Watikah yang kumiliki kan kusemat di hati
Janjiku kepada pertiwi untuk menabur bakti
Ku sempurnakan seikhlas hatimembela negara
Doa restu ayah bondaku untuk semua
UiTM...usaha taqwa mulia.

Remember those Kesatria Days... brows.gif

History
1956-1965

Dewan Latehan RIDA (Rural and Industrial Development Authority Training Center)

RIDA Training Center was the inspiration of Dato' Onn Ja'afar, the founder and former president of United Malays National Organisation (UMNO). The idea was conceived as a result of a study visit of Ceylon's (now Sri Lanka) rural development programme in 1951.A working paper of the visit outlined the establishment of RIDA (Rural and Industrial Development Authority) and its objectives of rebuilding the rural society, as well as improving its economy.There were two centers under the auspices of the RIDA (Rural and Industrial Development Authority): Taman Asuhan RIDA (Kuala Lumpur) and Dewan Latehan RIDA (Petaling Jaya). Dewan Latehan RIDA began operations in November 1956 under its first principal, Tuan Syed Alwi bin Syed Sheikh Alhadi. It was officially opened by Dr. Ismail bin Dato' Abdul Rahman,the Minister for Trade and Industry on 14 February 1957.

Dewan Latehan RIDA conducted several external professional courses offered by established international bodies, such as the London Chamber of Commerce, the Australian Chartered Secretaryship, the Australian Society of Accountants and the British Institute of Management.

In 1964, Dewan Latehan RIDA held its first convocation and 50 graduates were awarded certificates by Tun Abdul Razak, the then Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia.
[edit] 1965-1967

Maktab MARA (MARA College)

Dewan Latehan RIDA become known as Maktab MARA or MARA College in June 1965. The name change also meant that the college was no longer operated under RIDA but instead become the most important unit of the MARA Training Division.

MARA, which is the acronym for "Majlis Amanah Rakyat" or the "Council of Trust for the Indigenous People" took over and strengthened the role and responsibilities of RIDA. In 1966, when the British Institute of Management ceased holding external examinations, MARA College began running its own Diploma in Business Studies. International recognition for the course came from Ealing Technical College of London, which also became its external examiner. This linkage with an internationally established institution proved to be the first of many future linkages, a tradition that started in 1956 with Dewan Latehan RIDA and still continues until today in UiTM.
[edit] 1967-1999

Institut Teknologi MARA (MARA Institute of Technology)

MARA College was officially renamed Institut Teknologi MARA on 14 October 1967. Its establishment came as a response to a crucial need in the country for trained manpower in the professional and semi-professional levels, especially among Bumiputeras. This shortage was identified by a manpower survey conducted by the government in collaboration with the United Nations in 1965.

ITM's rapid development during those years came about with the expansion of its educational programmes, which was in line with the requirements of an increasingly demanding job market. Many courses were internationally affiliated and the institute had advanced diploma courses, which were equivalent to a degree.

ITM's development is best seen in three phases that cover a period of 32 years in total. The first phase (1967 - 1976) came with the declaration of the institute as an autonomous body with its own 300-acre campus in Shah Alam and was placed under the Ministry of Rural Development.

The second phase (1976 - 1996) saw ITM rapidly harnessing its potential as an institution of higher learning. It led to the passing of the ITM Act of 1976 that placed the institute directly under the Ministry Of Education.

The third phase (1996-1999) came about as a result of an amendment to the 1976 Act which put ITM on par with other universities in the country. For functional purposes, ITM was granted all the powers of a University but its historical name was retained until August 26, 1999. The main areas of change were as follows:

* The governing body of ITM, the Council, was converted into the Board of Directors with a larger private sectorrepresentation than before;
    * The Board of Directors was given the power to enact for the Institute;
    * A Senate was created;
    * Many principal officers of ITM were re-designated. The Director was renamed Rector, the Pengetua was Provost, while Principal and Senior Lecturers were re-designated as Professors and Associate Professors;
    * Each School was redesignated as a Faculty;
    * ITM was given the power to confer degrees up to Ph.D level;
    * ITM was given the unique power to establish courses and campuses abroad with the permission of the Minister of Education;
    * The Institute was conferred additional powers to enable it to conduct businesses, invest in shares, set up companies and engage in commercial research;
    * Disciplinary powers over staff were transferred from the Minister to the Board of Directors;
    * To improve staff accountability, the Institute was given the power to impose a surchage;
    * The procedural rights of students in disciplinary proceedings were strengthened.

