3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Wanna Ask..., My friend keep farting...dam smelly -.-

views

TSknuckleballer
post May 14 2009, 02:59 AM, updated 15y ago

♥ Ferrari ♥
2,156 posts

I wanna ask. My friend in class sit beside me keep farting. And damn smelly. Is something wrong with his health? Or is it common for people to keep farting all day long. Im serious here. Suddenly it just hit my mind and tought of asking it here. Anyone has any idea to enlighten the issue?
TSknuckleballer
post May 14 2009, 03:07 AM

♥ Ferrari ♥
2,156 posts

nono. its a daily issue. doesnt matter what he consumes, its still the same.
though he has been complaining of not being able to sh!t properly. could this be the cause of the issue? it has been going on for weeks. please advice.
Gr3yL3gion
post May 14 2009, 03:21 AM

Casual
468 posts

Unable to shit properly? Ask him to get more fiber.
TSknuckleballer
post May 14 2009, 03:55 AM

♥ Ferrari ♥
2,156 posts

any suggestions? apart from fiber. eating papaya?
chingwooi
post May 14 2009, 05:33 AM

~Doctor Wannabe~
5,124 posts

Go google under wiki "fart" and you will get the answer.
myremi
post May 14 2009, 07:13 AM

Regular
1,846 posts

It's his diet or lactose intolerant probably.

The fiber bit is correct but also could be too much sugar / meat. And unless he's willing to change what he eats, he could probably have smelly farts for the rest of his life.

Poor you. tongue.gif Buy some air refresher and be ready to spray around u. Hee hee!
Valentineday
post May 14 2009, 08:48 AM

Casual
478 posts

man...u are such a good friend...i heard if the fart smells is consider good cause it release bad thing inside ur body?? unable to shit...eat more papaya and drink vitagen
Polaris
post May 14 2009, 09:25 AM

Trust Fund Baby
2,850 posts

QUOTE(knuckleballer @ May 14 2009, 02:59 AM)
I wanna ask. My friend in class sit beside me keep farting. And damn smelly. Is something wrong with his health? Or is it common for people to keep farting all day long. Im serious here. Suddenly it just hit my mind and tought of asking it here. Anyone has any idea to enlighten the issue?
The combination of food this bloke eats is festering in his tubes like what happens in cows and emits methane/other toxic gasses.. he's like a walking dirty bomb.

I suggest you sit as far away from as possible.
jamis
post May 14 2009, 10:24 AM

Sometime just need to LOL.
3,385 posts

QUOTE(myremi @ May 14 2009, 07:13 AM)
It's his diet or lactose intolerant probably.

The fiber bit is correct but also could be too much sugar / meat. And unless he's willing to change what he eats, he could probably have smelly farts for the rest of his life.

Poor you. tongue.gif Buy some air refresher and be ready to spray around u. Hee hee!
i m about to say the same thing, maybe his breakfast consist of milk (probably HL) lol.
SUSPerseus
post May 14 2009, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

Candidate for colorectal cancer.

Tell him to change diet/lifestyle or risk cancer.

fearz
post May 14 2009, 01:01 PM

Casual
326 posts

since I started drinking large quantites of HL milk, got a lot of smelly flatulence
sad.gif

iwan_smtk
post May 14 2009, 01:04 PM

XYZ
1,028 posts

lol, i can't imagine that you still able to sit next to him tongue.gif
dryll
post May 14 2009, 01:46 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

im sure its pretty normal, just needs plenty of fiber to get the brownies out... next time, dont sit next to him thats all
secretsquirrel
post May 14 2009, 02:48 PM

Casual
389 posts

poor TS. Tell him to drink MILO daily cos the maltose in it is helpful to reduce the smell, dun ask me why cos i dunno, before he finds out how to stop fart in front of u tongue.gif

jamis
post May 14 2009, 04:04 PM

Sometime just need to LOL.
3,385 posts

QUOTE(fearz @ May 14 2009, 01:01 PM)
since I started drinking large quantites of HL milk, got a lot of smelly flatulence
sad.gif
i tried once, gulp in for like whole bottle in a day, and my stomach bloated, sakit, farting. VERY TEDIOUS.
TSknuckleballer
post May 14 2009, 04:12 PM

♥ Ferrari ♥
2,156 posts

he's my good friend of many years. this is just a small issue to me so im trying to help him out.

basically i think its not wat he eats but that he didnt sh!t for some time.
he says he always dont feel like shi!ting :S
chingwooi
post May 14 2009, 04:30 PM

~Doctor Wannabe~
5,124 posts

QUOTE(knuckleballer @ May 14 2009, 04:12 PM)
he's my good friend of many years. this is just a small issue to me so im trying to help him out.

basically i think its not wat he eats but that he didnt sh!t for some time.
he says he always dont feel like shi!ting :S
Wiki Wiki Wiki, Always Wiki:

