On my way
610 posts

QUOTE(beavis68 @ May 1 2010, 12:23 AM)
[attachmentid=]
App: Atomic Web
iTunes page link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/atomic-web-bro...d347929410?mt=8
Version: 2.8.0
Filesize: 1.0Mb
Developer:
Basically i find that atomic web is much better than safari.
+1 here.. Think it's really worth the rm 3.30. The adblocker alone is worth that! Highly recommended thumbup.gif
abu_muadz
post Jun 10 2010, 11:17 AM

15 posts

Since I like photography, the most shall i say eye-opening iPad apps for me is The Guardian Eyewitness

user posted image
abrellm
post Jun 12 2010, 01:37 PM

46 posts

Just got my iPad 2 days ago and having tons of fun with it. I tried this free internet radio app called accuradio and thought I shared with with the folks here.

The iTunes link is http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...=351425453&mt=8

been trying to post this according to the proposed format on the ipad and find that it is quite hard to do that. smile.gif I just realized we can't even upload pictures to this site using the Add Attachment function. smile.gif

abu_muadz
post Jun 12 2010, 06:32 PM

15 posts

Another worth mentioning apps is Zinio apps where you can browse magazines such as Nat Geo, Popular Photography, etc before you buy.

Available in US itunes. Free.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by abu_muadz: Jun 12 2010, 06:32 PM
loon1983
post Jun 28 2010, 11:20 PM

Regular
1,205 posts

Hi, anyone here know how to make our safari can download stuff when surfing?

Any software can open zip or rar files?

Thanks!!
benny888
post Jun 29 2010, 09:36 AM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

QUOTE(loon1983 @ Jun 28 2010, 11:20 PM)
Hi, anyone here know how to make our safari can download stuff when surfing?

Any software can open zip or rar files?

Thanks!!
I know Goodreader can be use for certain files eg PDF, mp3. It is unlikely Apple will offer a full solution to this.

Added on June 29, 2010, 9:39 amGoodreader can open zip files too.

This post has been edited by benny888: Jun 29 2010, 09:39 AM
loon1983
post Jun 29 2010, 09:52 AM

Regular
1,205 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:36 AM)
I know Goodreader can be use for certain files eg PDF, mp3. It is unlikely Apple will offer a full solution to this.

Added on June 29, 2010, 9:39 amGoodreader can open zip files too.
Ic. But anywhere make safari can download? Need install any software?
Cause my safari only can save picture when surfing... icon_question.gif

Ppl can come see my sp picture here...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=13074483&id=806445415

Btw, anywhere iPad to upload pictures to photobucket? hmm.gif
benny888
post Jun 29 2010, 11:23 AM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

QUOTE(loon1983 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:52 AM)
Ic. But anywhere make safari can download? Need install any software?
Cause my safari only can save picture when surfing... icon_question.gif
When you are on Safari, just select copy the link and open it on new page. Select download ; you will be ask to select option where to download the zip file - in my iPad it gave me 3 choices : Cloudreader, Goodreader and FileHD

Goodreader costs only US0.99 !!! If you want free version try Goodreader lite - never did cos full version only US99 cents! Cloudreader and FileHD is free

This post has been edited by benny888: Jun 29 2010, 11:25 AM
lhongwuh
post Jun 29 2010, 06:25 PM

~stary stary nite~
1,991 posts

QUOTE(loon1983 @ Jun 29 2010, 04:08 PM)

reallign la. If problem persist, means the SP is oversized..
benny888
post Jun 29 2010, 06:35 PM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

Screen protector not well applied ??

Did you try Twitterrific ??? Latest ver have this function to upload media files
MrHoh
post Jun 29 2010, 06:40 PM

16 posts

There's an official iPad app for Photobucket. CLICK HERE
loon1983
post Jun 30 2010, 01:37 AM

Regular
1,205 posts

Yes all dude here... Finally sp done after allightment n photo bucket also can use nicely... Thanks a lot!!
zorocaster
post Jul 3 2010, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

I have a US iTunes Promo Code to give away for Theseus HD. I reviewed the iPhone version of the game and it was pretty good. The developer gave me the promo code for the new version on the iPad but since I don't have an iPad, I'm giving it out over here.

Screenshot:

Do note that I've only got ONE promo code, so it's first come first serve. Kindly PM me for the Promo Code. Thanks.

You can check out the game at the following iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/theseus-hd/id379184697?mt=8

Link to my original review of Theseus on iPhone: http://www.nineoverten.com/2010/04/23/thes...honeipod-touch/

Link to press release for Theseus HD: http://www.nineoverten.com/2010/07/03/ipho...-over-for-ipad/
beavis68
post Jul 3 2010, 09:21 AM

I want my chicken Picata!! r u threatening me?
1,020 posts

QUOTE(zorocaster @ Jul 3 2010, 09:13 AM)
I have a US iTunes Promo Code to give away for Theseus HD. I reviewed the iPhone version of the game and it was pretty good. The developer gave me the promo code for the new version on the iPad but since I don't have an iPad, I'm giving it out over here.

Screenshot:

Do note that I've only got ONE promo code, so it's first come first serve. Kindly PM me for the Promo Code. Thanks.

You can check out the game at the following iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/theseus-hd/id379184697?mt=8

Link to my original review of Theseus on iPhone: http://www.nineoverten.com/2010/04/23/thes...honeipod-touch/

Link to press release for Theseus HD: http://www.nineoverten.com/2010/07/03/ipho...-over-for-ipad/
Kindly PM me for the Promo Code. Thanks.
ibnjam
post Jul 6 2010, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is an apps to store all your research paper references, especially those who are doing PhD. A bit on the expensive side, but I guess worth buying since will be starting my graduate studies soon.
icedlink
post Jul 29 2010, 10:55 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

user posted image

App: Flickpad
iTunes page link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flickpad/id358635466?mt=8

this is a very nice app to browse facebook pictures !!!

Added on July 29, 2010, 10:58 pmnews and info -
npr
news pro
yahoo entertainment

rssfeeds-
news wall

This post has been edited by icedlink: Jul 29 2010, 10:58 PM
guitarleo
post Aug 16 2010, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

App: OPlayer HD
Price: $4.99
iTunes page link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/oplayer-hd/id373236724?mt=8
Region: MY
Version: V1.0.05
Filesize: 24.7 MB
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later.
Developer: olimsoft

This player did play RMVB files. I normally do play with RMVB files, so this software really suit me well. No complaint so far. I like this.
leongtat
post Aug 16 2010, 01:42 PM

Enthusiast
950 posts

QUOTE(guitarleo @ Aug 16 2010, 11:23 AM)
App: OPlayer HD
Price: $4.99
iTunes page link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/oplayer-hd/id373236724?mt=8
Version: V1.0.05
Filesize: 24.7 MB
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later.
Developer: olimsoft

This player did play RMVB files. I normally do play with RMVB files, so this software really suit me well. No complaint so far. I like this.
still laggy ler... not so smooth...

arthurlwf
post Aug 30 2010, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

Anybody can share his/her top 5 iPad favorite apps?

Thanks notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
p/s: for me, I'm still going through the apps at the moment
timothyy
post Sep 15 2010, 12:04 PM

Do Not Underestimate the "Pawa" of the Dark Side
4,504 posts

If you buy shares and wanna check how much you earn or loss, some business news, and keep track of all your shares...
Bloomberg is good. It is free. So, your share prices only updated after 20 minutes. I like it. To search for your share code is easy. To add also easy. And you can get any share code from all over the world. Singapore, USA, UK, Hong Kong...

Another one I like is Zinio. It is a virtual magazine software. So, if you used to buy a lot of imported magazine... including Penthouse and Playboy, you can easily get your digital copy here. I got US Maxim for USD8.99 for 12 issues! My credit card charged me RM26.xx for this. Ha! Ha! So, RM2.20 each issue.
Playboy and Penthouse kinda magazine more expensive la. He! He!

One more...
TeamViewer.
This is a very simply application to set up for computer illiterate like me. It is free for private use but they say if for company use, you need to buy it.
This software is for you to access to your laptop, pc, imac and control it from anywhere in the world. Meaning you don't need to bring your heavy laptop when you are on work travelling. You still can access to your computer and get some document and send it out as long as your laptop or PC is connected to the internet and your ipad is connected to the internet. This is when 3G comes in handy.
There are many similar software like this but seems like this is the easiest to set up compared to others.

AfiqLikesFender
post Sep 16 2010, 05:51 AM

31 posts

QUOTE(arthurlwf @ Aug 30 2010, 02:23 PM)
Anybody can share his/her top 5 iPad favorite apps?

Thanks notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
p/s: for me, I'm still going through the apps at the moment
This isn't a 'top 5' but I'll list down my favorite apps for each category.

RSS reader - Pulse News Reader and FLUD works best for me. Simple and fluid, especially the former. Also get Times if you prefer the 'newspaper' view.

Facebook - Friendly Facebook Browser's my current favorite, especially notable for viewing photos on FB. I quite like Social as well but it's too Flipboard-y for me.

Games - Scrabble and Plants VS Zombies are must-haves. The infinite replay value alone justifies the asking price for me. Geometry Wars : Touch and Labyrinth 2 are also noteworthy mentions. For more than casual gaming, I'd recommend Monkey Island 2 : LeChuck's Revenge and the recently-released GTA: Chinatown Wars.

Photos - Wide Angle is pretty awesome, along with the free Guardian Eyewitness. Thousands of hi-res photos from around the world.

Media - StreamToMe, a PC-to- iPad media streaming application and CineXPlayer, for easy video transfers to iPad.

These come to mind when I think of 'favorites'. smile.gif
bidfordun
post Sep 21 2010, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,234 posts

just curious, is there any free or cheap app where i can use to view microsoft office files like word, powerpoint and excel files?

Im just looking to view those files on ipad without the need to alter the file so any suggestion?

on the other hand, does good reader support microsoft office 2008 files like docx file? not stated in the site.

Added on September 21, 2010, 10:37 pmFor those who have goodreader, does goodreader support microsoft officr 2008 files? Not stated in the website,

For those who have goodreader, does it support microsoft office 2008 files?

Moderators Note: DO NOT DOUBLE POST !!!!!!!!!!!
lhongwuh
post Sep 22 2010, 09:15 PM

~stary stary nite~
1,991 posts

QUOTE(bidfordun @ Sep 21 2010, 10:46 PM)
I'm using "Docum...2Free", viewing office '08 files without any issue + it's free.
The app "USB Disk" enabled me to copy my docs into my ipad and once again '08 files are readable.
NXaqua
post Sep 25 2010, 10:26 PM

Enthusiast
914 posts

Hi guys,

Just downloaded Zinio n it's good as mentioned but seems they took out the 'adult' section which contain Playboy and Penthouse mag from iPad.

TechnoDude94
post Sep 25 2010, 11:45 PM

Happiness Advocate
6,738 posts

@NXaqua: AFAIK, Uncle Steve is against pornography hence no "Playboy" allowed.
shumaky
post Sep 26 2010, 12:32 AM

PS what.?
2,706 posts

Friendly the FB app in on sale now. $.99
bulp
post Sep 28 2010, 09:19 AM

Getting Started
126 posts

Tired of running around everywhere? Waiting in long queues?

Don’t go to the bank; let the CIMB BANK come to you.

get CIMB CLICK IPad Apps for FREE

This post has been edited by bulp: Sep 29 2010, 12:40 AM
terencetoo
post Sep 29 2010, 11:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,246 posts

hie guys...

I had installed Cloudreader...but i encounter a wired prob i wonder is this normal
My pdf contains 100 over pages..and is kind of slow when i flip through a few pages say page 3 onwards will lag while loading the page.

Does Goodreader have this prob as well?

Any password protected application?

Tks
lohchlcm
post Oct 2 2010, 09:11 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(bidfordun @ Sep 21 2010, 10:46 PM)
Goodreader does support MS Office latest file format, docx/xlsx/pptx.

It just released an update yesterday and now it support PDF annotation. It's only US$0.99 and you will never regret getting it. Unfortunately, it is not an universal app.

I recommend Stash Pro which can store media files, docs etc. for viewing/playing and restrict unauthorized access with multilevel of permission.
terencetoo
post Oct 2 2010, 01:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,246 posts

ya Goodreader is indeed awesome!
it seems promotion going end soon.
It just release latest version on 30/9/10..

I would say is much better than Cloudreader...with password protected, sorting out files/folders, preview...

I have one question for those who use Goodreader...
Let say I create 1 password under "Folder and Test"..

e.g. I have 4 folders
Folder 1: I entered 1 universal password and it works...
Folder 2: It should be "Lock" because i didnt key in any password but the weird thing is Folder 3,4 also able to bypass?

How do i set each folders also require password to enter?
**Guess there's only 1 Universal password require for "Folder" options?

AfiqLikesFender
post Oct 2 2010, 08:52 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(NXaqua @ Sep 25 2010, 10:26 PM)
Hi guys,

Just downloaded Zinio n it's good as mentioned but seems they took out the 'adult' section which contain Playboy and Penthouse mag from iPad.
Apple's official policy is to never allow apps which contain explicit nudity. Which is sensible because the App Store would've been overrun with porn, I'm pretty sure. You'd have better luck with the Android platform, if that's the kinda thing you're looking for. brows.gif
Phonzy
post Oct 2 2010, 09:34 PM

On my way
517 posts

i think flipster is pretty awesome...makes your fb and twitter look like newspaper smile.gif
terencetoo
post Oct 10 2010, 04:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,246 posts

yup downloaded flipboard is quite good but sometimes there are too many things to see smile.gif too colourful IMO tongue.gif

^Edited

This post has been edited by terencetoo: Oct 10 2010, 06:18 PM
xandman
post Oct 10 2010, 04:54 PM

When Darkness is the only Light U See.
7,214 posts

u guys refering to flipboard rite?

terencetoo
post Oct 10 2010, 06:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,246 posts

Sorry edited.
Yeah im referring to Flipboard...sometime is kind a hard to spot who is the sender of the post on the facebook @ Flipboard....smile.gif Is useful if u have time to browse page by page...under the newspaper interface...
NXaqua
post Oct 11 2010, 12:28 AM

Enthusiast
914 posts

QUOTE(AfiqLikesFender @ Oct 2 2010, 08:52 PM)
Apple's official policy is to never allow apps which contain explicit nudity. Which is sensible because the App Store would've been overrun with porn, I'm pretty sure. You'd have better luck with the Android platform, if that's the kinda thing you're looking for.  brows.gif
Not really :-). Only just to satisfy my curiosity cause seen real live more than enough over my nearby neighboring country hahaha
icemessenger
post Oct 14 2010, 08:42 PM

Regular
1,031 posts

I love iBooks. I use it to read comic and magazine during meeting.

U know, meeting is boring. Hehe
limyusiong
post Oct 14 2010, 09:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,813 posts

any comic in chinese????
Amanda99
post Oct 16 2010, 02:41 AM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(icemessenger @ Oct 14 2010, 08:42 PM)
I love iBooks. I use it to read comic and magazine during meeting.

U know, meeting is boring. Hehe
but the ibooks store seems kind of limited...not that many variety of books...really wish they'd improve on that. unsure.gif
vahre5165
post Oct 16 2010, 09:19 AM

46 posts

any recommendation on an app tht lets u view an offline page?

dloaded readitlater but its a major pain
it wont work the mobile version of the page
eg things behind tab will not be shown unless online

wanna try instapaper but it just turn the page into readable page
kinda bore for me
justinnkb
post Oct 22 2010, 01:53 PM

8 posts

Can anyone tel me how to instal apps from itunes US?
I've registered to M'sia itunes n would like to know can i register in US itunes as well? icon_question.gif
for the moment, it keeps preventing me to instal apps fr US n bc to M'sia acc.
marky
post Oct 22 2010, 04:17 PM

xoxo
886 posts

QUOTE(justinnkb @ Oct 22 2010, 01:53 PM)
Can anyone tel me how to instal apps from itunes US?
I've registered to M'sia itunes n would like to know can i register in US itunes as well?  icon_question.gif
for the moment, it keeps preventing me to instal apps fr US n bc to M'sia acc.
go settings> store> sign out

then register a US account and log in =)
leongteng5
post Oct 23 2010, 10:34 PM

27 posts

Guys are there any apps for iPad to organize tournaments?
Vanda
post Oct 28 2010, 02:24 PM

5 posts

Hey guys, im currently using goodreader. but i have a problem. Im an engineering student and when i open to view my notes some equations and units dont pop up. Just blanks and boxes. So do u guys know any other app that can view all these things? sad.gif
nickygin
post Oct 28 2010, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Amanda99 @ Oct 16 2010, 02:41 AM)
but the ibooks store seems kind of limited...not that many variety of books...really wish they'd improve on that.  unsure.gif
Actually you can purchase/ download your book from other places other than bookstore. Just ensure that they are either in "epub" or "PDF" format.

bidfordun
post Oct 29 2010, 12:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,234 posts

QUOTE(Vanda @ Oct 28 2010, 02:24 PM)
Hey guys, im currently using goodreader. but i have a problem. Im an engineering student and when i open to view my notes some equations and units dont pop up. Just blanks and boxes. So do u guys know any other app that can view all these things? sad.gif
i used to encounter this problem, but i figure out i can solve this problem by converting the files into pdf. then all are crystal clear.
myjunk
post Oct 30 2010, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,446 posts

Dudes all.. I've been looking for something WAY better than stream2me/airvideo/zumo etc, and I've found it..

it's called BUZZ Player. It's DARN cool man.

