views

TSdavidgary73
post Jul 7 2009, 09:52 AM

Music Producer
Group Icon
VIP
4,903 posts

QUOTE(saw2001 @ Jul 7 2009, 07:25 AM)
wan to ask  my ipod using 2.2.1 firmware always also hang when i using facebook? what happen? is new.. once hang just stuck there can anyone teach me what to do?

WHEN u crash what u do? it will just stuck there. got any way to solve?
Press and hold the Home Button for 6-10 seconds to force quite a frozen application to quit.

Cheers
gadiylim
post Jul 7 2009, 10:10 AM

38 posts

@stringfellow

I do like your attitude man (: it's a very legitimate one to fight for what's right. In my case, i guess testing the 3.0 beta before it's release in M'sia from my dev friend is not somewhat "legal". I mean since he asked me whether i wanted to in the first place. Considering he's working an app to be released soon to the public for free, but that doesn't go into the "legal" account either since apple would have the final say of what you can do and cannot do. But now, since the damaged is done already. And that I can't revert back to the 2.2.1 without losing all my data with itunes, I did mentioned that I wouldn't mind paying for the $9.99 since it's been specifically set for the ipod touch users. But it'll be ridiculous to call up apple and say that they accidentally gave me a free 3.0 and ask them to charge it to me(I own a free itunes account, no cc details). I did mentioned that "my intention was to test the 3.0 beta". And I admit that you're right, but apple better correct the loophole in itunes before everyone figures this out. It's like this guy who wanted to withdraw cash from the atm machine, and he his amount was RM50. But it came out RM100 notes instead.

This post has been edited by gadiylim: Jul 7 2009, 10:11 AM
stringfellow
post Jul 7 2009, 11:18 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Stop accusing Apple for being in the wrong here. You are.

Point #1 - You got it from your developer friend. He is not supposed to do so.

Point #2 - You did not pay for what is supposed to be paid.

Apple's mechanism of sending firmware files for licensees of the Developer's Kit have already been explained by me. You did not pay for the USD99 Developer Kit, but you have access to this. By you having access to your developer friend's files, when you are not supposed to, your developer's friend license should be revoked. End of story.

Would you reveal who your "developer friend" is? Probably not, because of the "saving one's own skin" attitude that permeates around here, even your own skin when it comes to paying USD9.99 for the firmware upgrade. Would you actually pay for the firmware? God knows, and all I have to go is by your own words, and words are pretty useless, unless you hold credibility around here.

Long story short, you try to make yourself look like you've done nothing wrong when your act, together with your developer friend's account, is on the wrong side of the law. Whether that is intentional, or ignorant, or perhaps both, nobody but yourself knows. But accountability-wise, you are accountable for all your actions, everybody is. You just see it as something trivial and "nothing much" when acts like does not have an apparent damage to anyone but only to Apple's side.
Electric_Shaman
post Jul 7 2009, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

Okay so gadiylim is firmly in the wrong in this case. But if there's nothing that can be done to revert the action then no amount of words are going to right the action. If you really wanted to be as good citizen, you could go ahead and mail Apple 10 USD and hope it gets there =P at least you will have done the right thing

@Stringfellow
on the note of 'damage to Apple's side', the damage is 10 USD (or 99 if you want to count the developer kit), something I don't think they'd miss very much in the midst of their millions of sales. They lose out a lot more than that to REAL pirates, not people like gadiylim. People going out of their way to copy and distribute copyrighted materials. It's the same issue with green living solutions, people won't buy into them if there's a cheaper, but more polluting, solution. So the only way to fix the problem is to cut off the source, aim for the real pirates. That old WWF slogan "When the buying stops, the killing can too" is the kinda logic you seem to be applying, and it seems faulty in this modern world when there's just too many people to stop them all buying.

And on a side note since we're in the middle of a global recession it means more people pirating to make money, and more people turning to piracy for cheaper goods. I'm not saying it's moral or legitimate, just a sad fact.

Edit: Sorry if that seemed a little too personally directed at you stringfellow, it's nothing personal just wanted to point out there's more effective means of combating piracy; the value of public education shouldn't be underplayed as it is still a key method in correcting the piracy problem.