26 August 1999

Universiti Teknologi MARA (MARA University of Technology)

In August 1999, the then Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato' Seri Dr. Mahathir Mohamad announced the change of name of ITM to Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM). With this acknowledgement from the government, a major restructuring exercise was carried out in order to consolidate the University's resources for optimum productivity.

UiTM aspires to be world-class in all its endeavours and forges ahead in a direction that is in tandem with the latest developments in the world. As UiTM moves forward, it remains focused on academic excellence, innovation, socio-economic goals, worldwide accreditation, globalisation and new technologies in order to contribute to industry and national development.

Act 173 was drafted for the establishment of UiTM. It is essential to the University as it provides guidelines for maintenance and smooth administration as well as other pertaining matters. The Act also serves as an acknowledgement of the institution’s transition from an institute to a university, and the authority it has to function like any other universities, such as to provide courses of studies and confer degrees at all levels, among others.

source : wikipedia

This post has been edited by LuviT: Jan 19 2011, 10:09 AM
nash9701
post Feb 6 2010, 11:35 AM

looking for a bright future...
1,350 posts

wah now UiTM alumni oso inside LYN...good!!

(^__^)
TSLuviT
post Feb 6 2010, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

Open for Current students, future students, alumni, lecturers, staffs.. yada yada... biggrin.gif
**Will update fr time to time-u can either pm/post in thread

UiTM Hall of Fame

A
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z

This post has been edited by LuviT: Jan 23 2011, 10:19 PM
yana89
post Feb 6 2010, 12:11 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

why do i have da feeling diz thread will invite 'unsatisfied voices' around here... rolleyes.gif
but nevertheless....i'm current UiTm student....shah alam campus...medical student...the 7th batch...n proud of it! thumbup.gif
TSLuviT
post Feb 6 2010, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(yana89 @ Feb 6 2010, 12:11 PM)
why do i have da feeling diz thread will invite 'unsatisfied voices' around here... :rolleyes:
but nevertheless....i'm current UiTm student....shah alam campus...medical student...the 7th batch...n proud of it! :thumbs:
haha juz follow ur guts dear, we wanna make frenz here, no othr intention..

1marehsia... only 'frendly voices' are welcomed.... :peace:
yana89
post Feb 6 2010, 12:52 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(LuviT @ Feb 6 2010, 12:37 PM)
haha juz follow ur guts dear, we wanna make frenz here, no othr intention..

1marehsia... only 'frendly voices' are welcomed.... icon_rolleyes.gif
true...by the LuviT which UiTm campus r u from..n what course are u taking now...?
btw..its a gud move for creating diz thread..u'll see all the USM..UKM...UM threads even UTAR oso got one...but nver UiTM..
it feels good to have something to belong in here..nice job rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by yana89: Feb 6 2010, 12:54 PM
TSLuviT
post Feb 6 2010, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

lol.. yea no uitm rite?.. lyn members mostly are chnse.. uitm is for malay n bumi.. but now created liao, hopefully it will last longer.. v2 mybe..

im ex dungun aka dungeon.. laugh.gif laugh.gif ... now managing my own bzns.. tongue.gif

limeuu
post Feb 6 2010, 02:26 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,923 posts

why do i have da feeling diz thread will invite 'unsatisfied voices' around here... rolleyes.gif
but nevertheless....i'm current UiTm student....shah alam campus...medical student...the 7th batch...n proud of it! thumbup.gif
that anyone sees no wrong in the nature of the character of uitm speaks volume about one's values.......
TSLuviT
post Feb 6 2010, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