I can stream direct from my home server(linux) w/o doing any transcoding. It uses the SMB://URL/File address type and it's just plain COOL!.

No need to copy any files to Ipad for @home streaming. It can even do WIFI copy of Video files directly into the iPad for On-The-Road viewing if you so choose.

BEST..BEST..BEST...

zerko
post Nov 2 2010, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

There is an app called Pressreader. Those who enjoy reading newspapers from all over the world will enjoy it.
You can choose newspapers from over 90 countries and it is all full-edition.
Initially you get 5/6 (can't remember) free newspaper to download. Thereafter its 0.99 per edition.
ps. go to UK newspapers for sample brows.gif
cscheat
post Nov 3 2010, 09:36 AM

V.V.I.P member
1,260 posts

try reeder for ipad... very good to read all my news feeds smile.gif
nickygin
post Nov 7 2010, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

Hi i'm looking for a good video converter for iPad. Been using AirServer for a while until something went wrong... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Sorry, i meant Air Video smile.gif

This post has been edited by nickygin: Nov 7 2010, 11:14 PM
m3lv
post Nov 8 2010, 01:38 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(nickygin @ Nov 7 2010, 11:05 PM)
Hi i'm looking for a good video converter for iPad. Been using AirServer for a while until something went wrong... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

try Zumocast
killer_pussylover
post Nov 8 2010, 06:52 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

Thanks in advance

How abt Handbrake?
nickygin
post Nov 8 2010, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up buying cinexplayer. I must say that I am really enjoying the ease of transfer and the viewing quality which was very smooth and clear.. smile.gif
zerko
post Nov 9 2010, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Thanks in advance

Air Video still works well for me. Yours "something went wrong" - did you update your PC Air Video Server program on your PC after the recent update of the APP on Ipad ?
nickygin
post Nov 10 2010, 02:25 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(zerko @ Nov 9 2010, 03:08 PM)
Air Video still works well for me. Yours "something went wrong" - did you update your PC Air Video Server program on your PC after the recent update of the APP on Ipad ?
No I didn't update my iPad since I got it. I think I must have cause some connection problems when I installed my new antivirus on my pc.
economist
post Nov 10 2010, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

Some apps to consider

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372157,00.asp
destroyer
post Nov 12 2010, 08:21 PM

Gila Makan!
1,624 posts

just wanna ask. anybody here use gps apps for ur guys ipad? what is the suggested apps?
cscheat
post Nov 13 2010, 02:10 PM

V.V.I.P member
1,260 posts

QUOTE(destroyer @ Nov 12 2010, 08:21 PM)
just wanna ask. anybody here use gps apps for ur guys ipad? what is the suggested apps?
TRY PAPAGO !!! very nice !!!
destroyer
post Nov 13 2010, 03:36 PM

Gila Makan!
1,624 posts

QUOTE(cscheat @ Nov 13 2010, 02:10 PM)
TRY PAPAGO !!! very nice !!!
thank you very much for your suggestion. will try it. btw, it's using a-gps or direct from satellite?
gerogelow88
post Nov 23 2010, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

Hey to all sifu and users. Anyone have a reliable MSN application for Ipad or iphone whitch can do group chat
drool.gif
mamakap
post Nov 23 2010, 10:42 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(gerogelow88 @ Nov 23 2010, 09:08 PM)
Hey to all sifu and users. Anyone have a reliable MSN application for Ipad or iphone whitch can do group chat
drool.gif
You can try IM+ or Beejive both are pay apps. There a lite version of IM+ which is free. Currently using IM+ so far so good for me.
Cristiano-Ronaldo-7
post Nov 24 2010, 12:43 AM

Regular
1,396 posts

has anyone dl-ed Myst the game? i cant remember the game, i played it as a kid. but the light version doesn't allow me to actually complete the game right?
gerogelow88
post Nov 24 2010, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

What i mean is Permanent group chat like the picture below.

Attached Image
mamakap
post Nov 24 2010, 11:36 AM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(gerogelow88 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:18 AM)
What i mean is Permanent group chat like the picture below.

Attached Image
Then try IM+ it have group chat.
nickygin
post Nov 27 2010, 03:40 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

Hi. Any recommendations for cataloging my movie collections? smile.gif

Thanks in advance
Sniperwolf1987
post Nov 27 2010, 10:49 PM

 No iPhone No Life 
1,251 posts

user posted image

Sketch pro sample
bem69
post Nov 28 2010, 02:18 PM

K-Bem
2,557 posts

Get Sketchbook Pro at $0.99 now biggrin.gif
reiki_longtime
post Nov 28 2010, 02:51 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

So many apps on sales~ wub.gif
dinodog_Jr
post Nov 30 2010, 11:44 PM

I am not a dog
3,813 posts

hi guys,

Anyone managed to buy RAGE HD outside of US itunes store?

I am using SG itunes store. i don't know how to buy through US itunes store.

The game looks awesome indeed. wish to have it!.

KUTTY
post Dec 2 2010, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

i need an application recommendation for viewing Malaysian Live Stock Quotes. any suggestions?
Ndrew
post Dec 4 2010, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

Hey guys, what app do u use to view n edit word, excel, and PowerPoint files? Any one using quick office or documents to go? How izzit compared to iWork? Thanks!
thija96
post Dec 6 2010, 10:53 AM

25 posts

Hey guys,

i got 32gb wireless model ipad. can i use this for map application on car? is there any software on which i can share my 3g internet from my iphone with my wireless ipad?
karwaidotnet
post Dec 7 2010, 04:04 PM

come near me and i'll bam bam U...
1,353 posts

any recoommendation for an apps to send/receive sms fr other normal handphone?
jphlau
post Dec 9 2010, 09:04 AM

Regular
1,202 posts

QUOTE(Ndrew @ Dec 4 2010, 06:50 PM)
Hey guys, what app do u use to view n edit word, excel, and PowerPoint files? Any one using quick office or documents to go? How izzit compared to iWork? Thanks!
I use pages and numbers. Cost a lot though...

Added on December 9, 2010, 9:06 am
QUOTE(thija96 @ Dec 6 2010, 10:53 AM)
Hey guys,

i got 32gb wireless model ipad.  can i use this for map application on car? is there any  software on which i can share my 3g internet from my iphone with my wireless ipad?
you cant share your 3g internet from your iphone to your ipad legally.
For wireless model, there is no gps chip, so i think you can only use google map.

This post has been edited by jphlau: Dec 9 2010, 09:06 AM
kakulukia
post Dec 24 2010, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
187 posts

I'm using numbers which i find very good, but its USD 9.99 for a spreadsheet(excel).
Cm_mu
post Dec 25 2010, 10:54 PM

0 posts

Hi bros,

May I know which app can view and edit microsoft excel n words?

Thanks and regards

Cm_Mu

berry123
post Dec 27 2010, 09:48 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(KUTTY @ Dec 2 2010, 06:50 PM)
i need an application recommendation for viewing Malaysian Live Stock Quotes. any suggestions?
i use free apps - bloomberg..

can try cimb clicks
eric138
post Jan 6 2011, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

Got myself an ipad recently...

I have some questions regards video playing..

CineXplayer is better or BUZZ player HD?

if i'm using BUZZ player, is that means i jus save any RMVB/AVI/MPEG video file in my ipad and play it without any conversion needed?
pmsoo
post Jan 6 2011, 08:51 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(eric138 @ Jan 6 2011, 06:57 PM)
Got myself an ipad recently...

I have some questions regards video playing..

CineXplayer is better or BUZZ player HD?

if i'm using BUZZ player, is that means i jus save any RMVB/AVI/MPEG video file in my ipad and play it without any conversion needed?
I would prefer Buzz player HD over CineXplayer

Yes, just transfer without converting. Not rmvb though

However, please try VLC first. It is free and it works for me.

Cheers
eric138
post Jan 7 2011, 03:58 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(pmsoo @ Jan 6 2011, 08:51 PM)
I would prefer Buzz player HD over CineXplayer

Yes, just transfer without converting. Not rmvb though

However, please try VLC first. It is free and it works for me.

Cheers
what is VLC?

and the thing is how i transfer all the video files into ipad? itune don allow me to put in other video format though..
pmsoo
post Jan 7 2011, 04:19 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(eric138 @ Jan 7 2011, 03:58 PM)
what is VLC?

and the thing is how i transfer all the video files into ipad? itune don allow me to put in other video format though..
iPad can only accept mp4 files (even then it needs to be in the right frame size, e.g. not all HD mp4 can enter iPad without being converted first)

VLC is a popular media player for Mac/Pc. It recently launched a iPad app so you can transfer your avi files through iTunes to your iPad.
eric138
post Jan 7 2011, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(pmsoo @ Jan 7 2011, 04:19 PM)
iPad can only accept mp4 files (even then it needs to be in the right frame size, e.g. not all HD mp4 can enter iPad without being converted first)

VLC is a popular media player for Mac/Pc. It recently launched a iPad app so you can transfer your avi files through iTunes to your iPad.
I downloaded VLC in my ipad, do i need to download any PC version is my computer so that i could transfer the file into ipad?
xda2
post Jan 9 2011, 09:45 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

Sadly VLC is no more available in the app store. It is an excellent video player. No conversions required. What's the best video player to be used on the ipad that you guys recommend ?
Jing-leBelle
post Jan 10 2011, 09:42 AM

Very New Member
2,003 posts

Im using the original player.
Any diff when using other player? I mean CineXplayer/VLC.
No need convert ar?
pmsoo
post Jan 10 2011, 05:36 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(eric138 @ Jan 7 2011, 07:06 PM)
I downloaded VLC in my ipad, do i need to download any PC version is my computer so that i could transfer the file into ipad?
Im sorry, What xda2 said is true. VLC is no longer available? Weird..

Anyways if you really did download the VLC app, you can see it under your app tab in itunes under your iPad profile.

just drag it into the VLC column.

Yes, you dont need to convert the avi files.

No, you don't need the pc version.

shadow_gouken
post Feb 8 2011, 11:07 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(pmsoo @ Jan 10 2011, 05:36 PM)
Im sorry, What xda2 said is true. VLC is no longer available? Weird..

Anyways if you really did download the VLC app, you can see it under your app tab in itunes under your iPad profile.

just drag it into the VLC column.

Yes, you dont need to convert the avi files.

No, you don't need the pc version.
VLC already been remove from app store. Just bought a new game call Dungeon defenders, great game but still buggy. Occasionally still crash when start game. tongue.gif
taptranslate
post Feb 16 2011, 06:04 AM

1 posts

Translation app with one killer feature: integration with Safari.

Tap-Translate isthe first translation app that can integrate with the Safari browser.
It allows to translate words by tapping them while browsing the web as usual.
No need for manual typing, copy-pasting or switching apps.
Translation of phrases, paragraphs and the full web page are also supported as well as hearing the translate words.
It supports 56 languages.
Universal app that works with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Download here: http://bit.ly/TapTranslate

Watch a video: http://bit.ly/tapdemo

user posted image

butaIT
post Feb 21 2011, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

If you need a great video converter for Ipad then I'll recommend Freemake Video Converter, the best free converter u can find on the planet.

With very very simple and intuitive UI, u just have to try this. And quite fast too. Just choose input type (video, audio, DVD...) and output (Apple [Ipad, Ipod, Iphone], mp3, youtube, MP4, WMV, SWF, MPEG, Android, MKV, Playstation...).

Download here http://www.freemake.com/

This post has been edited by butaIT: Feb 21 2011, 06:00 PM
drexar
post Feb 27 2011, 09:12 PM

Drexar21.my
718 posts

QUOTE(butaIT @ Feb 21 2011, 05:59 PM)
If you need a great video converter for Ipad then I'll recommend Freemake Video Converter, the best free converter u can find on the planet.

With very very simple and intuitive UI, u just have to try this. And quite fast too. Just choose input type (video, audio, DVD...) and output (Apple [Ipad, Ipod, Iphone], mp3, youtube, MP4, WMV,  SWF, MPEG, Android, MKV, Playstation...).

Download here http://www.freemake.com/
Thx for the recommendation smile.gif
kuntaker
post Mar 11 2011, 08:44 PM

React!
1,008 posts

Hi, wanna ask, does Ipad come with the Icalendar apps?
or the icalendar apps need to be bought?
invest2229
post Mar 12 2011, 04:07 PM

On my way
615 posts

Want to know any good software for me to manage my photo album in IPAD ?

Notice Apple's standard 'Photos' not allow me to group or create the subfolder.
What I want is to create the subfolder so I can group my photo.

I tested using IFILES and it allow me to create the subfolder as I wanted, but notice
when browsing the photo through build-in "Image Viewer", it actually a bit lagging
if to compare browsing the photo using standard 'Photos' application.

KHOdin
post Mar 12 2011, 08:41 PM

7 Stars Newbie
2,927 posts

which MSN apps is the best currently tried a few feel like not so friendly ...
dinodog_Jr
post Mar 17 2011, 05:16 PM

I am not a dog
3,813 posts

QUOTE(invest2229 @ Mar 12 2011, 04:07 PM)
Want to know any good software for me to manage my photo album in IPAD ?

Notice Apple's standard 'Photos' not allow me to group or create the subfolder.
What I want is to create the subfolder so I can group my photo.

I tested using IFILES and it allow me to create the subfolder as I wanted, but notice
when browsing the photo through build-in "Image Viewer", it actually a bit lagging
if to compare browsing the photo using standard 'Photos' application.
i bought two photo apps which allow for create subfolders .

Badly, slideshow render image is a tad slower than iphoto.

After that, i gave up using those apps.

Due to imported every pieces of images, the filename will becomes "untitled". I need to manually rename it on ipad. haha..

Tried it and using iPhoto again without any subfolders anymore.

This post has been edited by dinodog_Jr: Mar 17 2011, 05:17 PM
baretta
post Apr 9 2011, 04:27 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

Bing for ipad rawkksss
makaveli
post Apr 9 2011, 05:06 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,484 posts

Guys,friendly for iPad totally sucks now days.
Total hang and apps stall.
Anyone knows other apps then this friendly for iPad ?

KHOdin
post Apr 11 2011, 01:22 PM

7 Stars Newbie
2,927 posts

try myPad? i think the UI is better than friendly...
but i still using safari to browse facebook...
dinodog_Jr
post Apr 11 2011, 11:49 PM

I am not a dog
3,813 posts

Guys,
Hope this will helps someone have the similar thought like me out there.

StreamToMe. USD2.99

It allow to stream pictures, music & movies.

A short review after 20mins usage,
I feel movies streaming still not smooth depends on the file size and file format.
Short clips is working fine.

Music streaming from your Mac/Pc is a cool thing i always wanted to have on ipad. (high sound quality as your original file format) So far, streaming music to ipad is very smooth... very well done and happy with the performance.

Pictures viewing is a bit slow rendering but at least it is workable than using Teamviewer to do the job. (Its bearable due to the convenient).
No need to save ALL pictures to the ipad anymore.

