Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SAD-Mission Team Dog Rescue, RIP Sabrina Yeap, FFF

views

TSadrianck
post May 8 2009, 09:29 AM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
172 posts

Hi all LYN members...

I will be organizing a rescue operation of the dogs in Pulau Ketam, due to the urgency, I had suggested to be held this weekend, or if not possible, next weekend... I had proposed this to se7en as a LYN project, and i yet to get response from him, but anyhow, i will carry this on as a sole, pure voluntarily basis event.

Due to the serious nature of the case at the moment, i will rush back to Klang from KK today and i will be forming a group of volunteers of my own to start a rescue mission.

My main intention here is to start with Pulau Ketam itself first, as i believe, the root of the problem started from the island itself, we will try to capture as many dogs as possible over there so that to prevent any next round of dogs sending to the abandoned island again.

I'm on the midst of contacting TV Smith and Sabrina Yeap (http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/index.html) on how we can assist and help them on their mission. Be assured that I will do my best to assist them.

As for LYN members who wish to volunteer themselves for this cause, PLEASE be minded that this is strictly on volunteer basis, and this event is gonna be extremely physical endurance and tiring stuff, so im not gonna responsible for your safety, injuries, etc that might would happen during the course of this event.

I would not accept any donations in form of cash, please donate directly to mycen.com.my and any contributions in form of equipments (dog cages, dog foods, drinks for volunteers, ropes, and others stuff that deem fit) would be very much welcomed!

Peeps, this is solely on voluntarily basis, no pays, no salary.... please bring your own water, money for foods....

I would appeal to all members on humanitarian grounds to help out this good cause!!

SOLELY SERIOUS STUFF HERE, NO SPAMMING, NO TROLLING

"SAD-Mission Team"

Team Leader : adrianck

Asst. Team Leader : Anne (Non-LYN)

Secretary : Vacant

Vice Secretary : chibi_tenko

Treasurer cum Logisitics : Yukaeshi

Head of Media : A-D-Photographer

Head of Communications : dadarouch

Team Members : espanda90, Kaven, panasonic88, choongster, XII,
andromedia,

My Contacts- msn- adran_ck@hotmail.com, email: adrianck@gmail.com, hp- 0122726777

SAD-Mission Team email: sad.mission.team@gmail.com

Whoever wishes to visit FFF, either for a visit or volunteering, please contact dadarouch or me first before getting directions to FFF.

Links for more details:

http://furryfriendsfarm2006.blogspot.com/

http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/updates.html

http://birdstalkingtoo.blogspot.com/

http://dog-rescue-campaign.blogspot.com/

http://pitch.pummkin.net/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE SECTION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- UPDATED --- 23th June 2009 ~Meeting proceedings rules & regulations~

.:: Rules and Regulations for SAD Mission Team MSN Meetings ::.

:: General rules ::

1. When Adrian ( Team Leader ) types, no one else must type.
2. only ONE person talks at a time.
3. Questions maybe asked after ALL the agendas are presented.
4. Refrain from giving personal opinions during the agenda presentation. You may do so during the QnA after that.
5. Settle disputes out of the group chat.
6. No c*ck talking or jokes during the meeting. Light moments can be done afterwards.

:: Welcoming new members ::

1. Adrian introduces.
2. All say hi.
3. Flirting, buaya-ing are NOT allowed in the group chat. Do it all by adding him/her on ur contact list.
4. Basic introduction :-
- Name
- Where you from
- Position in team ( team members only )
5. Proceed with discussion.

:: Posting tips ::

To ensure only one person talks at a time, I suggest this:

1. Before typing, type and send "T". This is to inform the others to stop typing and wait.
2. If clash happens, the earliest sender will have priority, followed by the next.

:: Vote calling ::

1. Follow the above rule to get everyone's attention.
2. Call the vote.
3. The rest can ONLY post "Y" for yes, "N" for no and "TBC" for to be confirmed.
4. Normal discussion will resume after the vote caller is done with the voting.

Those who disobey this rules shall be stripped and fed to the fishes.

Sincerely,

dadarouch

p.s any ideas or comments on this rules can be done by messaging me privately tru MSN.

Sincerely,

dadarouch
SAD-Mission Team Head of Communications
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by adrianck: Jul 17 2012, 08:36 PM
Stormy001_M1A2
post May 8 2009, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

Good luck. But I have one question, what gonna happen to the dogs once you rescue them? Just curious to know your long terms plans are.
TSadrianck
post May 8 2009, 09:42 AM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(Stormy001_M1A2 @ May 8 2009, 09:33 AM)
Good luck. But I have one question, what gonna happen to the dogs once you rescue them? Just curious to know your long terms plans are.
this is not a problem, most important is we could gather back as many dogs back as possible... and then i will arrange to where to send to...

be assured that these all dogs saved WOULD NOT BE PUT TO SLEEP.....

This post has been edited by adrianck: May 8 2009, 09:42 AM
putramon
post May 8 2009, 12:26 PM

Casual
361 posts

sry. did not read news..is it these dogs are brought over there to die by the authorities or what? ..hmm
Lester1987
post May 8 2009, 12:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

u guys can refer to this news... very sad case...btw what are you gonna do when u gather them?