The moment people start to put assumptions and expectations; is the moment when everything around start to collapse
yana89
post Feb 6 2010, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Feb 6 2010, 02:26 PM)
that anyone sees no wrong in the nature of the character of uitm speaks volume about one's values.......
there's one....n counting.....
limeuu
post Feb 6 2010, 04:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,923 posts

QUOTE(yana89 @ Feb 6 2010, 04:40 PM)
there's one....n counting.....
qed..........
TSLuviT
post Feb 6 2010, 10:39 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

please...tmrrow is a new day, anthr chapter of our life... hopefully it will bright and sunshine all day long...

dedicate this thread for my lovely UiTM... so make sure all word given is in e right path... not sign0006.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
dreamer101
post Feb 7 2010, 12:11 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
15,855 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Feb 6 2010, 02:26 PM)
limeuu,

The English level of their post speak for itself.....

http://educationmalaysia.blogspot.com/2006...es-jobless.html

<< It is most interesting to note that Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) contributes by far the most number of unemployed graduates amongst all the universities in Malaysia. The number of unemployed produced (3,278) is more than double the next highest university, >>

Dreamer

This post has been edited by dreamer101: Feb 7 2010, 12:14 AM
yana89
post Feb 7 2010, 07:04 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(dreamer101 @ Feb 7 2010, 12:11 AM)
limeuu,

The English level of their post speak for itself.....

http://educationmalaysia.blogspot.com/2006...es-jobless.html

<< It is most interesting to note that Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) contributes by far the most number of unemployed graduates amongst all the universities in Malaysia. The number of unemployed produced (3,278) is more than double the next highest university, >>

Dreamer
there's the second one...

Give some credit here, at least some ppl here r trying to improve their english...

if u go by fraction...it's only 0.96% from the total number of students were jobless compared to the 99.4% who were successfully employed...there are around 300-400K of UiTM students nation wide...ppl tend to forget that....they just go by numbers...

This post has been edited by yana89: Feb 7 2010, 07:20 AM
dreamer101
post Feb 7 2010, 07:14 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
15,855 posts

QUOTE(yana89 @ Feb 7 2010, 07:04 AM)
there's the second one...
if u go by fraction...it's only 0.96% were jobless compared to the 99.4% ...there are 300-400K of UiTM students nation wide...ppl tend to forget that
yana89,

OBVIOUSLY, you FAILED math too.

The number is for the UiTM's fresh graduate of that year.

How many students do UiTM graduate per year?? It is NOT 300K to 400K. It is atmost 30K.

http://sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=14660

<<70% of grads from public institutions jobless>>

<< The breakdown showed UiTM as having the highest number of unemployed graduates with 3,278 (16.2%) followed by UUM 1,532 (7.6%), private institutions of higher learning 1,217 (6%), UTM 1,147(5.7%), UKM 971 (4.8%), UPM 919 (4.5%), other public institutions of higher learning 840 (4.2%), UM 531 (2.6%), USM 505 (2.5%), UMS 371 (1.8%), UIA 358 (1.8%), foreign graduates 342 (1.7%), Unimas 174 (0.9%), UPSI 39 (0.2%) and others 7,993 (39.5%).>>

Dreamer

This post has been edited by dreamer101: Feb 7 2010, 07:26 AM
yana89
post Feb 7 2010, 07:35 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(dreamer101 @ Feb 7 2010, 07:14 AM)
yana89,

OBVIOUSLY, you FAILED math too.

The number is for the UiTM's fresh graduate of that year.

How many students do UiTM graduate per year??  It is NOT 300K to 400K.  It is around 30K.

http://sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=14660

<<70% of grads from public institutions jobless>>

<< The breakdown showed UiTM as having the highest number of unemployed graduates with 3,278 (16.2%) followed by UUM 1,532 (7.6%), private institutions of higher learning 1,217 (6%), UTM 1,147(5.7%), UKM 971 (4.8%), UPM 919 (4.5%), other public institutions of higher learning 840 (4.2%), UM 531 (2.6%), USM 505 (2.5%), UMS 371 (1.8%), UIA 358 (1.8%), foreign graduates 342 (1.7%), Unimas 174 (0.9%), UPSI 39 (0.2%) and others 7,993 (39.5%).>>
Dreamer
ok..my bad whistling.gif

then again with the higher number of students there are probably more higher number of graduates of than other Uni...
3278 from out of 30K u say (though i think is more)? only 10-11 percent of its graduate were unemployed 80-90 percent of them successfully secured a job...
then again u'll do the maths now...since probably i'm not competent enough to do maths as u say tongue.gif

like LuviT said we r here to make friends....to share what information that we hav..... gahhh doh.gif