Before that, I had only Air Video but it only allow to stream videos.
makaveli
post Apr 12 2011, 12:59 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,484 posts

QUOTE(KHOdin @ Apr 11 2011, 01:22 PM)
try myPad?  i think the UI is better than friendly...
but i still using safari to browse facebook...
Oh ya.just downloaded.Thanks for the compliment.Will try out.
Jing-leBelle
post Apr 12 2011, 01:58 PM

Very New Member
2,003 posts

QUOTE(makaveli @ Apr 9 2011, 05:06 PM)
Guys,friendly for iPad totally sucks now days.
Total hang and apps stall.
Anyone knows other apps then this friendly for iPad ?
I feel the same thing too, switched to Friended recently. So far still okay.
TechnoBoy
post Apr 12 2011, 07:06 PM

6 posts

newbie here...can i use whatsapp n talkbox for my ipad?

adhoc
post Apr 12 2011, 09:27 PM

5 Star Trader
1,384 posts

QUOTE(TechnoBoy @ Apr 12 2011, 07:06 PM)
newbie here...can i use whatsapp n talkbox for my ipad?
Yes, you can smile.gif
Homerun
post Apr 13 2011, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

ipad wifi model also can use watsapp? or must be with 3G model?
fivewinning
post Apr 14 2011, 02:18 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

I know ipad has this ibook feature. if we were to read, we have to buy ebook from their store. can i know how's the price of the ebook in their store? never used it before, so i'd like to know bout it. thanks in advance.
suns8630
post Apr 14 2011, 02:28 PM

Regular
1,104 posts

QUOTE(fivewinning @ Apr 14 2011, 02:18 PM)
I know ipad has this ibook feature. if we were to read, we have to buy ebook from their store. can i know how's the price of the ebook in their store? never used it before, so i'd like to know bout it. thanks in advance.
you need a itunes account ..first ...

then download the software of ibook .. to your ipad ...

as for the $$$$ for the books ..well ..it ranges from USD 1.99 to USD over hundred ..depending on titles laaah ...

and also some "FREE" books available ...

I suggest you download the ibook software to your ipad ..and give a try try ..

fivewinning
post Apr 14 2011, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

can i know the price of the books in ibook app? in order to read in ipad? is it cheaper than the book we buy in book store and all? thanks
Jarod
post Apr 15 2011, 12:11 PM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(Homerun @ Apr 13 2011, 08:41 PM)
ipad wifi model also can use watsapp? or must be with 3G model?
i don't think so. i tried to sync whatsapp to my ipad2, it gave error say cannot sync.
Sniperwolf1987
post Apr 15 2011, 02:55 PM

 No iPhone No Life 
1,251 posts

For any of you using 'Friendly' in iPad, please try to restart ur device after installed the latest update. If not, Friendly = SUCKS !! After restart, Friendly = BEST GILAA !

Added on April 15, 2011, 3:02 pm
QUOTE(Jing-leBelle @ Jan 10 2011, 09:42 AM)
Im using the original player.
Any diff when using other player? I mean CineXplayer/VLC.
No need convert ar?
yes, no need to convert .. direct transfer.
But the best video apps i have is .... " Azul Media Player '' !! Smooth, Password Lock, Nice UI !!

This post has been edited by Sniperwolf1987: Apr 15 2011, 03:02 PM
KHOdin
post Apr 20 2011, 05:12 PM

7 Stars Newbie
2,927 posts

any one use PPTV apps to steam movie ? i found that is kinda slow on my iPad but works well on my laptop any solution ?
eye
post Apr 22 2011, 12:02 PM

Regular
1,166 posts

Dead Space for ipad .. easter sale .. @ 0.99 only ... grab quickly

Final Fantasy III for ipad ... launched USD16.99 .. runs well on ipad .. brought back lots of good memories biggrin.gif

Ooops . so sorry this section is for apps, my apology .... i was over excited.

This post has been edited by eye: Apr 22 2011, 12:16 PM
karwaidotnet
post Apr 26 2011, 05:33 PM

come near me and i'll bam bam U...
1,353 posts

can recommend me an app that not just can view email but also can store it inside ipad for offline view...something like outlook personal folder...
merchant9
post Apr 28 2011, 12:12 AM

On my way
628 posts

Can recommend me any app that check for movie time in TGV / GSC Malaysia?
waggygee
post Apr 30 2011, 04:29 AM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(merchant9 @ Apr 28 2011, 12:12 AM)
Can recommend me any app that check for movie time in TGV / GSC Malaysia?
Theres a free app called MaxisMovies
baretta
post May 1 2011, 12:44 AM

Regular
1,853 posts

For movie player, avplayer HD is the best. Support dual core. Compared with azul, and xoom honeycomb for mkv format. Avplayer play smoothly, while others have lagging, choppy etc.
gocitygo
post May 1 2011, 05:43 AM

Casual
397 posts

For free movie player, can try yxplayer2 lite. Also support MKV and file copy via iTunes thumbup.gif

Not 100% smooth cry.gif . Hopefully will resolve in next Ver update.
waggygee
post May 1 2011, 09:52 AM

Casual
499 posts

Fileaid is what I use
009haru
post May 1 2011, 01:57 PM

33 posts

ANY TAPSONIC PLAYERS? biggrin.gif
baretta
post May 1 2011, 02:14 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

QUOTE(gocitygo @ May 1 2011, 05:43 AM)
For free movie player, can try yxplayer2 lite.  Also support MKV and file copy via iTunes  thumbup.gif

Not 100% smooth  cry.gif .  Hopefully will resolve in next Ver update.
Avplayerhd only usd2.99 only lor..transfer via usb or wifi
H2O3
post May 1 2011, 04:00 PM

43 posts

is there any apps that can let us type chinese in the ipad?
gocitygo
post May 1 2011, 09:22 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(baretta @ May 1 2011, 02:14 PM)
Avplayerhd only usd2.99 only lor..transfer via usb or wifi
So far you encounter any lagging on MKV files with AvplayerHD?

I don't mind to pay USD2.99. drool.gif

waggygee
post May 1 2011, 09:39 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(gocitygo @ May 1 2011, 09:22 PM)
So far you encounter any lagging on MKV files with AvplayerHD?

I don't mind to pay USD2.99.  drool.gif
i havent had any lag issues... been using it since friday morning
gocitygo
post May 1 2011, 09:44 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(waggygee @ May 1 2011, 09:39 PM)
wow. great. icon_rolleyes.gif
this is really poison. drool.gif
downloading now rclxms.gif

Added on May 1, 2011, 10:27 pmTested some MKV files. Awesome player.

Playing HD movie on Ipad2 is simply a amazing. Dual core A5 rules.

To those going to buy Ipad2, make sure get the higher storage capacity.

This post has been edited by gocitygo: May 1 2011, 10:27 PM
xenohawk
post May 1 2011, 10:29 PM

Enthusiast
990 posts

For me, AVPlayerHD can play 720P no lag mostly and 1080P really depends on the video, some I can play smoothly:

It's so far the only app that can support embedded subtitles in MKV biggrin.gif Hurray for all my anime fansubs in mkv, save me the hassle of converting and time.

This post has been edited by xenohawk: May 1 2011, 10:33 PM
baretta
post May 1 2011, 11:11 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

On honeycomb, mkv play like shittttttt and not support HD........plus point for ipad2 user. Hhahahahahahah.
-Max91-
post May 1 2011, 11:55 PM

On my way
526 posts

guys...which is the best apps for Facebook??? i tried Friendly, Facely HD and MyPad....all like same only =.= and also.....all cannot go play FB games...haihz...no flash
baretta
post May 2 2011, 12:20 AM

Regular
1,853 posts

QUOTE(-Max91- @ May 1 2011, 11:55 PM)
guys...which is the best apps for Facebook??? i tried Friendly, Facely HD and MyPad....all like same only =.= and also.....all cannot go play FB games...haihz...no flash
U really want play FB games? Trade ur ipad2 with my xoom. 3g only....mau ka?..
-Max91-
post May 2 2011, 12:33 AM

On my way
526 posts

meaning there's no way ipad can play fb games?? how bout normal function like chat?
zXJaMeSXz
post May 2 2011, 12:43 AM

On my way
670 posts

Is there an app that allows me to clear my memory in one tap?
baretta
post May 2 2011, 01:15 AM

Regular
1,853 posts

QUOTE(-Max91- @ May 2 2011, 12:33 AM)
meaning there's no way ipad can play fb games?? how bout normal function like chat?
Chat no problem

Added on May 2, 2011, 1:16 am
QUOTE(zXJaMeSXz @ May 2 2011, 12:43 AM)
Is there an app that allows me to clear my memory in one tap?
U can try system manager

This post has been edited by baretta: May 2 2011, 01:16 AM
deadman8836
post May 2 2011, 05:25 AM

Casual
463 posts

Hey bro, have you tried playing rmvb files?
waggygee
post May 2 2011, 05:35 AM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(deadman8836 @ May 2 2011, 05:25 AM)
Hey bro, have you tried playing rmvb files?
Not yet, il give them a try later when i get to my pc.

By the way, a nice app I'd suggest you guys try is Flipboard, its real nice for facebook, twitter, flickr and news

Added on May 2, 2011, 5:40 amIs there a list of iPad users gamecentre IDs here? I dont have a single contact on gamecentre, i wana see what it does

This post has been edited by waggygee: May 2 2011, 05:40 AM
deadman8836
post May 2 2011, 10:57 AM

Casual
463 posts

@waggygee thanks bro. Awaiting to hear your review.
waggygee
post May 2 2011, 02:32 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(deadman8836 @ May 2 2011, 10:57 AM)
@waggygee thanks bro. Awaiting to hear your review.
I just downloaded some random rmvb files I found online. heres what I got:

file1
name: Will I Am & Nicki Minaj-Check It Out[2010](HD 1920x1080).rmvb
resolution:1920x1080
file size: 102.97mb
verdict: laggy, hardly watchable IMO

file2
Name: Naruto-001.rmvb
resolution: 640x480
file size: 37.68mb
verdict: theres some lag for the first few seconds it opens after that there is just a little bit lag/choppyness here and there but overall, its watchable

This post has been edited by waggygee: May 2 2011, 02:33 PM
zXJaMeSXz
post May 2 2011, 02:37 PM

On my way
670 posts

QUOTE(baretta @ May 2 2011, 01:15 AM)
U can try system manager
If I recall, System Manager do not have the function to clear all memory in one action....
baretta
post May 2 2011, 03:35 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

QUOTE(zXJaMeSXz @ May 2 2011, 02:37 PM)
If I recall, System Manager do not have the function to clear all memory in one action....
Clear some memory but not kill task
OKLY
post May 2 2011, 04:12 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

So what games do you guys usually have in the iPad? I've already been downloading quite a number of games as well as purchasing some hot ones or those with discounts at the moment even when I haven't gotten my iPad 2 yet. laugh.gif
deadman8836
post May 2 2011, 09:02 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(waggygee @ May 2 2011, 02:32 PM)
I just downloaded some random rmvb files I found online. heres what I got:

file1
name: Will I Am & Nicki Minaj-Check It Out[2010](HD 1920x1080).rmvb
resolution:1920x1080
file size: 102.97mb
verdict: laggy, hardly watchable IMO

file2
Name: Naruto-001.rmvb
resolution: 640x480
file size: 37.68mb
verdict: theres some lag for the first few seconds it opens after that there is just a little bit lag/choppyness here and there but overall, its watchable
Then I guess it should be alright then huh? I am going to get iPad 2 equipped with AVPlayerHD as a media player for me to watch movie/anime/TVB series while I'm on the run.... And most of my files are on either MKV or RMVB format.... I really appreciated your effort to the extend of downloading the files just for the review purposes... Thank you!
waggygee
post May 2 2011, 09:12 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(deadman8836 @ May 2 2011, 09:02 PM)
Then I guess it should be alright then huh? I am going to get iPad 2 equipped with AVPlayerHD as a media player for me to watch movie/anime/TVB series while I'm on the run.... And most of my files are on either MKV or RMVB format.... I really appreciated your effort to the extend of downloading the files just for the review purposes... Thank you!
any time. its a cool app to have, I really like the wireless transfering the app offers too
OKLY
post May 3 2011, 09:20 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

Just bought my iPad and I have already purchased about 20 apps now. Gotta control.. sweat.gif
fox_shinoda
post May 4 2011, 11:39 PM

Enthusiast
965 posts

QUOTE(OKLY @ May 3 2011, 09:20 PM)
Just bought my iPad and I have already purchased about 20 apps now. Gotta control.. sweat.gif
ever since I got my iPad 2 last friday, bought

Plant vs zombie
Back to the future the game Episode 1 (love this game)
Infinity Blade
GarageBand

the rest is free apps biggrin.gif
Mgsrulz
post May 5 2011, 01:31 AM

30 years of Metal Gear
All Stars
14,258 posts

QUOTE(OKLY @ May 3 2011, 09:20 PM)
laugh.gif I've only had my iPad 2 for about two weeks,but never once bought an app/game from the app store...just wait til it goes free or try to win promo codes tongue.gif
waggygee
post May 5 2011, 06:56 AM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(fox_shinoda @ May 4 2011, 11:39 PM)
ever since I got my iPad 2 last friday, bought

Plant vs zombie
Back to the future the game Episode 1 (love this game)
Infinity Blade
GarageBand

the rest is free apps  biggrin.gif
What level are you on in infinity blade? Im 42 now
fox_shinoda
post May 5 2011, 11:46 AM

Enthusiast
965 posts

QUOTE(waggygee @ May 5 2011, 06:56 AM)
What level are you on in infinity blade? Im 42 now
Just got to Lvl 8 tongue.gif
OKLY
post May 5 2011, 12:34 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

QUOTE(deadman8836 @ May 2 2011, 09:02 PM)
I have many RMVB files at 720p as well, this player decent enough to handle?
yeahh
post May 6 2011, 04:30 PM

Not enough stars :(
1,715 posts

im using iphone and i use cinexplayer on that ...

but just got my ipad2. was wondering whether i shud get cinexplayer or oplayer or avplayer? im talking about the ipad version of apps here smile.gif
OKLY
post May 6 2011, 10:41 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

Yea, Flipboard is quite a cool app to have but depends on your usage and preference as well.
tabs
post May 6 2011, 10:41 PM

Gadget Siao @@
2,586 posts

want to ask free apps/ paid application that similar like ifile that u can use it? for camera kit like transfer data through pen drive?
D-Tourist
post May 6 2011, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

1) any recommendation of nice apps available in US and not m'sia.
2) btw, any discount aps to recommend?
ozak
post May 7 2011, 03:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(yeahh @ May 6 2011, 04:30 PM)
im using iphone and i use cinexplayer on that ...

but just got my ipad2. was wondering whether i shud get cinexplayer or oplayer or avplayer? im talking about the ipad version of apps here smile.gif
Oplayer can't handle some mkv or avi file. Out sync. So far avplayerhd is the best.
D-Tourist
post May 8 2011, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

Just found a apps Next which is free this mothers day weekend? Anyone used before? Is it useful?

Anyone knows of any good apps which now free for limited time

psyeo
post May 8 2011, 12:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,602 posts

Hopefully AVPlayer HD will include full screen video output through the apple HDMI AV adapter in the next update too, instead of just mirroring
azrilyp
post May 9 2011, 12:29 AM

Enthusiast
741 posts

anyone interested in Remote Desktop? On sale rite now

Splashtop
momobear
post May 10 2011, 12:24 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(OKLY @ May 5 2011, 12:34 PM)
I have many RMVB files at 720p as well, this player decent enough to handle?
Hav av player hd on my ipad2, purposely bought for rmvb file aft seeing lots of gd reviews.
Played wif 1280p even 720p, but the audio is lagging, doesn't match wif video... cry.gif
Can anyone help? icon_question.gif
Jarod
post May 10 2011, 08:54 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(azrilyp @ May 9 2011, 12:29 AM)
anyone interested in Remote Desktop? On sale rite now

Splashtop
I'm using IRDesktop. I like it and it's free.
deadman8836
post May 10 2011, 05:38 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(momobear @ May 10 2011, 12:24 AM)
Hav av player hd on my ipad2, purposely bought for rmvb file aft seeing lots of gd reviews.
Played wif 1280p even 720p, but the audio is lagging, doesn't match wif video...  cry.gif
Hey bro, your RMVB files are in 1280p and 720p during the test out? I am planning to buy AVPlayerHD for the sole purpose of my TVB drama on RMVB format too....
fox_shinoda
post May 10 2011, 10:13 PM

Enthusiast
965 posts

I've just defeat the last boss for Infinity Blade on level 21, did you guys got the Infinity Blade sword at the end? cause I did not get it
munak991
post May 10 2011, 11:35 PM

ZONIC!
2,732 posts

QUOTE(xenohawk @ May 1 2011, 10:29 PM)
For me, AVPlayerHD can play 720P no lag mostly and 1080P really depends on the video, some I can play smoothly:

It's so far the only app that can support embedded subtitles in MKV biggrin.gif Hurray for all my anime fansubs in mkv, save me the hassle of converting and time.
i played 1080p smooth, played 720p smooth.
use what? USB Disk
merchant9
post May 11 2011, 04:21 PM

On my way
628 posts

Recommend me a FREE .docx / .xlsx viewer on iPad 2! If can edit, is even better! Or a PDF reader will do too! smile.gif

This post has been edited by merchant9: May 11 2011, 04:44 PM
baretta
post May 11 2011, 11:13 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

QUOTE(psyeo @ May 8 2011, 12:56 PM)
Hopefully AVPlayer HD will include full screen video output through the apple HDMI AV adapter in the next update too, instead of just mirroring
I hope too, can save battery

Added on May 11, 2011, 11:16 pm
QUOTE(momobear @ May 10 2011, 12:24 AM)
Played wif 1280p even 720p, but the audio is lagging, doesn't match wif video...  cry.gif
I dont have that problem with 720p, no yet testing 1280p....