Remedies

Dietary

Certain spices have been reported to counteract the production of intestinal gas, most notably cumin, coriander, caraway and the closely related ajwain, turmeric, asafoetida (Hing), epazote, and kombu kelp (a Japanese seaweed). Most starches, including potatoes, corn, noodles, and wheat, produce gas as they are broken down in the large intestine. Rice is the only starch that does not cause gas.[5] The amount of water-soluble oligosaccharide in beans that may contribute to production of intestinal gas is reputed to be reduced by a long period of soaking followed by boiling, but at a cost of also leaching out other water-soluble nutrients.[citation needed] Also, intestinal gas can be reduced by fermenting the beans, and making them less gas-inducing, and/or by cooking them in the liquor from a previous batch.

Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum have recently been hypothesized as being responsible for this effect. Some legumes also stand up to prolonged cooking, which can help break down the oligosaccharides into simple sugars. Fermentation also breaks down oligosaccharides, which is why fermented bean products such as miso and tofu are less likely to produce as much intestinal gas).

Probiotics (live yogurt, kefir, etc.) are reputed to reduce flatulence when used to restore balance to the normal intestinal flora. Live Yogurt contains Lactobacillus acidophilus which may be useful in reducing flatulence). L. acidophilus may make the intestines more acidic, thus maintaining the natural balance of fermentation processes. L. acidophilus is available in supplements (non-dairy is reputedly best[weasel words]). Prebiotics, which generally are non-digestible oligosaccharides, such as fructooligosaccharide, generally increase flatulence in a similar way as described for lactose intolerance.

Medicinal activated charcoal tablets (brand name CharcoCaps) have also been reported as effective in reducing both odor and quantity of flatus when taken immediately before food that is likely to cause flatulence later.

Pharmacological

Digestive enzyme supplements may significantly reduce the amount of flatulence caused by some components of foods not being digested by the body and thereby promoting the action of microbes in the small and large intestines. It has been suggested that alpha-galactosidase enzymes, which can digest certain complex sugars, are effective in reducing the volume and frequency of flatus. The enzymes alpha-galactosidase ), lactase, amylase, lipase, protease, cellulase, glucoamylase, invertase, malt diastase, pectinase, and bromelain are available, either individually or in combination blends, in commercial products.

The antibiotic rifaximin, often used to treat diarrhea caused by the microorganism E. coli, may reduce both the production of intestinal gas and the frequency of flatus events.

While not affecting the production of the gases themselves, surfactants (agents which lower surface tension) can reduce the disagreeable sensations associated with flatulence, by aiding the dissolution of the gases into liquid and solid fecal matter. Preparations containing simethicone reportedly operate by promoting the coalescence of smaller bubbles into larger ones more easily passed from the body, either by burping or flatulence. Such preparations do not decrease the total amount of gas generated in or passed from the colon, but make the bubbles larger and thereby allowing them to be passed more easily.

Often it may be helpful to ingest small quantities of acidic liquids with meals, such as lemon juice or vinegar, to stimulate the production of gastric hydrochloric acid. In turn, acid ingestion may increase normal gastric enzyme and acid production, facilitating normal digestion and perhaps limiting intestinal gas production. Ingestion of bromelain- or papain-containing supplements (such as raw pineapple or papaya, respectively,) may be helpful.
Odor from flatulence, caused by the intestinal bacteria called microflora in the bowel, can be treated by taking bismuth subgallate, available over-the-counter as Devrom. Bismuth subgallate is commonly used by individuals who have had ostomy surgery, bariatric surgery, fecal incontinence and irritable bowel syndrome.

Post-release

In 1998, Chester "Buck" Weimer of Pueblo, Colorado received a patent for the first undergarment that contained a replaceable charcoal filter. The undergarments are air-tight and provide a pocketed escape hole in which a charcoal filter can be inserted.

A similar product was released in 2002, but rather than an entire undergarment, consumers are able to purchase an insert similar to a pantiliner that contains activated charcoal. The inventors, Myra and Brian Conant of Mililani, Hawaii still claim on their website to have discovered the undergarment product in 2002 (eight years after Chester Weimer filed for a patent for his product), but state that their tests "concluded" that they should release an insert instead.

I don't think it's Lactose intolerance because his fren would hv diarrhea otherwise.

P/S: Friendly reminder for ur fren, constipation is a risk factor of colon cancer.