This post has been edited by Electric_Shaman: Jul 7 2009, 02:39 PM
stringfellow
post Jul 7 2009, 03:06 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Hence my point. Read what I posted. It is not the "damage to Apple" , it is the mentality around here that needs changing. No wonder Apple dont even bother to look past one eye at us and take us seriously and launch a proper iTunes Store, when Malaysians are gleefully leeching at will.

Respect the rule, and this incident would not had happened. The developer friend would have continued using his license according to the terms he agreed upon, and Gadiylim would have just have to spend USD9.99 on the upgrade and everybody's happy. Why complicate things by doing things through "the backdoor", and all this sneaking around treading on grey areas?

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 7 2009, 04:25 PM
saw2001
post Jul 7 2009, 03:54 PM

Chelsea Chelsea
1,192 posts

as you sys hold the off button. i tried. and cannot.. u all got experience like that?
stringfellow
post Jul 7 2009, 07:50 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(Kazuhito @ Jul 6 2009, 08:05 PM)
ngeh...
so much for Apple "population" dry.gif

sheesh...going out..hopefully the matter will be rectified when i reach home sad.gif
I take your absence as the assumption that your American iTunes account is already activated and you are busy browsing apps to get/purchase. My own attempt at creating a new account also results in delay of about 12 hours before the verification email is in my mailbox.

I was hoping for more than this "touch-and-go". As much as you being critical about Apple's delays, it would help the community here more if you could share your thoughts on the new account creation, than just "wham bam thank you ma'am". wink.gif

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 8 2009, 03:56 PM
saw2001
post Jul 7 2009, 09:36 PM

Chelsea Chelsea
1,192 posts

err.. i downloaded my firmware from apple. where is the file located?
stringfellow
post Jul 7 2009, 10:10 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

You dont really have to know where it is located, unless you want to use that firmware for jailbreaking. Just click "Restore" and iTunes will do the rest for you.

Otherwise,
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I trust and assume you purchase this legitimately.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 7 2009, 10:11 PM
saw2001
post Jul 7 2009, 10:23 PM

Chelsea Chelsea
1,192 posts

yup i did purchase it legaly. Thanks once again! really helpful
Darkchaser
post Jul 8 2009, 09:13 PM

On my way
522 posts

The iPod Touch is increasingly becoming more like an iPhone minus the Phone. With the camera seemingly all but confirmed, the only thing differentiating the Touch and iPhone is the phone functions (and its thickness....to a lesser extent)

Not sure if I'll be upgrading in September. Although the lure of a 64GB Touch will surely be strong....
wadever
post Jul 8 2009, 10:39 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

How can i download a route and save it into iTouch so that I can access the map without having to connect to the internet?
Is it possible?
Electric_Shaman
post Jul 9 2009, 01:13 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

How can i download a route and save it into iTouch so that I can access the map without having to connect to the internet?
Is it possible?

If you plot the route whilst you have an internet connection on the touch, you can still follow that route after you lose the connection.
If you have a jailbroken i-pod, then you can download maps, follow this tutorial:
http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f126/22320.htm

source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...18093353AATkBb0
chingwooi
post Jul 9 2009, 01:25 AM

~Doctor Wannabe~
5,124 posts

QUOTE(Darkchaser @ Jul 8 2009, 09:13 PM)
The iPod Touch is increasingly becoming more like an iPhone minus the Phone. With the camera seemingly all but confirmed, the only thing differentiating the Touch and iPhone is the phone functions (and its thickness....to a lesser extent)

Not sure if I'll be upgrading in September. Although the lure of a 64GB Touch will surely be strong....
Rumours are spreading around saying that the next generation of iPod touch will hv camera integrated smile.gif Sounds pretty cool haha, making it closer to an iPhone just without the call function, anyway, just rumour tongue.gif I'm not really sure that increase capacity of iPod touch to 64 gb would be a gd idea as we know the iPod touch can't behave as a HD so it's kinda pointless to hv that kind of huge capacity unless the released of next gen of iPod touch gonna support FLAC then it'll be diff story wink.gif
Electric_Shaman
post Jul 9 2009, 01:48 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

The iPod Touch is increasingly becoming more like an iPhone minus the Phone.