This post has been edited by baretta: May 11 2011, 11:16 PM
waggygee
post May 12 2011, 07:01 AM

Casual
499 posts

Hey guys, check appshopper. There are several games reduced from prices like USD7.99 down to USD0.99
yeahh
post May 12 2011, 09:29 AM

Not enough stars :(
1,715 posts

QUOTE(baretta @ May 11 2011, 11:13 PM)
I hope too, can save battery

Added on May 11, 2011, 11:16 pm

I dont have that problem with 720p, no yet testing 1280p....
actually if its 720p isnt it clear enough on that screen? y would u need 1080p vids somemore? this is of course my own judgment smile.gif

think im just gonna go get the avplayer then smile.gif cheerios

and yah i would like to know if there is any apps rite for purpose of stock count? i want a calculator and a note writing app side by side. is that possible? dont want to jump from one app to another.

but i guess the multigesture thing would help ... IF its on iPad2
aeiou228
post May 12 2011, 04:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,830 posts

I just installed YES life into my Ipad2. Now my Ipad2 Wifi is half mobile phone already. I can call and receive both voice and sms just like a mobile phone as long as I have internet access.
The call quality was choppy and due to that I have to repeat what I said 2 to 3 times thus the cost of 9sen per min call also need to x 2 to 3 times.

This post has been edited by aeiou228: May 12 2011, 04:39 PM
celciuz
post May 14 2011, 09:20 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

Just got my iPad yesterday, on iPhone there's official FB app, but for iPad which is the best? Or at least your favorite?
waggygee
post May 14 2011, 09:34 AM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ May 14 2011, 09:20 AM)
Just got my iPad yesterday, on iPhone there's official FB app, but for iPad which is the best? Or at least your favorite?
I prefer just using Safari (but doesnt allow picture uploading). I think the most popular apps are MyPad and Friendly but I personally dont really like them too much
celciuz
post May 14 2011, 10:38 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(waggygee @ May 14 2011, 09:34 AM)
I prefer just using Safari (but doesnt allow picture uploading). I think the most popular apps are MyPad and Friendly but I personally dont really like them too much
But Safari does not support using FB Chat right? But now also integrated to message... guess I might just stick to Safari perhaps.
munak991
post May 14 2011, 10:45 AM

ZONIC!
2,732 posts

For the fb apps to upload photo use Iloader very nice =)
But for the fb use safari is good enough it is Brit like iPhone version it's is like com version
waggygee
post May 14 2011, 11:09 AM

Casual
499 posts

Theres an app called facebook screener, its the usually browser facebook but it allows you to upload pics and stuff. For chats, i use imo or im+
munak991
post May 14 2011, 02:31 PM

ZONIC!
2,732 posts

Guys try Sketchbook express.

really Really Nice

user posted image

http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/sketchbook-...d410871280?mt=8

added URL

This post has been edited by munak991: May 14 2011, 02:32 PM
sereneli1388
post May 15 2011, 11:56 AM

2 posts

Anyone used Keynote or Pages before? I need apps that can design powerpoint and do word processing...
Any apps can view swf files?
Thanks.
ozak
post May 15 2011, 12:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

Maybe you can hit over here http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1871085 to have a better answer.
D-Tourist
post May 15 2011, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(munak991 @ May 14 2011, 02:31 PM)
Guys try Sketchbook express.

really Really Nice

user posted image

http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/sketchbook-...d410871280?mt=8

added URL
Yeah nice apps thanks for the info

jimmykhoo
post May 18 2011, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

curious on what others have on their ipad 2....can share here thanks

This post has been edited by jimmykhoo: May 18 2011, 04:35 PM
samlee860407
post May 18 2011, 01:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,625 posts

after owning it for like 2 days +

now only reeder, mangablade, ibook and dooland

gona install 1 of the office app soon, and dropbox
jimmykhoo
post May 18 2011, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

same here...i just got mine 3 days ago n still lookinf for nice n free apps to install.....
[Raven]
post May 18 2011, 02:24 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

djay is a cool app to play with, but with a hefty price, USD20
jimmykhoo
post May 18 2011, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

how thats mahal....just curious...can we copy games from others ipad?
sidewinderz
post May 18 2011, 02:32 PM

Long Live UV!!!
3,966 posts

QUOTE(jimmykhoo @ May 18 2011, 02:28 PM)
how thats mahal....just curious...can we copy games from others ipad?
yeap you can...but whether your friend allows you or not as apps can be associated with a maximum of 5 ipads if not mistaken...
jimmykhoo
post May 18 2011, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(sidewinderz @ May 18 2011, 02:32 PM)
yeap you can...but whether your friend allows you or not as apps can be associated with a maximum of 5 ipads if not mistaken...
if fren is not allowed to do so then its not a fren vmad.gif
lightning69
post May 18 2011, 05:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,290 posts

Get Flipboard ... its the best app for the ipad. Must have and its FREE!!!
Joelles
post May 18 2011, 08:01 PM

@Call me Uncle@
1,355 posts

"Friendly" for Facebook, "Free Calculator", "TagDisk HD", "DocsToGo".....lots
Ah hao
post May 18 2011, 08:12 PM

Regular
1,619 posts

its easy, just DL APPSTART, then done rclxm9.gif
ExCrIpT
post May 18 2011, 08:29 PM

Regular
1,665 posts

Apps shopper is a must, to check on apps that has deals
jimmykhoo
post May 18 2011, 09:04 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(lightning69 @ May 18 2011, 05:47 PM)
Get Flipboard ...  its the best app for the ipad.  Must have and its FREE!!!
not really understand the usage haha but its FREEEEE

Added on May 18, 2011, 9:17 pm
QUOTE(Ah hao @ May 18 2011, 08:12 PM)
its easy, just DL APPSTART, then done rclxm9.gif
nicely recon.... rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by jimmykhoo: May 18 2011, 09:17 PM
xerexz
post May 18 2011, 10:31 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(sidewinderz @ May 18 2011, 02:32 PM)
how?
Assclown
post May 18 2011, 10:35 PM

On my way
647 posts

myPad, Flipboard, and AppShopper
samlee860407
post May 18 2011, 11:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,625 posts

just get appshopper too! biggrin.gif
crx_100
post May 18 2011, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Mine are alqibla, Perfectpdfmini, doc2go, app tracker, emoji, dataspy, jumi1, whatsapp,USB disk (for iPad). More to fill, hahaha
cool2.gif
samlee860407
post May 18 2011, 11:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,625 posts

QUOTE(crx_100 @ May 18 2011, 11:03 PM)
Mine are alqibla, Perfectpdfmini, doc2go, app tracker, emoji, dataspy, jumi1, whatsapp,USB disk (for iPad). More to fill, hahaha
cool2.gif
ehhh whatsapp can be use on ipad? must jb only can use rite (to get the old version or blah)
neobita
post May 18 2011, 11:47 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(samlee860407 @ May 18 2011, 11:36 PM)
ehhh whatsapp can be use on ipad? must jb only can use rite (to get the old version or blah)
I sure hope whatsapp can be use for ipad... this would make it more enjoyable to chat without worrying about $$ whistling.gif
Bit
post May 18 2011, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

just got my ipad this afternoon, seems like i can't find garageband or iMovie apps inside. Do we need to purchase it?
fox_shinoda
post May 18 2011, 11:59 PM

Enthusiast
965 posts

QUOTE(Bit @ May 18 2011, 11:48 PM)
just got my ipad this afternoon, seems like i can't find garageband or iMovie apps inside. Do we need to purchase it?
it is sold separately biggrin.gif you need to buy it.. i did tongue.gif

bare in mind that iMovie is only meant for video that is capture using iPad, iPad 2, iPhone and iPod touch.. for other video, you need to convert it first to the compatible format then only it will be able to be detected, sigh...

This post has been edited by fox_shinoda: May 19 2011, 12:01 AM
Bit
post May 19 2011, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

weird...at first it say these 2 appa are preloaded with ipad 2. kena tipu...haha
Khimmyz
post May 19 2011, 12:30 AM

41 posts

Must Buy- Infinity Blade and Real Racing 2 HD.
JohnnyBeGud
post May 19 2011, 01:32 AM

Getting Started
290 posts

QUOTE(fox_shinoda @ May 18 2011, 11:59 PM)
it is sold separately  biggrin.gif  you need to buy it.. i did  tongue.gif

bare in mind that iMovie is only meant for video that is capture using iPad, iPad 2, iPhone and iPod touch.. for other video, you need to convert it first to the compatible format then only it will be able to be detected, sigh...
You bought garageband too? Can we make ringtones for iphone like garageband in Mac?
jimmykhoo
post May 19 2011, 03:31 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(Bit @ May 18 2011, 11:48 PM)
congrats rclxms.gif yup u have to purchase the garageband no choice blush.gif

Added on May 19, 2011, 3:33 amthe free games r very tempting..after play a while then lock n ask for purchase...siennnnnnnnnnnnnn....now need to apply credit card ....or become credit card agent also not bad haha

This post has been edited by jimmykhoo: May 19 2011, 03:33 AM
ixiel
post May 19 2011, 06:52 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

Filebrowser. Can access pc or mac shared folders via wifi. Can stream videos too
samlee860407
post May 19 2011, 07:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,625 posts

QUOTE(Bit @ May 19 2011, 12:03 AM)
weird...at first it say these 2 appa are preloaded with ipad 2. kena tipu...haha
Where is ur source for "at first is say these 2 app are preloaded in ipad2"? smile.gif

jimmykhoo
post May 19 2011, 09:04 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(ixiel @ May 19 2011, 06:52 AM)
Filebrowser. Can access pc or mac shared folders via wifi. Can stream videos too
should try this out....interesting hmm.gif
zonan4
post May 19 2011, 10:18 AM

On my way
547 posts

Buy iwork.... Pages numbers....
jimmykhoo
post May 19 2011, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

try igobeat HD...very addictive

Added on May 19, 2011, 3:25 pmthe more free apps the better...so share any goods free apps here plz.....

This post has been edited by jimmykhoo: May 19 2011, 03:25 PM
devabby
post May 20 2011, 05:45 PM

On my way
672 posts

Any recommend PDF reader support dictionary and highlightnand free.
noobie123
post May 21 2011, 01:29 PM

| aM CK Hon!!
1,341 posts

QUOTE(jimmykhoo @ May 19 2011, 03:23 PM)
try igobeat HD...very addictive

Added on May 19, 2011, 3:25 pmthe more free apps the better...so share any goods free apps here plz.....
Nice....!!!
jimmykhoo
post May 23 2011, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

what free weather apps is good?

Added on May 24, 2011, 12:26 amtry pocket frog..very colourful games...i like i like

This post has been edited by jimmykhoo: May 24 2011, 12:26 AM
narutokun87
post May 24 2011, 06:18 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(devabby @ May 20 2011, 05:45 PM)
Any recommend PDF reader support dictionary and highlightnand free.
Try Goodreader
fox_shinoda
post May 24 2011, 09:26 PM

Enthusiast
965 posts

QUOTE(JohnnyBeGud @ May 19 2011, 01:32 AM)
You bought garageband too? Can we make ringtones for iphone like garageband in Mac?
not sure, since I only use GarageBand to play piano smile.gif
narf03
post May 26 2011, 03:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,545 posts

Any free software for playing video files from network(NAS)? Have to remember that the HDD space in ipad is very very expensive. thank you.
tarm
post May 26 2011, 03:42 PM

Enthusiast
804 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ May 26 2011, 03:33 AM)
Any free software for playing video files from network(NAS)? Have to remember that the HDD space in ipad is very very expensive. thank you.
No free media streamer (think so), but using Buzz Player HD (usd 3.99). Smooth for streaming SD video from my NAS, but a bit choppy when streaming 720p vids.
zonan4
post May 27 2011, 04:03 PM

On my way
547 posts

If u are a technical person there is a console cable for router from redmark... They also have serial console cable but no one bulding hyper terminal emulator apps for it... If not most of engineer and technical personnel will surely buy ipad just because of it....
jimmykhoo
post May 28 2011, 10:22 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

talking tom 2 is out..check it out
yeane
post May 29 2011, 10:53 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

i hv bought pvz yesterday by maybank card, but i found tht my card was charged extra RM 1 something for nothing, can i know whether this happen to u guy too?
andrekua
post May 29 2011, 01:34 PM

NO!!! IT'S HIM!!!
3,887 posts

Splash top Remote Desktop available for 0.99 for a limited time.

Can stream video (better quality than AirVideo) and control your desktop via local network or even Internet (need gmail).
baretta
post May 29 2011, 09:53 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

Just install ichromy web browser...UI like google chrome....price? Freeeeee maaaa
evrythincool
post May 31 2011, 12:49 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Ya, iChromy works exactly like the real one. One good thing is you can also save the web page for offline viewing on the browser itself. And also the "open in background tab" works great too smile.gif

I think it's free for a limited time only. Get one quick biggrin.gif
munak991
post Jun 1 2011, 02:37 AM

ZONIC!
2,732 posts

QUOTE(baretta @ May 29 2011, 09:53 PM)
Just install ichromy web browser...UI like google chrome....price? Freeeeee maaaa
Awesome, but only 1 thing how to clear history?
nickygin
post Jun 1 2011, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

Is there any way I can hide my applications without jailbreaking my device? For example I want to hide my daily expenses and journal apps so that anyone who borrows my device can't 'accidentally' open them.

Thanks

This post has been edited by nickygin: Jun 1 2011, 10:12 AM
Da-heck
post Jun 1 2011, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
284 posts

can you recommend the best stock market application for the ipad?
can see the charts, the highs lows.. etc..

malaysian stock market and also .. the US stock market?
ty
ozak
post Jun 1 2011, 11:43 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

bloomberg
shah05
post Jun 1 2011, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

iPad noob question here..want to ask if iPad have theme?? And what app should I get if I can changed the theme..Thanks.
Jarod
post Jun 2 2011, 10:15 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(shah05 @ Jun 1 2011, 08:29 PM)
iPad noob question here..want to ask if iPad have theme??  And what app should I get if I can changed the theme..Thanks.
all you can do is change the wallpaper unless you jb.
shah05
post Jun 2 2011, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

already jb it..
jimmykhoo
post Jun 2 2011, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(shah05 @ Jun 2 2011, 11:14 AM)
already jb it..
what ver?
shah05
post Jun 2 2011, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

i jb my ipad 1 on 4.3.3 version
@rleng
post Jun 3 2011, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(munak991 @ Jun 1 2011, 02:37 AM)
Awesome, but only 1 thing how to clear history?
Totally agree with you... No way to clear history/ cache. So it's a big NO for me. I'm using atomic web browser now, quite good with a lot of extra features, 99c.
aberrant80
post Jun 4 2011, 09:20 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

Deleted.

This post has been edited by aberrant80: Jun 4 2011, 09:21 AM
mastering89
post Jun 5 2011, 09:41 PM

miao miao
2,545 posts

is there any free apps to upload pics to flickr???
jassicaskylpm
post Jun 5 2011, 10:38 PM

Casual
373 posts

Attached Image

cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif Sifu's ....Help.......... doh.gif
aretla
post Jun 8 2011, 06:35 PM

o\n_n/o
713 posts

QUOTE(neobita @ May 18 2011, 11:47 PM)
I sure hope whatsapp can be use for ipad... this would make it more enjoyable to chat without worrying about $$  whistling.gif
if i buy wifi version..i cannot use whatsapp in ipad??
munak991
post Jun 9 2011, 01:36 AM

ZONIC!
2,732 posts

QUOTE(aretla @ Jun 8 2011, 06:35 PM)
if i buy wifi version..i cannot use whatsapp in ipad??
Wifi or 3G whatsapp been remove from iPad platform
-Max91-
post Jun 10 2011, 08:40 PM

On my way
526 posts

swt....guys any skype apps for ipad? cant seem to find, only got for iphone...

merchant9
post Jun 11 2011, 12:19 AM

On my way
628 posts

Is it possible for us to download YouTube movie clip into our iPad? Or just the music even...?
munak991
post Jun 11 2011, 11:38 PM

ZONIC!
2,732 posts

QUOTE(-Max91- @ Jun 10 2011, 08:40 PM)
swt....guys any skype apps for ipad? cant seem to find, only got for iphone...
i dont know u can try im+ it can go with skype too
KHOdin
post Jun 12 2011, 05:43 PM

7 Stars Newbie
2,927 posts

but IM+ only for chatting right ? cant make calls....
munak991
post Jun 13 2011, 12:12 PM

ZONIC!
2,732 posts

QUOTE(KHOdin @ Jun 12 2011, 05:43 PM)
but IM+ only for chatting right ? cant make calls....
Hmmmm really?

