3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Why McD so Stingy, only 1 iPhone chase by so many blogger

views

TScalvynlee
post May 18 2009, 10:22 PM, updated 15y ago

Digital Marketing Trainer
1,997 posts

not sure you guys realize that McD is running a contest for blogger who hv the creative blog able to win "a" iPhone?

http://www.mymcd.com.my/bloggercontest

IMO, McD damm "kiam siap" lo, just take all blogger as their "water fish", blogger promote them, but only 1 iPhone to give out.

I think if they provide 1 free lunch for blogger who blog about them with a chance to win, still reasonable lo, even a set of their promotion lunch just worth $6.25 (total include tax)

What do you think?

I was thinking to find those "water fish" blog about me, I will treat them a Mc Value lunch, any 1 want to be my "water fish"???

This post has been edited by calvynlee: May 18 2009, 10:23 PM
MrSaints
post May 18 2009, 10:34 PM

29 posts

Lol, they McD is a Trans-national cooperation, they need to think of revenues too! And these iPhone and gifts they NORMALLY give away are "SPONSORED". Meaning? McD doesn't buy them at all, they are given by Apple to give out as prizes.
Can't tell, but yea, they are stingy wink.gif
NaDou
post May 18 2009, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
204 posts

QUOTE(MrSaints @ May 18 2009, 10:34 PM)
Lol, they McD is a Trans-national cooperation, they need to think of revenues too! And these iPhone and gifts they NORMALLY give away are "SPONSORED". Meaning? McD doesn't buy them at all, they are given by Apple to give out as prizes.
Can't tell, but yea, they are stingy wink.gif
Ya, they're all sponsored from other company. Stingy I guess but I still love McD. blush.gif
FirezZ
post May 19 2009, 01:05 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

wow .. Mc D.. blog to win hmm ...
calvynlee/... it is time for u to blogabout it.. mana tau ..can win an iphone wor...

pilotHans
post May 19 2009, 04:05 AM

scuderia ferrari pit crew (" ,)
2,525 posts

if blog kutuk mcD / -ve can win ka? sweat.gif reverse phyco or something......

like I love McD.....I even recycle their paper as toilet papers or something......just example so dont quote me laugh.gif
djzen
post May 19 2009, 10:13 AM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

this is business. one reason could be the economic downturn. another could be the advertising costs. and another could be that this is just a trial run of mass advertising through the internet.
HeHeHunter
post May 19 2009, 10:18 AM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(calvynlee @ May 18 2009, 10:22 PM)
not sure you guys realize that McD is running a contest for blogger who hv the creative blog able to win "a" iPhone?

IMO, McD damm "kiam siap" lo, just take all blogger as their "water fish", blogger promote them, but only 1 iPhone to give out.

I think if they provide 1 free lunch for blogger who blog about them with a chance to win, still reasonable lo, even a set of their promotion lunch just worth $6.25 (total include tax)

What do you think?

I was thinking to find those "water fish" blog about me, I will treat them a Mc Value lunch, any 1 want to be my "water fish"???
Agreed. That's why I am not planning to blog about it, at all. icon_rolleyes.gif
angel_ivy
post May 19 2009, 10:25 AM

30 posts

ya ya...economy down turn...not much business...so they want to promote more...then makes everyone blog about them....they get more business ma.. for me...I lazy blog about them...almost every week will get one MCD...for my lunch...
B-Mecha
post May 19 2009, 10:34 AM

Mecha collector & Multimedia Designer
1,080 posts

lol blogger requires to have the mcd lunch and write a post of it and compete with all the bloggers to win an iphone... such a cheapskate advertising stratergy (the advertiser / blogger even need to pay for the meal!).

maybe we can treat each other a meal for a post?
aleluya
post May 19 2009, 11:53 AM

I'm Teh Powah!
1,133 posts

marketing strategy is always the same, less cost more branding and more people to be attracted =)

there's no right or wrong in the strategy
joshuatly
post May 19 2009, 11:59 AM

Enthusiast
811 posts

haiz...
seems im very sure im not winning the only one iPhone, so better dont blog about it.
Anyway, even i dont blog about it, many people will do so and McD will win also!
1 iphone for thousands of blog posts...
worth of it...
plus they get it sponsored by maxis!
Maxis win also!
rukawa
post May 19 2009, 12:01 PM

::+::KukuKawa::+::
1,903 posts

Well, is the way it works and many people are doing it.