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...3068&sec=nation
weichi
post May 8 2009, 01:09 PM

Casual
445 posts

I'm interested, and well i know my geography sucks, but how to go to pulau ketam frm penang? I can handle dogs quite okay, cos i've been handling strays since a kid.
Eu.Gene
post May 8 2009, 02:10 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(weichi @ May 8 2009, 01:09 PM)
I'm interested, and well i know my geography sucks, but how to go to pulau ketam frm penang? I can handle dogs quite okay, cos i've been handling strays since a kid.
Hi there, I'm a Klang citizen... mayb i can help you on this
I suggest 2 ways for you:

1) You find your way to KL, then take KTM straight up to KTM Pelabuhan Klang, the jeti to Pulau Ketam is right infront of you

2) You find your way to KL, then take bus from KL to Klang, then again take bus from Klang to Pelabuhan Klang, the jeti to Pulau Ketam is right infront of you\

FYI, Jeti, KTM station, Bus station, Balai Polis, Jabatan Imigresen, Pos office is all there...
EmoO
post May 8 2009, 04:41 PM

22 posts

I'm interested as well, it is extremely sad to see how cruel humans can be sometimes. Could you tell me how what are your plans for the dogs? And the exact date? I can probaly meet up with you and bring a few people along as I'm from Seremban... thanks smile.gif
A-D-Photographer
post May 8 2009, 05:12 PM

8 posts

I would love to be there to record the event in form of photography.
TSadrianck
post May 8 2009, 07:34 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

thanks for all your concern n interest!!

so far, a handful had shown their interest to volunteer... i really appreciate that....

so i will decide whether doing it this week or next... as i need a amount of volunteers....

i havent rcv any reply from Sabrina nor TV smith yet... but the secretariat will inform them and will decide by tonite...so keep finger crossed that if we can work together, i try to split our volunteers to 2 groups, 1 to the abandon island n 1 to pulau ketam....

stay tuned... i will keep u guys posted.

Added on May 8, 2009, 8:05 pmbtw, those who wanna know more, can pm me for msn... i will be online from 9.45pm onwards... n will keep u all posted faster.... tks...

This post has been edited by adrianck: May 8 2009, 08:05 PM
chibi_tenko
post May 9 2009, 08:29 AM

I see. I pinch. I squeeze
1,250 posts

This weekend will be too rush. If next weekend's on, count me and my brother in. I understand this will be a tiring and hot job but we'll try our best to help in any way we can. I've emailed Sabrina twice and she replied very promptly - I think the reason either she or TV haven't reply is because they were too exhausted.

Will any kibbles do? I know Pedigree kibbles are no good but it's the cheapest around. If it's ok with you guys, I'll the to get 1-2 bags of the 18kg ones. My main purpose it so that the dogs will get something to eat to fill them up and only later provide them with slightly better kibble during the recovering period. I apologize for making the offer to get the cheap kibbles as I've already donated all of my personal allowance for the month of May to Furry Friends Farm.

Meanwhile, maybe we all should brainstorm on how to round up the dogs in the smaller islands. My msn id is celinesm@hotmail.com. Anyone interested to discuss the rescue mission please add me in. Do add a note stating you're frm LYN dog rescue mission, else i might accidentally reject you adding me. thanks
Yukaeshi
post May 9 2009, 08:43 AM

Casual
Group Icon
Elite
417 posts

If TS is collaborating with Sabrina (From Furry Friends Farm, where the dogs rescued will most likely end up) and TV Smith, here's the site where you can get more information and updates from them:

http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/index.html

It's on the top bar of LYN forums too, in the red box.

If TS is planning to mount his own rescue mission, I strongly suggest that he colloborate with Sabrina and TV Smith instead of doing two seperate rescue missions, even as a LYN project. It would be much more easier and minimises risks. I've emailed them pledging monetary support and words of encouragement, and they have responded and I've donated to the cause. If you still don't get a reply, do try calling the numbers listed, or try to contact Furry Friends Farm.

http://furryfriendsfarm2006.blogspot.com

If you're serious in helping, try to contact them in any way possible.

And I don't think kibbles would be important on the rescue mission itself. What's important is getting the dogs out of the island and giving them medical care and attention. What's important is transportation (Boats, especially, since some boats are not big enough or some boats refuse to carry the dogs) and the money to pay for the cages, transportation and medical fees of the dogs. Kibbles can be donated afterwards to Furry Friends Farm.

No offense intended with my post.

This post has been edited by Yukaeshi: May 9 2009, 08:46 AM
chibi_tenko
post May 9 2009, 12:27 PM

I see. I pinch. I squeeze
1,250 posts

The reason I'm offering to donate kibbles is because after reading the updates posted by TV Smith, it seems that at most the number of dogs that they manage to rescue at a time was only 1-3 dogs. How about the rest marooned at those islands? They have already said that the dogs are afraid of humans and ran deeper into the mangrove swamp.