But the skype apps for iphone is convineient enough right?

KHOdin
post Jun 13 2011, 06:38 PM

7 Stars Newbie
2,927 posts

yea i am using that for calls too...usually i dont webcam plus that i am using ipad one....tongue.gif
eric336
post Jun 13 2011, 09:52 PM

18 posts

What is the app that allows me to keep pdf files nicely and in accordance to order? I know there is iBook, but I wanna keep iBook solely for books.
ozak
post Jun 13 2011, 11:05 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

Cloud reader to tag it. It is like folder.
devabby
post Jun 14 2011, 12:10 AM

On my way
672 posts

QUOTE(eric336 @ Jun 13 2011, 09:52 PM)
What is the app that allows me to keep pdf files nicely and in accordance to order? I know there is iBook, but I wanna keep iBook solely for books.
goodreader i think
jimmykhoo
post Jun 14 2011, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

try planetary..nice way to play ur song
pierrecool
post Jun 15 2011, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

any1 can recommend which apps for pdf viewing and can jotting notes on it? after that the writting wont disappear 1 or can save as new file with those notes.

thanks
yusvogue
post Jun 16 2011, 04:20 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Hi I just wanna know..

Izzit worth for me to invest into these Apps?
Pages, Numbers, iMovie, Keynotes Mobile Me iDisk?
Izzit far better than other Apps for Office (for Pages & Numbers)?
And same goes with Mobile Me iDisk and iMovie.

thanks.

Added on June 16, 2011, 5:12 pm
QUOTE(fox_shinoda @ May 18 2011, 11:59 PM)
it is sold separately  biggrin.gif  you need to buy it.. i did  tongue.gif

izzit really worth? easy to use?

This post has been edited by yusvogue: Jun 16 2011, 05:12 PM
fox_shinoda
post Jun 16 2011, 06:16 PM

Enthusiast
965 posts

QUOTE(yusvogue @ Jun 16 2011, 04:20 PM)
Hi I just wanna know..

thanks.

Added on June 16, 2011, 5:12 pm
izzit really worth? easy to use?
iMovie is very easy to use smile.gif
amduser
post Jun 18 2011, 07:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

want to ask, which apps can let me read local newspaper like The sun or The stars?
gizmodo
post Jun 19 2011, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ Jun 18 2011, 07:37 PM)
want to ask, which apps can let me read local newspaper like The sun or The stars?
The Star specially designed for iPad

http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/the-star-ma...d392881083?mt=8
baretta
post Jun 20 2011, 08:40 AM

Regular
1,853 posts

Wacom bamboo, note taking available FOC until this month...
Jarod
post Jun 21 2011, 09:09 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(gizmodo @ Jun 19 2011, 11:16 AM)
this only have selected news not the entire paper.
aberrant80
post Jun 21 2011, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

There's no 1 single app. You will need to install one for each. I've seen it for theStar, NST, Berita Harian... but I heard the news update is actually slower than going to the website itself.
raeshad
post Jun 21 2011, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

there're so many apps catered to this. if you key in "malaysia news" in itunes store, loads of em will pop out.

QUOTE(aberrant80 @ Jun 21 2011, 10:41 AM)
There's no 1 single app. You will need to install one for each. I've seen it for theStar, NST, Berita Harian... but I heard the news update is actually slower than going to the website itself.
im not sure of the performances of the other free apps catered to individual newspapers, but ive been using this >> http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/malaysia-rs...d443746096?mt=8 .

as it's a universal app, it's great on both iphone and ipad. as the name suggests, it's a news aggregator so it aggregates many online paper such as star, nst, bharian, m'sia kini and more.

truthfully though, none of the apps in app store is a 'full on paper' [correct me if im wrong]. all these are just feeds from their online counterpart - so it'll never be as complete as the hard copied versions. i only use the app when i dont have access to a newspaper.

Added on June 21, 2011, 3:21 pmp/s: just realised that the app i recc'd is a re-released version of the malaysia news app. when i bought it early this January - it was only EUR 0.79 / USD 0.99 and my last updated version was at 3.0.3

and the one in app store right now is priced at EUR 1.59 / USD 1.99 and is given version no of 1.0. and was only added in the app store on the 20th of June. [plus now it requires an iOS of 4.3 or later....]

[it's on sale now btw until July 1st - for only EUR 0.79 / USD 0.99]

pp/s: im in no way endorsing this app. just so happened that i posted this on the day that the app got a refresh....

and as ive said above, its a good app but i only ever uses it when i have no access to a real newspaper......

This post has been edited by raeshad: Jun 21 2011, 03:21 PM
Ah hao
post Jun 21 2011, 03:16 PM

Regular
1,619 posts

Just discover this super cool apps, can wifi transfer video, can play rmvb, avi, flv, and most importantly, its FREE !!! drool.gif

actually its a streaming video apps, but only china can stream video, but it serve as a player perfectly rclxms.gif

http://dl.xunlei.com/ipad/?referfrom=xunlei_10

Apps Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/id396120024?mt=8

This post has been edited by Ah hao: Jun 21 2011, 03:18 PM
wowmas
post Jun 21 2011, 03:20 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

Thanks for sharing...
hiiragizawa
post Jun 21 2011, 10:22 PM

Casual
360 posts

Are there any apps like Truecrypt for the ipad?
zamanjaafar
post Jun 22 2011, 12:36 AM

NOT DUPIN' SINCE '03
1,122 posts

QUOTE(hiiragizawa @ Jun 21 2011, 10:22 PM)
Are there any apps like Truecrypt for the ipad?
i use stash pro to keep all my......stash
OKLY
post Jun 22 2011, 10:54 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

Still awaiting for GoodReader to go on sale, hoping for a $0.99 deal. laugh.gif
raeshad
post Jun 22 2011, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(OKLY @ Jun 22 2011, 10:54 PM)
Still awaiting for GoodReader to go on sale, hoping for a $0.99 deal. laugh.gif
Me too. But looking at their price history - it kinda seem impossible. Fingers crossed though biggrin.gif

OKLY
post Jun 23 2011, 12:09 AM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

It did have a price tag of $0.99 and $2.99 before and now it's $4.99. sad.gif
raeshad
post Jun 23 2011, 12:47 AM

Getting Started
242 posts

Yeah, but they've only ever had one sale in history from 1.99 to 0.99 and this was when they havent increased the price to 4.99 as of now sad.gif

Hoping for a thanksgiving/christmas sale this year rclxms.gif
hiiragizawa
post Jun 26 2011, 08:09 AM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(zamanjaafar @ Jun 22 2011, 12:36 AM)
i use stash pro to keep all my......stash
this looks cool bro... it even has some of the browser features that i need and similar to download manager pro app...

hi guys....

i notice that the built in 'Photos' app stretches the original picture to a full screen if your images are small. this is annoying if you want to see images at its native size.

is there anyway to configure this or do i actually have to have an external app for this?

google gives me nothing... using keywords like photo, stretch, ipad, original gives me plenty of wrong results.
aberrant80
post Jun 26 2011, 06:13 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

Recommendation for tracking 3G usage? Like 3G Watchdog on Android.

Added on June 26, 2011, 6:18 pm
QUOTE(yusvogue @ Jun 16 2011, 04:20 PM)
Hi I just wanna know..

thanks.
it's worth it if you need the power of a full office productivity suite. You can also look at Documents 2 Go for comparison. For me, i just use Google Docs. Enough for my needs.

This post has been edited by aberrant80: Jun 26 2011, 06:18 PM
raeshad
post Jun 27 2011, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
242 posts

Has anyone ever tried Sundry Notes? I think it's a pretty good FREE note taking app among all the other free apps. Has a pro option at USD 2.39 iiinm, but the free version as far as ive tried is kinda full featured-and it's supported by a small ad at the bottom of the screen and is unnoticeable.

Has export as pdf function (will be watermarked if uisng free app), and an 'import' function for gogle docs, evernote, box.net (not sync mind you, and is only meant for previewing - which means no editing)

Anyway, worth a try in my books.

Added on June 27, 2011, 10:43 amp/s: am i the only one having issues with editing own posts? i thought it's cuz i was using iPad/iPhone, but it's the same with my Macs and alss Windows' PC...... errrggghhhh :mad:

btw - import function from dropbox not box.net and i meant "in my book" biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by raeshad: Jun 27 2011, 10:43 AM
jphlau
post Jun 29 2011, 03:07 PM

Regular
1,202 posts

any good recommended mahjong game?? not the mahjong tile game...
kevyeoh
post Jun 29 2011, 10:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,526 posts

Yo... Can ask if lets say i use my iphone 3g... Can i still access my desktop? I read comments from users this app only works if your ipad or iphone is sharing the same home network...

It wont work if ur pc at home and you use iphone on 3g outside...

Thanks!

QUOTE(andrekua @ May 29 2011, 01:34 PM)
Splash top Remote Desktop available for 0.99 for a limited time.

Can stream video (better quality than AirVideo) and control your desktop via local network or even Internet (need gmail).
noobie123
post Jul 2 2011, 06:19 PM

| aM CK Hon!!
1,341 posts

QUOTE(jphlau @ Jun 29 2011, 03:07 PM)
any good recommended mahjong game?? not the mahjong tile game...
KL Mahjong... Can play Bluetooth. This the most similar mahjong game that I ever seen.
kpchow75
post Jul 2 2011, 10:57 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

Any one able to purchase snap seed using malaysia account?
lin00b
post Jul 4 2011, 10:46 AM

nobody
3,584 posts

Any recommended apps for stock trading or anaysis?
ozak
post Jul 4 2011, 11:13 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

Bloomberg
zamanjaafar
post Jul 5 2011, 03:02 PM

NOT DUPIN' SINCE '03
1,122 posts

ok let say like this:

i and my fren both have ipad but different location. I want to share my music video with him.

I use dropbox but it cant import out to Video app(can only be played inside Dropbox)

is there any app that can enable i to share the music video so that my friend can download and save in Video app?
FireSnake
post Jul 5 2011, 03:04 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

Any specific apps designed by malaysian for malaysian?
ozak
post Jul 5 2011, 03:28 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(FireSnake @ Jul 5 2011, 03:04 PM)
Any specific apps designed by malaysian for malaysian?
4D, toto myfm, lite fm....etc.

Added on July 5, 2011, 3:56 pm
QUOTE(zamanjaafar @ Jul 5 2011, 03:02 PM)
ok let say like this:

i and my fren both have ipad but different location.  I want to share my music video with him. 

I use dropbox but it cant import out to Video app(can only be played inside Dropbox)

is there any app that can enable i to share the music video so that my friend can download and save in Video app?
Should be no problem import out. I try it out with mp4 video file. Play it on my AVplayer.

This post has been edited by ozak: Jul 5 2011, 03:56 PM
deadman8836
post Jul 14 2011, 09:49 AM

Casual
463 posts

I have a question guys... I've always wanted to access into my iTunes songs library on my MacBook using my iPad 2 and listen from there~ I guess the proper word for it would be air steaming from my Macbook to my iPad 2... Remote only allows me to control iTunes but sounds are to be out from my Macbook~ I want the songs to be played from my iPad instead~
ones
post Jul 14 2011, 11:07 AM

11 posts

is there any application that can give facebook notification pop up?thanks smile.gif
myjunk
post Jul 19 2011, 05:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,446 posts

Deadman : Home sharing in itunes
mobrule
post Jul 19 2011, 07:26 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

I just about to get my ipad this week or next week. I am new, would like to ask about what apps is able to keep track of patient records? student records? etc?... it is better able to categories name, their attitudes, and i able to take note with stylus. any ? smile.gif thanks rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by mobrule: Jul 19 2011, 07:57 PM
nond
post Jul 26 2011, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

Hi, did anyone purchase office2HD ?
i'm looking for apps that enable me to edit microsoft word and do powerpoint slide on the ipad2. Any good apps that worth to buy ?
Currently known apps availabie are
1. Documents to Go Premium -office suite $16.99
2. Quickoffice Pro HD $19.99
3. Office2 HD $7.99

Any1 tried apps mentioned above? pls share .
Thanks!!!1
lohmaikai
post Jul 30 2011, 07:15 PM

Casual
493 posts

Anyone know if there's an app that let us close apps without pressing the physical menu button?
Joelles
post Aug 1 2011, 01:06 AM

@Call me Uncle@
1,355 posts

QUOTE(lohmaikai @ Jul 30 2011, 07:15 PM)
Anyone know if there's an app that let us close apps without pressing the physical menu button?
Not that I heard of but you can simply do the task with Multi Gesture and Remove Background (cydia after Jailbreak).
lohmaikai
post Aug 1 2011, 02:12 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(Joelles @ Aug 1 2011, 01:06 AM)
Not that I heard of but you can simply do the task with Multi Gesture and Remove Background (cydia after Jailbreak).
Thanks, already using Remove Background but I would prefer something that let me use the physical menu button as little as possible.
Pressing the button 20-30 times a day I won't be surprised its the 1st thing to spoil on the iPad
Reventon
post Aug 1 2011, 03:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,921 posts

QUOTE(lohmaikai @ Aug 1 2011, 02:12 PM)
Thanks, already using Remove Background but I would prefer something that let me use the physical menu button as little as possible.
Pressing the button 20-30 times a day I won't be surprised its the 1st thing to spoil on the iPad
Use multitouch gesture , enable it and you are good to go. There is a tutorial here or you can just google " iPad multitouch gestures "
lohmaikai
post Aug 1 2011, 04:03 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(Reventon @ Aug 1 2011, 03:34 PM)
Use multitouch gesture , enable it and you are good to go. There is a tutorial here or you can just google " iPad multitouch gestures "
found the thread here http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1860902
Think i'll give it a try thanks Reventon and Joelles
jimmykhoo
post Aug 2 2011, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

recomended flickr apps?
shah05
post Aug 2 2011, 10:28 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

how to use remove background app?? i don't have any idea to use it.. somebody guide me.
maderfader
post Aug 3 2011, 09:43 AM

Getting Started
228 posts

TS,i think the new Skype for iPad should be in here as a must-have app
shah05
post Aug 6 2011, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

is that have any app that make us like dj club??
zonan4
post Aug 9 2011, 04:34 PM

On my way
547 posts

Wyse pocketcloud rdp/vnc is currently free to remote your desktop... Get it
lohmaikai
post Aug 10 2011, 03:07 PM

Casual
493 posts

Is there a calendar app that supports our malaysian public holiday?
post Aug 15 2011, 12:34 AM

EimiFukada
All Stars
14,240 posts

QUOTE(shah05 @ Aug 2 2011, 10:28 PM)
how to use remove background app?? i don't have any idea to use it.. somebody guide me.
double tap ur status bar bro. smile.gif
maskedchan
post Aug 16 2011, 09:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,022 posts

any got recommendation for player which can player mkv, rmvb ?
ozak
post Aug 16 2011, 10:01 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

Hd player. Play whatever rubbish.
maskedchan
post Aug 16 2011, 10:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,022 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Aug 16 2011, 10:01 PM)
thanks alot
97th Mobile
post Aug 16 2011, 10:23 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Aug 16 2011, 10:01 PM)
Can find it, any full name?

thought most of the players have problem playing rmvb files?
maskedchan
post Aug 16 2011, 10:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,022 posts

i cant find it either
what the full name?
post Aug 17 2011, 08:12 AM

EimiFukada
All Stars
14,240 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Aug 16 2011, 09:50 PM)
any got recommendation for player which can player mkv, rmvb ?
QUOTE(maskedchan @ Aug 16 2011, 10:42 PM)
i cant find it either
what the full name?
AV Player HD as well

need money larrr but worth it smile.gif

http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/avplayerhd/id407976815?mt=8
maskedchan
post Aug 17 2011, 08:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,022 posts

QUOTE(0168257061 @ Aug 17 2011, 08:12 AM)
AV Player HD  as well

need money larrr but worth it  smile.gif

http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/avplayerhd/id407976815?mt=8
thanks..
will try this and see how...
hope it going to be worth
post Aug 17 2011, 08:50 AM

EimiFukada
All Stars
14,240 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Aug 17 2011, 08:19 AM)
thanks..
for me very well worth it,

cause support ftp transfer biggrin.gif
exxn0mercy
post Aug 18 2011, 02:05 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

any apps is for erm.. example, im a clothing seller, when customer ask me which cloth got stock or not, i can refer to the apps? meaning that i store all my stock data into the app. haha. tongue.gif
lohmaikai
post Aug 19 2011, 07:12 PM

Casual
493 posts

Today i heard on radio 88.1 DJs talking about an app that users can use to notify each other about road blocks and
When u park your car, set the gps coord. Within 200-300 meter radius when ppl alert the app got bandaraya saman, app will msg us.