This post has been edited by chingwooi: May 14 2009, 04:32 PM
xchris
post May 14 2009, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

There's a product in Japan where you fart on your pampers and it will convert the smelly gas to flowery smell .. since it is not on sale here, try lapik his underwear with daun pandan..lol!
yeezai
post May 14 2009, 06:12 PM

-using no way as way-having no limitation as limitation-
2,531 posts

eat banana or papaya la can shit very fast after eating...
TSknuckleballer
post May 14 2009, 09:55 PM

♥ Ferrari ♥
2,156 posts

QUOTE(chingwooi @ May 14 2009, 04:30 PM)
Wiki Wiki Wiki, Always Wiki:

Remedies

Dietary

Certain spices have been reported to counteract the production of intestinal gas, most notably cumin, coriander, caraway and the closely related ajwain, turmeric, asafoetida (Hing), epazote, and kombu kelp (a Japanese seaweed). Most starches, including potatoes, corn, noodles, and wheat, produce gas as they are broken down in the large intestine. Rice is the only starch that does not cause gas.[5] The amount of water-soluble oligosaccharide in beans that may contribute to production of intestinal gas is reputed to be reduced by a long period of soaking followed by boiling, but at a cost of also leaching out other water-soluble nutrients.[citation needed] Also, intestinal gas can be reduced by fermenting the beans, and making them less gas-inducing, and/or by cooking them in the liquor from a previous batch.

Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum have recently been hypothesized as being responsible for this effect. Some legumes also stand up to prolonged cooking, which can help break down the oligosaccharides into simple sugars. Fermentation also breaks down oligosaccharides, which is why fermented bean products such as miso and tofu are less likely to produce as much intestinal gas).

Probiotics (live yogurt, kefir, etc.) are reputed to reduce flatulence when used to restore balance to the normal intestinal flora. Live Yogurt contains Lactobacillus acidophilus which may be useful in reducing flatulence). L. acidophilus may make the intestines more acidic, thus maintaining the natural balance of fermentation processes. L. acidophilus is available in supplements (non-dairy is reputedly best[weasel words]). Prebiotics, which generally are non-digestible oligosaccharides, such as fructooligosaccharide, generally increase flatulence in a similar way as described for lactose intolerance.

Medicinal activated charcoal tablets (brand name CharcoCaps) have also been reported as effective in reducing both odor and quantity of flatus when taken immediately before food that is likely to cause flatulence later.

Pharmacological

Digestive enzyme supplements may significantly reduce the amount of flatulence caused by some components of foods not being digested by the body and thereby promoting the action of microbes in the small and large intestines. It has been suggested that alpha-galactosidase enzymes, which can digest certain complex sugars, are effective in reducing the volume and frequency of flatus. The enzymes alpha-galactosidase ), lactase, amylase, lipase, protease, cellulase, glucoamylase, invertase, malt diastase, pectinase, and bromelain are available, either individually or in combination blends, in commercial products.

The antibiotic rifaximin, often used to treat diarrhea caused by the microorganism E. coli, may reduce both the production of intestinal gas and the frequency of flatus events.

While not affecting the production of the gases themselves, surfactants (agents which lower surface tension) can reduce the disagreeable sensations associated with flatulence, by aiding the dissolution of the gases into liquid and solid fecal matter.  Preparations containing simethicone reportedly operate by promoting the coalescence of smaller bubbles into larger ones more easily passed from the body, either by burping or flatulence. Such preparations do not decrease the total amount of gas generated in or passed from the colon, but make the bubbles larger and thereby allowing them to be passed more easily.

Often it may be helpful to ingest small quantities of acidic liquids with meals, such as lemon juice or vinegar, to stimulate the production of gastric hydrochloric acid. In turn, acid ingestion may increase normal gastric enzyme and acid production, facilitating normal digestion and perhaps limiting intestinal gas production. Ingestion of bromelain- or papain-containing supplements (such as raw pineapple or papaya, respectively,) may be helpful.
Odor from flatulence, caused by the intestinal bacteria called microflora in the bowel, can be treated by taking bismuth subgallate, available over-the-counter as Devrom. Bismuth subgallate is commonly used by individuals who have had ostomy surgery, bariatric surgery, fecal incontinence and irritable bowel syndrome.

Post-release

In 1998, Chester "Buck" Weimer of Pueblo, Colorado received a patent for the first undergarment that contained a replaceable charcoal filter. The undergarments are air-tight and provide a pocketed escape hole in which a charcoal filter can be inserted.

A similar product was released in 2002, but rather than an entire undergarment, consumers are able to purchase an insert similar to a pantiliner that contains activated charcoal. The inventors, Myra and Brian Conant of Mililani, Hawaii still claim on their website to have discovered the undergarment product in 2002 (eight years after Chester Weimer filed for a patent for his product), but state that their tests "concluded" that they should release an insert instead.

I don't think it's Lactose intolerance because his fren would hv diarrhea otherwise.

P/S: Friendly reminder for ur fren, constipation is a risk factor of colon cancer.
thanks bro!
holy crap. colon cancer? i seriously will notify him tomorow.
thanks for all the feedback guys. appreciate it tons.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:57 PM