Yea but the other thing missing is an integrated microphone, a handful of apps/games have mic elements (i think you can plug in headphones with a microphone to use them right? not sure as haven't tried it myself yet). Hoping there will be one on the next gen touch...
THTgadgets.com
post Jul 9 2009, 09:05 AM

Bigger than Bigger
5,005 posts

Still hoping for some camera manufacturer to develop some add-on cam to the iPod touch, similar to what was designed for the Palm and CLIe several years back... At least us 2G iPod touch users can still have something like a camera to boast about! biggrin.gif
SoLiD
post Jul 9 2009, 09:32 AM

On my way
629 posts

yeah if the next gen itouch does comes with a camera then it will worth to upgrade...

btw any news on the 3.0 firmware being available in malaysia itunes? I thought it was introduced during the mac + ipod discovery week..

i know the singapore has it but i don't think my mastercard will work there =/

This post has been edited by SoLiD: Jul 9 2009, 09:34 AM
Darkchaser
post Jul 9 2009, 11:24 AM

On my way
522 posts

QUOTE(chingwooi @ Jul 9 2009, 01:25 AM)
Rumours are spreading around saying that the next generation of iPod touch will hv camera integrated smile.gif Sounds pretty cool haha, making it closer to an iPhone just without the call function, anyway, just rumour tongue.gif I'm not really sure that increase capacity of iPod touch to 64 gb would be a gd idea as we know the iPod touch can't behave as a HD so it's kinda pointless to hv that kind of huge capacity unless the released of next gen of iPod touch gonna support FLAC then it'll be diff story  wink.gif
It's already supporting Apple Lossless, which are pretty big files themselves. 320kbps mp3s aren't that small either. 64GB is still pretty small considering early HD-based iPods were running 120GB at one time. And of course with the Touch/iPhone, we're not only talking about music, but videos, apps and pictures as well. wink.gif

I'm not too excited about a camera. I mean, if you have an iPod Touch, you most likely have a separate handphone. And even cheapo handphones these days have 2MP - 3.2MP cameras. So I don't see it as an advantage. If it could support SIMCards just purely for HSDPA surfing, then that'd be a different story. That's easily the biggest advantage of iPhone vs Touch now.

My wishlist for iPod Touch 3G, features which would make me jump at it straight away:
- 64GB storage
- Better battery life for gaming. Music and video is ok, but games just drain too much.
- SIM slot for HSDPA broadband. I can dream right?

Yeah, maybe I should just go for 3GS tongue.gif But the battery life is very damning. With my current usage pattern + phone functions, I don't expect it to last more than 5 hours biggrin.gif
Kazuhito
post Jul 9 2009, 07:07 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Jul 7 2009, 07:50 PM)
I take your absence as the assumption that your American iTunes account is already activated and you are busy browsing apps to get/purchase. My own attempt at creating a new account also results in delay of about 12 hours before the verification email is in my mailbox.

I was hoping for more than this "touch-and-go". As much as you being critical about Apple's delays, it would help the community here more if you could share your thoughts on the new account creation, than just "wham bam thank you ma'am". wink.gif
sorry for the late reply~

just purchased myself with AmBank NextG debit card, and been busy buying stuffs apparently...
thx btw for the help later that day..d mail came about 24hrs after the registration..
stringfellow
post Jul 9 2009, 07:28 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(Kazuhito @ Jul 9 2009, 07:07 PM)
sorry for the late reply~

just purchased myself with AmBank NextG debit card, and been busy buying stuffs apparently...
thx btw for the help later that day..d mail came about 24hrs after the registration..
That is more like it! thumbup.gif

Congratulations on your new account, and I trust you will enjoy your apps immensely! rclxms.gif

It would be most helpful if you could review and recommend your purchased apps to the community here to help them decide on which apps are worthwhile buying.

124 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0247sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:43 PM