Over the radio i heard its called something like "Saman Aunty" or "Saman Anti"
Any idea?
deadman8836
post Aug 20 2011, 01:18 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(myjunk @ Jul 19 2011, 05:42 AM)
Deadman : Home sharing in itunes
Thanks alot bro!! My iPad is even more awesome now!! Thank you!!
exxn0mercy
post Aug 25 2011, 05:01 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

any apps that can record business transaction?
D-Tourist
post Aug 30 2011, 02:00 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

any recommended free apps to export Ipad photos in imthb format to perhaps jped format for viewing in Windows?
lex2010
post Sep 1 2011, 12:17 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Aug 17 2011, 08:19 AM)
thanks..
Bought AV PLayer HD from Appstore. USD $3.99 but money well spent thumbup.gif very convenient for movie transfers
Boy96
post Sep 8 2011, 07:16 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Any free turn by turn Navigation apps except for Waze?
lohmaikai
post Sep 11 2011, 10:27 PM

Casual
493 posts

VLC Streamer
stream movies on your ipad from your mac or pc. Without the need to transfer the whole file over.
obee
post Sep 12 2011, 11:04 AM

Getting Started
273 posts

hi guys. just got my ipad 2 on saturday. going to buy the AV Player HD as recommended by you guys. smile.gif

is there any app or site i can stream tv series? (e.g house, csi, HIMYM, family guy, etc.. )

thanks!
Jing-leBelle
post Sep 12 2011, 03:30 PM

Very New Member
2,003 posts

QUOTE(obee @ Sep 12 2011, 11:04 AM)
hi guys. just got my ipad 2 on saturday. going to buy the AV Player HD as recommended by you guys. smile.gif

is there any app or site i can stream tv series? (e.g house, csi, HIMYM, family guy, etc.. )

thanks!
PPTV/PPStream for iPad.

Added on September 12, 2011, 3:52 pm
QUOTE(jimmykhoo @ Aug 2 2011, 10:07 AM)
recomended flickr apps?
I'm using Flickr Studio. Very nice interface. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jing-leBelle: Sep 12 2011, 03:52 PM
kaplex
post Sep 14 2011, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(lohmaikai @ Aug 19 2011, 07:12 PM)
Today i heard on radio 88.1 DJs talking about an app that users can use to notify each other about road blocks and
When u park your car, set the gps coord. Within 200-300 meter radius when ppl alert the app got bandaraya saman, app will msg us.

Over the radio i heard its called something like "Saman Aunty" or "Saman Anti"
Any idea?
'Parking Mata'? Not available on iOS yet.

CODE
http://amanz.my/2011/09/parking-mata-android/

waggygee
post Sep 14 2011, 05:38 PM

Casual
499 posts

Hi guys, I don't know if anyone noticed but yesterday Asphalt 6 price went down. it was going for free. Im not sure if its still available for free but its work a check
raeshad
post Sep 14 2011, 08:08 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(waggygee @ Sep 14 2011, 05:38 PM)
Hi guys, I don't know if anyone noticed but yesterday Asphalt 6 price went down. it was going for free. Im not sure if its still available for free but its work a check
you're right. and the promotion is still valid as of now. the unfortunate thing? ive already bought it.

definitely a worty game to dl though, and for free too!
minghao
post Sep 22 2011, 07:31 PM

Taeyeon Saranghae <3
2,221 posts

Any app is similar to Jubeat?or anyother keyboard games? tongue.gif
havenzhiv
post Sep 27 2011, 09:19 PM

On my way
556 posts

i am currently using PlayerX for video playback, plays all format and its free or 'its playing', reviewed by gizmodo and its 99 cents, i am currently testing this app

Added on September 27, 2011, 9:24 pm
QUOTE(nond @ Jul 26 2011, 10:44 PM)
Hi, did anyone purchase office2HD ?
i'm looking for apps that enable me to edit microsoft word and do powerpoint slide on the ipad2. Any good apps that worth to buy ?
Currently known apps availabie are
1. Documents to Go Premium -office suite $16.99
2. Quickoffice Pro HD $19.99
3. Office2 HD $7.99

Any1 tried apps mentioned above? pls share .
Thanks!!!1
i am using docto go premium, its worth while

This post has been edited by havenzhiv: Sep 27 2011, 09:24 PM
mynokia5800
post Oct 3 2011, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Saving BOB - nice multi-finger game..hehe rclxms.gif

Saving Bob @ Itunes

user posted image
SUSjflcorp
post Oct 4 2011, 12:34 AM

DrFeelGood
1,219 posts

I am using Viber for calls on my ipad! Viber rocks man!
big fat panda
post Oct 4 2011, 02:46 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

wat is the diff between microsoft off 2011 profesional n documents to go? which wan more similar to the pc version? example if i wan to continue my power point from pc to ipad, which wan can really support without changing type of font or anything after i continue my work using ipad? thanx! notworthy.gif
komputermuzik
post Oct 4 2011, 02:59 AM

Casual
314 posts

apps that i bought which is useful:

av player hd
pdfreader
iLoader
Phoster
flickrPhotos
TouchDj Evolution

SUSjflcorp
post Oct 4 2011, 10:44 AM

DrFeelGood
1,219 posts

What games apps did you all get for your ipad? Pls share, new to ipad.
D-Tourist
post Oct 8 2011, 01:52 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

To all salsa dance lover... Dun miss out on this pocket salsa apps which is goiing free this weekend in honor of Steve jobs

http://www.facebook.com/addicted2salsa

This post has been edited by D-Tourist: Oct 8 2011, 07:48 PM
TSstringfellow
post Oct 11 2011, 05:08 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Facebook 4.0 has finally joined the Universal app category of apps. It now supports iPad native resolution as well as a host of iPad-specific features. Update your Facebook app now!
kuntaker
post Oct 14 2011, 08:30 PM

React!
1,008 posts

Any apps for me to upload multiple photo in Facebook ? Free apps if possible
ericsim
post Oct 15 2011, 12:27 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

Hi there, any recommendations for PDF Reader + Annotations? Tried using Goodreader and I dont like it. I am using PDF-Notes FREE now. So far so good but do you guys have any better apps recommended for this?

thanks in advance
hafiziza
post Oct 17 2011, 10:45 AM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(ericsim @ Oct 15 2011, 01:27 AM)
Hi there, any recommendations for PDF Reader + Annotations? Tried using Goodreader and I dont like it. I am using PDF-Notes FREE now. So far so good but do you guys have any better apps recommended for this?

thanks in advance
Try iAnnotate PDF.
epsilon_chinwk86
post Oct 19 2011, 09:01 AM

On my way
601 posts

anyone here uses 7notes premium? its on sales now so thinking whether or not this is worth to get at 0.99 laugh.gif
-Max91-
post Oct 23 2011, 08:27 PM

On my way
526 posts

Guys, I wanna ask....currently I'm using the Official Facebook Apps for my iPad2, but there's a problem, I can't seems to find the "Share" button...as in when my friends posted some funny pictures or videos, I can't seem to find a "Share" button to share it..
raymannlucas
post Oct 24 2011, 12:01 AM

One Life, One Chance, One Try, No Retry
2,080 posts

QUOTE(-Max91- @ Oct 23 2011, 08:27 PM)
Guys, I wanna ask....currently I'm using the Official Facebook Apps for my iPad2, but there's a problem, I can't seems to find the "Share" button...as in when my friends posted some funny pictures or videos, I can't seem to find a "Share" button to share it..
yep...same with all fb for ipad... wait for update bah...
FluidicSculpture
post Oct 24 2011, 12:01 PM

11 posts

Anyone using Keynote and Numbers here? Are they good?
Joelles
post Oct 24 2011, 12:34 PM

@Call me Uncle@
1,355 posts

QUOTE(-Max91- @ Oct 23 2011, 08:27 PM)
You have to click onto the picture/video itself and a once the link pop up press the button on the top right to choose "share".
raymannlucas
post Oct 24 2011, 09:21 PM

One Life, One Chance, One Try, No Retry
2,080 posts

QUOTE(FluidicSculpture @ Oct 24 2011, 12:01 PM)
Anyone using Keynote and Numbers here? Are they good?
i bought pages. after years of using ms office, u feel pages cant do much. except typing, bold, italic, put pictures/chart etc...

for 9.99 each for keynote, pages and numbers, i choose microsoft. coz i use it more...
redninja
post Oct 30 2011, 06:36 AM

Getting Started
165 posts

Have my iPad about a week, these are some apps I found useful

Purchased
$2.99 Tumblita (not as good as below) - for Tumblr
$1.99 Tumbletail
$2.99 AV Player HD
$1.99 Penultimate - writing notes
$0.99 Atomic Web Browser
$0.99 Art Set

Free
360Live - for Xbox Live
AppShopper - comparison of apps, get it cheap when wait for price drops
Pulse - Feed/RSS reader
Zinio - mags
Wallpapers HD
Bamboo Paper - writing notes
Springpad
Dropbox
Features - 500px, Eyewitness, Flipboard
Typical stuff - Twitter, XE, Wikipanion

amduser
post Nov 2 2011, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

Is there any app that can translate english words to Japanese and give you the spelling (romaji)? I use google translate, but most of the time when I want to use and there is no Internet for me to use
G-ShoCk
post Nov 2 2011, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ Nov 2 2011, 10:36 AM)
Is there any app that can translate english words to Japanese and give you the spelling (romaji)? I use google translate, but most of the time when I want to use and there is no Internet for me to use
Yes, i really looking forward for this app is there any..

It's difficult to communicate in english with them.
burningbun
post Nov 7 2011, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

what software is best for playing all movie files?
FluidicSculpture
post Nov 7 2011, 10:43 PM

11 posts

Hi, I am looking for a contact management app that I can filter depending on groups of people in my contact. I found the basic contact app in iOS very lacking when I need to look up on a group of contact(Which can have more than one matching criteria), as the iOS contact app can only search based on names. Any recommendation?
greyshadow
post Nov 15 2011, 04:57 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

guys, is there any apps that can stream movies directly from my NAS (buffalo filestation) to the ipad for watching?
most of the files are in avi or mkv formats.

all of the apps i found requires you to install a program on the PC in order to share the content, but in my case it's a NAS, no way for me to install anything doh.gif
email
post Nov 19 2011, 05:29 PM

48 posts

guys , is there any application that can show the file size for each application that we download ( in 4.3.3) like in IO5....
razorboy
post Nov 22 2011, 12:33 PM

#winning
2,634 posts

Hey guys,I'm looking at apps like noterize. Ability to jot notes on top of Ppt, doc and PDF files. However noterize had been taken down by nuance. In the mean time, any other apps that does that?
redninja
post Nov 25 2011, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
165 posts

Zinio having Black Friday sale. Lots of titles 50% off like US10 and below for 1-year subscription.

Also if you sign up new account until mar 2012 you can get free US25 zinio bucks (gift card or code). Just make sure the flag is set to US at top right on zinio.com. it may or may not work but some intl people have gotten it.

Update - signed my husband up, it works .. free $25! Make sure set flag to US and check spam folder for the email if it doesn't show up immediately.

This post has been edited by redninja: Nov 26 2011, 12:34 PM
azrilyp
post Nov 28 2011, 07:32 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

for those who are looking for Office apps on iPad, Quickoffice Pro HD now only USD7.99 for 1 day only.

I bought it for USD11.99 few days ago.. sigh... but still cheaper than usual.
stargazer_7
post Nov 29 2011, 07:33 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(razorboy @ Nov 22 2011, 12:33 PM)
Hey guys,I'm looking at apps like noterize. Ability to jot notes on top of Ppt, doc and PDF files. However noterize had been taken down by nuance. In the mean time, any other apps that does that?
Noterize has changed its name to Paperport Notes i think...its free~
dino_slasher
post Dec 14 2011, 03:49 AM

32 posts

Anyone using ipad as your main gps?
What is the best apps out there..
Is sygic ok for malaysian map?
toch3
post Dec 16 2011, 02:24 AM

**s3r3nd1p1ty**
912 posts

Wuze for gps

dino_slasher
post Dec 18 2011, 04:31 AM

32 posts

what u mean y wuze?
i search on apps store no software named wuze..
raeshad
post Dec 19 2011, 12:53 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(dino_slasher @ Dec 18 2011, 04:31 AM)
what u mean y wuze?
i search on apps store no software named wuze..
s/he meant Waze.

It's a free social GPS.

I've never used my iPad 2 as a main GPS, but have fired up my Sygic[universal app] using iPad from time to time (as a passenger) when the driver's GPS gone wonky. I don't know how one would use a device as big as an iPad as a navigation though if you're driving alone.

As far as I've used Sygic in my iPhone, I'm quite content with it. Area used are Ipoh, Sungai Buloh, Subang, Shah Alam, KL, Kelantan, and Melaka. Plus, as I've said it's a universal app, so you don't need to spend twice.

This post has been edited by raeshad: Dec 19 2011, 12:54 PM
MBL
post Dec 20 2011, 07:14 PM

30 posts

ABC player is useless apps. We cannot watch content on ABC player since our country outside of usa. Any idea? Free VPN such a hotspotshield makes streaming video buffer every 2sec, annoying.

This post has been edited by MBL: Dec 20 2011, 07:20 PM
Boy96
post Dec 30 2011, 01:12 AM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Any apps or browser that can use so that it will block adult content on ipad? Free ones..

And locking safesearch on google with restrict does not help..
stargazer_7
post Jan 13 2012, 08:12 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

Instapaper or Read It Later Pro? and why?

I am torn between this two..

This post has been edited by stargazer_7: Jan 13 2012, 08:12 AM
Joelles
post Jan 15 2012, 01:54 AM

@Call me Uncle@
1,355 posts

123 Color, International Talking Edition for your kids and it's free for 1 day only in conjunction for the iPhone 4S launching in China. Faster grab it as it worth US4.99 after tomorrow, best for kids colouring education.
WhatMan
post Jan 15 2012, 10:53 AM

Regular
1,604 posts

Great news for iPad owners. Soul Calibur coming to iPad/iPhone!

shah05
post Jan 18 2012, 07:01 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

any app that we can keep playing video clip on playlist without need to playing it one by one
raydha
post Jan 24 2012, 10:59 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Dec 30 2011, 01:12 AM)
Any apps or browser that can use so that it will block adult content on ipad? Free ones..

And locking safesearch on google with restrict does not help..
Covert Browser-jailbreak and it's free smile.gif

QUOTE(shah05 @ Jan 18 2012, 07:01 PM)
any app that we can keep playing video clip on playlist without need to playing it one by one
on itunes
1.select all videos on library
2.go to option tab, choose media kind as tv show
3.if you prefer in sequence, go to vide tab and set the episode no,
4.sync to your ipad. done!
shah05
post Jan 29 2012, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(raydha @ Jan 24 2012, 10:59 PM)
Covert Browser-jailbreak and it's free smile.gif
on itunes
1.select all videos on library
2.go to option tab, choose media kind as tv show
3.if you prefer in sequence, go to vide tab and set the episode no,
4.sync to your ipad. done!
i can't find option tab.. noob here.. sad.gif smile.gif
raydha
post Jan 30 2012, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(shah05 @ Jan 29 2012, 11:08 AM)
i can't find option tab.. noob here.. sad.gif  smile.gif
sorry this is revise version.
Open iTunes
1.add file/folder to Library (Go to File -> Add File or Add Folder)
2.go to your iTunes library - click on Movies
3.select your video to sync and right click and select 'Get Info'
4.go to video tab, you've an option to group by show name and you can add additional info such as season and episode no.
5.you can adjust the sound volume by going to options tab.
6.you MUST change the MEDIA KIND selection to TV Show
7.sync your ipad. done!
shah05
post Jan 31 2012, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(raydha @ Jan 30 2012, 11:28 AM)
sorry this is revise version.
Open iTunes
1.add file/folder to Library (Go to File -> Add File or Add Folder)
2.go to your iTunes library - click on Movies
3.select your video to sync and right click and select 'Get Info'
4.go to video tab, you've an option to group by show name and you can add additional info such as season and episode no.
5.you can adjust the sound volume by going to options tab.
6.you MUST change the MEDIA KIND selection to TV Show
7.sync your ipad. done!
it work, thanks a lot bro
sasa70
post Feb 6 2012, 03:23 PM

42 posts

Hi guys,

I hv download itunes to my laptop but never show IPAD DEVICES, anyone please help? sad.gif
domcobb
post Mar 5 2012, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

Hi guys. Is there Adobe Illustrator for the iPad? Or anything that comes close or equivalent to it?
christcwl9
post Mar 29 2012, 11:36 PM

^ Engineer ^
Group Icon
2,772 posts

QUOTE(sasa70 @ Feb 6 2012, 03:23 PM)
Hi guys,

I hv download itunes to my laptop but never show  IPAD DEVICES, anyone please help?  sad.gif
Try download the latest itunes smile.gif
ezpcx
post Apr 3 2012, 06:50 PM

40 posts

The 12FLY Travel Suite![SIZE=14][FONT=Optima]

user posted image
[cool.gif12FLY #01
[SIZE=14]

user posted image
12FLY #02[SIZE=14]

user posted image
12FLY #03[SIZE=14]

user posted image
12FLY #04[SIZE=14]

The Special Edition

user posted image
12FLY #Star Cruise[SIZE=14]
christcwl9
post Apr 4 2012, 02:19 PM

^ Engineer ^
Group Icon
2,772 posts

Guys, any voice dictation apps that dont require internet connection ?
andrekua2
post Apr 11 2012, 08:17 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

Office HD on sale for 3.99.