I did thought of one last time and it has the same similar concept.... well, u know, ppl are kiasu and when they see free stuffs, they don't even bother.
joshuatly
post May 19 2009, 12:26 PM

Enthusiast
811 posts

but sometimes if i dont have anything better to blog about, i will rather blog about it...
cos sometimes it is informative and your readers might love it if you blog it in a very special way!
djzen
post May 19 2009, 06:10 PM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

its more like you think its stingy. but to them, its smart. 1 minute of your time to get an iPhone. why not?
etsuko
post May 19 2009, 09:26 PM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,210 posts

ROFL! I lagi terrer. I complained why's it so dull and boring. Only an iPhone and no other idea of prizes. tongue.gif

But I guess like 1 commenter said, they trying to cut cost. Though I feel the agency who suggested only the iPhone either couldn't influence McD or they themselves think the iPhone is the prize everyone wants. LOL!
omniknight86
post May 19 2009, 09:54 PM

LYN 6 Star Forum Member
1,647 posts

QUOTE(calvynlee @ May 18 2009, 10:22 PM)

What do you think?

although kiamsiap but however a very clever strategy of marketing which can reach out to youngster at a lower cost
heavenhell90
post May 19 2009, 10:19 PM

1+1=11
1,271 posts

thats why by having people like us (see got 1 prize oni, dowan do), those who actually submitted for the post have higher chance of winning! lolll~ imagine if got 1 iphone 1 nokia phone or smtg smtg few prizes la, wah sure berlambak lambak wan lorr... even i oso participate, thats if i have the idea lol!
TScalvynlee
post May 20 2009, 09:28 AM

Digital Marketing Trainer
1,997 posts

thank for the great comment,

ya, i do agree you guys said, "good marketing plan" "clever marketing plan" "cut cost" "economy not good",

that why i said they just take "us" as "water fish" lo

as you guys mention, now i only realize the prize is some more not from them. this more stingy.

but at least some 1st & 2nd runner up, also some consolation prize, i guess should not cost much what? oven a voucher for a set of free lunch, to them, to us is RM6.25, but to them, how much was the cost only?

may be they really dono the so-call "blogging market",,

bad publicity is also a publicity, McD is stingy

Added on May 20, 2009, 9:31 am
QUOTE(pilotHans @ May 19 2009, 04:05 AM)
if blog kutuk mcD / -ve can win ka?  sweat.gif  reverse phyco or something......

like I love McD.....I even recycle their paper as toilet papers or something......just example so dont quote me  laugh.gif
possible too, blog that they are stingy, and point them the correct "blogging market", just like knock their head, so that they hv more understanding here, and next round will be better. You will be the heroes thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by calvynlee: May 20 2009, 09:35 AM
joshuatly
post May 20 2009, 10:15 AM

Enthusiast
811 posts

QUOTE(calvynlee @ May 20 2009, 09:28 AM)
but at least some 1st & 2nd runner up, also some consolation prize, i guess should not cost much what? oven a voucher for a set of free lunch, to them, to us is RM6.25, but to them, how much was the cost only?

may be they really dono the so-call "blogging market",,
bad publicity is also a publicity, McD is stingy

I think you are very very right.
I think at least let someone get something which is in their budget.....
like a free voucher for a free set lunch will do!
Dont tell me they not afford to sponsor this...
If they give everyone who blog one of the voucher (with proper terms of cos), i think will make more of them happy and more people blog about it.
i do think this is call blogging market...
lol!
just my 2cents!

SUSButterfly.Kasih
post May 20 2009, 10:24 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

stingy or not there will be suckers out there that would join this. too bad.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.57    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:09 PM