Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Will You All Buy An Original Anime DVD to watch, Poll about original Anime DVD in Msia!!

views

TSXeonBox
post Dec 16 2009, 09:44 AM, updated 15y ago

Enthusiast
721 posts

Hi,

As media can be grab everywhere now ( Online download, online streaming, pirated, bootleg ETC ) Will you all Anime fans still will buy the original DVD? To watch or To keep! Do give me views toward this.

Thanks for your feedback over here =)

P/S : I am Malaysia Wholesales original Anime DVD provider!

This post has been edited by XeonBox: Dec 16 2009, 09:47 AM
bingozero
post Dec 16 2009, 09:53 AM

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
4,490 posts

If it got free gift, then I can consider buy.
gohkokho
post Dec 16 2009, 09:57 AM

Casual
364 posts

Hi XeonBox, there is nothing worth buying the local distributed anime box. First of all the English subtitles done by the local distributor are the most lausy job I ever seen. Also the picture quality of the anime sucks. Imagine 1 DVD can store up to 25 episods. One must wonder how good is the quality of the anime.

While downloading from fansub provide the best subtitles translation and some even done by fans from Japan. Also the picture quality and sound are at the best with each episod can go up to 200MB.

The only time I have to buy local anime DVD box is when I really lazy to download from our slow Internet connection.
Dias
post Dec 16 2009, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
161 posts

Only if the anime is good enough after watching the fansubs to justify importing it from the U.S. That's as original as it can get for those who only know bits and pieces of Japanese words.
shah_ho_nam2
post Dec 16 2009, 10:18 AM

らき☆すた
4,242 posts

if u can understand what they were talking without the sub, then u are on.
e-jump
post Dec 16 2009, 10:24 AM

┐( ¯3¯)┌
4,784 posts

Since original DVD do come with cheesy extra's, I'd buy it.
But i wont be buying every titles i like.

*I have UFO P Valkyrie USA dvd distribution (with english audio n subs mode)
**i never had any Japanese version as of yet
Fyonne
post Dec 16 2009, 10:24 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
904 posts

QUOTE(gohkokho @ Dec 16 2009, 09:57 AM)
Hi XeonBox, there is nothing worth buying the local distributed anime box. First of all the English subtitles done by the local distributor are the most lausy job I ever seen. Also the picture quality of the anime sucks. Imagine 1 DVD can store up to 25 episods. One must wonder how good is the quality of the anime.

While downloading from fansub provide the best subtitles translation and some even done by fans from Japan. Also the picture quality and sound are at the best with each episod can go up to 200MB.

The only time I have to buy local anime DVD box is when I really lazy to download from our slow Internet connection.
there is no local anime distributor here. all u have had bought so far are bootlegged version (taiwan ver?).
n there is no original DVD that came with 1 DVD which store up to 2 seasons eps. they mostly store up to 4 eps per DVD.

b4 u made a comment bout how bad ori DVD, try learn to differentiate between ori n bootleg DVD 1st.
guest18
post Dec 16 2009, 10:27 AM

hisap hisap hisap
2,236 posts

I wont mind paying a whole load of buck for the series I like

yafex
post Dec 16 2009, 10:31 AM

22 posts

yes, for series that i really like, if it comes with good subtitle, and great packaging at reasonable price. i mean, something around a few hundreds is ok, but rm2000 for a box set? i wouldn't go that far.
gohkokho
post Dec 16 2009, 10:34 AM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(Fyonne @ Dec 16 2009, 10:24 AM)
there is no local anime distributor here. all u have had bought so far are bootlegged version (taiwan ver?).
n there is no original DVD that came with 1 DVD which store up to 2 seasons eps. they mostly store up to 4 eps per DVD.

b4 u made a comment bout how bad ori DVD, try learn to differentiate between ori n bootleg DVD 1st.
hello mod, its just my comment and opinion, i did not say i am expert in anime or anything, this is just how i feel when buying from speedy or popular, why you get so upset about? i dont have the right to express my noob opinion in this forum? give me a break man
yafex
post Dec 16 2009, 10:38 AM

22 posts

no man, you have to understand. theres a lot of people mistaking the local bootleg ones as "originals" and come here to gloat/brag. he just want to make sure you have it right on whats original, and whats bootleg.

those bootleg has bad video quality, low resolution and bad subs. thats all hes saying yo, no need to be mad.
lemon5969
post Dec 16 2009, 10:39 AM