Anyone use it before? How was it since iPad does not support file manager?
johannaffendy
post Apr 20 2012, 12:56 PM

3 posts

Is there a specific thread on iOS games? Tried searching for it but too much came up tongue.gif

Added on April 20, 2012, 12:58 pmScratch that, just found it.

This post has been edited by johannaffendy: Apr 20 2012, 12:58 PM
limhongwoon
post Apr 22 2012, 01:36 PM

Intel Certified - COre I7
2,892 posts

Is there any apps that able to recover the photo deleted accidentally from the Photo Rolls ?
da drummer
post Apr 27 2012, 11:47 PM

:)
808 posts

Hye..newbie here.
What apps that allow me to bluetooth other device?
What r the apps for office work like word?
Thnx
carbonfibre
post Apr 28 2012, 03:48 AM

PSN ID : ericgohsw
944 posts

How great is iPhoto and iMovie ? Quite interested in getting something like that
Any other recommendation with the similar capabilities ?

I heard someone is selling apps for s lower price by giving you the redemption code. Reliable or A big no-no. Anyways apps can share among I devices right if under same apple ID?

Added on April 28, 2012, 4:20 amApologies posted on the wrong place xD

I'm deciding between these cases help me ! If you could suggest something similar will be even better

Marware CEO Carbon
Switcheasy Canvas
Belkin Cinema Folio ( no idea where to get this though )

Thanks ! Where is a good place to hunt for these kind of casings ?

This post has been edited by carbonfibre: Apr 28 2012, 04:20 AM
colenz
post Apr 29 2012, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Anyone in LYN purchased this app? I personally found this app was quite useful especially the iphoto journal, but i can't find a solution to get the journal publish to my blog (i'm using blogspot) i will much appreciate it if someone here can share me the way to publish the iphoto journal to the blogger. Thank you.
carbonfibre
post Apr 30 2012, 03:56 PM

PSN ID : ericgohsw
944 posts

Do you guys think the iTunes store tomorrow will have Labour Day sales ? biggrin.gif
SUSKuLi
post Apr 30 2012, 04:59 PM

You won't like me when I'm angry
1,293 posts

QUOTE(carbonfibre @ Apr 28 2012, 03:48 AM)
How great is iPhoto and iMovie ? Quite interested in getting something like that
Any other recommendation with the similar capabilities ?

I heard someone is selling apps for s lower price by giving you the redemption code. Reliable or A big no-no. Anyways apps can share among I devices right if under same apple ID?

Added on April 28, 2012, 4:20 amApologies posted on the wrong place xD

I'm deciding between these cases help me ! If you could suggest something similar will be even better

Marware CEO Carbon
Switcheasy Canvas
Belkin Cinema Folio ( no idea where to get this though )

Thanks ! Where is a good place to hunt for these kind of casings ?
Other than the best devices, apple also makes the greatest apps.
Nothing comes close to the ease of use and features of iPhoto, iMovie, pages, keynote, etc.
Get them as soon as ur apple id had been created.

Eidilfitrix
post Apr 30 2012, 06:56 PM

Executive Troll Officer
1,477 posts

QUOTE(carbonfibre @ Apr 30 2012, 03:56 PM)
Do you guys think the iTunes store tomorrow will have Labour Day sales ? biggrin.gif
I dont think so bro sad.gif
idoblu
post May 10 2012, 04:11 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

Guys need recommendation for a browser. Don't need fancy features. Just the basics will do but must be free. I've tried pretty much everything and they all seem lethargic
booooster
post May 10 2012, 07:48 PM

Gadget Guy
3,076 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ May 10 2012, 04:11 PM)
Guys need recommendation for a browser. Don't need fancy features. Just the basics will do but must be free. I've tried pretty much everything and they all seem lethargic
dolphin hd included?
idoblu
post May 10 2012, 08:07 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

havent try dolphin - thanks will download it and try smile.gif
maxcheam
post May 10 2012, 08:13 PM

Casual
384 posts

if you like Chrome, you'll most probably like Diigo Browser (http://appshopper.com/utilities/ichromy-chrome-style-web-browser) as well. It's a free app. wink.gif
idoblu
post May 10 2012, 09:35 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

I tried diigo but I dunno why most of them are soooo.... slow like almost hang
Ok tried Dolphin - wow very fast. Thanks again for recommending me this
booooster
post May 11 2012, 07:36 AM

Gadget Guy
3,076 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ May 10 2012, 09:35 PM)
I tried diigo but I dunno why most of them are soooo.... slow like almost hang
Ok tried Dolphin - wow very fast. Thanks again for recommending me this
welcome wink.gif
alvin ong
post May 11 2012, 09:58 PM

Regular
1,136 posts

I was wondering why I couldn't find certain apps on the app store such as pandora, iheartradio etc etc. anyone facing the same problem?

urecom
post May 13 2012, 10:52 AM

28 posts

Hello all Ipad Sifu,
Not sure if anyone has ask this before but hope to get HELP.
I am using Ipad1 and my App Store is not updating.
Now i have 32updates pending.

Other than deleting one by one and reinstall again, hope there is an easier solution.

Thanx
static
post May 19 2012, 10:10 AM

Enthusiast
781 posts

Regarding the camera connection kit, can we write files to it? Or does it only work one way? I was told that certain apps are able to write files to the SD card, anyone?
shinchan5347
post May 30 2012, 02:26 PM

Regular
1,669 posts

who's here have been downloaded astro on the go?
PeeEl
post Jun 2 2012, 10:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,604 posts

QUOTE(shinchan5347 @ May 30 2012, 02:26 PM)
who's here have been downloaded astro on the go?
Astro-on-the-go is not an app. It's a service which links to your Astro account. You have to subscribe to it. There's a free trial period now until August.
Shah's
post Jun 10 2012, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

No lah, they have their app on AppStore Malaysia only, since I use AppStore us, I can't download the astro onthego app. How can we download it?
okboy
post Jun 10 2012, 01:56 PM

Getting Started
223 posts

QUOTE(Shah's @ Jun 10 2012, 11:22 AM)
No lah, they have their app on AppStore Malaysia only, since I use AppStore us, I can't download the astro onthego app. How can we download it?
i am using the malaysia account, the astro on the the steaming video quality quite good.

Just use to watch denmark vs netherlands this morning.
SCOOP_my
post Jun 12 2012, 05:27 PM

1 posts

Just info for iPad users

Get SCOOP Newsstand on App Store for free. Read your favorite magazines, books, tabloids and newspapers on the go on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch. Like us on Facebook to get recent updates.

Stay tuned and follow us on Twitter @SCOOP_my

More than 300 titles are Available:

For Malaysian titles: SPIN Malaysia, Capital Asia, Kitchen + Bathroom, 360Celsius, SME Malaysia, Mint, Public Listed, Home Pride and more

For Indonesian titles: SME Indonesia, SME Singapore, Home Pride, Cosmoplitan, Harper's Bazaar, Esquire, FHM, Autocar, Cosmo Girl, Spice, Bali & Beyond, Men's Fitness, HR Asia, Marketing, Marketeers, TechLife, Panorama Travel & Leisure, Yukmakan, iCreate, Tempo English, Let's Eat!, Great Ideas for Weddings, Le Mariage, Food Review, Maxim, Her World, Her World Bride, Five Star Pleasure Book, Maxx-M, Teknopreneur, GolfMagz, The Peak, Globe Asia, Campus Asia, Investor, Panorama Travel & Leisure, Bali Leisure and more.

Starting from $0.99, save up to 70% off the newsstand price! Some magazines are even FREE!

Thank You

This post has been edited by SCOOP_my: Jun 12 2012, 05:39 PM
FinFin
post Jun 17 2012, 02:34 AM

Casual
325 posts

Hey guys, check this out.

http://dailydeals.eamobile.com/mcs/publish...gonjkdcuxewnllm

Lots of awesome games at 0.99 USD now! Try Dead Space out! Seriously awesome.
Shah's
post Jun 19 2012, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(Shah's @ Jun 10 2012, 11:22 AM)
Solved, Just register with new account with Appstore Malaysia rclxm9.gif
aeiou228
post Jun 22 2012, 03:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,830 posts

IGO PRIMO an off line GPS navigation apps, universal for iPad and iPhone is having a promo price of usd9.99.
This app can run free community maps Malfreemaps for Malaysia and navigasi for Indonesia.

I just downloaed the app and tested on my iPad 3G with gps.
Pretty interesting gui and most importantly, No 3G data is needed to run the voice guided GPS Navigation.
LeoLilieno
post Jun 27 2012, 09:18 AM

On my way
536 posts

How to check whether my AppStore is pointing to US or Malaysia? By the way, is there any apps like PPS but in English?
booooster
post Jun 27 2012, 08:38 PM

Gadget Guy
3,076 posts

QUOTE(LeoLilieno @ Jun 27 2012, 09:18 AM)
How to check whether my AppStore is pointing to US or Malaysia? By the way, is there any apps like PPS but in English?
to check just go to account----> view account, it will say which store there smile.gif
ak1985
post Jul 14 2012, 04:22 PM

15 posts

App: Malaysia4D Live Free - Magnum, Sports Toto and PMP Da Ma Cai
Price: FREE!
iTunes page link: Malaysia4D
Region: Malaysia iTunes AppStore
Version: 2.0
Filesize: 4.6Mb
Requirements: iPhone,iPod Touch and iPad Universal App, iOS 4.0 and above
Developer: Agmo Studio (Me)

Description:
Malaysia4D is absolutely free and no subscription is required!

It provides latest and fastest lottery result in Malaysia. It lets you to find out the live and past result of Magnum, Da Ma Cai (3D and 4D) and Sports Toto (4D, 5D, 6D, Supreme Toto 6/58, Power Toto 6/55, Mega Toto 6/52) quickly. The only 4D mobile apps that allows you to check out all past winning history from all Magnum, Toto and PMP Damacai. It is all-in-one application. Fully support retina display on both iPhone and iPad!

There are also other interesting features:
1. Lucky Number: Shake your device to get lucky number
2. Statistics: Get the past winning results of a given number in all Magnum(since 1985), Da Ma Cai(since 1990) and Sports Toto(since 1992)
3. Share to family/friends: You can share the results to your family/friends via SMS, email and Facebook
4. View previous result: You can use date picker or finger swipe to get any previous results for Magnum(since 1985), Da Ma Cai(since 1990) and Sports Toto(since 1992)
5. Receive push notification when the result is ready

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Moutzu
post Jul 18 2012, 09:57 PM

Casual
337 posts

Hi every1. Just join this forum today. I don't know whether this had been asked b4 or not. I checked a few pages back and did not find onyx raising this. What I would like to know is, is there a player where I can watch FLV files in my iPad without the hassle of converting them FLV files into MP4?

christcwl9
post Jul 18 2012, 09:59 PM

^ Engineer ^
Group Icon
2,772 posts

QUOTE(Moutzu @ Jul 18 2012, 09:57 PM)
Hi every1. Just join this forum today. I don't know whether this had been asked b4 or not. I checked a few pages back and did not find onyx raising this. What I would like to know is, is there a player where I can watch FLV files in my iPad without the hassle of converting them FLV files into MP4?
Try Oplayer, it is good thumbup.gif
Moutzu
post Jul 18 2012, 11:32 PM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ Jul 18 2012, 09:59 PM)
Try Oplayer, it is good  thumbup.gif
Tq for your suggestion. I just discovered another app called " It's Playing". Does any1 know where to download this app for free? This player should solve my problem of playing my FLV files without the hassle of having to convert.
Holyboy27
post Jul 23 2012, 10:35 PM

Enthusiast
842 posts

Hi, some enquiries about iPad and Numbers for the iPad.

I have a few excel .xlsx files on my Windows computer that I want to transfer to my ipad for work. I opened the excel files using Numbers and after updating the excel file on the iPad, I have the option of mailing it as Numbers, PDF or Excel.

My question, will importing from the Numbers app to Excel cause any data loss or formula loss? I am quite cautious since the Numbers convert the file when opening it and then converts again when sending.
mkaz
post Jul 23 2012, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

as u know ipad dont have clock app...
can someone recommend me a good app with a good alarm system..
im using 'alarm clock hd' as for now.. but looking for other good alt.
tq smile.gif
Holyboy27
post Jul 24 2012, 10:50 AM

Enthusiast
842 posts

QUOTE(mkaz @ Jul 23 2012, 11:52 PM)
as u know ipad dont have clock app...
can someone recommend me a good app with a good alarm system..
im using 'alarm clock hd' as for now.. but looking for other good alt.
tq smile.gif
I'm using tiktok by brid. It's quite simple and I think it's good
Moutzu
post Jul 24 2012, 11:36 PM

Casual
337 posts

Holyboy27,

I am interested in the app " tiktok" by brid. Can you please tell me where I can download this app for my iPad? icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by Moutzu: Jul 24 2012, 11:47 PM
yuvanesh
post Jul 25 2012, 12:51 PM

<<ASSASSINO>>
1,231 posts

QUOTE(Moutzu @ Jul 24 2012, 11:36 PM)
Holyboy27,

I am interested in the app " tiktok" by brid. Can you please tell me where I can download this app for my iPad?  icon_question.gif
all apps are to be found in itunes store... if you cant find the app then it is not given on that region...such malaysia local app will be available in us itunes account...please dont be prone piracy..!!!!
Moutzu
post Jul 26 2012, 11:18 PM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(yuvanesh @ Jul 25 2012, 12:51 PM)
all apps are to be found in itunes store... if you cant find the app then it is not given on that region...such malaysia local app will be available in us itunes account...please dont be prone piracy..!!!!
Yup, it's in iTunes US Store alright. Thx for the info. Oh BTW, I don't quite get what you mean by "...please don't be prone piracy...!!!" rclxub.gif Care to elaborate, if you don't mind? Thx.
yuvanesh
post Jul 27 2012, 09:42 AM

<<ASSASSINO>>
1,231 posts

QUOTE(Moutzu @ Jul 26 2012, 11:18 PM)
Yup, it's in iTunes US Store alright. Thx for the info. Oh BTW, I don't quite get what you mean by "...please don't be prone piracy...!!!"  rclxub.gif  Care to elaborate, if you don't mind? Thx.
sorry it is illegal to discuss...i have no thoughts of explaining more about it...
Moutzu
post Jul 27 2012, 09:57 AM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(yuvanesh @ Jul 27 2012, 09:42 AM)
sorry it is illegal to discuss...i have no thoughts of explaining more about it...
Hmm..... I think I know what it is. Thx. sweat.gif
christcwl9
post Jul 27 2012, 12:40 PM

^ Engineer ^
Group Icon
2,772 posts

ehemmm whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif
xproc
post Aug 3 2012, 03:37 PM

free for all
4,395 posts

360 paranoma free today
pdfmax
post Aug 7 2012, 11:55 AM

1 posts

We'd like to introduce PDF Max - our PDf reading and annotating app http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-ann...72073?ls=1&mt=8

It's free to start with Standard features :-) Please let's know what you think. We are looking forward to hearing your feedback, Lowyaters ;-)
GymBoi
post Aug 17 2012, 07:10 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

Guys.... Anyone using pulse news reader here? Can anyone get it to work with the star? I only can read the title and that's it 😓 and the newsstand app for the star is nothing but ads????
ak1985
post Aug 29 2012, 03:24 PM

15 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

App: Penang Offline Mural Map
Price: FREE
iTunes page link: Download
Filesize: 19.4MB
Requirements: Universal app, iOS 5 and above
Developer: Agmo Studio Sdn Bhd (My company)

This application is developed by me.
Please support.