This post has been edited by yana89: Feb 7 2010, 07:36 AM
dreamer101
post Feb 7 2010, 07:46 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
15,855 posts

QUOTE(yana89 @ Feb 7 2010, 07:35 AM)
ok..my bad whistling.gif 

then again with the higher number of students there are probably more higher number of graduates of than other Uni...
3278 from out of 30K u say (though i think is more)? only 10-11 percent of its graduate were unemployed 80-90 percent of them successfully secured a job...
then again u'll do the maths now...since probably i'm not competent enough to do maths as u say tongue.gif

like LuviT said we r here to make friends....to share what information that we hav..... gahhh doh.gif
Deleted.

This post has been edited by dreamer101: Feb 7 2010, 08:14 AM
yana89
post Feb 7 2010, 08:20 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(dreamer101 @ Feb 7 2010, 07:46 AM)
yana89,

Let me see:

1) Medical student at UiTM and proud of that.

2) Bad English

3) Fail at Math

What is there to be PROUD of??

Hooray!! I am a medical student because I DO NOT have to compete with 50+% of the Malaysians??  Is this something to be proud of??

Dreamer
what is ur problem..really... shakehead.gif

at least i'm taking lessons to improve my english....you think i've failed math yes i hv..i didn't sit down n weep..i improved...I received an offer from INTI college to do A- level Cambridge with scholarship but i had to turn it down due to financial and health reasons at that time....I went to matrics scored 3.9...i applied for UKM and UMS but i didn't get through it's not that i'm afraid compete...

what is the thing that i'm proud of? i'm proud of the effort i put in to get here despite being frequently being hospitalized almost half of my schooling
years....

i work my butt off.....now being the top student of my batch and trying to maintain that......i voluntarily and willingly let myself be 'contract-ed' by the JPA for 10 years of service with the gov (and planning to stay permanently).....

at least i'm not some useless person who waste the gov fund for nothing! mad.gif

This post has been edited by yana89: Feb 7 2010, 08:51 AM
limeuu
post Feb 7 2010, 08:59 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,923 posts

anyone can be justifiably proud of one's own personal achievements.......

however in the case of the warped msian education system, one will be wise to be circumspect about the 'achievements' one thinks one has achieved.......

because a honest person will always wonders if he achieved really on merit, or because of some official policies...........

one should realise that matrik 3.9 is roughly equivalent to stpm 3.5 by most estimates........

and one would be somewhat ashamed to be in an apartheid educational establishment.........and rather keep quiet about it.......
dreamer101
post Feb 7 2010, 09:23 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
15,855 posts

QUOTE(yana89 @ Feb 7 2010, 08:20 AM)
what is ur problem..really... shakehead.gif

at least i'm taking lessons to improve my english....you think i've failed math yes i hv..i didn't sit down n weep..i improved...I received an offer from INTI college to do A- level Cambridge with scholarship but i had to turn it down due to financial and health reasons at that time....I went to matrics scored 3.9...i applied for UKM and UMS but i didn't get through it's not that i'm afraid compete...

what is the thing that i'm proud of? i'm proud of the effort i put in to get here despite being frequently being hospitalized almost half of my schooling
years....

i work my butt off.....now being the top student of my batch and trying to maintain that......i voluntarily and willingly let myself be 'contract-ed' by the JPA for 10 years of service with the gov (and planning to stay permanently).....

at least i'm not some useless person who waste the gov fund for nothing!  mad.gif
yana89,

Thank you for illustrating MY POINT precisely. You are a good example of UiTM student.

Dreamer

83 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0410sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:37 AM