Casual
408 posts

if i have money i will buy it.
TSXeonBox
post Dec 16 2009, 10:39 AM

Enthusiast
721 posts

QUOTE(Fyonne @ Dec 16 2009, 10:24 AM)

This will be insult to Malaysia .. Malaysian does buy the original copyright from Japan.. And the Animation talk in Japanese for almost all the Original DVD that i open and watch. But Malaysia Anime DVD will got 3 subtitles, that is Chinese, English, Malay. And Malaysia Anime DVD is rocks. Why? Cause it is region Free. Worldwide 0. It can be play in worldwide DVD player. Other country copyright owner would not provide a region free DVD. So still.. Malaysia Anime DVD have points.
gamerazor89
post Dec 16 2009, 10:42 AM

9 posts

i buy the DVD if i like the show very much.

gohkokho
post Dec 16 2009, 10:44 AM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(yafex @ Dec 16 2009, 10:38 AM)
no man, you have to understand. theres a lot of people mistaking the local bootleg ones as "originals" and come here to gloat/brag. he just want to make sure you have it right on whats original, and whats bootleg.

those bootleg has bad video quality, low resolution and bad subs. thats all hes saying yo, no need to be mad.
no i am not mad, the mod does sound mad at me
anyway i am not expert in anime or whatever bootleg thingy
i am just saying my opinion on what ts ask whether will i buy anime box in the future
so i just saying what i feel cos all the while i been buying from speedy and popular
those anime really have bad quality of subtitles compared to the one download from fansub website
correct me if i am wrong for saying the above
no offence intended to everyone, cheers! notworthy.gif
Fyonne
post Dec 16 2009, 10:49 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
904 posts

QUOTE(gohkokho @ Dec 16 2009, 10:34 AM)
hello mod, its just my comment and opinion, i did not say i am expert in anime or anything, this is just how i feel when buying from speedy or popular, why you get so upset about? i dont have the right to express my noob opinion in this forum? give me a break man
u have the right to express urs, but
i just corrected u bout the part u compare the sub n ur so-called original DVD is bootleg to begin with.
ur giving false information n defaming those original english distributor due to the fact u fail to differentiate between the original n bootleg DVD.
Dias
post Dec 16 2009, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(yafex @ Dec 16 2009, 10:31 AM)
yes, for series that i really like, if it comes with good subtitle, and great packaging at reasonable price. i mean, something around a few hundreds is ok, but rm2000 for a box set? i wouldn't go that far.
RM 2000 is exaggerated.
A combined purchase of Aria the Animation and Aria the Natural and delivered via FedEx cost me a total of USD 196.72 That would make up to around RM678. A single box set delivered via FedEx will cost less than that.

If you are buying lots of box sets, then it's a whole different story, the RM2k.
Stormy001_M1A2
post Dec 16 2009, 10:52 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(gohkokho @ Dec 16 2009, 11:34 AM)
If you bothered to research, the ORIGINAL DVD or Blurays at most have 2-3 eps or maximum of 4 per volume. No such thing as 25 eps per disc.

For example, Bakemenogatari Blurays have 2 episodes each. Or Saishuu Heiki Kanojo have 1 episode per volume for 13 episodes run.

Speedy and Popular did not sell original versions, I am afraid.

Sichiri
post Dec 16 2009, 10:53 AM

Regular
1,165 posts

QUOTE(XeonBox @ Dec 16 2009, 10:39 AM)
This will be insult to Malaysia .. Malaysian does buy the original copyright from Japan.. And the Animation talk in Japanese for almost all the Original DVD that i open and watch. But Malaysia Anime DVD will got 3 subtitles, that is Chinese, English, Malay. And Malaysia Anime DVD is rocks. Why? Cause it is region Free. Worldwide 0. It can be play in worldwide DVD player. Other country copyright owner would not provide a region free DVD. So still.. Malaysia Anime DVD have points.
someone clarify this please. We bought the "orginal copyright from japan?" Never heard of this.

For all I know there is no shop selling Original imported from Japan anime.
The english/chinese/malay subtitled anime? Bootleg for all I know.
gohkokho
post Dec 16 2009, 10:59 AM

Casual
364 posts

My apology its my fault. If anyone have the time please enlighthen me what is original or bootleg thingy. Otherwise I will have to ask Mr. Google.

The boxes I bought is not original? It have sticker from goverment saying its tulen and also a local distributor name in the sticker.

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0584sec    0.28    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:26 AM