Keep reading the news of the beautiful mural in Penang is being destroyed? Feeling anxious and can't wait to take picture with the murals but not familiar with the each location of the painting?

Penang Offline Mural Map is a great companion for you to visit and hunt for all wall paintings by Ernest Zacharevic. The mural project consists of 8 large-scale wall paintings strategically placed within the core heritage zone of George Town. The painted figure drawings celebrate the multiculturalism and diversity of local inhabitants. The murals are now must visit attractions in Penang.

Taking consideration into the data roaming is very expensive, this app is designed in such a way that no internet connection is required during your journey. Comprehensive and detailed pre-packaged Penang offline maps covers the mural area with zoom in and out supported. Beside, you can also check out the details of each mural before the journey to help you plan the trip. Check-in feature is provided to help you keep track of visited and unvisited mural. The best thing is you can even add your own photo to associate with the visited mural which eventually become your very own photo album for the amazing Penang mural trip.

To add exciting and gamification elements to the app, this app will automatically calculate the total time that you have taken to visit all mural. You may share to your Facebook to challenge your friends who can visit all the murals in shorter time.

This beautiful app supports all iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad which runs iOS 5 and above. It is available for free on the Apple App Store. Download now and start planning for your next Penang trip before it is too late!

lingeries.my
post Aug 30 2012, 06:56 PM

10 posts

thanks for your sharing,
help me settle some problem
thanks smile.gif
GymBoi
post Aug 30 2012, 09:17 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

Anyone using any app that can lock other app? Say got some game app I wanna lock and dowan others to play or something like that?

debbierowe
post Aug 31 2012, 01:49 AM

so fast 6 stars di...
1,107 posts

hi all

is this iFileExplorer useful?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ifileexplor...d355253462?mt=8
LeoLilieno
post Sep 7 2012, 11:22 AM

On my way
536 posts

iPhone have Instagram. What about iPad? Is InstaPad=Instagram? If we install the iPhone's Instagram, will it work?
GymBoi
post Sep 7 2012, 02:46 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(LeoLilieno @ Sep 7 2012, 11:22 AM)
iPhone have Instagram. What about iPad? Is InstaPad=Instagram? If we install the iPhone's Instagram, will it work?
Instapad Pro rclxms.gif
ak1985
post Sep 13 2012, 01:15 AM

15 posts

App: Malaysia Home Loan Calculator
Price: FREE
iTunes page link: Download from iTunes
Filesize: 1.0MB
Requirements: Universal app, iOS 5 and above
Developer: Agmo Studio Sdn Bhd (My company)

This application is developed by me.
Please support.

user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted image

Malaysia Home Loan Calculator is designed for Malaysia home buyer or foreign property investor based on latest rules and regulations in Malaysia. It is the first all-in-one offline home loan calculator for Malaysia, which includes loan repayment calculation, amortization schedule by year and month, legal fee calculation, Sales and Purchase agreement and loan agreement stamp duty calculation, EPF withdrawal calculator. It also provides latest property news for reference.

Features:
Home loan calculator:
1. Calculate monthly repayment, total payment and total interest paid based on loan amount, interest and length of mortgage
2. Detail amortization schedule in monthly and yearly basis are provided as well, which shows the principal paid, interest paid and balance for each month

Legal fee calculator:
1. Calculate S&P agreement and loan agreement legal fee based on property price
2. Calculate S&P stamp duty based on property price
3. Calculate loan stamp duty based on property price
4. Calculate the total legal fee and stamp duty required based on property price

EPF withdrawal calculator:
1. Calculate eligible fund can be withdraw based on property price, loan amount and balance in account

News:
1. Show latest property news in Malaysia, powered by www.iproperty.com.my

Other:
1. Fully offline for all calculators, no Internet connection is required

Email: myhomeloancalculator@agmostudio.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AgmoStudio

debbierowe
post Sep 19 2012, 02:31 PM

so fast 6 stars di...
1,107 posts

any free, and no-Ads alarm clock apps?

i installed alarm clock hd last night and its full of ads, got to pay 99cent to get ad-free version

is it same applies to all or most alarm clock apps?

and weird enough it doesnt sound this morning and i overslept doh.gif
jstndng
post Sep 24 2012, 11:54 PM

41 posts

wad app good for downloading youtube videos..plz suggest thanks
nikwing
post Oct 24 2012, 03:01 PM

48 posts

Hi all,

We just release our first iOS game "Run Princess Run!" nad its FREE to download

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id551518128

Thank you
JenLOI
post Oct 24 2012, 06:57 PM

Casual
351 posts

Anyone of you guys tried Seo manager? would like to hear some comment from Malaysia people.

Added on October 24, 2012, 7:00 pm
QUOTE(debbierowe @ Aug 31 2012, 01:49 AM)
Clicked on it and saw the features not bad for transferring stuff. Never try it because using iFile.

This post has been edited by JenLOI: Oct 24 2012, 07:00 PM
xtrasher_kingx
post Nov 6 2012, 04:27 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

No app for lowyat forum? Lol
HwangTommy
post Nov 12 2012, 08:46 AM

Casual
475 posts

Looking for an app to doodle or scribble on PDFs. Using it for lectures so I can read and write little notes in the iPad.
kahyeec
post Nov 16 2012, 11:21 AM

Regular
1,149 posts

QUOTE(HwangTommy @ Nov 12 2012, 08:46 AM)
Looking for an app to doodle or scribble on PDFs. Using it for lectures so I can read and write little notes in the iPad.
Try GoodReader. Should be able to scribe on pdf. I use to read mags only.
By the way, AngryBird Space HD is on sale .99!
nikwing
post Nov 16 2012, 12:28 PM

48 posts

Run Princess Run just getting a massive update!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-princes...d551518128?mt=8
Dannyl
post Nov 18 2012, 10:43 AM

what the fucuk-yimai
6,113 posts

I'm looking for an iPad video player app which I can transfer videos to wirelessly (eg. FTP) instead of plugging into the PC (really hate plugging into PC). Something like Bookman, but that is for PDF. Paid or free is fine. Thanks!
baretta
post Nov 20 2012, 07:37 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

Yeah baby....nokia maps HERE ready to download.....now u have alternative to using navigation maps......freeeee
Moutzu
post Nov 21 2012, 09:00 AM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(baretta @ Nov 20 2012, 07:37 PM)
Yeah baby....nokia maps HERE ready to download.....now u have alternative to using navigation maps......freeeee
hi baretta, where's the link to Nokia maps?

Thx.
baretta
post Nov 22 2012, 09:29 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

QUOTE(Moutzu @ Nov 21 2012, 09:00 AM)
hi baretta, where's the link to Nokia maps?

Thx.
https://itunes.apple.com/my/app/here-maps/id577430143?mt=8
Moutzu
post Nov 24 2012, 08:48 AM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(baretta @ Nov 22 2012, 09:29 PM)
Thx bro. Will try it out.
tuahayam
post Dec 13 2012, 08:11 AM

Casual
387 posts

Just want to ask, the price in apple store is in what currency? Because i want to buy and it say $2.90.

helob
post Dec 15 2012, 04:37 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(tuahayam @ Dec 13 2012, 08:11 AM)
Just want to ask, the price in apple store is in what currency? Because i want to buy and it say $2.90.
Its in US Dollars.

SUSdoublezul
post Dec 22 2012, 12:48 AM

Getting Started
175 posts

can ipad use talking siri app ?

This post has been edited by doublezul: Dec 22 2012, 12:49 AM
arsengal
post Dec 27 2012, 07:18 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(doublezul @ Dec 22 2012, 12:48 AM)
can ipad use talking siri app ?
Depends on what version your iPad is. It is available on the new iPad (3rd Gen) & iPad 4
jhchong
post Jan 3 2013, 02:20 AM

Casual
397 posts

hey guys smile.gif

any free apps to recommend for instantly download videos through youtube? i tried mctube and vdownloader but only limit to 10.
also recommend free apps for downloading pictures. be it off website or the app itself.

cheers and thanks a lot!
xavi5567
post Jan 3 2013, 09:29 AM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

QUOTE(baretta @ Nov 22 2012, 09:29 PM)
does this work with ipad wifi version only?
denzel88
post Jan 9 2013, 04:51 PM

Let's Bring it On!
1,432 posts

QUOTE(xavi5567 @ Jan 3 2013, 09:29 AM)
does this work with ipad wifi version only?
Yes, it works with ipad Wifi only. It also uses Internet to generate maps
xavi5567
post Jan 9 2013, 05:22 PM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

QUOTE(denzel88 @ Jan 9 2013, 04:51 PM)
Yes, it works with ipad Wifi only. It also uses Internet to generate maps
can it download the map n work offline? drool.gif
vivre
post Jan 30 2013, 03:24 PM

No need to look at these stars ....
825 posts

Hi, any good app (even paid one is also OK) that can be used to save youtube video for offline playing?

TQ
peri peri
post Feb 6 2013, 03:04 PM

10k nonsense talkative club
All Stars
11,940 posts

QUOTE(vivre @ Jan 30 2013, 03:24 PM)
Hi, any good app (even paid one is also OK) that can be used to save youtube video for offline playing?

TQ
Try this, most awesome! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/free-video-...d560438567?mt=8
peri peri
post Feb 6 2013, 03:06 PM

10k nonsense talkative club
All Stars
11,940 posts

my ipad4 siri is kind of silly
aen147
post Feb 14 2013, 03:15 PM

18 posts

FREE superb news reader iPad App for browsing Malaysia news.. currently supports feed from 20 major news provider.. easily switch on / off wanted / unwanted news feed & all news are categorized into sections for fast news filtering..

user posted image https://itunes.apple.com/app/malaysia-news-...d581906719?mt=8

Enjoy!

SHiROkun
post Feb 14 2013, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

infinity blade and asphalt 7 free. ohwai..
AskarPerang
post Feb 15 2013, 06:21 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,145 posts

Smart office 2 is free for today too.
mastering89
post Feb 17 2013, 01:03 AM

miao miao
2,545 posts

any app to stream live sports?
etc : live football match...

i tried Astro On the Go, no channel for sports sad.gif
the sites i usually go on need flash
JohnnyBeGud
post Feb 17 2013, 08:52 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

QUOTE(mastering89 @ Feb 17 2013, 01:03 AM)
any app to stream live sports?
etc : live football match...

i tried Astro On the Go, no channel for sports sad.gif
the sites i usually go on need flash
Try Puffin browser and go to your usual sites. Do tell us if it worked.
nikwing
post Mar 28 2013, 12:45 PM

48 posts

Satay game!

iOS (Paid): https://itunes.apple.com/id/app/id606802092?mt=8
iOS (Free): https://itunes.apple.com/id/app/cak-durae-f...d624483284?mt=8

i recommend to get the full paid version for more level and features biggrin.gif
MyRedz
post Apr 28 2013, 04:39 AM

Enthusiast
961 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jun 22 2012, 04:05 PM)
IGO PRIMO an off line GPS navigation apps, universal for iPad and iPhone is having a promo price of usd9.99.
This app can run free community maps Malfreemaps for Malaysia and navigasi for Indonesia.

I just downloaed the app and tested on my iPad 3G with gps.
Pretty interesting gui and most importantly, No 3G data is needed to run the voice guided GPS Navigation.
Is This App still updated?i Need a Gps for MY iPad mini
aeiou228
post Apr 28 2013, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,830 posts

QUOTE(MyRedz @ Apr 28 2013, 04:39 AM)
Is This App still updated?i Need a Gps for MY iPad mini
No update since June las year.
Papago My n Sg is having limited time offer price at usd11.99 now. Grab it before it goes back to USD25.
MyRedz
post Apr 28 2013, 01:49 PM

Enthusiast
961 posts

Can I know the link?do they update frequently?can I get the maps navigation without Internet usage?
LEVIATHAN
post May 2 2013, 06:44 PM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear
2,281 posts

Is Leviathan: Warships available in local App Store?
Go_up
post Nov 10 2013, 12:20 AM

Hallucinogen
917 posts

Facebook is unable to download in my new iPad air, any solution
Boldnut
post Dec 4 2013, 10:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,202 posts

What ipad app can play back all kinds of format I throw at them? Lets just say I got movie outside Itunes from USB drives.
pr0d1gy
post Dec 9 2013, 06:22 PM

38 posts

hey guys, looks like you need some ideas on how to fully utilize your iPad. Check out this article:

20 Creative Ways To Use Your iPad

This post has been edited by pr0d1gy: Dec 9 2013, 06:23 PM
NightFelix
post Dec 20 2013, 10:15 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

Guys, which apps you guys to use to look for Apps Deal Alert? like price dropping or paid apps turn free.
andrekua2
post Dec 21 2013, 09:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Dec 20 2013, 10:15 AM)
Guys, which apps you guys to use to look for Apps Deal Alert? like price dropping or paid apps turn free.
Appshopper not bad..
NightFelix
post Dec 28 2013, 02:17 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Dec 21 2013, 09:34 PM)
Appshopper not bad..
Thanks bro. Very useful. nod.gif
vivre
post Jan 2 2014, 02:40 PM

No need to look at these stars ....
825 posts

QUOTE(jhchong @ Jan 3 2013, 02:20 AM)
hey guys smile.gif

any free apps to recommend for instantly download videos through youtube? i tried mctube and vdownloader but only limit to 10.
also recommend free apps for downloading pictures. be it off website or the app itself.

cheers and thanks a lot!
Im using MxTube (subsequently upgraded to Pro). Alternatively, you can also use ProTubee.
KamisF
post Jan 21 2014, 04:11 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

smart office 2 is not free anymore?
ryanryan
post Feb 11 2014, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(Boldnut @ Dec 4 2013, 10:03 AM)
What ipad app can play back all kinds of format I throw at them? Lets just say I got movie outside Itunes from USB drives.
Use this FOC

https://itunes.apple.com/my/app/media-playe...d456584471?mt=8

celciuz
post Feb 14 2014, 10:39 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(ryanryan @ Feb 11 2014, 12:03 AM)
Is this better than VLC? So far I'm using VLC on my iPad 2. Only able to handle 720p and not 1080p.
andrekua2
post Feb 21 2014, 01:15 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

Appstore has gone crazy. Some paid apps are being shown on the free section with a price tag. What's happening with Apple?
azzjoker
post Mar 14 2014, 02:56 PM

39 posts

hi, i know there is an app telling that which app or games got offer or free on tat particular date, anyone can tell me what is the name of the app?
entahla
post Mar 19 2014, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(azzjoker @ Mar 14 2014, 02:56 PM)
hi, i know there is an app telling that which app or games got offer or free on tat particular date, anyone can tell me what is the name of the app?
try AppOfTheDay, AppsGoneFree
blacksunday
post Sep 24 2014, 09:25 PM

Casual
483 posts

hey guys...gotta a question and didnt wanna open another thread. forgive if this is not the place. im plannning to get a ipad air at america, my sis is there. would there be any problem using it here? restriction, limitation etc....thanks for your thoughts

eric84cool
post Dec 5 2014, 12:00 PM

I'm BACK!!!
4,540 posts

Hi, is there any apps that could download youtube videos and watch it offline ? Please advise. thanks!
SUSeksk
post Dec 29 2014, 01:04 PM

On my way
586 posts

anyone can recommend app to stream epub or cbz off the NAS?

This post has been edited by eksk: Dec 29 2014, 01:04 PM
plumberly
post Oct 7 2016, 01:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

Got an iPad Air 2 from Apple Msia a few weeks ago.

My son wants to download an apps but it says it needs a China apps account.

Did some check on the web for China apps account. Some says needs to open apple account with China credit card etc.

Some says to find the apps in Chrome and then download from there.

Being new to iPad, like to have your advice on the way forward.

AA
Open a China apps account?

BB
Stay as it is?

With AA, will that cause problems later when downloading from non China apps?
Any fees with AA?
Any must-have apps in AA that makes this hassle worthwhile?

Thanks.

ollie_capollie
post Nov 8 2016, 06:09 AM

6 posts

Hey anyone can recommend android emulator with link for my ipad pro?
Kelv
post Dec 31 2019, 11:13 AM

Be kind to animals
3,987 posts

Any good app to annotate on the browser for notes taking?
19 Degree South
post Mar 21 2021, 09:02 AM

Regular
1,480 posts

Bump this thread !
imboss..
post Apr 20 2023, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(Kelv @ Dec 31 2019, 11:13 AM)
Any good app to annotate on the browser for notes taking?
the apple provided ones, have you try?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1945sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:39 PM