We gotta feed those still stranded there while trying to rescue any of the dogs that we can get our hands on. Even if Sabrina and team only manage to rescue 1-2 today, at least she can leave kibbles + fresh water for the remaining dogs.
Yukaeshi
post May 9 2009, 12:36 PM

Casual
Group Icon
Elite
417 posts

Ah, that makes more sense then after your clarification. Thanks smile.gif

I suppose the number of dogs which can be rescued can be increased if not for the lack of suitable boats and manpower. But then again the dogs are afraid of humans (Don't blame them), and leaving/offering kibbles out for them might make them more friendly towards the rescuers and also at the same time provide them with food. Although, that being said, time is running out for the dogs, as quoted in the updates page:

QUOTE(TV Smith)
I get this feeling that these people will probably take the easy way and shoot all of the dogs quietly to eliminate the inconvenience it is causing them.

So I feel getting them out of the island and to a safe place would be more imperative.

Nevertheless, it's still a good effort.
TSadrianck
post May 9 2009, 12:57 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

hi all....

i had got TV smith reply midnight yesterday where i had dozz off due to my tiredness...

apparently, TV smith advise to survey the island 1st instead of just go in there and make the mission.

here is the content of his email:

Hi Adrian,

For the remaining dogs on the island, I advise you take a survey first
and coordinate with us. You can catch them but they need to be
properly transported and sent to vets before going to the shelter.
Need to work with the village head on this. They have agree to put the
deportation on hold until a solution is found. Don't know how much is
true. Also might be easier to get the guy who caught the earlier batch
to help out. Maybe you guys can then go again to monitor the manner it
is done and see if it is harmful to the dogs.

Go visit, identify the areas, inquire with the villagers respectfully.
Then organise a proper capture. You can't just walk in one Sunday and
hope to do this. Thanks for the effort and kind thoughts though.

Cheers,

Terrence V Smith
Malaysia Central
www.mycen.com.my

so, im thinking and taking his advise.... n here i postpone our mission to next weekend, and for this weekend, tomoro, i plan for a survey on pulau ketam, talk to the villager, the village headman n discuss what we could do....

so, anybody wanna join this weekend trip.... please do inform me.... but this not gonna a holiday trip.... after the island visit, we will sit down n discuss what we could do, and plan for next weekend mission.

this might time some of your time, but all for the name of volunteering as well as saving lives of the living beings....
kaven
post May 9 2009, 01:50 PM

9 posts

yea it would be better to know the place and people there first before we make any move.

Can you give any detail about tomorrow trip? like what time and where to meet up? And what are the purposes and goals of our trip?

This post has been edited by kaven: May 9 2009, 01:51 PM
goldfries
post May 9 2009, 01:57 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

suggestion : rescuing the dogs take time, so in the mean time - bringing some food for the dogs would help them in their survival and less likely to go cannibal. smile.gif
TSadrianck
post May 9 2009, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ May 9 2009, 01:57 PM)
suggestion : rescuing the dogs take time, so in the mean time - bringing some food for the dogs would help them in their survival and less likely to go cannibal. smile.gif
goldfries,

u wanna support the mission? wink.gif

Added on May 9, 2009, 3:24 pmok... now i had sort out things... let me give a short brief of what we gonna do tommorow:

9am- arrive at P. Ketam Jetty
10am- Arrive at Pulau Ketam, do survey, talk to village headman.
1pm- lunch
2pm- continue survey at island
4pm- gather n discuss of next contingent plan for next weekend
6pm- arrive at klang n dismiss

if anyone whom has better agenda to add in, ideas, suggestions, opinions, etc... are really most welcome

for those who wanna join in tommorow expeditions, please pm or post your confirmation here

i know its kinda rushing but i dun really had any better options, as doing it on weekday would not convenient to everyone of u.

This post has been edited by adrianck: May 9 2009, 03:24 PM
EmoO
post May 9 2009, 03:47 PM

22 posts

Sorry for the silly question but for verification , this is to rescue the stray dogs that are on Pulau Ketam or the ones adbandoned?
TSadrianck
post May 9 2009, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(EmoO @ May 9 2009, 03:47 PM)
Sorry for the silly question but for verification , this is to rescue the stray dogs that are on Pulau Ketam or the ones adbandoned?
we will start from pulau ketam itself 1st

Added on May 9, 2009, 6:53 pm
QUOTE(kaven @ May 9 2009, 01:50 PM)
yea it would be better to know the place and people there first before we make any move.

Can you give any detail about tomorrow trip? like what time and where to meet up? And what are the purposes and goals of our trip?
i willl take some time to study how many stray will be still there in pulau ketam itself... try grab as many as we can from there, and send to the animal shelter...

as i mention earlier, prevention is better than cure.... nobody will put money on the guarantee that after this tragic incident, the pulau ketam folks would not send the dogs to there again....

i still awaiting for tv smith reply whether can we tumpang sabrina to visit pulau tengah.... help out if i could...

but anyway, i will definately start from pulau ketam, due to the current situation and time issue.

This post has been edited by adrianck: May 9 2009, 06:53 PM

25 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0243sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:30 PM